• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cannonball Rewards - Bug?

Den2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I had my Gargish Galleon my grouo received the Heavy Flame Cannonball a few times and a few light ones as well. When we went over to my Orc ship my group has only received light flame cannonballs. Is there a particular reason we are not getting the heavy ones anymore? Also, we have yet to receive any of the frost cannonballs. Can anyone shed some light on why we're only receiving 1 kind?

Thanks

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When we first started doing the pirates, we recieved a frost cannon ball and a heavy fire cannon ball one time. Since then we also have only recieved light fire cannon balls. (When cannon ball happened to be the reward)

S

soulstoner

Has anyone reported or have known results from firing one of these reward balls? We have been bestowed with a light frost ball last evening - not sure what best to do with it.

U

UWF Lovely

We attempted to use a light.....left our front cannon light just to be able to use the special cannon ball...and didn't really notice that it helped much. Until we know for sure ours are being saved.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto, still have never recieved another frost cannonball. Just the one time when it all first started. Now it is only either orc ship peice (no complaint there) or a light fire cannon ball, but no frosts and no heavies.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to tonight's UStream chat, they are going to look into it to see if a problem does indeed exist.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will look into it, but I can say that nothing has changed code wise that would have made it stop.

It could just be that the RNG is hating on you. :\

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will look into it, but I can say that nothing has changed code wise that would have made it stop.

Then the RNG has been hating all of us since approximately 1 -2 weeks after high seas started.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can report that I have done over 70 pirate quests as the owner of the ship. In that time I have gotten 25 light flaming cannonballs, 1 light frost cannonball and rest were ship parts. I have used nothing but a heavy cannon on my ship the entire time so yes the range is way off.

One player that goes out on these quests with me often has only gotten 2 ship parts and then 48 light Flaming cannonballs in a row. Talk about being cursed. It has become a running joke that every time he will get another light flaming cannonball.

T

Tazar

I know the RNG is prone to streaks... but at this point, I have over 350 Light Flame Cannonballs, and zero heavy flame... and zero frost...

Something's Fishy here!

S

soulstoner

Got a heavy flame last evening. :)ambivalent :(
The 5 rounds prior to the aforementioned, Bigglesby bestowed 3 light frosts, one light flame, one boat part.

Sorry to hear the Vallend report of the 48 light flames in a row.
And Tazar, dude, 350 balls & other what nots :eek:.... you have turned true sea scallywag...better pack some lemons and limes on your boat.:p arr

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a heavy flame last evening. :)ambivalent :(
The 5 rounds prior to the aforementioned, Bigglesby bestowed 3 light frosts, one light flame, one boat part.
Wow, first I've heard of ANYONE getting any cannon ball other then the light fire since shortly after high seas was released. Wonder if they could have slid in a fix??

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did around 60 pirate quests meanwhile. This is what I gathered so far:

42 light flame cannonballs
1 heavy flame cannonball (got it this week, never thought they existed)
1 light frost cannonball
3 heavy frost cannonballs

I guess the RNG hates all of us.