• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

poo's disco primer

G

Gark

To start this isnt mine. Its poo's. bless you, i couldnt bump the original post, so next best thing.

wanna get to 120 discord fast with no hassle?

get GM music (or 70 and ring up to 100)
buy up discord from GM bard NPC to like 30
find a nice quiet place in a town, i used fel cause no one ever in fel.
had my tamer go out and tame me animals, had some friends help to, so i would have about 10 of each animal at any given time lined up, stand 10 spaces back from the line of animals and discrod my way down the line, by the time i hit the last one the first one was out of discord (if not back up a pace, keep backing up till your discord wears off faster, about 10 - 11 tiles)
you can do this all the way from 0 discord all the way to 120.

going from top down this is what we used.

120-90 hiryu's
90-70 nightmares
70-60 Scorpion, hell hounds
60-50 Frenzied Ostard, Giant Ice Serpent
50-30 Polar Bear

you can pretty much use anything ya want, as long as you check the barding difficulty and make sure its at the right range. some odd ball critters had to be weeded out of the line up at the wall do to really off barding difficulty, and some we were able to get a line of really low one and another line of really high ones.

all animals were left tamed and blue, the tamers would frined all the pets to one tamer, and he would swing in ever few hours and feed the pets to keep them nice and loyal.

used normal instrament from the tinker shop.

shot up to GM, then GM - 120 was slow, but the gains were steady.

no movment, no worries about dying, just reallllllly boreing.

hope this may help some of you, you can put in any kind of critters ya want as long as they are the proper barding level, for those who dont know (as i didnt) lets say the animals barding difficulty is 50. that means with GM music and you have 50 skill in discord you will be sucessfull 50% of the time. once your discord is at 75 you will no longer gain off this animal, and if your discord is below 25 you will not gain off this animal, you have a + and - 25 point windown from the barding difficulty assigned to the animal which you will gain at.

with this in mind you can find a lot of one control slot animals (ozzies, forest, desert, frenzies) and they can have barding difficulties all over the map, so they can actually take you a long way just by switching them out.

have fun, if your into no risk training and have 5 days to kill there ya go.
3 days of that will be GM to 120.

this link to the barding difficult for ALL animals is sweet killer barding difficulty lists, both by numerical and alphabetic
the list dosnt contain the Samuri Empire animals and is a little out of date, but those critters you can look up at stratics monster guide.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
stop playing with your Poo.

sicko!

you can water that down even more.

0-33 buy from the GM NPC Guildmaster.
33-65 polar bears
65-87 giant beetles
87-120 (if ya want) cu sidhe
(hiryus are better for top end gains)

you can GM in 2 days.
ive done it like 20 times now.
100 to 120 takes ya another day or 2 at the most.

id recomend nussleling up to a tamer and having him drop off 10 of each of the above animals somewhere for ya.

that gives ya a nice stock of the critters.
discord each one, then invis for 14 seconds.

then you too can be one of the farming god's!

forever your dutifull servant
poo

D

DraztikMethodz

<blockquote><hr>

sicko!

33-65 polar bears
65-87 giant beetles

you can GM in 2 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this list better too, makes it much easier, though I only use polar bears till 50, then use gamans till 70-72, then kirins till I'm able to use cu sidthe. But using non agressives gives you one less thing to worry about.

Oh and if I haven't said this before, thanks Poo, you rock!

Woulda never finished discord without your list to help

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*peels off hat and bows deep in a flourish clumsy movments*

D

DraztikMethodz

Hey Poo, I got a question for you. will this discord list work with provoke as well?

thinking about dropping peace for provoke on mage/bard since I really don't use peace to often anymore and its useless in doom or on peerless. not really looking forward to working it, though I guess if I can 120 disco twice it shouldn't be to bad huh?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yes it does as a matter of fact

ive 120'd x 5 doing it.
usually i work discord and provo in tandum.
so ill work disco up to 50, then provo.
then work disco up to 75, then provo
ect ect ect

D

DraztikMethodz

sweet giving it a try... so far gone from 32 to 65 in about 4-5 hours so looking good so far, thanks

G

<blockquote><hr>

sicko!

