• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone else gotten "rare fire red " new plants

T

Teeshy

Oooooh!

That's all I got to say - just Ooooooh!

*edits* Oh good question kittykat - could add a new dimension to that quest too if it did!

A

Amathist of PoC

ooo was that from a fire seed or from the new seeds?

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol - i can think of more to say than that ROFL like O.M.G.

if the new plants can be the rare seed quest colorsand come from the seed quest - omg, I'll be running that thing like alllllll the rest of the week

T

Teeshy

if the new plants can be the rare seed quest colorsand come from the seed quest - omg, I'll be running that thing like alllllll the rest of the week
*nods lots* I'll have to finally learn how to do that quest ;) LOL! I just yesterday planted all my coloured seeds that I had bought too - so crossing fingers now that it was from a coloured seed ;)

A

Amathist of PoC

*rushes off to plant her rare seeds too* I have white and aqua and pink and fire and oooo so pretty imagine a pink cypress LOL

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh also - wondering if she got the seed after pub 55 or before. I was under the assumption that as soon as you got the seed from the quest, it already knew what it was gonna be when it grew up (*laughs*)

must.have.more.information. hehehehee

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ACK I've been out of town all day for a job interview - I KNEW I was going to miss something exciting!

Have got to go run the ant quest for some seeds to try this out...I would love a pink orfleur...

D

DHMagicMan_1

Has Lady Lava confirmed whether she got the seed for that from the Naturalist quest or if it was just a seed from one of the mobs and popped into a fire plant?

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Looks to me like it is just the normal fire plants from the solen quest... looks like 2 cactus plants... not one!

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
did that come from a fire seed?
Myself and several others have been doing all things seed/plants and we have been doing the quests.
We did do the fire quest seed ( naturalist ) and it was done BEFORE pub so I have a feeling this is from the new seeds and not the seed quest.

Time will tell and I am excited to think of all the possibilites now.

It is one plant not two...look at flower.

When I click on plant is say " Rare fire red ".

p.s. Us girls are all friended to ants. There is just something wrong about having a ant crawl up your leg or kill you.

B

Braun

Hmmm, one might add that it could be a paragon seed, which allowed this to happen.

Very interesting, indeed ..

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my hubby brought home a fragrant seed from a paragon titan yesterday. I've not done anything with it yet. I'll plant it and keep it separate, see what happens.

C

Ceridwen

A fellow gardener from Drachenfels told me he got a seed from a Terathan Warrior Paragon, and that it turned into a normal plant.

I'm leaning more towards the naturalist quest, as more people would do it then.

But I'm wondering why they said "no coloured new plants as of now" when someone in another thread (the one with "official" in this forum) stated they got a blue seed from their cocoa tree...

D

DHMagicMan_1

I hope we get some Dev clarification on this. It would suck if it's from Paragons because I'm pretty sure some of the plants don't have any mobs that drop that come in Paragon form so only some would be available in Fire color and others wouldn't?

Jeremy or someone? Info, please?

F

Flora Green

Do the devs even read these specialty forums considering they rarely post in U.Hall? Perhaps the best chance is to make a new post about this in U.Hall calling a shout to Jeremy in the thread title.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I haven't seen anything from anyone at EA/Mythic since last Five on Friday...

They have vacation this week or something. They haven't even acknowledge the problem with not able to tend to locked down new plants after stage 7 that I'm aware of.

F

feath

:eyes:
Do we really want them to know?
I think the new plants in 'fire' shade is pretty cool....

shhh, mum's the word!

F

Flora Green

I did think of that after I posted. No one mention the colored plants/seeds! :)

L

Lord Drakelord

Do the devs even read these specialty forums considering they rarely post in U.Hall? Perhaps the best chance is to make a new post about this in U.Hall calling a shout to Jeremy in the thread title.
Regine_EAMythic did read the thread, saw the name below. So I am sure they know of it now.

R

Rix/\

I haven't seen anything from anyone at EA/Mythic since last Five on Friday...

They have vacation this week or something. They haven't even acknowledge the problem with not able to tend to locked down new plants after stage 7 that I'm aware of.
I don't know where most of the Dev's are located in the world but good parts of the US are dealing with flood issues alot have been evacuated from their homes in alot of mid western states from Texas up to Indiana.

oh btw the pic looks like a mutated barrel catus I used to have from quest, nothing like the new plants.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
oh btw the pic looks like a mutated barrel catus I used to have from quest, nothing like the new plants.
Look again, it have a little flower like the new ones.

