• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why can't I login to my UO account on the new site?

D

DarkVoid

It would appear there are still issues to be sorted out with this new system, I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and I can't figure out how to get the site to either send me a password or login with my current game account name/password. or email address.

If I have an EA account, I do not remember what it is or what email account it's linked to.

Trying to recover password information doesn't work at all. The last time I received an email from the old billing system this didn't show for at least an hour. That is not what I would call instant email notification.

Can someone at Mythic please contact me on this nickname ASAP?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
End of Subscription Notification
Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has ended for the following reason:

No billing information on file

and I cannot log into the account edit page to see my information, so what to do now?

I have this account for 10 yrs and now it says I have no billing information so it has ended!!

WHAT KIND OF BULLCRAP IS THIS? I probably have even paid also for the coming 6 months! It tells me it have ENDED???? 59.99 into the rubbish bin then?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
calm down your account is fine... the e mail was sent in error

We got a new billing system and its not quite ready, I really urge you to read up on the account management before you even try to enter the page to do anything!

There are issues that are stil in the dark and we have found many things the system cant handle as of yet, i suguest you also read the warnings. So far you can only link 9 accounts, so if you happen to have more then that take care which ones you link up lest you get lcked out of an account you need to acess for turn on...

N

Noti(Caci)

Go up on the post by Sticky about account migration issues.
Read all about it.You need now to make a master account and to link your ac**** inside it and reactivate it.So read the hall postings at account migration issues by Sticky.
Make new masteraccount at www.ultima-registration.com with new email.
Then on right side click on link accounts and type your account_UO(accountname_UO).
Then shoose it and make new billing.All that with pictures is posted up in this forum.Read it.

C

Capn Kranky

Then explain this ... go here - Account Management. See in the upper left where it asks for an EA Master Account and password. I have one, have had it for several years now. Is not accepted in any way, shape or form. Why not?

Oh yeah, new account management system. Fooey. I called them instead to clear billing data. Free at last, free at last ... thank God Almighty, free at last!

D

DarkVoid

Go up on the post by Sticky about account migration issues.
Read all about it.You need now to make a master account and to link your ac**** inside it and reactivate it.So read the hall postings at account migration issues by Sticky.
Make new masteraccount at www.ultima-registration.com with new email.
Then on right side click on link accounts and type your account_UO(accountname_UO).
Then shoose it and make new billing.All that with pictures is posted up in this forum.Read it.
I tried that, wouldn't create one, wouldn't tell me why it failed. Wouldn't even let me login with it.

Next suggestion, please!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had some problems making a master account and linking it to my accounts too.
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/248715-{guide}-how-get-your-accounts-management-page.html did help a bit, but my ADD demanded that I read it 4 times before the information would sink into my thick skull.

I also had problems with old accounts and emails. I panicked for a moment or two when I put in my primary email address and it linked 4 (very) old accounts I haven't used since AOS was new to the ID I had just created. So make sure when you're creating your EA Master ID that you're using the email address listed on the accounts. I don't know about you, but I have 4 email addresses (for various reasons), and I tend to forget sometimes what it attached to each one.

Also, there's still issues with the change over. So your problem might be related.
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-siege-perilous/249007-info-my-chat-ea-morning.html

Hope my rambling can be of at least a little help.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then explain this ... go here - Account Management. See in the upper left where it asks for an EA Master Account and password. I have one, have had it for several years now. Is not accepted in any way, shape or form. Why not?

Oh yeah, new account management system. Fooey. I called them instead to clear billing data. Free at last, free at last ... thank God Almighty, free at last!
When life settles down for you, I hope you'll be back.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Capn, did ya try entering that account in the spaces on the bottom right? Just tryin' to help, don't know the first thing about the 'Master Account' stuff, I just started mine from scratch by entering the email for my accounts in the spaces on the top left.

C

Capn Kranky

The top left asks for email/password. Entered that using what I have associated for years. No dice - FAIL.

Lower right as you suggested didn't occur to me. Tried it with both the email/password AND the specific EA account name/password. No dice - FAIL.