33-65 polar bears
65-87 giant beetles

you can GM in 2 days.

id recomend nussleling up to a tamer and having him drop off 10 of each of the above animals somewhere for ya.

that gives ya a nice stock of the critters.
discord each one, then invis for 14 seconds.

then you too can be one of the farming god's!

forever your dutifull servant
poo

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I am do ing EXACTLY what your are saying to do, and it has taking me 30 hours to go from 105.0 to 113.1 Discord (GM Music) and im using Hiryu's. I mean its going up steady but no where at all close to how long yo are saying.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there are ways of tweaking it to go even faster.
PM me and we can chat, maybe i can find some way to speed ya up.

M

Madis

Since we're talking about getting gains here, I have a question to ask.

I've gotten Disco up to mid 80's so far, and decided that I was gonna try using a macro to make it a bit less tedious. UO macro reads:

last target
use skill disco
wait for target
target next

Macro works just fine, except for the fact that it wants to target things that are wayyyyy off screen. I have all these beautiful animals in front of me and it's targeting a mongbat that's a screen and a half away. Any suggestions as to a change in the macro I could make to keep the disco on a critter that I can actually see?

By the way Poo, thanks for all the info.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
why are you using stuff like 'target next' and 'wait for target'????

just make a big macro and target each animal individually.
sure its a bigger macro.
but then your getting the proper animal each time.

use skill (disco)
target (animal #1)
pause (however long lag dependant for your connection)
use skill (disco)
target (animal #2)
use skill (disco)
target (animal #3)
ect
ect
ect
ect

M

Madis

<blockquote><hr>

why are you using stuff like 'target next' and 'wait for target'????

[/ QUOTE ]
Why...Why??? Head up butt syndrome, lol.

I didnt even think....I was using the same macro that I used earlier. I used to go to the spawn of fairies near spirituality, stand around discoing until everyone moved, and then I'd stroll back to the crowd. lol

thx Poo, lol

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

thx Poo

[/ QUOTE ]

at any time in your life did you ever think youd type that phrase!

G

I used Cu sidhes - 10 of them from 96 skill to 120. did it twice now with provoke and disco

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
stone your 120 music

work music up from 0 to GM again.
your music is pushing your disco too high is what the problem sounds like.
what is your disco at?

you have to remember that tamed and released cu's usualy have like around 90 barding diff.
so if your music is 120 and your using a EX drum then your gonna be WAY over that level, so far over it that you wont gain.

so either you can stone your music and work it back to GM which will take you a couple hours.
and be sure you are NPC purchased drums or tambs.

or you can keep your music on and go do something like the trapped tenticle of the harrower in Kaldun.

that would be my suggestion.

G

ill try those tentacles. or train music up. thankyou for the info ill repost on ehre my findings.

I

imported_silent

Can't you just one target since they removed the multiple target thing from skill gain?

From Stratics...
Continuation: Once Discordance has been used on a target, the bard must remain alive, visible, and within range of the target or the effect ends.

So discord, cast invis, discord, repeat...

S

Shakur

you could but then it would take longer

only one disco per 10 secs of invis
you could disco 10 animals then 10 secs of invis in not a much longer period of time

G

update in over a week i have only gotten .2 from 115 disco. im not 115.2 and i have been slamming disco on df over and over and over to get those 2 gains

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just an update for you.
i went and made yet another disco tamer.
this time on Baja.
got to 115 disco in 2 days.

so i dont know what to tell ya man.

G

Gaarken

<blockquote><hr>

just an update for you.
i went and made yet another disco tamer.
this time on Baja.
got to 115 disco in 2 days.

so i dont know what to tell ya man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to Baja :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you got any 115 magic PS on baja?
cant seem to find any.

G

Yay I have joined the elite of 120 disco bards. Just reached it this afternoon getting from 40-120 took a day to a day and a half. It might have been a day and a half to two days but I took some time off because I thought I hit a wall but I actually just forgot to eat my 120 disco scroll.
Anyway from 40-58 I did polars bears and from that to 88 I did beetles. I think I would actually do beetles around 55 because at 58 I would go through 12 cycles of discoing 12 bears with no gains but then when I did beetles sometimes I would gain 2 or 3 points in one cycle. then from 88 to 120 cu sidhes. I'm so excited right now. The only thing is I have to look for a 120 music scroll now.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we are the elite my friend.
let us take a second to bathe in our own pride.
*pride molement*

ok, thats enough of that, lets continue.

