• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy-regarding the question you asked Siege Perilous?

• Thread starter archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
A

archite666

I want to give you guys feedback about the multiple characters on Siege however I must ask what do I put in the subject line?

Also while i'm here I would like to publicly state, that I have weighed the issues very carefully heres what I got on the subject.

Pros
-Soulstones would make me pretty much instantly create my second character.
-More ways to play the game, I E I could make my treasure hunter.
-Less money spent as I have 4 accounts just for Siege.
-More people to kill and loot, as when you die you would probably log onto a different char.

Cons
-You wouldnt know anyones identity, on siege, even with multiple accounts we all have a pretty good idea who is who and we would loose that like the prodo shards
-If someone wrongs you it would be impossible to get back at them as that player wouldnt be playing that character all the time and you wouldnt know who his characters are.
-loss of your unique status, as everyone doest need other people any more
-last and this is the one that really makes up my mind is simply, on siege you have one character to embody who you are and thus you must rely on others, me for instance, Im a pvper and thus I need crafters to keep me going so I dont attack other crafters and also I must keep a good relationship with people, I wouldnt want to kill a guy thats a T hunter because I may need his services.

Most importantly a big part of the siege populas are those people who play this game for the unique ability to be a shop keeper of sorts and thus dont fight or pvp, they live to make money from their business and if we all had crafters these important people would lose their niche

That is why I say NAY to adding any characters slots to siege, yes it would save me money but it would destroy the world I love and thus I wouldnt have a desire to play the 4 accounts I own.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only suggestion would be (and I agree 100% with archite666) if they do decide to add a slot (I hope they don't)... & that it is limited to making only a Garg Character.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with most everything Cash said as far as the pros and cons

but i feel differently about the crafters losing their niche. I dont see every person making the 2nd character a crafter. I personally plan for another PVPer thus ill need more loot.

I think a lot of crafters who came to siege to craft might use the extra character to play a different area of the game. I mean with soulstones you can pretty much make 1 character every crafter type you need, so i forsee an extra character slot letting a lot of people go out and PVM more, or if they pvm, then make a pvp non tamer char lulz.

Anyways, GoodGuy's vote is an Aye for 2nd character slot on siege

A

archite666

I agree that they could, however I believe that is a niche that UO has, some people love the roleplay aspect if you will, that they can be part of a fantacy world but instead of always playing the heroic adventurer, they get to play the behind the scenes people.

It makes siege feel much more like the original ultima, I believe the only thing these people would use the second character for is another character for more crafting skills. But at the cost of having alot more people creating crafter characters, lets not forget that alot of us own more than one account and thus you arnt adding one character to each person but instead me for instance would be getting 4 new characters and Id pretty much have to make one a crafter and thus that would get rid almost all my crafter dependance.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All very good points but I don't think adding a second char slot is a bad thing at all. I think it will just allow people more leeway in there play style since they won't have to wait on switching out skills that are stoned.
Also I disagree that we would no longer know who is who, just as we figure out who's alts are who we would also integrate the new chars created with a second slot.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*camps* Thanks Snake. That is an interesting thought. I am still cogitating the idea. I am with Cash so far. You can be what you want to be on Siege. Any one with one account even.

More characters... More houses... *shakes head*

This is not what we need. I will not throw down on this, yet. What we need is to make it attractive for vets to want to play. There are so many other shards that have multiple characters. *laughs* I have 5 accounts. Bite me.

I choose to have those. My friends can attest that I have not logged in for ages. Yet, I still pay. I still hope.

Throwing goodies at us will not win over the Siege players. It might make some try Siege. There will be more players I suppose. Now they have more characters...

Then they want houses, but do not want to lose the ones they have.

Damn it Mythic! Do not turn Siege into a half assed vet shard. All we want is some dev time. Or should I say I want...

You start throwing bones like extra characters, free houses, ( I would go for the old tent for folks), ...

I know you do not understand us. That is OK. If you really want to know us, come see us on our little forum. Yeah, it can be a bit rough there, that is who we are.