<shrug> Am debating on having a "yard sale" on LA since my account cycle is done in 3 weeks.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe the trouble is that you're entering a password? think you need to enter just the email, click the forgot password thingie, then after you get a password from them in your email go back and enter that one

it was all so confusing when I did it, I might be mis-remembering

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lower right needs your uo account and password, not EA and with _uo tagged on the end of the account name.

C

Capn Kranky

Entered xxxxxxx_uo and the password for it. No dice. Message returned was:
Error

There was an error processing your request
Return to the homepage.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Entered xxxxxxx_uo and the password for it. No dice. Message returned was:
Error

There was an error processing your request
Return to the homepage.
Same thing here buddy im in the same boat wont work at all and gives me the error......im not trying anymore until i get back home since im working out of town right now. I can still log onto uo just fine BUT, damn this process! :pint:

W

Woodsman

End of Subscription Notification
Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has ended for the following reason:

No billing information on file
I got this email for all of my accounts and can still log into the game with them, which I thought was odd, but obviously the emails were an error.

The whole thing, EA needs talk a little more about it. Not the Mythic community people that post on UOHerald DarkAgeofCamelot.com and WarhammerOnline.com because the problems are EA problems, not UO or Camelot or Warhammer problems.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have read many posts in many threads about one issue I see coming up. People not remembering their email to a site and their uo accounts.

I would suggest in the future to write down your account names, passwords, and emails assocaited with each account/site you sign up on. Write it down on a piece of paper and keep it close and safe near your computer.

Why paper and not keep it on a file on your computer? Well if your computer decides it's it time to leave this planet and crash and burn you lose that file. You can keep a file with all your info but it's better to have the hard copy in writing in a safe place.

Just keep your info on your paper updated if you do any changes to a site or account.

This would save a ton of headaches in the future for anything that would change for any site you use.

Guild Wars 2 Gamescom 2011 Trailer [HD] - YouTube

F

Fayled Dhreams

I got this email for all of my accounts and can still log into the game with them, which I thought was odd, but obviously the emails were an error.

The whole thing, EA needs talk a little more about it. Not the Mythic community people that post on UOHerald DarkAgeofCamelot.com and WarhammerOnline.com because the problems are EA problems, not UO or Camelot or Warhammer problems.
heh! in general agreement ... details are needed
BUT ...
We all one bighappy Family now ... different chairs and names and ages ...
ALL up under one roof ... The EABiowareMythic roof ..

Ya feeling me?
The *ahem* Ugly redheaded stepchild half-brother we are ...
We out da closet now ... up at the BIG table ...
mind your manners about who might know what
Cal should be in here settling us all out ...
but he's out on a mission in some foreign land ... so

Next chair please, yes sir, someone what know something we ain't figured out already ... I'd >Like< a community rep or better ...

but I'm about to pull up archived information and launch a pigeon to Chrissay(<< see? not sure >I< spelt it right) ... so ...

I'll settle for a janitor or a scullery maid at this point ...

You! with the trash can? You know these folk and where they went?
AH! pentra! nygyia nimesay tong-tic ...

nevermind ... spring cleaning prep guy ...
he's on hold too ... and hungry, they said they'd be back soon ...:thumbup:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have read many posts in many threads about one issue I see coming up. People not remembering their email to a site and their uo accounts.

I would suggest in the future to write down your account names, passwords, and emails assocaited with each account/site you sign up on. Write it down on a piece of paper and keep it close and safe near your computer.

Why paper and not keep it on a file on your computer? Well if your computer decides it's it time to leave this planet and crash and burn you lose that file. You can keep a file with all your info but it's better to have the hard copy in writing in a safe place.

Just keep your info on your paper updated if you do any changes to a site or account.

This would save a ton of headaches in the future for anything that would change for any site you use.

Guild Wars 2 Gamescom 2011 Trailer [HD] - YouTube

OR,

Organize your digital life better.

For example, why people haven't kept their email addresses up-to-date on current, active accounts baffles me. I can understand on long inactive accounts but even still, on an old account, you could still log into account management and keep it current without paying for it.