so, went to baja and started up a few toon's there.
made my regular disco/tamer.
then made a pure bard.
then made a 2nd pure bard on my other account (cause its easy and i like it!)

did a little change up in the old training animals to make it (wait for it) even EASIER!!!!!!

what!?!?!?!??!

that cant be right, poo said EASIER!?!?!??!!

yes my children, come suckle on my zipples of knoledge and i shall enlighten you all as to what i have done.

hehehe.

so it was a easy change.
the problem was, well it was with them beetles.
they are kinda a pain to tame cause they aggress on ya, and then once ya release them, they agress on ya again, which makes dropping more off hard, ya gotta invis, then run around a bit, release the new one before the others attack it, ect ect ect.

pain.

so i tryed this out, and was pleasanlly suprised that it worked good.
so lets call this the 2007 non agressive list.

0-33 NPC purchase
33-65 polar bears
65-85 GAMAN's
85-110 (120) cu sidhe
110-120 this is optional, as cu's will take ya there easy enough, but some people think they work faster, but they dont, but ill add it anyways cause im bored and feel like typing something - hiryus. well i guess hiryus are really not good for this list, as they ARE AGRESSIVE, so stick with cu's.

so i did that as it stands 3 times.
worked good.
i couldnt remember the exact numbers that i switched at, but that looks about right.

i did those for both disco and provo.
enjoy.

G

GuitarStrings129

you must really love playing a pure bard. . . .
can you solo anything with that template?

G

GuitarStrings129

I hit a gain wall.
73.3 disco
106.5 music

10x Gaman

ive gotten the last .3 in about 6 hours.

I

imported_Thom

I may be wrong but it might be because of your music. I think Poo means for you to have GM music while training. Over GM and you get a bonus to disco which lowers the effective difficulty of the critter.

I

imported_Fran Fury

Although disco can be slow anyways. Having Gm music is a very important part. Either drop your music down to gm or soulstone it and train music back up to gm.

G

GuitarStrings129

dropped it down to GM.
trained it last night and most of today (very slow day at work was able to log in LOL)

Gm music
73.8-76 about......7 hours including last night and today
10x gamans.

should i try a diff animal?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
have a tamer swing in and check their barding diff.

but just from a quick look id say ya, switch to giant beetles or something.

L

Levi_Pac

I'm just confirming that Poo's awesome non-aggressive Disco list does work.

I just hit 120 Disco as my first legendary skill ever!! (I originally Left UO shortly after Factions were released and just came back)

I also have to say that it took FOREVER. From 0 to 120 I estimate 50 hours give or take. I even had 15-20 animals at all times except for cu sidhe's in which case I only had 10 or 11.

I want to restate some things that have been said in this thread to help those of you grinding away.

Cu Sidhes WILL take you to 120 FASTER that hiyru's will.
Why you ask? the average Hiyru that I tamed had an average barding difficulty of 90-95 so only the best barding difficulty hiyru's will even let it be possible to hit 120. 90+25=115

It is easy to get Cu Sidhes with a barding difficulty of 98-100 just kill the rest. If a pup has an untamed barding difficulty of 130 once tamed the difficulty will be around 99. Just kill anything that Lores below 128 and save the good ones.

Don't forget to use regular instruments and only 100 music. Again thats 100 in music. Less is bad and more is... more bad! (That said, I had 100.6 the whole way and it wasn't a problem)

And For those of you who were around, this seemed to be a bigger pain in the butt that GM-ing smithing Pre Trammel

Good luck and don't give up! <font color="black"> </font>

I

imported_PrimalFear

all animals were left tamed and blue, the tamers would frined all the pets to one tamer, and he would swing in ever few hours and feed the pets to keep them nice and loyal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave all the animals tamed and blue? When I try that, says my discord will have no effect on this animal. So I released them. Had a few stay put where I could discord them easily, but most ran off and scattered so I had to chase them down therefore slowing my gains immensely.

If someone on Atlantic could icq (467654905) me and perhaps show me in person how this is done, I would be forever in their debt.

G

There's no way to keep them in place that's legal.

That said, theres some nice small islands here and there...

G

You can solo almost anything with a pure bard. I say almost, because I'm not sure you can do dreadhorn or other peerless.