A

archite666

Imagen the massive influx of spies into guilds, and once again you would be alienating a large aspect of our player base, I like being unique, I like that not everyone is a pvp character, I like that a crafter is rare, I like that a T hunter is a damn rarity.

I know were being offered something that at first looks cool, but I beg you to look into more and see the actually outcome, we would just be making our selfs closer to a production shard,

Either way you look at it, giving an extra slot to everyone will take everyones dependancy on each other at least somewhat away.

That is a step away from community.

And I feel that is a very bad thing.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also say no. Even if that means people will have to delete their characters (and stone their skills if they have them) to play a Gargoyle. If anything, they should hand out Soul Stone frags when SA launches, so people can do this. Just need a house or friend to store them. Problem solved...

...except for scrolled skills.

:scholar:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Draw the line friends and enemies. We just want a little...

H

HaHa

I agree with most everything Cash said as far as the pros and cons

but i feel differently about the crafters losing their niche. I dont see every person making the 2nd character a crafter. I personally plan for another PVPer thus ill need more loot.

I think a lot of crafters who came to siege to craft might use the extra character to play a different area of the game. I mean with soulstones you can pretty much make 1 character every crafter type you need, so i forsee an extra character slot letting a lot of people go out and PVM more, or if they pvm, then make a pvp non tamer char lulz.

Anyways, GoodGuy's vote is an Aye for 2nd character slot on siege

Ugh god, i feel all nasty on the outside and no matter how much i bathe the feeling wont come off. ....I actually agree with GG. If your a Pvper your gonnamake another pvper. Atm most of us already got a crafter, we just too lazy to do anything with him

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
kelmo;848150 Throwing goodies at us will not win over the Siege players. It might make some try Siege. [/QUOTE said:
If one character slot doesnt get players to play on Siege a second slot probley wont either. I dont play on Siege is because I dont have the time to start on another shard and build a character.
Then they want houses, but do not want to lose the ones they have.
So true if I did have the time to play on Siege I would want a house, and would not want to get rid of my house on another shard. If they made it to where you could have 2 houses per account, and gave players with accounts that are 5 years and up a chance to only place a second house on Siege might bring players over to Seige.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If one character slot doesnt get players to play on Siege a second slot probley wont either. I dont play on Siege is because I dont have the time to start on another shard and build a character.

So true if I did have the time to play on Siege I would want a house, and would not want to get rid of my house on another shard. If they made it to where you could have 2 houses per account, and gave players with accounts that are 5 years and up a chance to only place a second house on Siege might bring players over to Seige.
I would rather go this route. If it comes to it. Giving us olde tyme Siege vets extra characters will not increase the population. Giving some incentives to try it...

A

archite666

its very true, second characters will not help anything, ok we can be gargoyles, not that big of a deal, just another example of tram stuff spilling over.

I only hope the devs decide FOR it based on it being easier, rather than see that the community is AT BEST divided on this issue.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i am against additionyl char slots on siege...

archite mentioned the cons.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having 2 chars wouldn't prevent you from knowing who people's alts were any more than them having another account. Where's the difference?

It is not possible to fit all the crafting skills I want to have in one character, and with imbuing coming in it's not going to be possible to fit everything into 2 either!

Try building some crafter templates yourself, bearing in mind that every crafter needs both armslore and imbuing in addition to whatever other skill they choose. A smith can't operate without mining.

A

archite666

Having 2 chars wouldn't prevent you from knowing who people's alts were any more than them having another account. Where's the difference?

It is not possible to fit all the crafting skills I want to have in one character, and with imbuing coming in it's not going to be possible to fit everything into 2 either!

Try building some crafter templates yourself, bearing in mind that every crafter needs both armslore and imbuing in addition to whatever other skill they choose. A smith can't operate without mining.
except for the fact that EVERYONE gets a second character, not everyone has a second account, I understand that a second character would help that, I myself have 4 accounts, the change would save me 20$ a month, really it would.