Another thing, set-up more than one email account. It's long ago been recommended to maintain an email account solely for your UO account(s) for security purposes. I have two main email accounts for rl stuff. One for friends and family and another less used one for banking & financial ties. I have one email address purely for junk, one for my UO accounts and one more for internet/game/tech forums etc. I use a system that works for me for passwords and change them often enough.

I also keep all my accounts and password information in an encrypted file on a USB key in a fire-proof safe.

Just some ideas to try and help out in the future.

W

Woodsman

heh! in general agreement ... details are needed
BUT ...
We all one bighappy Family now ... different chairs and names and ages ...
ALL up under one roof ... The EABiowareMythic roof ..

Ya feeling me?
The *ahem* Ugly redheaded stepchild half-brother we are ...
We out da closet now ... up at the BIG table ...
The Warhammer players are pretty convinced they are they unwanted stepchild now that Star Wars is on the scene and there have been plenty of posts like that in recent months. Of course, the Camelot players probably feel the same.

But you are right, we are definitely all one big happy family under the EA BioWare Mythic roof. BioWare is making its mark with on our games with some stuff they are doing, and EA is making their mark on us with their accounting upgrade.

I would have been worried if they had only upgraded the Camelot and/or Warhammer games to the new system and not UO.

F

Fayled Dhreams

The Warhammer players are pretty convinced they are they unwanted stepchild now that Star Wars is on the scene and there have been plenty of posts like that in recent months. Of course, the Camelot players probably feel the same.

But you are right, we are definitely all one big happy family under the EA BioWare Mythic roof. BioWare is making its mark with on our games with some stuff they are doing, and EA is making their mark on us with their accounting upgrade.

I would have been worried if they had only upgraded the Camelot and/or Warhammer games to the new system and not UO.
Might i have some starwars crumbs Please Sir?

begging is a valid skill set ...
and now, out of the basement, I've remembered my hunger

and my survival thieving ways ... my uncles promise
to one day
one day
carry the Town sigil home

and the familar weight and feel of the cut purse dagger

given me (taken by/received) my master Ricardo

and now my hunger remembered
soon to be relieved one way or a'tother
a quick rest there, some shoes from there
provisions are abundant
I'll soon be on my way

Might i have some starwars crumbs Please Sir?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
A few months ago I would not have worried, but my luck lately...
I think I contracted a curse or something. Damn gypsies.
Don't worry. I am not sending anyone out on a quest.
Sorry, no adventure can save me this time. I must face this myself.
I think this might be my last adventure. I never thought it would end.
Don't worry. I haven't completely lost hope. I have an angle.
Of course I won't tell you.
Depending on the defender they assign me, maybe even a real chance.
Yeah, my old defender Jamos did not work out so well.
Well, not the defense I would have chosen, but he did his best. I guess.
Now that old dog has himself locked up as well.
Yes, and with quite a bit more privacy, sprinkled with less humiliation.
No need to rub it in.
Over such a small thing! Honestly if that is all it took...
They would have fought over anything. The Zenith was just a scapegoat.
not too bad as far as courtooms go, I can't complain.
You know you've messed up big time when you end up here.
Messed up because I got caught, or messed up because I did wrong?
I'll leave that decision up to you.
We had a nice chat. Smart Guy. I hope a castle falls on him.
I jest of course. *smiles*
Can you put in a good word for me?
Anything will help.
Nice town, but I've spent too much time here already.

perhaps if he had offered up something of substance.....

*a moment of silence*

I do miss Ricardo...:stretcher:

C

Capn Kranky

Same thing here buddy im in the same boat wont work at all and gives me the error......im not trying anymore until i get back home since im working out of town right now. I can still log onto uo just fine BUT, damn this process! :pint:
See people? I am not the only one with this particular issue ... and it has not been adequately answered! Petra, Devils Own ... I appreciate the efforts and the ideas. EA screwed the pooch with this worse than anything since T2A.

