• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 116.1 Comes to TC1

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this is just certain areas? There will need to be a lot more spawn. The whole overland of Tokuno does not have fast enough spawn for 20 players. This will not go well. Don't tell me Onis are excluded as well....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mempo is medable

dont give me +3 lmc bonus
Cah verified the mempo is not medable. It is metal so just 1 extra LMC. Stats make up for it not being studded. Gloves also metal. Paladin arms metal. So no 55LMC with the event suit.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Several of these artifacts are too powerful.

Mempo - 36 stats PLUS HCI, DCI, LMC and decent resists?
Raiment chest - 10 stats, 6 regen, SDI, FCR, LMC and LRC?
Holy Warrior gloves - 40 stats, LMC, 15 skill points, reactive holy light, plate for stam protection?

Stats should be backed down a bit on the memo and gloves. Chest should not be giving both 20 LRC and 8 LMC on top of the SDI and FCR.

Don't get me wrong - these items are really cool - really powerful - but these are just exorbitant in terms of the stats for a turn in event.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so what is the spawn, what slayer types?
Lots of different spawn, with some native spawn to the region, and some generalized spawn throughout all the Treasures areas. Frost Mites, Skeletal Dragons, Rune Beetles, Lady of the Snow, Liches, Tsuki Wolves, and Snow Elementals seem to be the generalized spawn that can appear anywhere in the Treasures areas.
The Frost Mites have no Slayer, and the Paragon versions of them rapidly hit hard as hell (50-60 damage to all 70s Resists with no Swampy Armor), while their Cold Wind will easily interrupt Close Wounds/Confidence heal attempts.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Several of these artifacts are too powerful.

Mempo - 36 stats PLUS HCI, DCI, LMC and decent resists?
Raiment chest - 10 stats, 6 regen, SDI, FCR, LMC and LRC?
Holy Warrior gloves - 40 stats, LMC, 15 skill points, reactive holy light, plate for stam protection?

Stats should be backed down a bit on the memo and gloves. Chest should not be giving both 20 LRC and 8 LMC on top of the SDI and FCR.

Don't get me wrong - these items are really cool - really powerful - but these are just exorbitant in terms of the stats for a turn in event.
The Gloves of the Holy Warrior also have -30 Necromancy on them. They are not meant for Sampires to use.
With the sheer amount of good Rewards there are this time around, and how the event is going to run for less than two months (during a time when people are busy with the holidays), it's going to be very difficult affording all the Rewards you want. Especially with how tough some of the Paragon versions of these mobs are, particularly the Paragon Frost Mites and Paragon Skeletal Dragons (Skeletal Dragons are equivalent to Shadow Wyrms).

Last edited:

Grugot

Journeyman
Nothing too exciting for me on the gear. I'll probably farm it and then sell it after the event for 100s of millions of gold.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The Gloves of the Holy Warrior also have -30 Necromancy on them. They are not meant for Sampires to use.
I understand they're not for Sampires, they will be very nice addition for Paladin builds and become a best in slot for many... but they're still overpowered. 40 stats, 15 skill points, 8 lmc, a reactive spell? Power creep.

With the sheer amount of good Rewards there are this time around, and how the event is going to run for less than two months (during a time when people are busy with the holidays), it's going to be very difficult affording all the Rewards you want. Especially with how tough some of the Paragon versions of these mobs are, particularly the Paragon Frost Mites and Paragon Skeletal Dragons (Skeletal Dragons are equivalent to Shadow Wyrms).
I can't speak to the spawn rate, noting there is usually atleast one adjustment by the devs early in the process based on input they get from the community... but I think the timing of the event is sufficient. These things get stale if they are allowed to go on for 2-3 months. ~45ish days feels like a sweet spot. Hopefully they offer the potions like past events.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
what does raw jade do i wonder? 10 pts
maybe random looking statues or something in that green color ??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI Mempo is plate (item id 10105) garg necklace (item id 19723) is a plate amulet, garg kilt is plate (16468), do is studded (item id 10108), plate chest is stone (16474).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
what does raw jade do i wonder? 10 pts
maybe random looking statues or something in that green color ??
deco only
no pop-up when clicked
and you can walk through it in Trammel
(didn't check if it would block movement in fel)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone test yet if these will be transmog-able ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone test yet if these will be transmog-able ?
The kaboto is a target. I don't recall any other blank pieces or items that use the helm, robe or shield.