But this change is a step away from siege, its a step toward production and its a step away from community, spies will crop up and no one will be appreciated for their uniqueness.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really think us siegers are clever enough to figure out who everybody is. 2nd character or 2nd account, its not that hard folks. in fact, i almost wish it was harder, back in the day people would play both sides of the fence it was easier and more accepted before the vent/uoam days. made for more fights.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Pros
-Soulstones would make me pretty much instantly create my second character.
-More ways to play the game, I E I could make my treasure hunter.
I see that as a possive thing too. Each char will have it's own life instead of you being a splitted personality

-Less money spent as I have 4 accounts just for Siege.
-More people to kill and loot, as when you die you would probably log onto a different char.
I guess you have 4 houses too so maybe you won't close any accounts. Also you can't move the skills from one account to an other. Yes some do have an habit of dying on all their chars but I only think that count for few. I won't login my crafter if you kill Freja but yes, I may login Freja if someone kill my crafters but only if I think I have a chance to kill you, else Tina Tink will just give you a smile and replace her lost tools and armor.

Cons
-You wouldnt know anyones identity, on siege, even with multiple accounts we all have a pretty good idea who is who and we would loose that like the prodo shards
Why would that changes just because some of the chars would be on same accounts? We would still have a pretty good idea who is who.
We can't recall away, we can gate but you can follow someone in a gate.
Sure if we get alot more players on Siege it may be a little harded but it really was not a problem in the past. Most Siege players do have more than one char already.

-If someone wrongs you it would be impossible to get back at them as that player wouldnt be playing that character all the time and you wouldnt know who his characters are.
Follow him to his house and see who else live there. We may need to unnerf tracking if we get more char slots but stealthers sure need a nerf.

-loss of your unique status, as everyone doest need other people any more
That have nothing to do with char slots, it have to do with other changes to the game. In the past, most PvP'ers would buy a new suit, weapon and regs from a local shop or a shop near the place they died. Now the shops are gone because GM armor and weapons become useless and expensive items would make the vendors eat up the profite. My vendors died with AoS and ML made it even worse. Alot players had several account before AoS and each char was unique and had his/her own reputations.

-last and this is the one that really makes up my mind is simply, on siege you have one character to embody who you are and thus you must rely on others, me for instance, Im a pvper and thus I need crafters to keep me going so I dont attack other crafters and also I must keep a good relationship with people, I wouldnt want to kill a guy thats a T hunter because I may need his services.
I had a PK guild living side my Tina Tinks shop, they did buy everything they needed from the shop. They would never attack Tina Tink and if someone attacked her, they would defend her.

Same PK guild would attack Freja and all but one of them would loot too. They did know I was same player but Freja was not a crafter selling them items, that was Tina Tink.
For some that may be wierd but to me it was ok, when I was on Freja, I was a PvP player looking for PvP but when on Tina Tink, I was a crafter, looking for customers and sure not for PvP.

That PK guild was not the only ones who would act different depending of what char I was on. In game, Tina and Freja are 2 different characters, they may be sisters but they each have their own life.
It would not make any diff if they was on same account.

Most importantly a big part of the siege populas are those people who play this game for the unique ability to be a shop keeper of sorts and thus dont fight or pvp, they live to make money from their business and if we all had crafters these important people would lose their niche
I don't see why, even when they do have 3 chars instead of one with 8-10 soulstones, they can only play one at the time and they can't craft faster.
If they don't like to PvP, they won't make a PvP char too.

That is why I say NAY to adding any characters slots to siege, yes it would save me money but it would destroy the world I love and thus I wouldnt have a desire to play the 4 accounts I own.
If you can affort 4 accounts now, I think you would keep them for the houses and maybe for the vet rewards, some great new ones on the way.
Also you can't just insta logout your ghost and login a new char on same account to try to kill the one who killed you unless your ghost are in a inn or a house you are friended too.

If more char slots will help us get more players, I'm all for it.

And when we are on it, remove the 3x prices from Siege too, it's outdated and are killing our vendors and life on the sea.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hate the idea of a second character. I certainly don't think it will do anything for the population.

B

Black magick

Perhaps we should do the arguing on the siege forum before coming here? Afterall, the only ones who will be heard are the ones who actually post on U-hall (not many). But I agree with GG and Haha, those of us who only use one account don't have a route to play the other parts of the game. So I'd be for adding one and only one character slot to siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really hate the idea of a second character. I certainly don't think it will do anything for the population.
Hoffs do you only have one account?