But I called CS, insured that billing info is removed and told them exactly WHY I did it thru them and not the AM pages. I also told them I wished no more emails from EA on anything UO related. I am done.

I'm clearing out the house tonight and tomorrow. This weekend I plan on a yard sale on LA - times to be announced on LA forum here. Once the stuff is gone, I drop the house, hit the bank, go to the inn and log.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry it's come to that.
To be honest, I'm playing a waiting game. I can play the game, so that's what I'm doing, I'll worry about the accounts when they tell me the migration is all done.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Captain Kranky...couldn't have picked a better name.

I kid, of course, and I get that you're angry.

ALOT of people are still having issues, alot of questions still have gone unanswered.

I know it's hard, I know it's frusterating....I've been wishing for Blackrock in real life for over a week now...send a nice little care package to whoever thought up this insane crazy plot! :mf_prop:

Cal did state that noone's account should lapse and noone's houses should fall. Packing up your most prized possesions is a worthy endevour but don't give up.

C

Capn Kranky

It's more the fact I can't get to the dadgum data to verify migration went okay that is the real issue. I should be able to login using the EA-assigned master account or the associated email.

I cannot thus migration fail.

No one from EA is here trying to help us - it is folks like you, Petra and others who are doing it - customer relations fail.

IMO there have been too many failure points in EAs handling of this game to make it a viable source of enjoyment. Every change or new thing that is introduced breaks at least 2 other things. Alpha (programmer) and beta (QA?) fail.

None of this is new, Larisa ... I know you've been around long enough to see all the foulups. <shrug>

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Captain Cal did state that noone's account should lapse and noone's houses should fall. Packing up your most prized possesions is a worthy endevour but don't give up.
Larisa, I firmly believe that anyone whose account was inactive before August 5th and who does not manage to muddle their way through linking that account to an EA account and confirming credit/debit card information for that account (since you currently can't put in prepaid game time codes) will very likely end up at some point (more or less 90 days after their account shut down for lack of any more paid time) with no house. And if their house is collapsing right now and they don't get on the ball and at least make an effort to make their way through the system, they will lose their house.

I really think that the Return to Britannia login process was quietly turned on last week to help out a handful of subscribers and there was no intent originally to advertise to the UO community that it was on. However, word leaked out and I think a savvy PR or community person saw an opportunity for bonus points with UO subscribers and "announced" that the program was in effect for a very short time.

If you have a UO account that still has some paid time on it and the account still had valid credit/debit card info on it before August 5th, but you still haven't ventured into the account management system to link that UO account to an EA Account, I think EA may ding your credit card or bank account one or two more times if you're lucky based on that information stored on their old system. But at some point, they'll stop doing that and you will have to get your UO accounts linked to EA Account and confirm the credit/debit card info. If you don't, well then, your account that you don't want to bother with will shut down and the house(s) on it will probably poof somewhere down the line.

Please, please, folks, don't believe that your stuff is completely safe and you don't have to worry right now and do nothing. For all we know, later today we could get another 12-hour advance notification that the little "grace period" is over. Worse yet, they might just wait until 5 pm EDT on Friday afternoon to make such an announcement.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I for one am putting little stock in vaguely worded announcements that accounts won't lapse and houses won't fall when the person making the announcement fails to clarify which accounts that promise applies to. Logic would indicate that if you turned off your account in late July, EA can't afford to treat you as a still paying subscriber and no one should really expect them to.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TIna I understand your frusterations, beleive me I do.

I also agree that I wouldn't 100% trust anything right now...BUT also remember that even IF they somehow go inactive or..whatever it is they do...once the system recognizes that payment is no longer being made, you still have 90 days before your houses fall.

Now...if they can't fix this mess in THREE MONTHS..something's wrong.

I JUST came back, put everything I own in my new house, the month I paid for will be over on Sept. 1st. If by then this thing still isn't fixed, I still have THREE MONTHS to worry about my house and all of it's contents.

Just take a look at the few ppl who have posted saying they have 50...100 accounts. ALL of this information has to be sent to the new system..acct names, passwords, e-mail addresses, billing info...for thousands of accounts.

