• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas, new Veteran and Anniversary Rewards suggestions' thread...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read in the UO News thread that the Devs, among other things, are working on coming up with Christmas and new Vet Rewards and Anniversary Rewards for this Year.

So, I thought that perhaps this is the good time (ideas need to pop up early enough to then make it possible to finalize them for the fall season....) to bring up some ideas of what players may like for this Year's Christmas, Vet and Anniversary Rewards.

For example, personally for Christmas and Anniversary I'd like to see a new set of collectible Statues or busts with varied rarity of UO related characters like Blackthorne, Dupre, Shamino etc. and even include the Avatar himself setting the highest rarity for it.....
I know that in the past we have had "some" of UO related characters released into the game at some point as a bust or a statue or similar but they were occasional items, never as a comprehensive collection that included them all.
It would be nice to have them now released one per character as Christmas or Anniversary items (so that players can work on trading their doubles r buying those that they miss towards completing their collection over time) from within a comprehensive collection to be reached so that once players have completed it, the collection can then be displayed in one's own home or in a Museum on a given shard....

For new Vet Rewards, the Devs can then decide for what Years active account age make them claimable, I'd like to see a search tool which, when used by a given account that is logged in to find an item (keywords can be used), will tell the players where that given item is located. That is, whether it is in a bank box of any of the characters tied to that account that is using the search tool or in their backpacks (it would perform the search also for those characters not logged in for that account) or in any of the secures or vendors tied to that account.
Basically, a search tool that can scan the entirety of bank boxes, characters and containers attached to the given account to find a given item that the player is looking for. If the item being seach for the tool will bring up a message saying where the item is located.

A usefull and desireable item but nothing that might hurt game balancing....

I would also like to see a "zero followers" slot new ethereal mount as a new Vet Reward. Before anyone starts yelling that this could be an inbalancing addition, we already have speed hacks in the game where characters on foot can run faster than mounted characters not to mention the fact that they can also run through obstacles as if they did not exist.... So, considering this, I do not think that a zero followers new ethereal mount would be a big deal at all....

Another suggestion that comes up to my mind as a new Vet Reward, is a "Jewels' case". That is, a new container like the BOD books, the Davies' Locker Table or the Seeds' box but that holds jewels, counts for 1 item and, most importantly, has filters to help the player better organize one's own collection of jewels and retrieve whatever jewel one may want to retrieve from the collection more easily.

Similarly to the jewels' case, also an "Armoire" could be added as a new Vet Reward to hold armor instead of jewels, also counting for 1 item and with filters for better organizing and finding of any piece armor.

I would also like to finally see added to the game a rideable "Sea Horse" as a new Vet Reward that would help one navigate the sea when riding it. Must be equipped right on the border of the shore and can only allow the movement on the Sea, not on land, if unequipped while at Sea the character would be bounced on the nearest land shore...

Bring up your ideas for Christmas, Anniversary and Veteran Rewards for this Year's Fall and perhaps the Developers will pick up a few of them and make them a new addition to the game !!

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I ask is that if Holiday tickets are used, please, please, please, please include the year on them so we can tell the difference, or at least make them a different color than the past green ones.

Thank you,

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about a Vet Reward Turn-in program because of all the IDOCs and for us old timers being able to get the new vet rewards that were not there when we picked our rewards. It is very hard to pick a 4th yr reward when you are 15 yrs old.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read in the UO News thread that the Devs, among other things, are working on coming up with Christmas and new Vet Rewards and Anniversary Rewards for this Year.

So, I thought that perhaps this is the good time (ideas need to pop up early enough to then make it possible to finalize them for the fall season....) to bring up some ideas of what players may like for this Year's Christmas, Vet and Anniversary Rewards.

For example, personally for Christmas and Anniversary I'd like to see a new set of collectible Statues or busts with varied rarity of UO related characters like Blackthorne, Dupre, Shamino etc. and even include the Avatar himself setting the highest rarity for it.....
I know that in the past we have had "some" of UO related characters released into the game at some point as a bust or a statue or similar but they were occasional items, never as a comprehensive collection that included them all.
It would be nice to have them now released one per character as Christmas or Anniversary items (so that players can work on trading their doubles r buying those that they miss towards completing their collection over time) from within a comprehensive collection to be reached so that once players have completed it, the collection can then be displayed in one's own home or in a Museum on a given shard....

