• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help Please! Account Management!

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The account I will be talking about has been active for more than 4 years now. It was linked to my master account (which is not active) through the account management system about half a year ago without any problems.
I have been using the same credit card for the last 12 years and always used the option: 1 month subscription.
I am based in Austria (central Europe) and there is money on my bank account.
There has never been a problem.

Today I get the following email:

Bioware Mythic
End of Subscription Notification
Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account *** has ended for the following reason:

• The credit card on file was declined

If you did not authorize this, please contact support at (650) 628-1001. Phone support hours are 10:00 am - 10:00 pm eastern time, Monday through Friday. You can find further information on account security at Warhammer Help Center.
Thank you!
This is an automated email from the Account Management site for Bioware Mythic.

Now, when I go to the account management system and try to renew the subscription for the account in question I always get as far as the last page where you have to confirm everything. When I click the button I get a message saying: there has been an error and I get the option to return to the beginning.
If I chose a new credit card - not the existing one - and enter my details (which are the same as the old one of course) I get a message that would roughly translate to:
the card number is not unique for the named user

Any idea what can be done?

I cannot login and it is the only account I use.

Thank you...

Hephaistos of Europa

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need call CS about it. I beleave you need to contact the main Origin line. Had the same thing happen and found out my IP was blocked cause I logged in so many accounts and e mail, Seems the security has a fit if you log in too many times.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This denied credit card problem has gotten out of hand.

Cards people have used for years no longer work and it's widespread not just an isolated incident.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the whole thing with account management has gotten out of hand. My husband got the unique user thing for his accounts. We are still unable to purchase anything through the Origin store. If the things run this way for SW:ToR then they are going to run that game into the ground real quick. If they do not run this bad, then they need to fix it for UO also. I think they need to add an authenticator system for UO. I know this is possible as they do have it implemented for SW:ToR.

Njjj

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear about this. Have you made any progress? I had this happen to me as well. I got around it by changing from my debit card to a credit card. I still have no idea why that worked. In fact the original debit card is still working for another account.

Can you get a pre-paid card or something? I'm thinking maybe if you get the system on another card for a month, you will then be able to go back to the old card.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Email [email protected], I would assume calling would be a long distance call for you.
The most time i have written an email to them regarding Account things, i got the message:
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting BioWare Mythic Support.

Due to the sensitive nature of your request, you will need to contact our phone support team at 1-650-628-1001.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Pawan
BioWare Mythic, A Division of EA
i would say 80% of time you get this message.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Für mich sieht das so aus als ob Deine Kreditkarte nicht mehr anerkannt wird von EA...aus welchem Grund auch immer...eventuell ist sie auf eine Blacklist gekommen...hast du noch eine andere Kreditkarte mit der Du es probieren könntest?

Schönen Gruß aus Wien ;)

B

BIGJON

Für mich sieht das so aus als ob Deine Kreditkarte nicht mehr anerkannt wird von EA...aus welchem Grund auch immer...eventuell ist sie auf eine Blacklist gekommen...hast du noch eine andere Kreditkarte mit der Du es probieren könntest?

Schönen Gruß aus Wien ;)

Exactly...........!!!! I couldn't resist.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, just an update:

yes, calling customer support would be a very expensive long distance call and to tell you the truth, my previous experiences with the people on the other end have not been the best on one or two occasions in the past.
Don´t get me wrong, they always were very friendly and tried to help but usually I seemed to know more about possible solutions to my problems than they did.

After countless tries and fails to get my account subscribed again with the same credit card I decided to finally try what I actually wanted to try for ages anyway:

I tried to purchase a 6 month game time code through the origin store.

Now you have to know that a normal monthly subscription from over here costs me 13.99 Euros = 18.55 USD. So for 6 months I usually paid around 111 USD.
The 6 month gametime code costs only 45.99 Euros which is around 61 USD. Now that is a BIG difference.

I expected to have problems with my credit card but funny enough: I had no problems purchasing a GTC with my credit card - which was rejected by the subscription system. But the system did not accept my email adress (probably because it was already in their system - tied to a credit card that was rejected).
After entering a different email I had no problems purchasing the GTC and continued to play (for nearly half the price :p ).

Now everything seems ok but I was rather surprised to receive an email saying things like: thank you for creating your new EA master account, please use your email adress (the one I only used for the purchase of the gtc) to log in from now on.
There was also some message about the EA accounts being transformed to Origin accounts in the near future.

Now I was worried that I have now somehow messed up my original account - the one where I linked all my game accounts together. But it seems this one still accepts my old email adress and password.

Everything works atm but tbh I am very confused about all the "accounts" - "usernames" - "passwords" I had to create to get this right. Especially in the case where I ordered the GTC and have not agreed to create anything new really - at least to my knowledge.

Well, at least I can play now :).

@devil99: Gruß aus dem 7. Bezirk!

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hephaistos, if there is anything you need to store, the keep still has almost all storage available. I'll gladly co-own you and you may store anything there safely for as long as you need.

PM me if there's anything I can do in-game.

Njjj

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great news. I wouldn't worry about the two master accounts. I also created an extra one unwittingly when I did my migration. Since then I've been using the extra one for origin.com purchases, which I'm happy about anyway since that's one less place i have to use my game email. It has not caused me any problems.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just about to post asking if anyone was having problems with their billing.

I got the same message earlier and have been trying to get it to work since (I put it down to my CC as their website was down around the same time).
It's the same card I've used for UO for 10+ years, with just the expiratory date/cvc changing.

Rather amusingly, the billing page still shows the wrong amount in the final bill confirmation (when it asks you to confirm), as apparently they still haven't worked out that it shouldn't show additional tax on the final confirmation page, when it notes VAT has been included in the price on the previous page:p

Edit.
Just tried my other credit card to get the message "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one".
Which is odd as it's
A: Issued by the same company as my main card
B: A bog standard Mastercard that has been used at dozens of online stores.

I guess phone calls it is.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot for the offer Lady Nico but I seem to be ok now.
I am back ingame and my home seems to be just fine :)

Oh, and I never knew how cheap UO can be for european players when buying GTCs (hmm, maybe I should open up another old account?).

Only thing I really hope: I never had problems with account age, it was always spot on - and I know many did have trouble. I do hope this is not caused by changing the way you are paying for the game (switching from subscriptions to GTCs and back).
Well, I´ll see....

Thx everyone!

Hephaistos of Europa

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I recently received a new CC but didnt activate it yet - but i will have to soon so i also will have to change my CC payment soon - i keep you also updated what will happen.

@Heph: Grat idea to change from monthly to halfyear payment - i didnt know you save that much, i will change too - viele Grüße aus dem vereisten 23ten ;)

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The missus quit UO when one of her accounts got same message; after spending alot of money and hours with email/chat and phone support; nothing still happened. Top that up with a faulty upgrade code wich wasnt refunded on other account; she wont touch another EA game ever again.

The new account/support pipeline is a joke; and its even hard to discover the joke, since finding phone support for UO is so cleverly disguised the first 3 people you talk to dont know where to send you; heck I was directed to EA norway(!) first, then to the netherlands, before forum people sent me to correct US number... Just that one time I spent as much as half my sub fee without getting any help in the end... I suspect EA wants this game to wither away. /rant