• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OCEANIA LOGIN SERVER OUTAGE - 8th Episode !!! Seriously????????

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dejavu over and over and over again...and still no sign of help. Current outage record....
  • 25.2.2012 - 12hrs +
  • 29.2.2012 - 4.5hrs
  • 1.3.2012 - 20mins (on and off)
  • 5.3.2012 - approximately 4hrs
  • 10.3.2012 - 10:33pm to 11:51pm
  • 14.3.2012 - 00:00 to 2:15am
  • 18.3.2012 - 8pm to 9pm (extreme lag spikes of total freezing experienced server wide all day prior to the issue)
  • 20.3.2012 - 9pm (currently still unavailable)
Someone want to help paying customers once in 2 years maybe? Becoming rediculous is probably somewhat of an understatement.

S

Sevin0oo0

I got in yesterday afternoon, thought maybe it was old news, tried a few minutes ago, Missing.
So it's out yet again? I'd say it'll be up 'soon', but that isn't even funny anymore.
Hopes for your speedy recovery beck to the land of the living

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I agree it's ridiculous. My apologies guys. Fix is in the works. Unfortunately not a simple quick fix. We've been working on it over the last few weeks. It has to do with a flaw with our partner there.

Thanks for getting the partners to continue to investigate, we really appreciate you taking an interest in our dilemma as no one else seems to care either way.

With the issues experienced across Oceania last year with regular server outages and the issues experienced prior to that, with the server relocation, I'm sure you can understand our frustration at paying for a game we love but cant play. (most players on Oceania are long term game vets who truly love their game and shard)

Once again really appreciate your efforts to help u!!!

U

UO_Abound

Hail All,

I have started a trial account a week or so ago now and happened upon this issue. Everything was going great gunns till i could not log in any more. either the login server was unable to connect or oceania was not in the server list to choose. I havent even started to buy time yet and there are problems that stop the game dead.. Ahh well. I have spent the last day or two reading the forums and other UO info when I can't log in. I found a copy of UOTrace and played with that a little.

So my questions are thus :
Is there anything we,I, the users can do to help ?
Is there any information that may be available to us that may help in a resolution to this problem ? (network traces from this side..)
Is there any further information that can be passed onto the community that may help us understand and appreciate the complexity of the "ninja's" job ? (server/network)
Do we know the nature of the problem ?
Is it affecting the whole community or just those who use a cretain network/isp ?

I think information is the key, passed between the users and the devs/ninjas. Do the ninjas know when our problem first presents itself ? or is there something we can do to highlight issues ? (ie posting here )
If this is an ongoing issue then anything we the community can do to help, we should make all attempts to try. I know people pay for the game (and I think I will be soon too) and as such expect a certain level of service, but I.T. is I.T. and sometimes it just goes belly up. I dont remember reading any spite on this issue which is great, but to be honest i didnt see much to read on this issue at all and if it stops the game completly I would have expected more movement or noise.

It is great to see an official reading and posting here, keeping in touch with us. Thank you.

If nothing else at least good luck ninjas.

Abound

jskalski

Franchise Producer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for getting the partners to continue to investigate, we really appreciate you taking an interest in our dilemma as no one else seems to care either way.

With the issues experienced across Oceania last year with regular server outages and the issues experienced prior to that, with the server relocation, I'm sure you can understand our frustration at paying for a game we love but cant play. (most players on Oceania are long term game vets who truly love their game and shard)

Once again really appreciate your efforts to help u!!!
Chatted with the engineers today about the progress on the fix. Looks like we're 14-16 days away from it being completed and tested. I'll post more as I hear it. Once we have a more confident date around when to expect the fix in I'm sure we'll post a message to the the herald to share the news.

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Chatted with the engineers today about the progress on the fix. Looks like we're 14-16 days away from it being completed and tested. I'll post more as I hear it. Once we have a more confident date around when to expect the fix in I'm sure we'll post a message to the the herald to share the news.
Thanks so much for this.... I'll let my fellow players know that the 11th episode the other day will hopefully be short term pain before a final resolution kicks in. *does happy dance*
From a 12 year vet who truly loves their game... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!