• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mana Burst and the New Armor Sets

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Does anyone have any information on the new armor sets? I Managed to put together a whole evil human set, and the resists are terrible, mid to low 20s with all 6 pieces on (total). They have 360 available imbuing space left, and can probably be enhanced with ore as well though I havent tried yet to confirm.

Any other information, like what exactly the good and evil mana burst thing does and how it is used would be appreciated.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any information on the new armor sets? I Managed to put together a whole evil human set, and the resists are terrible, mid to low 20s with all 6 pieces on (total). They have 360 available imbuing space left, and can probably be enhanced with ore as well though I havent tried yet to confirm.

Any other information, like what exactly the good and evil mana burst thing does and how it is used would be appreciated.
You're actually the only one I know of with a whole set (though I'm sure there are some I don't know about).

So really we should be asking you!

;)

-Galen's player

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to wear it but nothing happen... probably we miss something... maybe this mods have an use on the next phase of the event?

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll give you a small hint to get you on the right track:
The effect is triggered by being hit.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Here is what Ive gotten so far, it appears that the trigger is only activated thru melee attacks, and there may be a cooldown of 30s between each burst.

My brother was wearing the suit with a frequency of 5 and a bust level of 4 and was getting 30 mana per burst.

Still testing

Mongbat137

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Novelty garbage. How disappointing. At least I know not to bother.

Hey Logrus, come tell me how I should take off my 25 mil imbued suit for this junk.

Mongbat137

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What happens if you put on only one piece? You could maybe imbue the crap out of just a helmet and work it into a decent suit. I honestly have no clue who they think will wear the whole thing.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its worth testing, im taking a break fora little while, but if no one has tried it when i get back ill try it out and let ya know what thats like.

D

DarkScripture

How do you get this armor? What drops it? Are the things dropping it still spawning?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, a gimmick to sell forge tools. Now I know how Ralphie felt after he got his Little Orphan Annie Secret Society decoder pin:

Be sure to enhance after you imbue with our new forge tool so you can compensate for these low resists and the mage armor propety tanking slots and intensity. Forge tool? A crummy commercial? Son of a pancake!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, are the drop rates for any and all pieces of the 4 suits just the same or is there any piece that is rarer to get as a drop ??

S

Sevin0oo0

So it gives back hunks of Mana? what if you're not mana dependent? Regardless of how often it fires, does it really matter if there's no resist? Maybe they could just give out a few sets by lotto - then rest of us could go oooh, yeah,wow, wish I had none.

There's probably some value here, we just haven't discovered it, and how few people will have a set?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, a gimmick to sell forge tools. Now I know how Ralphie felt after he got his Little Orphan Annie Secret Society decoder pin:

Be sure to enhance after you imbue with our new forge tool so you can compensate for these low resists and the mage armor propety tanking slots and intensity. Forge tool? A crummy commercial? Son of a pancake!
Winner!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Winner!
I retract my statement and humbly apologize. It appears they can not be enhanced.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me understand this.....

1) They only have resists in the 20's when you wear the whole suit?

2) Cant be imbued?

3) Really no purpose besides the burst of mana?

4) This suit is really more suitable for killing greater mongbats?

5) Is Mark still under the influence of that one beer from the previous video?

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wow i hadnt tried until now, you're right they cannot be enhanced. I can't see a use for them then aside from, using them as stated before. One piece for a slim chance at a mana burst in a mediocre suit.

Trying to use the full set would require you to imbue almost all the property slots with resist to get it near useable.

What happens if you put on only one piece? You could maybe imbue the crap out of just a helmet and work it into a decent suit. I honestly have no clue who they think will wear the whole thing.
One piece works, the frequency is much less but it can be used that way.

How do you get this armor? What drops it? Are the things dropping it still spawning?
By killing blackrock golems at magincia, they appear to drop 1 piece per golem. And they are still spawning.

By the way, are the drop rates for any and all pieces of the 4 suits just the same or is there any piece that is rarer to get as a drop ??
From my farming time, the gargoyle earrings seemed to be the hardest to get, but I cant say that this is deffinitive by any means.

* And I have yet to see a proc from magic, but still testing that.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know they are pretty much useless before I waste any more time getting them.

Appreciate the heads up.