I see players with several accounts tells they are against a second char, it does not make sense to me.

Many who choose to play Siege do already have multi accounts, the one with one account only may make a char here but only very few of them will make it their main char, they will still play most of their time on old shard.

They are dammed, they do only have one account and if no rewards left, soulstones will be expensive. If they can't affort a second account, they will also have hard with finding the money to buy soulstones from EA.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I change my vote. I don't care either way. There's good and bad. 1 character per account isn't the defining quality of Siege. 2 sounds like a good number too.

:scholar:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could go for a second char slot on Siege. I don't play it a lot, but it'd be nice to have more than just my crafter there.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am new'ish to Siege. I actually played a thief there a year or so ago but gave up on it for one reason: Lack of housing for me. I have a 10+ year old account on Catskills complete with 3 grandfathered houses. I will not give those up for a small house on Siege, no matter how much I like playing there or how little I like playing on Catskills. Too much invested.

That being said, I vote NO on an extra slot. Would it be neat to have another character on the same account? Sure. I'd enjoy it. However, the cons (mostly listed in this thread) outweigh the pros. It won't bring more players to Siege and that's what Siege needs. Siege needs more players without "dumbing down" the shard. I think an extra housing slot would do that, not an extra character.

B

BartofCats

ok I dont play siege much.. i do have a character there. But from an outsider looking in, the thought of "one char" doesn't appeal to me. I even asked, I know its hard core but "why one character and not two?" and i always got the same response.. because you cant.

Theres 2 things keeping me from going to Siege full time. 1) lack of characters and yes even 2 is good enough to get me there.
2) ROT.. and if this change actually goes through it might make it a little easier to play there as a new player.

So while i respect the opinions of all the Siege players here, the attraction of an "easier" ROT gain, and a second character may attract more players over there. I don't honestly know. Hard to say really. But even if it attracts 10 more people over there, your population would double. LOL kidding guys and gals.

I however will not vote as i am not totally dedicated to playing Siege.

A

archite666

But thats the point, we want people to come for our unique play style, not because its only one step from trammel.

How would having two char slots increase population? Iv already argued with enough and I wont beat a dead mule.

A

archite666

here I stole this from my Siege Perilous thread.

Someone please explain to me how having an extra character on a shard someone doest play on, makes them want to play on it?

I mean if everyone is in agreement, I will shut my mouth and be ready with the "I told ya sos" if it goes bad,

But please do not dress it as the thing that everyone on siege wants most-more people.

Do not say this change will effect population, because we all know thats a soft spot for all of us.

but really how does a second slot help get people to play?

If someone could explain that to me, then of course Il agree to the change.

But why risk more populace on something like this, which I and many others feel, is a really bad idea? Why not invest time into fixing other things that will make people come here?

Fix
-factions
-pvp
-tamers
-loot drops

Dont settle on any random change just because someone threw the idea out there.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really don't agree with everything that was said in this thread about a 2nd character slot.

For starters, we are still capable of keeping track of those who have multiple chars on Siege already. It's not like every other shard where you can have 14 characters on 2 accounts, it's still, a very low number.

The second thing is that, by having a 2nd character slot, people will be able to switch onto different chars that they would enjoy playing. A crafter, could make a monster hunter, a t-hunter, or even a PvPer... it would enhance their time spent playing and I really can't fathom how that would hurt our community in any way what-so-ever.

People who run shops, run those shops because thats what they want to do. In my guild, we all have access to mule characters... but the majority of us rely on the other crafters on Siege because we don't want to play that playstyle. If we did, we would. It's just not the same...

I just really, really, really don't see how this would be a bad thing for us all...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Someone please explain to me how having an extra character on a shard someone doest play on, makes them want to play on it?

I mean if everyone is in agreement, I will shut my mouth and be ready with the "I told ya sos" if it goes bad,

But please do not dress it as the thing that everyone on siege wants most-more people.

Do not say this change will effect population, because we all know thats a soft spot for all of us.

But why risk more populace on something like this, which I and many others feel, is a really bad idea? Why not invest time into fixing other things that will make people come here?