For new Vet Rewards, the Devs can then decide for what Years active account age make them claimable, I'd like to see a search tool which, when used by a given account that is logged in to find an item (keywords can be used), will tell the players where that given item is located. That is, whether it is in a bank box of any of the characters tied to that account that is using the search tool or in their backpacks (it would perform the search also for those characters not logged in for that account) or in any of the secures or vendors tied to that account.
Basically, a search tool that can scan the entirety of bank boxes, characters and containers attached to the given account to find a given item that the player is looking for. If the item being seach for the tool will bring up a message saying where the item is located.

A usefull and desireable item but nothing that might hurt game balancing....

I would also like to see a "zero followers" slot new ethereal mount as a new Vet Reward. Before anyone starts yelling that this could be an inbalancing addition, we already have speed hacks in the game where characters on foot can run faster than mounted characters not to mention the fact that they can also run through obstacles as if they did not exist.... So, considering this, I do not think that a zero followers new ethereal mount would be a big deal at all....

Another suggestion that comes up to my mind as a new Vet Reward, is a "Jewels' case". That is, a new container like the BOD books, the Davies' Locker Table or the Seeds' box but that holds jewels, counts for 1 item and, most importantly, has filters to help the player better organize one's own collection of jewels and retrieve whatever jewel one may want to retrieve from the collection more easily.

Similarly to the jewels' case, also an "Armoire" could be added as a new Vet Reward to hold armor instead of jewels, also counting for 1 item and with filters for better organizing and finding of any piece armor.

I would also like to finally see added to the game a rideable "Sea Horse" as a new Vet Reward that would help one navigate the sea when riding it. Must be equipped right on the border of the shore and can only allow the movement on the Sea, not on land, if unequipped while at Sea the character would be bounced on the nearest land shore...

Bring up your ideas for Christmas, Anniversary and Veteran Rewards for this Year's Fall and perhaps the Developers will pick up a few of them and make them a new addition to the game !!
Rideable cow ethy. End.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Story arc....

An epic army of snowmen that can breath icecicles and cast freeze spells. They come fom the island of Ice and on a course to get revenge at Brit for the release of Santa that was captured by Blackthorn. Their only weakness is salt and can only be mined by gargoyles and are not stackable ( I had to slip that in). Fire only slows them down.

Blackthorn will try to move Santa if the snowman army gets to close to Brit. He will have to travel by road and will provide food for any companions willing to keep Santa a prisoner. Rudolph and Prancer on the stick will be provided to any willing to take on the cause.

The Grinch feeling that Blackthorn is trying to up him one joins in the cause of the snowmen army and creates havoc at Moonglow and Trinsic by throwing rock em sock em robots at the civillians and anything else that moves.

Jack Frost lets loose on the sea and causes iceburgs to form and creates ice sharks to attack any ships in the water. He ceates a ice verson of Cap'n Jack Sparrow that dances around your corpse.

A Gremlin happens to pop out in Tokuno and some players feed it and throws water on it hoping to find a l33t hax. They are sorry to find out that the Gremlin mutiplies and kills you and takes your corpse to turn in the treasure of Tokuno and gets really cool dyes. It eats the dye and takes on the new color. The Gremlin mocks with his new color that you will never get. They can only be killed by niceness sword which can only be granted by the devs if you post nicely on the boards to them.

Finally one player on each shard can only find the elusive Easter Bunny which once captured ends this mess and the shard returns to normal. If not found and captured by New Years Day, those shards are penalized by Baby New Year and are in stat loss for a week. Players can get lucky if they find the Leprechaun's pot of gold by the groundhog hole and can avoid the penalty.

Thats what I would want :p

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frodo is correct.. as I asked in the Producers letter thread. We need a exchange for gentily used Reward choices of the past.
Statues, Dye tubs, Robes, Cloaks and many other choices some have made in the past have left many with so few choices if none at all.