R

Rix/\

I haven't seen a pic of a new one yet but I have been doing the quest since the publish and I do have about 7-8 seeds growing in my garden so maybe I'll find something new. BTW the price of green thorns is now going up :p

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't need to know if it's unintended. Don't mind even, because more plants to grow is great. Hope the new rare colored florals stay.

D

DHMagicMan_1

If I had to guess, I'm guessing that when loot is generated and a peculuar seed is in a corpse, there's some SMALL chance, say 1 out of 200 or 1 out of 500 that it will grow into a FIRE (or other Special color??) from a plain LOOKING seed. To me this is the only thing that makes sense right now unless she ran the Naturalist quest after 55 was released.

I believe at the time Gardening was released, the Devs said the seed, when created, has all it's properties, color, type etc... it knows what it will grow into even if we don't know... so I don't think any seeds from Naturalist prior to 55 could have grown into a post 55 plant.

Also, I doubt they'd make it drop only from Paragons or something because some of the plant types don't have any mobs that come in Paragon forms.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One thing that do make me think it's a fake pic is the flower on the cactus, it's not fire color but very light yellow. Most colored plants do not act like that

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing that do make me think it's a fake pic is the flower on the cactus, it's not fire color but very light yellow. Most colored plants do not act like that
Because the flower is brighter than the cactus, the hueing would do that. If you look at fire snowdrops or lilies, the petals are just as bright. The pic looks legit to me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Because the flower is brighter than the cactus, the hueing would do that. If you look at fire snowdrops or lilies, the petals are just as bright. The pic looks legit to me.
I hope it is, as I love the idea

K

Kyrie_Elaison

If it's possible that it came from a para then I should have a pretty good chance of getting one. I killed a ton of para serpentine dragons that are on day 6. They are mixed in with the regular ones, but I only killed para serps so I shouldn't get anything from the other seeds.

Now I'm really excited for tomorrow morning. Anyone remember what time server up is on Pacific? lol

D

Deb

I really wish that the hedges would have been able to mutate.
White for Winter and Black for those of us with Spooky houses:D

B

Beastmaster

Guys, I think this pic is a fake and can be duplicated.

Tip off is the absence of anything around the backpack. While placing plants on my vendor tonight I saw the same image.

T

Teeshy

There's nothing around my backpack on my screen either - cept the black space - don't think that's a tip off at all

What do you mean by "While placing plants on my vendor tonight I saw the same image."? You mean like just a graphical weirdness?

D

Deb

In the FOF Jeremy posted:
Five on Friday

September 19, 2008

"You said the new plants would not come in different colors What gives?"

Um... surprise! It's... it's an easter egg! Yeah, that's what it is! (Actually, we're not at all sure why some of them are coming up colored, and it definitely wasn't intended, but we're not going to spoil the fun. Enjoy!)

So looks like Green Thorns need to be grown again:D

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
In the FOF Jeremy posted:
Five on Friday

September 19, 2008

Um... surprise! It's... it's an easter egg! Yeah, that's what it is! (Actually, we're not at all sure why some of them are coming up colored, and it definitely wasn't intended, but we're not going to spoil the fun. Enjoy!)

So looks like Green Thorns need to be grown again:D
I love it that they used my little plant and screenshot for FoF. Has anyone else gotten one yet ????

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My geuss is they come from naturalist quest. The plants you get there are random selected when it shows as a plant (day 7). I think the new plants are in the pool of plants choices of them.

B

Beastmaster

Lady Lava, prove me wrong and place the plant on display where everyone can see it.

Spartacus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FoF: Far Away
Jeremy Dalberg
19 Sep 2008 19:06:22

This week's FoF has a couple of lingering Publish 55 bits to address as well as some hints as to what to expect in 56.

--

C

Coppelia

My geuss is they come from naturalist quest. The plants you get there are random selected when it shows as a plant (day 7). I think the new plants are in the pool of plants choices of them.
I did the naturalist quest a few times today and planted the seeds. We'll see! :)

If it comes from paragons, in each group there's a least one creature which can spawn as paragon.
To my knowledge, those can spawn as paragons : Mummy, Serpentine Dragon, Titan, Plague Beast, Juka Mage, Terathan Warrior and Wisp.

L

Lord Drakelord

I did the naturalist quest a few times today and planted the seeds. We'll see! :)

Also did the Naturalist Quest couple times, making sure to go to the 5th nest using the green thorn. Planted both seeds today. I will post any news asap.