Fix
-factions
-pvp
-tamers
-loot drops

OK. Cash, you are not a dork. While I am hesitant to sign on, I am still open.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i run 3 accounts . all of them quite old . i dont want to change any of my characters . they are who they have been . i took one of my guys to elf because of the restrictions on cu cydhes . (hes a tamer ... not much of a choice realy when you made pads unblessable ... still dont know why you did that really)

point im guess im trying to make here is i REALLY dont want to make any of them gargoyls . they were born human and id really like to keep them that way.

if you make new areas and new stuff that is gargoyl specific players like me are going to lose out . sure id like to take part in all the new gargoyl stuff , but i wont dis my characters herratage . i did it once already and felt dirty doing it . please dont make me do it again .

a seccond slot isnt going to "trammify" siege . it may take a little while to figure out the new alts but im sure those who watch poeples fighting styles are going to figure it out . no different than name change tokens really. as long as were not being asked to figure out annother 6 chars . just one more should be fine.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to add my 2 cents,I am not a sige player and I still do not want an extra char slot.All I want is a better way to skill up my char there,in which the devs have just given the rot a change in pub 55.so I may decide to try and rasie my char there once more.

I am a 4 year vet and hate the fact That I have to slowly rasie skills on a char I should just be able to build up in a few short weeks and just to be competitive.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Fix
-factions
-pvp
-tamers
-loot drops

I'll bite.

They are adding in Gargoyles with SA and given the track record we have experienced with getting our issues the attention they deserve... we should be considering this change now, so we don't have to ask for it in the future when we are annoyed that we cant experience new content without having to delete an already existing character we already love and enjoy playing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really don't agree with everything that was said in this thread about a 2nd character slot.

For starters, we are still capable of keeping track of those who have multiple chars on Siege already. It's not like every other shard where you can have 14 characters on 2 accounts, it's still, a very low number.

The second thing is that, by having a 2nd character slot, people will be able to switch onto different chars that they would enjoy playing. A crafter, could make a monster hunter, a t-hunter, or even a PvPer... it would enhance their time spent playing and I really can't fathom how that would hurt our community in any way what-so-ever.

People who run shops, run those shops because thats what they want to do. In my guild, we all have access to mule characters... but the majority of us rely on the other crafters on Siege because we don't want to play that playstyle. If we did, we would. It's just not the same...

I just really, really, really don't see how this would be a bad thing for us all...
I can only agree to this. I know alot players love playing around with templates.
Even when we have soulstones, I hate to drop some of my PvP/PvM skills on stones and make my char temperery weak when training new skills for the char. I rather would make a new char and train up my new skills. I would still be able to logon my main and play as I use too without being temperery weak.

A second char would give people so much more freedom to test out new skills.

I also agree, some players will never play a crafter and some will never play a PvP'er, more slots won't changes that.

I'm not sure what I would make, maybe sneaky poisoner/ninja char if that are possible with 720 skills cap.

A

Alrich

I think its more of a hey siege, you want to try the new content too without opening a second (or third or eighth) account! Sheesh. And think of upgrading your 4 accounts to enjoy new content with all your chars.

Take a bone when its thrown :scholar: :D

edit:

Just for siege, it would be neat if second char shared same name/faction (if applicable) as the original character though. (dunno how hard that would be to code)

Far as the crafter mule thing, maybe people will do that for gm armor or burning the random hammer but the top end crafter stuff and bod rewards take a little more dedication then that, and stocking vendors too. So I don't see TOO many crafters really threatened by this.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone on Siege find out if this 2nd character will be added in free or if you have to buy a code for it?
I'm figuring that you will have to buy the code for it.

If you have to buy the code for the second character slot you probley wouldnt buy a code for each multiple account you have. you would probley just buy 1 or none at all.

The players that have only one account would you be willing to buy that second character slot ?

Now since you might have to pay for the second character slot would it change your mind for having or not having it?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just for siege, it would be neat if second char shared same name/faction (if applicable) as the original character though. (dunno how hard that would be to code)
Why that? lets say I have my red and want to make a treasure hunter or a blue PvM player, why should that char be forced to share name with Freja? She would have a total different playstyle and a different UO life.

