• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEV's Can we Please fix this!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok..... that does it... I've had it with the "You can not place a multitiled object at the entrance".

Would someone on the DEV team like to explain to me just what the #&*@ entrance this is???

Just exactly where in the Sam Hill do you think someone is going to enter here???

Seriously this is beginning to irk me... How in the (*&(*&)(*& am I supposed to deco if I can't place anything in the )(*&)(*&*(& corner?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I understand your frustration. Guess you'll have to rearrange a few things, which is a shame because your initial setup looks really good.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A number of unconstructive troll posts have been removed from this thread.

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok..... that does it... I've had it with the "You can not place a multitiled object at the entrance".

Would someone on the DEV team like to explain to me just what the #&*@ entrance this is???

Just exactly where in the Sam Hill do you think someone is going to enter here???

Seriously this is beginning to irk me... How in the (*&(*&)(*& am I supposed to deco if I can't place anything in the )(*&)(*&*(& corner?

Its not a Troll........its fact......my house is better and his house it ****!.

:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. You can't see enough of the house to judge
2. House decoration is a matter of personal taste
3. prove it.
4. Post constructively.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea where your house is, so I am unable to judge your decorating talents. But I will admit that you are right in one thing. I am not Another Lamer.

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea where your house is, so I am unable to judge your decorating talents. But I will admit that you are right in one thing. I am not Another Lamer.
You wouldn't go to my house anyway because it is in Fel........you are correct....you are not Another Lamer...(that my crafter); you are indeed Petra Fyde and I am Envy.

:arr:

T

Ta_Mira

I looks like there is an archway there. Perhaps that is why.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You wouldn't go to my house anyway because it is in Fel........you are correct....you are not Another Lamer...(that my crafter); you are indeed Petra Fyde and I am Envy.

:arr:
Erm. Doesn't petra play siege?
Yes, I play Siege. I don't pvp though. It's not my preferred play style.

I can sell Envy a hitching rope to recharge his hitching post that's out of charges if he wants though. Can't look around his castle, it's set private, so unless he posts screen shots we can't judge his decorating skills.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First off it's the Back Eastern second floor corner of a Castle...

There is NO archway there.

What you see is my circle of transparency at work.... The spot in question is actually the second tile to the Right of the corner. I could place the water trough going East into the corner with no troubles at all ... but trying to place a Stone table South facing from the corner going east or right it kept telling me that I couldn't place a "multitiled" object at the entrance. Which to me is completely stupid since there is NO entrance there. There are no doors there no stairs there... only wall... no door downstairs no door up on the rooftop...

But placing the stone table 3 tiles out from the corner was allowed... and that spot DID block half the doorway.... go figure.

So what's the significance with the second tile east of the corner I have NO clue...

I'll say this as the owner of a keep as well you also can't place items along the Southern walls in the back two towers on the ground floor either... Same stupid message comes up even though clearly there is NO entrance there at all.

This has been the case for quite awhile now and its seriously getting old and cramping my style.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with you....

I am sick and tired of seeing that message when I want to place a stone table back where I had one to begin with!!!

Bear rugs, Stone tables, Any item that takes 2 tiles...... on any floor.

Ok I can see the need for it at the door but come on Dev.

No matter what house I am in I get the same lame excuse for it not being placed where I have had them before and still do on some homes.

As for Another Lamer... You sir/madam are skirting danger with your language. I suguest you curb your ire and rant. Petra has the same rights we all do and I for one think in this matter she is being over generous with her taking of your attitude and slams.
Petra if I was you I'd have giving said poster the temp boot from stratics by now. Opinion is one thing but to pick numerous times the strings of another is quite a different kettle of fish.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’m sure this isn't your error... but I saw the same bull error tonight.

Had a message board on a way and was setting up a line of vendors. The board was such so the vendor’s head was covered. I can't stand this issue alone... but I know how to fix it: Raise the message board. It refuses to raise. So, I use the old ladder trick... and get the error “You can't place a ladder near a door.” Then, I go to the next space down and get the “You can't place the ladder near the steps”. So, go figure... I crash. Then come back, pull the vendors off the house... place the ladder just find, place the board above and lower it down. NO PROBLEM! Yeah, bull error and it's a drag.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah I had to just give up and leave the kitchen unfinished until at some point or another I get something that works better than stone tables ... and IS NOT a multitiled object... or they fix the bug.

But I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime I'll just have to suffer with a kitchen with half my countertop missing.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to get my sign out and join this protest!

I love decorating my houses.
I'm nowhere near the level as some but I hate that multi tiled object thing as much as anyone.. count me in.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Ludes for the Support.

S

Smokin

Not sure what window you are talking about, but if its so you can see the stuff he is trying to do, its the circle of transparency.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not the dyed map you're looking at? over the display case? Not a window, but showing green like that I guess it could be mistaken for one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps its a combination of my special map and the wall torch???

I'm not sure what window you are talking about?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Glad we solved that mystery for you.

Now if only we could get a fix for the "not at the entrance" bug.. when clearly that is NOT an entrance by any stretch of my imagination.