Getting all of that information transferred over correctly and securely takes time...obviously more time then they originally thought, as nothing ever runs smoothly even WITH testing.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it has gone past frustration for some. Just read 5 icq's I recieved of people quitting because of this. I know they have mutiple accounts.

Oh I know what some will say. They will be back. If you would read their icq's and language I highly doubt they will.

Then yet again could be the anger talking and empty threats. Makes you wonder if the F2P debates over UO were not all so crazy the past year :p

I dont blame the devs for this specifically, but the lack of communication from them to ensure the players yet again a major epic fail. EA caused this situation but part of the devs job is to help communicate some reassurances here on this major fiasco.

Pretty sad the Mesanna can go in the game and play while many others cant that actually "pay" to play. Just as sad no word from Cal of any recent updates with this situation.

Lastly, WTF is the community rep from Bioware? Not a word from her/him or do they even truly exist?

Guild Wars 2: Official Lion's Arch Trailer - YouTube

C

Capn Kranky

^ this.

AoC went f2p the other day - or at least has announced it. I got the email. <shrug>

F

Fayled Dhreams

TIna I understand your frusterations, beleive me I do.

I also agree that I wouldn't 100% trust anything right now...BUT also remember that even IF they somehow go inactive or..whatever it is they do...once the system recognizes that payment is no longer being made, you still have 90 days before your houses fall.

Now...if they can't fix this mess in THREE MONTHS..something's wrong.

I JUST came back, put everything I own in my new house, the month I paid for will be over on Sept. 1st. If by then this thing still isn't fixed, I still have THREE MONTHS to worry about my house and all of it's contents.

Just take a look at the few ppl who have posted saying they have 50...100 accounts. ALL of this information has to be sent to the new system..acct names, passwords, e-mail addresses, billing info...for thousands of accounts.

Getting all of that information transferred over correctly and securely takes time...obviously more time then they originally thought, as nothing ever runs smoothly even WITH testing.
Larisa, ya know I love your style and hold you in high respect, but,

there is something seriously wrong here NOW.

GAME testing is accepted as not always catching all bugs, no matter how thoroughly tested.

this situation is different in that it is ACCOUNTING software in a "hot swap" ... migration.

In the gamescape ... you may be able to recover stability with a reset/revert

In accounting ...you NEVER want to appear to be unaware of what may happen if you "try this bright idea".

In the gamescape, if you Want to "try this bright idea", fine you can always pull it out, revert, modify ...

In accounting ... You should Never touch a system that is working to "try this bright idea" Unless Until AFTER

Having an answer and two back up processes for each remotely possible contingency ...

They are tripping up on dum duh OBVIOUS possible problems >on the accounting side< WHILE the Game servers are up and running as well as ever.
Vet rewards off again? :scholar: no problem used to that
Account Age not correct? :scholar: no problem used to that
Can't clone to TS? :scholar: no problem used to that (new system still buggy)
IDOCs not advancing right? :scholar: no problem used to that
MYUO is out of date - unavailable?:scholar: no problem used to that
Can't reach a GM in a timely manner? :scholar: no problem used to that
Missing slots on char selection? :scholar: no problem used to that
Transfers from X to Y down? :scholar: no problem used to that

Can't reach My Account ...:talktothehand: whatchu talking about wilber? You talking about where I give you My MONEY? Wilber?
MY MONEY is not part of the gamescape Wilber ...
YOUR management of My Money is NOT a role play game Wilber ...
certainly Not one >I agreed to PLAY< with you Wilber ...
This money is NOT "virtual" the virtual money is ingame Wilber
This is the real world we're talking about Wilber, a real world where I can find your real name and let you deal with the real me and my real lawyers and the real law in the real offices of your real Game Company, with real consequences ... Wilber

*wink*
GAME is different than ACCOUNTING

Don't worry Wilber ... >I< already "fixed" my account ... fixed it so that you May Not Ever get another penny to touch of My Money.
(even if you "revert" to a prior date)

I shall play the remaining time on my account in a manner to be chosen at my leisure, unconcerned about Your Fate and performance in the future.
I have MOST effectively put you on Ignore Wilber, no further contact will be possible from your side. I would not respond anyways, relax.