Number 1 : I would like to see a Rewards Npc for return for exchange. A year for year would be fine.. or a combo of items to add up to the year item they would like to exchange for.
This would give the players who had little or no choices left to at the very least get some of the fine new items the Dev have created.. and hopefully clear up alot of chest space used by excessive articles. (yes I know I repeated myself but the point needs to be made clear)

Number 2 : For those who are wiped out from past choices done in haste... 2 choices is very limiting with so many new choices and the new to come.
I'd like to see starting with the 16th year additional choices say .... 16th you would get 3, 17th =4, 18th = 4, 19th and beyond 5 per year.
In the long run 20 years in UO one would earn those 5 reward choices....

As for the OP's request....

Hmm For Anniversary gift... Something aimed at commemorating the milestone of UO in a ticket (dated as requested above) 16 years in UO is a big deal.... perhaps something from the first year that is long gone... a chioce of perhaps a titled copy of a server birth.... (dont have a heart attack Collectors) it Would be named and perhaps a change in color of its original..

As for Vet rewards :
Tamers would love a saddle for their Greater Dragon.. to ride it. (not to fight on mind you but at the very least riding the behemoth to the location and arive together and not the pet 3 screens behind or the owner running to catch it!
Crafters... I had an idea for a Tool Box (blessable). You could fill it with the tools your crafter uses be it sewing kits, hammers , picks,,etc.. and they would be added to the charges list for the tools you add in the box... up to 1000 charges total per fill. This will not change the need to make the items but will cut down on amount taking up space in a pack and house storage.
Statues and Clothing we have plenty of.
House addon's ...how to top the last years very good picks is tough.... but that idea for a Jewelry box is nice... or not an add on persay but at 16 years old that account would be elegble for 1 small 7x7 seconddary house. upgradeable per year of paid game play to the next size... we have the room on 90% of the shards where this wouldnt impede new players.

Christmas gifts:
I remember the first year in UO and how we liked our pets that lived in our homes. In real life many a child and family gets a new "friend" under the tree. That puppy,bird, bunny or kitten.
I know to give every character a pet would be going over board... but perhaps 1 pet per account per shard could be the one over all gift to choose. Then the rest could get things for the pet for home use once the pet is chosen.... Dog house, cat bed, bird cage... They could bark, whine, meow, purrr, thump foot, sing bird song.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
christmas gifts. the snowflake that blinks different colors. Firelights that are one color like all golden, red, blue, green, silver, not 3 different blinking colors like they are now. A new collectable gift box with some being rare. A small bow like the size of a plate.

vet rewards. Another house on same account. A wand that lets us go around and pick any NPC deco item that is in game to have as our own that says vet reward like the brush, checkers. New vet statue like chicken, pig, frog, little mouse or rat.

anniversary. I have no ideas i like what you give us.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frodo is correct.. as I asked in the Producers letter thread. We need a exchange for gentily used Reward choices of the past.
Statues, Dye tubs, Robes, Cloaks and many other choices some have made in the past have left many with so few choices if none at all.

Number 1 : I would like to see a Rewards Npc for return for exchange. A year for year would be fine.. or a combo of items to add up to the year item they would like to exchange for.
This would give the players who had little or no choices left to at the very least get some of the fine new items the Dev have created.. and hopefully clear up alot of chest space used by excessive articles. (yes I know I repeated myself but the point needs to be made clear)

Number 2 : For those who are wiped out from past choices done in haste... 2 choices is very limiting with so many new choices and the new to come.
I'd like to see starting with the 16th year additional choices say .... 16th you would get 3, 17th =4, 18th = 4, 19th and beyond 5 per year.
In the long run 20 years in UO one would earn those 5 reward choices....

As for the OP's request....

Hmm For Anniversary gift... Something aimed at commemorating the milestone of UO in a ticket (dated as requested above) 16 years in UO is a big deal.... perhaps something from the first year that is long gone... a chioce of perhaps a titled copy of a server birth.... (dont have a heart attack Collectors) it Would be named and perhaps a change in color of its original..

As for Vet rewards :
Tamers would love a saddle for their Greater Dragon.. to ride it. (not to fight on mind you but at the very least riding the behemoth to the location and arive together and not the pet 3 screens behind or the owner running to catch it!
Crafters... I had an idea for a Tool Box (blessable). You could fill it with the tools your crafter uses be it sewing kits, hammers , picks,,etc.. and they would be added to the charges list for the tools you add in the box... up to 1000 charges total per fill. This will not change the need to make the items but will cut down on amount taking up space in a pack and house storage.
Statues and Clothing we have plenty of.
House addon's ...how to top the last years very good picks is tough.... but that idea for a Jewelry box is nice... or not an add on persay but at 16 years old that account would be elegble for 1 small 7x7 seconddary house. upgradeable per year of paid game play to the next size... we have the room on 90% of the shards where this wouldnt impede new players.