Or maybe I wanted a Factions char (I doubt it), why should she be forced to share name with Freja or even worse with Tina Tink?

If you don't know it, the game was meant to be a RP game.

Far as the crafter mule thing, maybe people will do that for gm armor or burning the random hammer but the top end crafter stuff and bod rewards take a little more dedication then that, and stocking vendors too. So I don't see TOO many crafters really threatened by this.
I agree in that.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Anyone on Siege find out if this 2nd character will be added in free or if you have to buy a code for it?
I'm figuring that you will have to buy the code for it.
I really don't see why I should have to buy a code, I already pay for 7 char slots on my accounts but I only have one.

Paying for a second char slot would again make RL money effect who will have advantage on Siege.

If you have to buy the code for the second character slot you probley wouldnt buy a code for each multiple account you have. you would probley just buy 1 or none at all.
I don't think it would make much diff, I think most only will make second chars on their 1-2 main accounts anyway when you can't move skills between accounts.

The players that have only one account would you be willing to buy that second character slot ?
I have 4 accounts I play + a few temp house holders. I would pay for a second char slot for 2 of my accounts. Ok I know, I'm crazy so maybe I would end up upgrading all 4 accounts.

Now since you might have to pay for the second character slot would it change your mind for having or not having it?
I can affort it so it would not make me changes my mind but I fear it would stop alot from choosing Siege.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't think we'd have to pay for the extra character slot per se, but I think it's entirely possible it will be like the 7th char slot for production shards, part of the package which is the SA expansion.

I'd wish it weren't, I wish it were likely to be something added a couple of publishes or so in the future, but realistically SA is what I expect.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't see why I should have to buy a code, I already pay for 7 char slots on my accounts but I only have one.
I agree with you that you shouldnt have to, but I see it coming out as a code you have to buy because you will need a code to add the 2nd character in like you add to add in the 7th character.
Paying for a second char slot would again make RL money effect who will have advantage on Siege
I agree here with you also.
Since Siege is a shard that as rules that are slightly different from the productions shards like one character, one blessed item, and no transfering on or off of Siege. Im sure there is more but since I dont play Siege, but being a neutral player I see Seige has being Unique one of a kinda shard. and to add a 2nd character slot after all these years would take part of that uniqueness away. If I played on Siege I wouldnt want that uniqueness taken away no matter what, and one day when I do have time to play on Siege I would like it to be like it is. Main reason the question was asked was most likely to do with the gargoyle character and having to make a new character to have one. Since you can only have 1 Siege character per account would leave Siege players that play Siege out of having 1 unless they delete their character( I dont see that happening) or open a new account.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna say I would prefer just one slot per account, BUT it wouldn't really be that big a deal. I think the amount of siege diehards with only one account are probably the minority anyway.

Oh, and I will make another crafter probably. :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I agree here with you also.
Since Siege is a shard that as rules that are slightly different from the productions shards like one character, one blessed item, and no transfering on or off of Siege.
Alot had changed sinse Siege was born. It was other thing that made a diff between normal shards and Siege when Siege was born.

Here is the original Siege Perilous Playguide SIEGE_PERILOUS_playguide.doc

Also normal shards did changes, They have Trammel now, they do not have stat loss, they have reds in town in Fel and I think no gating in/out of Fel dungeons.

We do have alot more templates now, we have accounts with 20+ soulstones and we have players with 4+ accounts, lots of mills and items.

Being new on Siege is not fun when old SP players do have lots of advantage. Being able to make both a crafter and a PvM/P char can make a mega diff. I started with 2 accounts on Siege the day it was born, I'm not sure I had been there if I had not been able to afford that.

Im sure there is more but since I dont play Siege, but being a neutral player I see Seige has being Unique one of a kinda shard. and to add a 2nd character slot after all these years would take part of that uniqueness away.
Soulstones messed up that long ago and made it harder for new SP players to complete with one char and no soulstones.