Someone needs to see if the bokuto can be reforged, but I doubt it can. They want to try and make elemental ones.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reply from Kyronix today

Kyronix Posts: 1,071Dev
2:08PM Flag
Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

Couple points coming in a -

• We are looking at the schedule to see how we can give a full 8 week deployment for the event. So you'll have plenty of time to get some goodies.
  • Updated the hue of the hiryu to be more in line with the hue design for the event
  • Story rewards are coming WW (not going to spoil those on TC1)
  • There's a lot of back and forth on some items being to OP, while others are saying they are right on, while others are asking for additional properties. That's usually a good sign we are right where want to be.
  • All items will show as Shard Bound in the redemption gump

Xoos

Journeyman
The kaboto is a target. I don't recall any other blank pieces or items that use the helm, robe or shield.

Someone needs to see if the bokuto can be reforged, but I doubt it can. They want to try and make elemental ones.
Imbued but can't be reforged.... Tested it out today

mihali

Sage
I see the one reward is the Undead Slayer Conjurer’s Trinket. Is this just an add in for a Halloween or does that mean there will be undead mixed in walking around the lands?

Slayer preference for this event?
There are undeads mixed in.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't trade original

I've never had one. I'll be back to UO tomorrow to see everything for real.

So need to pop it on the toon you want it on!
I'll want one as deco for my Zoo for sure.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks...

and o.0o.0o.0

Protector of the Battle Mage will be going in a chest quickly unless they nerf this.
It's about time. We used to use the old Do. This is a great upgrade.

My current chests have 20 + in each resist. 4 MR same LRC 10LMC 5 intel. This one 0 Intel.
My chests have +10 mana. This one has 0.
That is a loss of 15 mana.

My playstyle is not where I need more HP or Str.
I already have 7 FCR.

So do I downgrade to get 5 more SDI?

I do not see this chest as OP. I may get one for one of my 4 casters that has higher SDI than the others. But he also has the most mana of my guys. So do I lose MR and Mana to get 5 more SDI? If he can cast 1 more WoD or Thunderstorm in the old suit before running out of mana then this piece is not even equal powered much less overpowered.

IMO a PvPer would use all of this chests stats, unless he also needs that +15 mana pool.

We all have different playstyles we do not need @Merlin to tell us what we can and can not have.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pawain, stop trying to make this personal. I'm not taking the bait.
Do I need to show you telling Kyronix that you want to decide what players can and can not get on the other forums, which I will reserve this forum for arguments.

I don't use bait. I use facts. I have not seen you prove the mempo will give you better stats than your current dexxer suit.

I have shown you that this chest is a downgrade from my current one which may or may not benefit from the 5SDI.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Do I need to show you telling Kyronix that you want to decide what players can and can not get on the other forums, which I will reserve this forum for arguments.
Dude what? Is this some sort of a threat? Despite that Kyronix has been checking here from time to time, I've been copying and pasting my comments between Stratics and UO Forums almost word for word.

I finally got FireFox just to comment on this one topic due to its importance. There is nothing to hide.
The thread on the official forums is here:

I don't use bait. I use facts. I have not seen you prove the mempo will give you better stats than your current dexxer suit.
What does my dexxer suit have anything to do with the Mempo? I don't know what you're getting at with telling me to post up my sampire's stats, which is why I'm not playing into your games of making it personal.

The Mempo immediately becomes best Neck slot in the game. Looking at VS, I can hardly find something comparable.

Of the three items I am voicing my displeasure about the Sentinel's Mempo is far too powerful. 36 Stat points, HCI, DCI, LMC, good resists and stam protection? It's just too much. This item is already unique for having HCI and DCI and would still be used in many builds even if the stats are significantly pared back. As it currently stands, it jumps to the front of the line and becomes a best in slot item for almost every non-mage build. In my opinion, that's problematic and hurts other content in the game.

I feel mostly the same regarding the stats on the Warrior gloves as well. These are already going to be unique and help out paladin builds in a major way because of the skills. But 40 stat points? That's overkill. It hurts the glove market considerably, including even the gloves that came out in the last event. Stats should be pared back a bit on these too.

On the Raiment Do chest, while I think it's also a bit strong - it's not necessarily to the same extent I feel about the other two items. It's a great mage piece and becomes best in slot for basically all caster builds. I think best way to balance this one would be to bring regens down a notch and consider reducing the LRC.

Mind you, this is based on testing.

In my opinion, the Mempo, Gloves and Chest items are far too powerful. More so the Gloves and Mempo. We don't need a bunch of "best-in-slot" items to negatively affect the entire market for these slots.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is this some sort of a threat? Dude what? I finally got FireFox just to comment on this one topic due to its importance. There is nothing to hide. The thread on the official forums is here:

What does my dexxer suit have anything to do with the Mempo? I don't know what you're getting at with telling me to post up my sampire, which is why I'm not playing into your games of making it personal.