Christmas gifts:
I remember the first year in UO and how we liked our pets that lived in our homes. In real life many a child and family gets a new "friend" under the tree. That puppy,bird, bunny or kitten.
I know to give every character a pet would be going over board... but perhaps 1 pet per account per shard could be the one over all gift to choose. Then the rest could get things for the pet for home use once the pet is chosen.... Dog house, cat bed, bird cage... They could bark, whine, meow, purrr, thump foot, sing bird song.
That is beyond pathetic and greedy.

You made your choices, live with them. They were gifts!

You must be a real joy the day after Christmas lol

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a Vet Reward Turn-in program because of all the IDOCs and for us old timers being able to get the new vet rewards that were not there when we picked our rewards. It is very hard to pick a 4th yr reward when you are 15 yrs old.
How about a vet reward give-away program. People who collected far more than they need from IDOCs and friends quitting would be encouraged to give their surplus away to those who don't have the items and may want them.

As to your second part, I'd like to see the items added to the rmt store in some capacity. I wouldn't mind having a sheep statue, but have a hard time justifying the cost when I could use that reward choice on something more useful.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is beyond pathetic and greedy.

You made your choices, live with them. They were gifts!

You must be a real joy the day after Christmas lol
No you are beyond pathetic. These are not "gifts" they are rewards and a lot of those rewards were not there when we picked ours many, many years ago. I am not talking a 0ne for one turn-in point system but a 2 for one point system would get rid of a lot of rewards that are taking up space. You want a garden shed then it would cost you 30 1st yr rewards, 15 2nd and so on. Sure am glad that all these new players get 2 soulstones and a ethy horse after 1 yr of paying while the rest of us had to wait 3 yrs for a ethy and how many for a soulstone.

How about a vet reward give-away program. People who collected far more than they need from IDOCs and friends quitting would be encouraged to give their surplus away to those who don't have the items and may want them.
How about you go buy them like a lot of us have had to do or better yet go do IDOCs like some people do. This is not a give-away program but a exchange program at a cost.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...How about you go buy them like a lot of us have had to do or better yet go do IDOCs like some people do. This is not a give-away program but a exchange program at a cost.
I can buy them and frequently have. You have stated in another thread that your castle is overflowing with low year rewards due to IDOCs. At this point you have more than you need and the market value is lower per reward than your perceived value of the reward. Asking for more for yourself just seems greedy. I do agree with you that it would be nice to find a way to get more of the less common rewards into circulation.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can buy them and frequently have. You have stated in another thread that your castle is overflowing with low year rewards due to IDOCs. At this point you have more than you need and the market value is lower per reward than your perceived value of the reward. Asking for more for yourself just seems greedy. I do agree with you that it would be nice to find a way to get more of the less common rewards into circulation.
I have never stated that my castle is overflowing due to IDOCs. I do not do IDOCs and I do not sell vet rewards so do not even try to make this out that I am asking for this so I can make gold. I have had many house in my 15 years of UO and a lot of them were upgrades from friends leaving UO so they left everything in them and also belonged to a guild, I am the last one left, that required Copper Robes and Cloaks to be worn and as guildies left I was given all thier goodies for the guild. So yes I have a ton of rewards I could use. There have been so nice Vet Rewards added that are low year picks, look at 1st yr alone. I see no reason why any Vet should have to use high year reward picks for them. Setting up a Vet Reward NPC can be done the same way as the Clean Up NPC and I do not want a 1 for 1 turn in point system. The system I would like to see is a 2 for 1 point system so if you wanted a 15th vet reward you could turn in 30 1st yr / 15 2nd yr or any thing that totaled 30 when added together. Each vet reward is worth 1 point per year for turn in but costs 2 points per year when buying them from the NPC. This does 2 things: removes a lot of old rewards from the system and allows older vets to get low year rewards without using high year picks. Vet rewards from the NPC would still have the same rerquirements as the Vet Reward Program does. Account bound items are still account bound and you still need to be old enough to pick that reward even from the NPC. 2 yr old accounts will not get shard shields, sorry.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gorbs Frodo and many like myself have over the years gained extra rewards from exactly what frodo said...
I find tubs for 25k all the time on vendors ... and many accounts friends gave me used up the years rewards way before I got them.
There fore the chioce's on some are limited.
Especially when you only get 2 per year... It is why I asked for a raise.
As the Exchange would go as I would see it first year items for said same and if you dont have enough of a set year you can add the items up (add in a small extra few to mix to cover any exploiting by would be slavers) and you couldbuild up to that garden shed or shard shield you need or want.
Btw I buy the low end rewards up when i see them.... not for this mind you but i have given sets to newly returning players over the years who came back to nothing left as houses fell taking all with it. To top it off I have a wayward home for Dragon Statues........... no i wont turn them in... they MINE!!! hehehe heck there is very few id turn in of them.
I know many are sitting in storage chests all over player's homes and bank boxes not being used and the new reward choices are sooo wanted. This wouldbe for players who dont have a choice to spare, I hear them drooling over the new stuff...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know what I want?