At the First sign of error ... they should have stopped and restored to the beginning state. Minimum. Period.
no excuses.
Real world.

*waves* See y'all in the game until I can't, My RP buddies will bring in a replacement player if they can, but thats just for them, and an established habit ... we were always looking for new talent, quality talant ... oh you know the type ... Role players with some time to kill and a story to act out in the telling ... pickings been sparse for awhile of late ...
*shrugs*
Y'all can blame wilber, now, for any further decline ...
if ya want to play it ... that way ... that is.

I am
Your: Fayled Dhreams.
:scholar: you should know this part by heart by now. :danceb:

W

Woodsman

No one from EA is here trying to help us
That's the most annoying thing. Given how quickly this whole thing was announced on the UO, Camelot, and Warhammer websites, I wonder how much preparation those teams were able to undergo and how much thought EA put into this. I'm sure a lot of planning went in to it initially - you don't just merge three game account databases, including one that is 14 years old, but it's like they never stopped to think about telling the players how to respond.

Given how much interaction the EA accounting/billing people have with the general public, you would think they better at communicating.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't worry Wilber ... >I< already "fixed" my account ... fixed it so that you May Not Ever get another penny to touch of My Money.

I shall play the remaining time on my account in a manner to be chosen at my leisure, unconcerned about Your Fate and performance in the future.
I have MOST effectively put you on Ignore Wilber, no further contact will be possible from your side. I would not respond anyways, relax.
Damn it....

:(

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OR,

Organize your digital life better.

For example, why people haven't kept their email addresses up-to-date on current, active accounts baffles me. I can understand on long inactive accounts but even still, on an old account, you could still log into account management and keep it current without paying for it.

Another thing, set-up more than one email account. It's long ago been recommended to maintain an email account solely for your UO account(s) for security purposes. I have two main email accounts for rl stuff. One for friends and family and another less used one for banking & financial ties. I have one email address purely for junk, one for my UO accounts and one more for internet/game/tech forums etc. I use a system that works for me for passwords and change them often enough.

I also keep all my accounts and password information in an encrypted file on a USB key in a fire-proof safe.

Just some ideas to try and help out in the future.
Unfortunately an organised approach didn't help me much, what with the fairly poorly documented changes in the account names...

I only managed to link my UO account thanks to people on here, and my warhammer account thanks to help on another forum.

I've got every UN/password etc logged safely in text files on a couple of USB sticks* (and a printout), that didn't save much hassle when the account name itself has changed via something that does not appear to be officially documented (adding a _UO to UO account names, and _EUR to Warhammer EU account names).

All it would have taken would have been a note on the login page explaining how to use my exiting login, or link an existing login.

On a side note, at least under FF6, the "error" for linking accounts to the master account doesn't display any information unless you manually mouse over it - so you just get a little red exclamation mark (unlike on the front page of the account page where it at least tells you the error automatically).
A nice bit of coding there :)

I'm not quite sure why they didn't just send out basic email explaining what was going on, and how to link your existing accounts at the start of all this, and including a mention that "by the way, you need to add _UO to your UO login, or _EUR to your warhammer one to use it".

*Not to mention an email archive that contains pretty much every non spam/marketting email I've received in 7+ years (so I was able to reference my original sign in/welcome emails for Warhammer online which confirmed I was indeed using the right name/email address).

C

Capn Kranky

Fayled, this may be the most legible and understandable post you EVER wrote! Thank you for that and I agree 100% on all of your message.

Am heading ingame now to setup the vendors for my yard sale ... watch LA forum if ye be interested.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa, ya know I love your style and hold you in high respect, but,

there is something seriously wrong here NOW.