Why the F would they even consider putting something like this out there. Give us USEFULL things...not trash. :rant2:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow i hadnt tried until now, you're right they cannot be enhanced. I can't see a use for them then aside from, using them as stated before. One piece for a slim chance at a mana burst in a mediocre suit.
I could still see building a special suit for mobs that don't cast and do a single type of damage. So you had spike only one or two resists. But I really don't have too much of an issue sustaining mana and the mage armor property is utterly useless on my melee (it sucks up soo many points). My build now uses damn near every single point for something else.

As for a mage, this is definitely not enough of an incentive to lure me away from leather. Sometimes I wish they would just do away with the mage armor property. There has been so much despair over it every since AoS. And Blamo here it pops up on this new armor... I just don't get it.

F

Fayled Dhreams

The last piece is always the rarest ... :lol:

R

Rodan/Linu

People will want to collect the suit just to say that they have it. Im sure collectors would be willing to buy it.

UO-OU

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Testing a full (6 Pieces) Virtuous Garg Set. Mark is right that it "triggers" through a magical attack. You'll know it by hearing a divine fury sound. However, other than that, I haven't noticed anything special or different. It's been mentioned previously that mana gets replenished, I haven't seen anything of that.

Mark, is there difference between a "good mana burst" vs. "evil mana burst"?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are people seriously riding Mark's jock for drinking a beer?

Get over yourselves.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Winner!
I retract my statement and humbly apologize. It appears they can not be enhanced.
Meh. They just didn't think of it. ;)

I wondah if anything happens if you pray at the shrine with the pieces or the full suit on? Would be cool if they thought of that.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'm heartened that they have progressed by one step at any rate.

Armor drops of exceptional value that will allow for a full 500 on the imbuing scale. Its sad they didn't take the line of reasoning all the way through.

Been begging for crimson dyes so I can make my own invasion suit armor that means anything. At least its a step in the right direction.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The property itself, while I find it useless to me, I'm betting is of potential value to some people. These days it's fairly easy to push yourself to all 70s, or at least all in the 60s, resist without using every slot, thus making some slots useful solely for some other property. I'm betting enough people want to use that property that the items will maintain some amount of value.

How much remains to be seen.

What I think the team's going for, broadly speaking, is to find item properties that are of potential use but aren't necessary. (Rage Focus; this mana boost thing; to a lesser degree the damage eaters.) Basically potential niche items, or "wild cards." Maybe they're useful, maybe they're not.

I like that concept, myself.

-Galen's player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I find troubling is that the system, designed without taking these new properties into account, has not seemed to include many of them in intensity calculations. It just does not see them, because it was never told to look for them.

As usual, we added something we thought was neat, and didn't figure on making sure it was tucked away into all the nooks and crannies.

T

Tinsil

I don't know why people are complaining... It seems like a decent suit.. and will be a cool rare if it isn't spawned in mass here.

They can't just make some godly suit, because then people would complain for one, and two everyone would use it.

Creating a decently rare, named suit with a couple cool mods is a great idea.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Enter SYRUS, left

SYRUS
Just wanted to pop in to support the drinking of beer.​

Exeunt

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh its junk plain and simple i will never wear this crud i may peice a set together to let a vendor wear for shows sake! ? how tough are the black rock golems anywhere near as tough as a black rock elemental? whats a good method of killing them?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh its junk plain and simple i will never wear this crud i may peice a set together to let a vendor wear for shows sake! ? how tough are the black rock golems anywhere near as tough as a black rock elemental? whats a good method of killing them?
Its not hard just takes sometime.
On average I kill one in 6 to 8 minutes on my sampire solo.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It looks cool, but I don't like the concept personally.
More new mods introduced...more math, more figuring. Gonna need to add a few more columns to yall's spreadsheets.
Sure do wish they would take the game away from all the mods and figures, slowly, back to a sensible level, and get us less itemized. But everything seems to be pointing to more more more :(

B

Babe Wink

I have to say I am very excited about the suits. Found out about them late and was afraid I wouldnt get a chance to have any of the items. Then ended up in Magencia a couple of days ago and 30 some hours of playing later I have all 4 complete sets. Hehehe. Must be honest had to trade for two of the pieces even with all those items. Personally love all the math and computation required for suit building. One of the funnest parts of the game. I may spend more time building suits and weapons than anything else in game.