I would love to have a return of community and to leave this greed behind. I'd like that.

I'd like to attend an EM event and not have to put up with a bunch of trolls who just want "stuff" ..... I'm sick of the gimme, gimme, gimme whiners.... I want plot and story... I miss the old invasions giving me something to fight for.... not just the grab for stuff to sell for multi millions.....

I'd like to see a community project for Xmas...

I'd like to see an anniversary that celebrates community....

I'd like to see more DEV's hired. That's what I'd like.... I'd like something substantial to look forward to that shows some commitment from EA toward the game I've devoted 100's of dollars and countless hours to. I'd like to hear from EA telling me I shouldn't have to worry about more cutbacks and lay offs.....

I'd like to hear from EA that they are going to do something about the stinking Origin store not allowing me to buy upgrades for all 9 of my accounts.... I have to buy crap one by one?????? Do they really NOT want my money???? WTF is the deal? If I want to spend 200bucks upgrading my accounts don't you think I ought to be able to without having to jump thru hurdles or go to 3rd party sites so I can purchase in bulk..... Wouldn't it be nice to see that EA is actually committed to improving customer service and the quality of their games and game sites??

I didn't see any mention in the Producers Letter about bringing back MYUO..... am I never going to be able to see who's in what guild again??? Will I never again be able to tell just who does have the biggest Guild on my shard???

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what I want?

I would love to have a return of community and to leave this greed behind. I'd like that.

I'd like to attend an EM event and not have to put up with a bunch of trolls who just want "stuff" ..... I'm sick of the gimme, gimme, gimme whiners.... I want plot and story... I miss the old invasions giving me something to fight for.... not just the grab for stuff to sell for multi millions.....

I'd like to see a community project for Xmas...

I'd like to see an anniversary that celebrates community....

I'd like to see more DEV's hired. That's what I'd like.... I'd like something substantial to look forward to that shows some commitment from EA toward the game I've devoted 100's of dollars and countless hours to. I'd like to hear from EA telling me I shouldn't have to worry about more cutbacks and lay offs.....

I'd like to hear from EA that they are going to do something about the stinking Origin store not allowing me to buy upgrades for all 9 of my accounts.... I have to buy crap one by one?????? Do they really NOT want my money???? WTF is the deal? If I want to spend 200bucks upgrading my accounts don't you think I ought to be able to without having to jump thru hurdles or go to 3rd party sites so I can purchase in bulk..... Wouldn't it be nice to see that EA is actually committed to improving customer service and the quality of their games and game sites??

I didn't see any mention in the Producers Letter about bringing back MYUO..... am I never going to be able to see who's in what guild again??? Will I never again be able to tell just who does have the biggest Guild on my shard???

That's the funny thing about greed. It destroys rather than build.

MYUO I highly doubt will be seen again. That would give pretty easy numbers to decipher the size of the community. I think Tina's spreadsheet on guilds scared them lol.

Dev hiring I can only add my opinion. I cant foresee it since I feel UO is in maintenance mode. GW1 is in maintenance mode ( since gw2 release) and still gets more than UO does.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's the funny thing about greed. It destroys rather than build.

