• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] BUGGED Lava Lobster Traps

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hint: Lava lobster traps are not bugged, it's just that most lava pools don't have any life in them. There are more hints to the location in one of the fishing books.

Hint 2: Currently, the void lobster is the only lobster that can be caught with the lava lobster trap. The longer that a trap is in the lava, the greater chance to get a void lobster. Since there is only one creature the lava trap can catch in lava, if the bouy bobs... you caught one.

Hint 3: since the Void Lobster is a "Legendary" status, it's practically impossible to catch them if you are not lgm in fishing. Basically, they are intented to be the rarest lobster in the game (for now anyway) because you must have a trap that is only available randomly through the fishing quest, be in the right place, be lgm fishing, and get really lucky. The reward is an extremely rare lobster that can be made into a trophy.

General Hint: The way traps work is that they are on a pulse. Each pulse there is a chance to catch something. Each pulse, the chance to catch something Enchanted or Legendary goes up. Also, each pulse the chance to lose the trap goes up. After about 10 minutes, the chance to lose the trap is about 50/50. A trap can hold up to 5 lobsters or crabs (once it bobs 5 times, it's full).

BTW, we made the change you all requested and now lobsters and crabs from the fishing quest have the same reward weight as deep sea fish.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is called
"Order of the Dragonfish Handbook, Part 6"
"Legendary Sea Creatures"

Basically, if you have that book it says plainly where it is... as in, I wouldn't call it a hint, it just tells you. I just looked it up again to be sure.

I have to say that I am surprised that so few are out there at this point. Within it's bracket it is the same chance as getting a book in a lower bracket. However, it is in the top reward bracket.

The change in crustacean weight might bump the probability of getting into the top bracket enough that the stats start modelling more like I would have thought they would. It should also decrease the number of orders in the bottom reward bracket which will effectively reduce the influx of the lowest bracket books. I guess only time will tell how much it is reduced.