The Mempo immediately becomes best Neck slot in the game. Looking at VS, I can hardly find something comparable.

Of the three items I am voicing my displeasure about the Sentinel's Mempo is far too powerful. 36 Stat points, HCI, DCI, LMC, good resists and stam protection? It's just too much. This item is already unique for having HCI and DCI and would still be used in many builds even if the stats are significantly pared back. As it currently stands, it jumps to the front of the line and becomes a best in slot item for almost every non-mage build. In my opinion, that's problematic and hurts other content in the game.

I feel mostly the same regarding the stats on the Warrior gloves as well. These are already going to be unique and help out paladin builds in a major way because of the skills. But 40 stat points? That's overkill. It hurts the glove market considerably, including even the gloves that came out in the last event. Stats should be pared back a bit on these too.

On the Raiment Do chest, while I think it's also a bit strong - it's not necessarily to the same extent I feel about the other two items. It's a great mage piece and becomes best in slot for basically all caster builds. I think best way to balance this one would be to bring regens down a notch and consider reducing the LRC.

In my opinion, the Mempo, Gloves and Chest items are far too powerful. More so the Gloves and Mempo. We don't need a bunch of "best-in-slot" items to negatively affect the entire market for these slots.
If the big issue is only affecting the "market " then good i hope they ruin the market

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't think I will replace any gear on my sampire with the new rewards. The ozymandias hiryu (now apparently no longer green but re-hued black) is a nice visual upgrade to any sampire though.

The gloves of the holy warrior (kilt on gargoyle) and sentinental mempo (necklace on gargoyle) are pretty good for a thrower, making it easier to reach the 211 stamina requirement for 1.25 secs swings. Not sure if you can refine the necklace though, even if it is plate.

The chest is a good replacement for the mantle of the fallen or protector of the battle mage on a caster, but given the limited time this year, I probably only be able to only get one piece for my main mage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aren't these all going to be Shard Bound ? How are they going to ruin any market ?
Exactly. And another reason they are a choice that has plus and minus effects.

If you get one of these items and it is so good that you can upgrade your suit, you just became shard bound also. Otherwise you have to remember where your old items are and put them back on when you decide to go to another shard to do some event or meet someone new. This could be 2 years later and you forgot where you put the old ring, the old gorget. Etc

Making a toon shardbound can be a lot more negative than that +5 SDI.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dude what? Is this some sort of a threat? Despite that Kyronix has been checking here from time to time, I've been copying and pasting my comments between Stratics and UO Forums almost word for word.

I finally got FireFox just to comment on this one topic due to its importance. There is nothing to hide.
The thread on the official forums is here:

What does my dexxer suit have anything to do with the Mempo? I don't know what you're getting at with telling me to post up my sampire's stats, which is why I'm not playing into your games of making it personal.

Dude not only did you take the bait but you took the hook and sinker and the bobber

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

If you get one of these items and it is so good that you can upgrade your suit, you just became shard bound also. Otherwise you have to remember where your old items are and put them back on when you decide to go to another shard to do some event or meet someone new. This could be 2 years later and you forgot where you put the old ring, the old gorget. Etc

Mannequins are great for this

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Making ANYTHING Shard Bound is PURE LUNACY.

But I suspect that I have already told this once or twice... :cool::p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mannequins are great for this
I have Hundreds of mannequins and vendors.

Ya if I just had a few, that would be better than a chest. I have already misplaced items I used for luck at the bunny event. And I was using mannequins, but I built 6 luck suits so things got messy switching this and that, here and there. And I even dyed the suits different colors.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have Hundreds of mannequins and vendors.

Ya if I just had a few, that would be better than a chest. I have already misplaced items I used for luck at the bunny event. And I was using mannequins, but I built 6 luck suits so things got messy switching this and that, here and there. And I even dyed the suits different colors.
I name all my mannequins

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Merlin

Overpowered? Really?

Me with my last year TC copy. Protection on.

1697320062440.png

Me with the falsely claimed Overpowered Chest on.

1697320187291.png

Whooo Hooo I have 5 more SDI!

Have to find a new item to make up for the 3 less Physical resist.
I have 10 Less Mana.

All you see is a bunch of points on the item, most of those points do nothing for the average player.

Do you even try things out before proclaiming them OP and no new players should be able to get these items?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone asked if you can trade the new Hiryu when in pet form. You can not. I think a lot of players are going to open it on the wrong toons.