Can't reach My Account ...:talktothehand: whatchu talking about wilber? You talking about where I give you My MONEY? Wilber?
MY MONEY is not part of the gamescape Wilber ...
YOUR management of My Money is NOT a role play game Wilber ...
certainly Not one >I agreed to PLAY< with you Wilber ...
This money is NOT "virtual" the virtual money is ingame Wilber
This is the real world we're talking about Wilber, a real world where I can find your real name and let you deal with the real me and my real lawyers and the real law in the real offices of your real Game Company, with real consequences ... Wilber

*wink*
GAME is different than ACCOUNTING

At the First sign of error ... they should have stopped and restored to the beginning state. Minimum. Period.
no excuses.
Real world.

*waves* See y'all in the game until I can't, My RP buddies will bring in a replacement player if they can, but thats just for them, and an established habit ... we were always looking for new talent, quality talant ... oh you know the type ... Role players with some time to kill and a story to act out in the telling ... pickings been sparse for awhile of late ...
*shrugs*
Y'all can blame wilber, now, for any further decline ...
if ya want to play it ... that way ... that is.

I am
Your: Fayled Dhreams.
:scholar: you should know this part by heart by now. :danceb:
Burma Shave Fayled...Burma Shave....I agree..and understand and agree that a revert at the first sign of trouble should have been done..BUT that might not have been possible. Once information was migrated to the new system they might not have been able to put it back into the OLD one...

I am one of the lucky ones...so far! in that I was able to migrate/merge AND log in to the account I currently play.

Having deleted all payment information prior to the merge I have NO payment information for them to transfer, and none currently to update WITH (Waiting on new credit card to arrive in the mail)

I have TRIED...making a new account, new email, trial accounts...with NO problems at ALL! I have TRIED to duplicate the jumbled mess that we all have had to deal with and have had no success...which is frusterating me! When I WANT problems I don't get them...*grumbles*

W

Woodsman

no excuses.
Real world.
While I agree 100% with that, the first and biggest problem is that they tried to migrate three different games to the new system all at the same time. UO is pushing 14 years old, Camelot 10 years old, and I doubt that it was easy since it sounds like UO's accounting system hadn't been touched since the beginning.

I can't believe that nobody said that maybe they should just do one game at a time. Somebody was in a rush to get all three games migrated on one day. That smells of a decision made by somebody in accounting.

I would have liked to have seen the looks on the faces of all three producers when they found out their games were going to be migrated to the new system, all at the same time.

C

Capn Kranky

... agree that a revert at the first sign of trouble should have been done..BUT that might not have been possible. Once information was migrated to the new system they might not have been able to put it back into the OLD one... ...
I have been doing upgrades/migrations/conversions of literally millions of records at a time over the past 25 years at my current work site. In a properly planned evolution there is always a fail-safe or fallback plan! Always.

As has been stated, doing 3 at once was sheer silliness on someones part. I personally think it was a situation of "don't do it right, just do it" from on high - most likely a project manager who underestimated the scale and held to drop-dead dates versus scope change.

Are the UO siblings having issues like this? Does anyone know?

W

Woodsman

Are the UO siblings having issues like this? Does anyone know?
Yes they are, and the Camelot people maybe having more serious in-game issues. Their link death problems that a bunch are running into maybe tied to the account migration according to somebody in tech support. I didn't realize link death was still an issue or that it could be tied the account migration, but it maybe happening. The last time I had LD issues when I played Camelot was several years ago and tied to my ISP.

There have also been several locked threads in the official Warhammer forums about the account migration issue as well. This is one example that's not locked, probably because they weren't cussing EA/BioWare/Mythic out.

I still can't believe they thought it was a good idea to do all three games at once.

W

Woodsman

what is a 'link death'? Could it be in any way connected to the 10 minute disconnects some people are getting in UO?
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/248847-losing-connection-every-10-mins.html
Link Death is exactly what it sounds like - a lot of us used to have the problem with certain ISPs and Camelot- you would lose connection to the game and given that many of us were dying because of it, I guess somebody started calling it "link death" or LD if you see it mentioned in game.

That thread about UO players losing connection is very interesting Petra, because that kind of sounds similar to the Camelot players.