MYUO I highly doubt will be seen again. That would give pretty easy numbers to decipher the size of the community. I think Tina's spreadsheet on guilds scared them lol.

Dev hiring I can only add my opinion. I cant foresee it since I feel UO is in maintenance mode. GW1 is in maintenance mode ( since gw2 release) and still gets more than UO does.
Oh I agree but I'm not going down without a fight. If I have to find information on who exactly I have to bitchslap at EA to get them to pull their collective heads out of their netherregions and get us some freaking support then that's what I'll do. I intend to continue to give them my feedback regarding the lack of in-game and out of game support... until the issue is resolved. I'm sick of being told there isn't any support for UO. I'm fed up with paging a GM only to get an email a week or more later telling me they will "look into" the matter..... hell by then I forgot wtf I paged for...

If I have to I'll start a petition to EA in effort to revitalize our game. I don't mean to go quietly into the long night..... I plan to fight tooth and nail... I support them by paying my accounts monthly the least they can do is answer the freaking phone and help me update my accounts... give me a number to call to get support.... give me a GM when I page... and stop throwing out our DEV's every time they make a stupid mistake with another game. Why should we pay because they can't produce a decent game? Why make us suffer? Have we not been loyal enough for them??? 15 years we've given... that's over 180 months of loyalty... and for what to be kicked in the teeth whenever they mess up something???? To be pushed aside and forgotten over some silly new title that doesn't last 6 months?

If I find who to write at EA to tell them how unhappy and unfair I believe it all is then I'd sure share it with everyone. I want to raise my voice in protest.... If I knew where to raise it to I would.

I talked to their EA Support chat today and asked who exactly I contact regarding the lack of support for UO...

You know what they told me? I should post it on the UO Forums.... I said what UO Forums????? We haven't had official forums in AGES.... that's the problem.... we have NO WHERE to turn.

Last edited:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you really want to fight it will take a lot of work. Here you go with some information and ideas.

Contact Information

Electronic Arts Inc

209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
United States
Phone: 1-650-628-1500
Fax: 1-650-628-1414
www.info.ea.com
Key Executives for Electronic Arts Inc (EA)

Lawrence F Probst III "Larry"Chairman/Interim CEO Peter R MooreChief Operating Officer
Frank D GibeauPresident:EA Games Label Blake J JorgensenExec VP/CFO
Kenneth A BarkerSenior VP/Chief Acctg Ofcr Stephen G BeneSenior VP/Secretary/Gen Cnsl
Nick EarlSenior Vice President Rob SisonVP:Investor Relations
Rajat TanejaExec VP/CTO

Also you should contact actual news sites that cover UO like

http://massively.joystiq.com/

http://www.mmorpg.com/

Open a Twitter account and spam them with your complaints :p

https://twitter.com/EA

Contact them on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/EA

Everybody you talk to point them to UO Stratics so they can see the issues.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No you are beyond pathetic. These are not "gifts" they are rewards and a lot of those rewards were not there when we picked ours many, many years ago. I am not talking a 0ne for one turn-in point system but a 2 for one point system would get rid of a lot of rewards that are taking up space. You want a garden shed then it would cost you 30 1st yr rewards, 15 2nd and so on. Sure am glad that all these new players get 2 soulstones and a ethy horse after 1 yr of paying while the rest of us had to wait 3 yrs for a ethy and how many for a soulstone.

How about you go buy them like a lot of us have had to do or better yet go do IDOCs like some people do. This is not a give-away program but a exchange program at a cost.
Are you sure they are rewards?

Because in the very heated vet reward/shard shield thread you sure had a different view of what they were Frodo.

What did you say about them in that thread again?

"You were given Vet Rwards for paying your subs, nothing more. You did nothing in UO to earn these. You don't even have to log-in the have your account awarded these"

You are funny bro :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you sure they are rewards?

Because in the very heated vet reward/shard shield thread you sure had a different view of what they were Frodo.

What did you say about them in that thread again?

"You were given Vet Rwards for paying your subs, nothing more. You did nothing in UO to earn these. You don't even have to log-in the have your account awarded these"

You are funny bro :)
Thank you for going to all that trouble by finding an old post where in fact I proved to all of you that these are REWARDS and how you EARNED them. Please show me and others in this thread that any statement I have made here says anything different. I guess you have no clue as to the difference between a gift and a reward, here let me educate you. You know to teach somebody: to give knowledge to or develop the abilities of somebody by teaching or to train somebody: to train somebody, or improve somebody's awareness in a particular field.

