• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tax on subscriptions the site shows isn't real. I just renewed one of my accounts. It showed the usual 3 month subscription fee plus 4.61 tax, but when the payment went through only the actual fee was taken, not the extra tax.

K

Kayne

The tax on subscriptions the site shows isn't real. I just renewed one of my accounts. It showed the usual 3 month subscription fee plus 4.61 tax, but when the payment went through only the actual fee was taken, not the extra tax.
Good to know Petra thanks for sharing that info. Been worried about reactivating the accounts that got suspended during the billing fiasco due to that tax.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the "come back to UO if you can remember your login details" thing still running?

I might think about coming back, as I believe some Muppets are already back, and would be good to see some old faces...

... of course, my new house won't have the Timid Creatures guildstone on my front lawn; and that make me sad.

One thing I would like to know... has PvP improved since I left? A brief perusal of the UCH board suggests not.

Oh, while I'm here.... *waves to the purpleness that is UO, Kayne & Enigma*

... and to follow-up on a post in the "what happened to" thread.... Who scared John and Wishy off?

K

Kayne

*waves at fluffi* good to see you still around.

As far as I know Wishy left UO back in 2007/8 ish and went off to WoW there was another SRC member I used to speak to but for the life of me I don't remember his UO name.

Have you stopped being contagious with the TB now fluff?

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all, fluffy i think the account system may be working ;)
I'm sure I saw in Uhall something about EA/Mythic finally putting up a guide on their site somewhere for walking people through the migration.

I hope you're feeling better now.

I've just turned my account back on, and the system had kept my card details, quite why it didn't just continue my sub when it moved to the new system i'm not sure.

K

Kayne

Yup.

But I am currently undergoing a course of chemotherapy for my leukaemia. :sad3:
Oh no, keep your chin up fluffers my dad has just been through chemo for cancer. Hopefully you can get back to full health soon. How far through the course are you?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kayne, Saunders, Petra....

Thanks folks.

24/7 intravenous drugs for 6 days wasn't a lot of fun (although I did get to read a lot) At least I'm back home now.

But; because I'm "that awkward ******* Fluffi", I did manage to cause a bit of a stir...

... there I am, sitting in bed with my IV chemo going in one arm, when a delightful staff-nurse comes round with a posse of med-students.
The conversation went something like:

Nurse: "It's time for an antibiotic jab. Do you mind if the students watch?"
Fluffi: "Sure, just go ahead."
Nurse: *fills syringe, while explaning to students what is going on...*
Nurse: "... this patient has been getting IV flucloxacillin for 3 weeks now, and is responding quite well. This is how we administer drugs to long-term patients..."
Nurse: *puts syringe into the butterfly, and injects the fluclox*
Fluffi: "aaaargh!!"
Fluffi: *goes into anaphylactic shock*
Fluffi: *stops breathing*
Nurse: *runs to get the adrenaline KabiPen, and sticks Fluffi with it*
Fluffi: *ambles back from the Pearly Gates*
Students: "That's not supposed to happen, is it?"
Nurse: *lots of words that can't be posted here*

As a result of thiis, I am now forced to wear a MedicAlert bracelet which says
"I've got leukaema - don't give me a normal blood-transfusion 'cos I'll die" and
"Don't give me flucloxacillin 'cos I'll die."
... which is immensely tiresome.

Mrs. Bunni got all gooey when she heard what happened: She's insisted that we're taking staff-nurse and Mr. staff-nurse out for a meal on Saturday; just as a reward for not letting me die.
(oddly enough, she doesn't feel that way about my Falklands buddies - I guess that "saving my life with an injection" is more socially acceptable than "saving my life by shooting an Argentinian in the head")
It's a funny old world!!!

Love you all,

Fluffi

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's always one, and you, Fluffi, are ours. Take care, enjoy the meal (the reason doesn't matter, you're gettin dinner out of it and you're there to enjoy it, which is always a bonus!) and get well soon. I'll be thinkin of you, and wishin you well; try not to get the heebie jeebies when you think about that :lick:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess one reason why she feels more positive about Mr and Mrs Nurse is that the Fluff that was saved is one she knows rather than a previous avatar of the same entity.

So glad you are home and able to annoy Mrs Bunni at greater convenience. And PLEASE start having a more boring life!

PS Kindles are good.

K

Kayne

Sounds like you've really been through the mill Fluffers. Wishing you a speedy recovery

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, surely a close call... :O

I sure hope that's the last of that. I wish you a speedy recovery Fluffi...

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely sending good thoughts your way Fluffi, hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically..........The Staff Nurse PKed you......Then ressed you

Good job she wasn't into resskilling.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fluffi, number two daughter has read your post and says 'hi, hope you get better soon'. Don't ask me, I'm just her mother, and she's 14!

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotta love healers. Sounds like your nurse could use some more points in chiv for close wounds and such. And a good EP ring to max out those pots.

All the strongest healing joojoos to you, Fluffi.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess one reason why she feels more positive about Mr and Mrs Nurse is that the Fluff that was saved is one she knows rather than a previous avatar of the same entity.
Because I'm currently bored, and somewhat piqued by your choice of words, I just tried to edit the one photo I have which pertains to "previous" in this subject for use as a Stratics avatar.
Unfortunately; scanning a 29-year-old black-and-white photo, cropping it, and trying to minimise it to 100x100 pixels, just resulted in a horrible mess.
Pity, really; as it would have proven that real men DO wear berets. :D

So glad you are home and able to annoy Mrs Bunni at greater convenience. And PLEASE start having a more boring life!
The annoying is already going-well:
After some extensive research, I can confirm that a couple of bottles of Burgundy have an interesting effect when taken on a stomach-full of pills, and after an extensive period of enforced immobility.

PS Kindles are good.
I have a cheapo, knock-off e-book reader. It took quite a hammering.
If anyone here ever gets a bit depressed, could I suggest that they read anything by David Icke. You will laugh until you wet yourself.
(Not many people know that both Hilary Clinton and Queen Elizabeth are actually shape-shifting lizard people from another dimension!)

So basically..........The Staff Nurse PKed you......Then ressed you

Good job she wasn't into resskilling.
That really made me laugh outloud.

Nico, Kayne, LeBaiton, Nilrem, Cailleach, and especially Cails' daughter... Thanks folks,

K

Kayne

Your sense of humour is obviously intact then Fluffi.

It sounds like the research was somewhat messy? lol

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oi, Petra / Cail....

There are over a 1000 responses to the Babble Thread..

How about a new one?

(If you say "no", I'll come and breathe cancer at you) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.