• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing quest rewards

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how you arrived at your point values but it's not quite right.

There are only groups, one is shallow water fish, they count 1x
Deep sea and lobsters and crabs are counted 2x
dungeon fish are counted 3x

so, with an order of 6 fish at 20 appiece... that is going to be between 120 and 360 depending on the combination.

I suppose you might be calculating based on the quantities of bait since the quantity is connected.

The main reason I wanted to reveal that information is because I wanted you to know that the more difficult to catch fish were going to be worth more. I have not revealed anywhere the brackets for the various rewards.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thank you all for being so passionate about fishing!

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rare books are simply an in game way of knowing which fish are which and where to catch them.

I think people are getting them more frequently than I had intended. We just increased the chance to get power scrolls for pub 69, that will effectively decrease the chance to get books.

Thank you all for fishing!