GIFT
  1. something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.
  2. the act of giving.
  3. something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned: Those extra points he got in the game were a total gift.
REWARD
  1. thing given in return: something desirable given in return for what somebody has done
  2. money offered in return: money offered for information about the whereabouts of a criminal or the return of something lost or stolen
  3. benefit received: a benefit obtained as a result of an action taken or a job done
You are pathetic bro :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you really want to fight it will take a lot of work. Here you go with some information and ideas.

Contact Information

Electronic Arts Inc

209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
United States
Phone: 1-650-628-1500
Fax: 1-650-628-1414
www.info.ea.com
Key Executives for Electronic Arts Inc (EA)

Lawrence F Probst III "Larry"Chairman/Interim CEO Peter R MooreChief Operating Officer
Frank D GibeauPresident:EA Games Label Blake J JorgensenExec VP/CFO
Kenneth A BarkerSenior VP/Chief Acctg Ofcr Stephen G BeneSenior VP/Secretary/Gen Cnsl
Nick EarlSenior Vice President Rob SisonVP:Investor Relations
Rajat TanejaExec VP/CTO

Also you should contact actual news sites that cover UO like

http://massively.joystiq.com/

http://www.mmorpg.com/

Open a Twitter account and spam them with your complaints :p

https://twitter.com/EA

Contact them on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/EA

Everybody you talk to point them to UO Stratics so they can see the issues.
Thanks for the Info..... I will use it to my advantage....

Though sadly I hate twitter and Facebook as they are tools of Satan.... and I refuse to use them.... however the rest of the information I will use. As I told the fellow last night I'm determined to make our voice heard and let them know we will not go down without a fight. We have put our money where our mouths are and have stayed with UO for countless months paying our dues updating our accounts and for what????? So they can take our revenue and use it on failing game ideas then punish us for it???? Strip us dry of our team until they can bleed us no more... Then what?

You know the wise idea would be to put the revenue back into a game that is creating it and perhaps grow it to produce more...... not strip it until it breaks even.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vet reward: Forged Metal of Artifacts (16th year) - replenishes charges (1 charge per 24 real time hours)
Holiday/anniversary Gift: Scroll of Alacrity Book.

Vet reward Shard shields are certainly hard to top... but I would most definitely get a 1 charge per day enhancing tool.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for going to all that trouble by finding an old post where in fact I proved to all of you that these are REWARDS and how you EARNED them. Please show me and others in this thread that any statement I have made here says anything different. I guess you have no clue as to the difference between a gift and a reward, here let me educate you. You know to teach somebody: to give knowledge to or develop the abilities of somebody by teaching or to train somebody: to train somebody, or improve somebody's awareness in a particular field.

GIFT
  1. something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.
  2. the act of giving.
  3. something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned: Those extra points he got in the game were a total gift.
REWARD

1. thing given in return: something desirable given in return for what somebody has done
  2. money offered in return: money offered for information about the whereabouts of a criminal or the return of something lost or stolen
  3. benefit received: a benefit obtained as a result of an action taken or a job done
You are pathetic bro :)

Post all the irrelevant defintions you want bud :)

Bottom line is that in an earlier thread you made a point of saying that players did nothing to earn them yet now in this thread you argue that they are not simply gifts but rewards that you should be able to turn in for more valuable rewards.

Here again is your exact quote - ""You were given Vet Rwards for paying your subs, nothing more. You did nothing in UO to earn these"
Nobody is twisting your words or taking them out of context bud.

You sure want to get a lot of new and extra value for something that in your own words was never earned. Kinda ironic and greedy at the same time dont you think lol?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Still waiting for the option to trade in a house for a gypsy camp complete with a livable vardo.

No, I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs in the game and not in invulnerable mode in the Arenas and actually have to play and defend themselves like the rest of the mortals do :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post all the irrelevant defintions you want bud :)

Bottom line is that in an earlier thread you made a point of saying that players did nothing to earn them yet now in this thread you argue that they are not simply gifts but rewards that you should be able to turn in for more valuable rewards.