I know you can solo ancient wyrms and balrons and such. I solo level 6 Tmap spawn all the time with my pure bard.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if your real good, and fast, DOOM solo is fun.
very VERY fast, and at times, harry.
but i roll with it a lot, its a challange.

other then that, every other moster in game is fair game.

but peerless, cant do them, well not fast enough to make it worth while.
but if you go to help some people you can do it up.
disco, EVs, if anything spawns, put it on the boss.

D

daithi

I have been following this guide religiously and gains are SLOW, but it works. I noticed a mistake I made, I had been using GM instruments because they have twice the uses :) AND it was fine for the first half of a new animal, but gains STOPPED, and I then realized I should switch to NPC instruments. Just an FYI to anyone who wants to follow this.

PS ADMINS it would be wonderful if this was sticked, or better yet put in the FAQ.

I

imported_Fran Fury

Agreed this really needs to at least be stickified.

And a note, when I was in the Gamen range I was going slow, it was gaining but slow for some reason. So I switched to unicorns and the gains got much faster for me. Unicorns can take you up enough until cus. Just another option.
I seem to have had better luck getting a tamer to get me 10 unis then I am getting one to get me 10 good cus though.

Z

zarroc

Ive been using Gamans from 66- to now 76.8 the gains have really slowed from 75 on ( about .1 every 368 attempts) Is there a better way to get to GM? at this rate it will take weeks! My music is 100.1 , provo 85.5 ( waiting on disco to catch up so i can train both on the same targets) and peace is 120.

R

Ra\/en

Umm I think that Fran Fury just answered your question. You should have read his/her post before replying to it.

Try Unicorns. You could also use Kirins in there.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the animals i posted are what i would call the 'easy' list.
those are the best non agressive animals that you can train off of, and the list of them is very widelly spaced.

if a person really wanted to train faster, all you need to do is go look at the BARDING DIFFICULTY list and you can basically switch animals every 5 points all the way from 0-120 and youd gain faster.

but, alas, most of them arnt tamable.
so that rules out parking them somewhere easy to trian off of, hahahhaha.

and dont bother asking to get this stickied.
this is probablly the 10th such post of "poo's discording" and for some reason im black listed from stratics

you all should have seen the original post i made, it had like 15 pages of replys, it had several THOUSAND hits, it was trully a colaberation of all the bard that where around at the time.
but, alas, it got locked and floated away into the dead thread zone.

but thats ok.
cause where all still here.
mods come and go, but the good old Poo is still here to tweak your nipples with tales of barding!!!!

K

kokopelli

I'm following that excellent guide now, too.
At 78 and working on 5 gamans.
But I dont understand exactly why I would need more than 1 of each kind?
I mean its disco, wait 10, disco, wait 10, ....invis, wait 14 - why do you all say to use 10 or even more critters?

G

The trick was to discord them all, but stand back far enough that the discord will decay on it's own and you can cycle thru the critters. That way you don't have to invis ever - making it slightly faster.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
croaker.... you sig.... Blondy..... sick man

K

kokopelli

Ah ok, got ya.
Oh well, I planned a full week training time anyway so I guess it does not really matter that much if I only use 2 or 3 dogs or those 10.
I'm in no hurry...

G

I would personally call "a week" being in a terrible hurry.

I gained ~0.1 per hour from GM to 120 with constant discording. That's 200 hours, which is more than a week.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

But I dont understand exactly why I would need more than 1 of each kind?
I mean its disco, wait 10, disco, wait 10, ....invis, wait 14 - why do you all say to use 10 or even more critters?

[/ QUOTE ]
When training over a long period of time, it is really easy to see why you would want more animals to disco. doing just one, it takes 24 seconds, if you do 10 at a time it takes 114 seconds. When you figure it out for, lets say 1,000 discords:
One at a time would be 24,000 seconds or a little over 6.5 hours.
Doing 10 at a time would be 11,400 seconds or a little over 3 hours.
Big difference.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and great guide Poo, I had to switch from Gamans to Giant Beetles at 70, the gains were getting really slow.

But using agressive animals is a pain when it comes to putting them in the "pen".

Question for the board, I see some people say to switch to Unicorns, and to be honest, I have never tamed one. If I remeber correctly, a male character can tame them, but not ride them? And I take it they are not agressive?

**edit** Hmmm from the looks of the hunters guide, they can only be tamed by female characters. Guess thats why I have never tamed one...lol.