• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing quest rewards

• Thread starter Tane Darkbane
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
W

Wrayne

I hope that is not the case. I have been fishing since the expansion came out. BTW I just recieved another 105 PS. WOOT!

W

Wrayne

Alright...now I am frustrated. Just got another 105 PS....WHERE IS MY 110!?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing Skill 105

Order origin : Vesper

Order destination : Floating Docks

6-liner

- 20 Hummer Lobster
- 20 Grey Snapper
- 10 Shad
- 15 Yellofin Tuna
- 20 Blue Grouper
- 20 Walleye

An "almost" maxed-out 6-liner (only short for 10 shads and 5 Yellofiwh Tuna...)

Reward obtained ? "Order of the Dragonfish Handbook Part 3"

A "supposedly" rare book which is not rare at all and, on top of that, is totally useless??

For an almost maxed out 6-liner ?

This is ridicolous...........

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how you arrived at your point values but it's not quite right.

There are only groups, one is shallow water fish, they count 1x
Deep sea and lobsters and crabs are counted 2x
dungeon fish are counted 3x

so, with an order of 6 fish at 20 appiece... that is going to be between 120 and 360 depending on the combination.

I suppose you might be calculating based on the quantities of bait since the quantity is connected.

The main reason I wanted to reveal that information is because I wanted you to know that the more difficult to catch fish were going to be worth more. I have not revealed anywhere the brackets for the various rewards.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thank you all for being so passionate about fishing!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Presently crabs and lobsters are weighted the same as shallow water fish. Had an order today for 10 Spiney Lobsters and received only 5 charge bait, not the expected 10 charge bait. So reward value (or reputation value) and bait quantity are independent scores? Also, can one expect dungeon fish requests from mongers at 105 skill or lower?

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rare books are simply an in game way of knowing which fish are which and where to catch them.

I think people are getting them more frequently than I had intended. We just increased the chance to get power scrolls for pub 69, that will effectively decrease the chance to get books.

Thank you all for fishing!

B

Beastmaster

Not sure how you arrived at your point values but it's not quite right.

There are only groups, one is shallow water fish, they count 1x
Deep sea and lobsters and crabs are counted 2x
dungeon fish are counted 3x

so, with an order of 6 fish at 20 appiece... that is going to be between 120 and 360 depending on the combination.

I suppose you might be calculating based on the quantities of bait since the quantity is connected.

The main reason I wanted to reveal that information is because I wanted you to know that the more difficult to catch fish were going to be worth more. I have not revealed anywhere the brackets for the various rewards.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thank you all for being so passionate about fishing!

Mark we have the empirical data to backup what has been said here. The trapped fish are the same value as shallow water fish. Quit dismissing our claims until you have checked the code. Most of us believe somewhere there you will find a division by 2 instead of a multiplication.

W

Wrayne

^^^

May be the reason that we are not seeing any 110 or higher PS's.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rare books are simply an in game way of knowing which fish are which and where to catch them.

I think people are getting them more frequently than I had intended. We just increased the chance to get power scrolls for pub 69, that will effectively decrease the chance to get books.

Thank you all for fishing!

Well, thank you for the informations and the fixes !

We still have unresolved issues, though, can you please address these concerns also ?

Multi-orders
Currently, it is not possible to play fishing quests having multi-orders since if one has a pending order being worked on, and takes another order, if the second order has the same type of fish/crab/lobster of the first one this is considered by the engine as a "refused order" (which is not, it is only being worked on...) and the player takes a reputation penalty loss with the second order same type of fish being lowered to a 5 quantity (thus lowering the chances at a better reward).
Are you aware of this ? What about a fix ?

Reputation loss for players who completed a great number of fishing orders
You have mentioned a bug hitting those players who have complete a high number of fishing orders. The higher number of quests they have completed, it seems, the bigger is the reputation loss they get hit from, it seems.
Any news on this fix ?

Fishermen at 105 skill not capable of earning a 110 powerscroll
Since dungeon fish orders only start at 106 skill, currently fishermen are stuck to having only the possibility to get a 110 powerscroll through the binding of 8x 105s.
This, since in order to gain a 110 as a drop it is necessary to turn in orders containing dungeon fish but they only get offered when one is 106 skill in fishing. It sounds a catch-22 type of issue : to get a 110 PS one needs to get to 106 skill but it is not possible to get there without a 110 PS in the first place !!
The only work around, as of now, is getting 8x 105s and bind them into a 110 but at that point, it is not clear why a player would want to get a 110 as a drop when one has already gotten one through the 8x 105s binding......
Are you aware of this ? Any chance for a fix ?

Lobsters and crabs are counted 2x or 0.5 ??
You mention in your post that lobsters and crabs are counted 2x. Since several fishermen claim that, according to their fishing orders empyrcal experience they have hints they are counted as x0.5, was the code verified for lack of errors or bugs so that we can be 100% sure that lobsters and crabs are counted 2x and not 0.5 ?
I am asking, because inadvertedly somewhere there can be a "/2" rather than a "*2"....
Can you please let us know ?