If I played on Siege I wouldnt want that uniqueness taken away no matter what, and one day when I do have time to play on Siege I would like it to be like it is.
The question do that one char rule really do anything good for Siege or are it one of the reasons Siege is a desert. If we want more life on Siege, we need to be open for changes.

Main reason the question was asked was most likely to do with the gargoyle character and having to make a new character to have one. Since you can only have 1 Siege character per account would leave Siege players that play Siege out of having 1 unless they delete their character( I dont see that happening) or open a new account.
Yes I asked Jeremy "Where do I put my Gargoyle with only one char slot on Siege, will we again lose players who go back to normal shards to test out a new template"

I had seen that happen each time we got a new exp pack with new templates and alot never came back to Siege. Siege need more players not less.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have mixed emotions about this.

I wouldn't cancel any of my accounts because they are old and I don't want to lose the rewards. Though, I can see that happening with other players.

I would rather see Siege players get housing in addition to their prod shard housing than see Siege get another character slot.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

I wouldn't cancel any of my accounts because they are old and I don't want to lose the rewards. Though, I can see that happening with other players.
Why would they cancel their account.

I would rather see Siege players get housing in addition to their prod shard housing than see Siege get another character slot.
No way, want a house on Siege, make it to your main shard, we do already have lots of ghost houses owned of players who stopped playing Siege years ago.
When the rules was one house on each shard, it was very hard for Siege players to find a house spot and a tower away from towns was sold for 6 mills.
I hope I never again will see non Siege players control the house marked on Siege.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The only way I would support that system is if it was like the old system where you have to refresh your house once every 9 days in order for it not to IDOC and crumble to the ground.

That way, if you slap down a house on Siege and never come back... we can free up the space for people who actually play.

Of course, if the Siege house is your only house or if its grandfathered... then auto refresh should work as it does now.

This is the only way I'd support additional housing for people on other shards. I'm sure its the only compromise our community would agree to... too.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alot had changed sinse Siege was born. It was other thing that made a diff between normal shards and Siege when Siege was born.

Here is the original Siege Perilous Playguide SIEGE_PERILOUS_playguide.doc

Also normal shards did changes, They have Trammel now, they do not have stat loss, they have reds in town in Fel and I think no gating in/out of Fel dungeons.

We do have alot more templates now, we have accounts with 20+ soulstones and we have players with 4+ accounts, lots of mills and items.

Being new on Siege is not fun when old SP players do have lots of advantage. Being able to make both a crafter and a PvM/P char can make a mega diff. I started with 2 accounts on Siege the day it was born, I'm not sure I had been there if I had not been able to afford that.

Soulstones messed up that long ago and made it harder for new SP players to complete with one char and no soulstones.

The question do that one char rule really do anything good for Siege or are it one of the reasons Siege is a desert. If we want more life on Siege, we need to be open for changes.

Yes I asked Jeremy "Where do I put my Gargoyle with only one char slot on Siege, will we again lose players who go back to normal shards to test out a new template"

I had seen that happen each time we got a new exp pack with new templates and alot never came back to Siege. Siege need more players not less.
I always thought Siege stayed the same never changeing thats only because I never created a character there. Well I learned something new :).

M

MoonglowMerchant

I think its more of a hey siege, you want to try the new content too without opening a second (or third or eighth) account! Sheesh. And think of upgrading your 4 accounts to enjoy new content with all your chars.

Take a bone when its thrown :scholar: :D
You don't have to open a second account now. You just stone your skills, delete your character, make a garg, then transfer your skills back.

There is no need for a second slot and I am against it.

Having only one character builds community. You need other people to gate you, or rez your pet, or fix your armor. Community is the best thing Siege has going for it. Don't mess that up.

C

Corrupted Goblin

You don't have to open a second account now. You just stone your skills, delete your character, make a garg, then transfer your skills back.

There is no need for a second slot and I am against it.

Having only one character builds community. You need other people to gate you, or rez your pet, or fix your armor. Community is the best thing Siege has going for it. Don't mess that up.
I agree with MM on this

M

MoonglowMerchant

You missed a sentence:

Spend a few million on skill and stat scrolls.
You are correct about that. I never worry too much about skill or stat scrolls. Gold is pretty easy to get...training skills not so much.