• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ODS Fishing Tourney Results

O

ohiohi

Congrats to all the winners and thank you all who participated. It turned out better than expected for our first event ever. 24 big fish were weighed and the results are:

10th place Carvin Marvin 162 stones

9th place Chopper 164 stones

8th place Kariny Strongstorm 164 stones

7th place Elmo-mos 166 stones

6th place Magic Sellar 167 stones

5th place Poison Ivy 167 stones

4th place Spot Stealer 169 stones

3rd place Dreamy 177 stones

2nd place Sosarian Bane 179 stones

1st place Bro 200 stone

Our next tourney will be in december and we will post details once they are final. Hope to see ya all at the next one.

Attachments

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
blaa I spent all morning fishing...... even got a 188 stone fish but got tied up stringing up christmas lights when the weighin went on! Next month I will win!! I found a honeyhole!

O

ohiohi

That sucks. Ya would of got 2nd place. We are working on the details of the next tourney and will post them here when they are final. There were some big fish, first time i ever seen a 200 stone fish. Good luck next month.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am impressed, 200 stones ? Wow. Congratulations to the winner.

They are all good catches, though, I have been fishing a whole lot as of lately and I can see how tough it is to pull up a heavy big fish.

By the way, are there baits for big fishes ? Or is there any fisherman's trick to increase the odds to pull up one of these guys ?

O

ohiohi

Yes there are bait for some of the big fish but I am not sure if it works. I was suprised to see some of the big fish. We weighed in mostly yellowtail barracuda and regular big fish but there were a few others such as a reaper fish, mud puppy, and red herring. I am excited to think what the next tourney will bring. That 200 stone barracuda is gonna be hard to beat.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gratz to the winners!

Bait works, it just isn't a silver bullet.

The chance of catching the specific fish goes from lottery-odds to very-hard when you use bait. (Those aren't exact numbers.)