Where are the 115s
Are these even in the system ? We have had reports of players getting 120s but so far, noone on Stratics has reported getting a 115. Do they even exist for fishing ?

"Rare" books: can they be made usefull ?
We understand you upped the PS drop rate which should reduce the books drop rate but the thing is, that many among us already wasted high end fishing orders (which means wasting many, many fish, crabs and lobsters) to get multiple copies of these books. Since you are making regular crabs and lobsters usefull using them in new cooking recipes or as Library Collectibles turn ins, can you please do the same for these books and make them useable in some ways ?
Of course, considering their different rarity......
I mean, if a Book n.3 has the same chance of dropping as a powerscroll, if you will use it as an item that can be turned in for Library Collectibles it should carry way more points in value than a Book n.1.

Thanks.

Northern Whaler

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guildmate Cloud received a 115 fishing scroll last week, not sure what type of order he filled but he did get it as a reward

T

Tane Darkbane

If you look at my score for the reaper fish bait - 67 points - this was a 67 charge bait. the only way to get this is if something is valued as half a point (crabs / lobsters) with the final value rounded down - i'm sure there's more evidence further up the thread.
of course this dosn't mean all rewards are affected - however it is certainly the case with bait charges

W

Wrayne

Well i have taken some time away from fishing since the work outwieghed the reward...Have any of these issues been resolved or are we sitting on the same problems?

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also received a 15 ps on LS which I sold a few days ago for 15 mil. Already a Legendary fisher but yeah I have put in my time and only 1 15 ps and 2 book 5s as a reward now my hopes are receiving book 6. Since legendary fishing i have also pulled up a winter dragonfish and 2 zombie fish.

Really rare fish none the less even at Legendary fisherman. May the Bait be with you.

The Albatross LS

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish the new RNG they mentioned would be in already. How high is the chance to get giant koi bait 5 times in a row? Grrr

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I am pretty fed up with these quests :( I just turned in a 15 Rock crab, 15 Spiney lobster, 20 Freds, 20 black seabass, 15 red snook and 20 gray snapper and got a lava fishing pole! Sheesh!

I have only ever received 3 105 scrolls in all the quests I have done. The RNG hates me...always has!! What's a fisher to do! *shakes her fist at the RNG*

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing quest and rewards after Publish69.

1. reward points

type of fish and the weight value :
Crab and Lobster : *1
Inshore fish : *1
Deepwater fish : *2
Dungeon fish : *3
(if using *0.5 - *1.5 weight value, halving the threshold for reward points.)

The reward point is a numerical value that multiplies the amount and the correction value of each kind, and totals them.
Max reward point is 360 (6 lines dungeon fish * 20).

2. Rewards
Quest's reward is divided into several steps for each Reward Point.

5-45 points
[ ] : frequency obtained for myself after pub69

lava fishing pole [4]
lava lobster trap [6]
order of dragonfish book 1 [7]
order of dragonfish book 2 [3]
order of dragonfish book 4 [2]
rank1 bait [43]

50-95 points
lava fishing pole [5]
lava lobster trap [7]
order of dragonfish book 1 [4]
order of dragonfish book 2 [4]
order of dragonfish book 4 [4]
rank1 bait [48]
fishing PSC 105 [3]

100-145 points
lava fishing pole [3]
lava lobster trap [3]
order of dragonfish book 1 [0]
order of dragonfish book 2 [0]
order of dragonfish book 3 [4]
order of dragonfish book 4 [1]
rank1 bait [41]
rank2 bait [24]
fishing PSC 105 [8]
fishing PSC 110 [4]

150-195 points
lava lobster trap [4]
order of dragonfish book 3 [3]
rank1 bait [9]
rank2 bait [12]
fishing PSC 105 [3]
fishing PSC 110 [2]

200-245 points
order of dragonfish book 3 [1]
order of dragonfish book 5 [1]
rank3 bait [10]
fishing PSC 105 [2]
fishing PSC 110 [1]
fishing PSC 115 [0]
fishing PSC 120 [0]

250- points
I haven't accepted yet.

rank1 bait (exist in inshore or deepwater)
great barracuda, yellow barracuda, autumn dragonfish, holy mackerel,
giant koi, fairy salmon, stone crab

rank2 bait (exist in dungeons)
fire fish, summer dragonfish, reaper fish, lava fish,
bull fish, crystal fish, unicorn fish
blue lobster, spider crab

rank3 bait (exist in inshore or deepwater)
black marlin, blue marlin, stone fish, spring dragonfish,
zombie fish, giant samurai, golden tuna, void crab
and others?

rank4 bait (exist in dungeons, I think)
I have not gotten yet.

bait charge is half the number of reward points and maximum is 100.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rare fish I caught

Spring Dragonfish : Ilshenar, skill=120, not used bait
Void Crab : Ter Mur, skill=110, used bait

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to get pictures of the spring dragonfish and void crab please?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neat. May i get some details on the locations? Where in Ilsh did you get the fish? Mushroom Cave? :)