Here again is your exact quote - ""You were given Vet Rwards for paying your subs, nothing more. You did nothing in UO to earn these"
Nobody is twisting your words or taking them out of context bud.

You sure want to get a lot of new and extra value for something that in your own words was never earned. Kinda ironic and greedy at the same time dont you think lol?
LOL PLEASE show me anything you did in UO to EARN a Vet Reward, you can not. It is a %100 fact that the only requirement that you had to do was pay your monthly fee to earn Vet Rewards. So the little statement that you quoted and trying to twist is just another attemps at you usual BS.

Just another pathetic BS post trying to twist facts to suit your needs.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Vet rewards I would like a rune Library Add-On for the house. You could place all your rune books into the library and access them through customizable menus, and take rune books out as needed. As well, a vet reward that gives the ability to add another floor to your house (yes you can do this with goza mats but it's not the same), and I still want my vet reward with the little old lady on the rocking chair (like Petra-Fyde's signature) telling stories of what UO used to be like in the old days....or better yet it could also tell you where on stratics to find information! :D On second thought make that an anniversary gift so everyone can have one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For Vet rewards I would like a rune Library Add-On for the house. You could place all your rune books into the library and access them through customizable menus, and take rune books out as needed. As well, a vet reward that gives the ability to add another floor to your house (yes you can do this with goza mats but it's not the same), and I still want my vet reward with the little old lady on the rocking chair (like Petra-Fyde's signature) telling stories of what UO used to be like in the old days....or better yet it could also tell you where on stratics to find information! :D On second thought make that an anniversary gift so everyone can have one.
That rocking chair sounds like a good 15th anniversary item for old timers to put on their porch and invite the "younguns" over to listen.

Perhaps they could do a writing contest for it where folk send in small tales of years past and when on story mode it tells them one sentence at a time.

Or what might be cooler would be if you could drop a book on it and it would read from the book.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I want two tone dye tub that dyes talismans, glasses, and other artifacts. So I can match my hues across cloth, leather, metal and my support pieces. This would be a new 5th year vet reward.

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'd like to see a Fishing Tackle Box to put all my Fish Bait in. And it would also be great if the baits could be combined inside the box so instead of having one bait with 10 charges and on with 15 charges, you could combine them to make 25 charges.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd like to see a Fishing Tackle Box to put all my Fish Bait in. And it would also be great if the baits could be combined inside the box so instead of having one bait with 10 charges and on with 15 charges, you could combine them to make 25 charges.
Um...... hun they do combine..... just click one and target the next..... and poof... they are combined.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 16th anniversary - how about a selection of 1 clothing piece (like robe, kilt, sash, apron, fancy shirt, etc.) with up to 2 available mods and a cap of 250. Never gonna happen, but YOU ASKED!

For vet rewards - any rideable animal similar to the polar bear (one of my favorite current rewards). Gorillas, bulls, mongbats, and greater harts are just a few ideas.

Holiday gifts - holiday hued dyes? 'Reindeer Red', 'Grinch Green', 'Yuletide Yellow', 'Blizzard Blue', etc. 10 uses each.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two nice things please: tubs to dye cloth in metal colours, and graphics for garland, formal shirt, fur boots, fur kilt, fur cloak, and arcane clothing items ingame.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still want a spider mount... that would be cool.....

New tamables... Camel... Elephant... Greater White Wyrm.... Gryphon... Battle Cat.... Chimera?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An upgrade for my Gd so i can ride it to where i got ot go... now that is a reward! Getting a potion that wouldmake my WW a Greater WW would be loved to the nth degree....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An upgrade for my Gd so i can ride it to where i got ot go... now that is a reward!

I really like the idea of a special saddle as a new Veteran Reward which, when applied to any tamed per (not just a Greater Dragon but included a Greater Dragon...) would allow the master to ride it....
Making it a 16th Year Vet Reward, though, would be too extreme IMHO since I would assume this would be a very popular item and 16th Year accounts are scarce in numbers. Perhaps it would be best if it was made a lower year Vet Reward ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another item which I would see well as a Veteran Reward is a blessed stone which would work like the old Trammel/Felucca moonstones, those which allowed players to transfer on the same location they were, on the mirror facet.