• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Low Level T Maps

Wharton

Adventurer
I used to get 100 turn in points for the low level t-maps that I would obtain from time to time on various creatures, but now they seem to only be getting 50 turn in points. Weird part is, sometimes I get the 100 points and sometimes I get the 50 points and the maps are all "stash" maps. Anyone else notice this/

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They lowered the amount of turn in when they did the treasure hunting changes. It is odd that some stash maps might be 100 but could be the facet they are on. I never trash fel maps, not even the lower ones. Were they on the same facet? Are you sure the next level didn't get mixed in?

Official UO Wiki shows the turn in points by scrolling to the bottom of the pade. Treasure Maps – Ultima Online

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Eben abter da mapz sayz all dun, yooz still git points fur trashing demz. Unlezz yooz lik habin 100 ob finished mapz lining yooz wallz fur memeoriez. Pfft hummiez soo weird.....

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Completed Map
Completed maps can be used to create a wall hanging to celebrate your accomplishments, even when trashed they are far from worthless. Treasure maps whether ‘tattered’ or fully completed have the same value for ‘clean up Britannia’ hand in, as follows:
  • Level 1 (stash) – 50 points
  • Level 2 (supply) – 100 points
  • Level 3 (cashe) – 250 points
  • Level 4 (hoard) – 500 points
  • Level 5 (trove) 750 points

If you're seeing something different the wiki needs updated.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What exactly is the problem with the change? I felt the old process was tired and boring after all those years. Now it’s more dynamic with different loot types, levels, and qualities. Makes it more interesting in my opinion.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I play and didn't like the change. It forced me to add extra points to my template and guardians don't give any loot. Why not? If I have to kill them, I should get something for it. I can still solo all of the map levels but no longer get the imbuing essences like I used to and rarely get anything worth keeping.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly is the problem with the change? I felt the old process was tired and boring after all those years. Now it’s more dynamic with different loot types, levels, and qualities. Makes it more interesting in my opinion.
I actually wonder what it improved? We had 7 levels of treassure maps. The 6 and 7 maps took some effort, the lower level ones were easy beginner level stuff. Everything you got in the lower levels you also got in the higher levels.

These days I would be forced to do beyond boring low level maps, because they removed the loot from the high level maps. The only people I see see cheering for this are the ones preferring low level maps.

Plus you have to do 5 maps these days for the equivalent of loot you got from one map before. Stuff is so overly complicated spread out, it takes a website to find. I wasn't excited at all to fight Mongbats over Frost Dragons just because most items were cut from the higher level maps.

Levels we had before. Loot types only means they spread the loot from one chest over 5 different chests. I don't know what you refer to by qualities, there were plenty artifacts, refinements, etc of different qulities before as well.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People who don't play don't like change. :lol:
I stopped playing after the change because it was my number one activity. I spoke to Kyronix on TC while trying the new tmaps. I was shocked to see they reduced the loot to like 20% from what I was used too. It didn't help, the just pushed it through.

You got anything else for the discussion?

I'm not even going into how they silenced everyone not cheering for it while asking for "feedback".

Last edited:

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The first set of guardians that pop up can be looted.

The ancient guardians that pop up when removing the trap can’t be looted. They are basically the same spawn as the first so the loot wouldn’t be any different than the initial spawn anyway. I personally don’t mind if I can’t loot another ogre lord. That’s not why I’m there.

The spawn that pops up when looting the chest can be looted and is just the same as the first set of guardians.

Not being able to loot the odd hued ancient guardians is negligible in my opinion. I see 0-2 of them when untrapping and the loot wouldn’t be anything special if they were lootable.

As for the template change, you switch out mining for remove trap. I can say maybe having to add remove trap to your entire account of characters could possibly be annoying but overall it wasn’t a big deal. I put mining on a different character and it’s fine.

I didn’t notice any imbuing essences in my last run with my treasure hunter either. I did about 100 maps. That’s a good point I’d like to see those again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure a lot of players liked the imbuing ingred in all of them. Me also since I craft and have to buy the stuff. The last 2 events got me so many maps that I have been tossing them. Also they did not give enough loot buff to groups. I like the higher Eodon maps. I'll call out in chat to do those. I did not like how they put everything in chests that peerless drop as ingredients. Even the Dreadhorn and Stygian head are in them.

Players were complaining because the chests had too much junk loot, so the devs reduced the quantity of junk loot. Then the same players started complaining about that. Note: never complain about quantity of loot.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No, no, no, you're not taking it far enough. It's never complain about anything OR say you enjoy anything, because then the devs will "fix" it.

Just blow that sunshine and roses right where they want it.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@DreadLord Lestat - I had the same thoughts as you (and many others) when the changes came out but in talking with others and some trial and error here is what I've found:

I play and didn't like the change. It forced me to add extra points to my template...
Everyone uses different templates for T-hunting but... pre-change I had 100 mining on my guy and post-change we don't need mining so it was a simple swap of mining for RT. They made RT jump several points up until the 90's so it's not super difficult to train. It was annoying at first that I had to train the new skill but now that I have it, it's not really an issue when there are jewels out there that give you 30+ skill points (in skills like taming/lore/magery/mystic/etc) you can use to offset needing RT. More on this below***.

...and guardians don't give any loot. Why not? If I have to kill them, I should get something for it.
I also didn't like this but I've found that when talking hoard and trove maps the best bet is to get 5-10 maps at once, go dig them all up 1 by 1 and mark each location BEFORE attempting to remove trap. Once all the guardians are down, move to the next map (dig up / kill guardians), rinse repeat for the next 5-10 maps. When you get to the last map recall back to your first location and use remote trap. You wont get any spawn with 100 RT (***I havent confirmed this but this might also negate needing RT at all if you wait long enough). Sort through the chest, grabbing what you want and recall to the bank with gold/trash before moving to the second spot...rinise repeat for chest 2-10.

I can still solo all of the map levels but no longer get the imbuing essences like I used to and rarely get anything worth keeping.
I agree with you on this point. That is the one thing I feel like they actually did ruin. Luckily I had a lot of the essences already built up but I wish they would add these back to the hoard/trove maps (all of them not just artisan).

I was shocked to see they reduced the loot to like 20% from what I was used too.
The loot pre-change was a ton of junk magic items... essentially unusable garbage that I stopped even taking to unravel because I had collected so much relic frags etc. I think out of 1,000 chests I did (all level 5 and up) I might have kept 1 MAYBE 2 things and while I didn't keep track of the # of legendary items I got it wasn't very high... maybe 100-150 (all trash though)?? With the new loot there is a lot less quantity with an increase in "quality" (meaning more legendary items). You can get legendary items in cache maps (equiv of a previous level 4) pretty consistently and bumping up to Hoard/Trove basically just increases the number of items you receive (ie more legendary items).

I am not saying the chest loot is really improved but I don't think it's ruined either (from quality loot perspective).

My 2 biggest gripes about the whole T-map change is 1) in game luck has really never done anything to help it. In fact it seems now that having max luck actually hurts you and you are better off with around 1000-1500 luck & 2) the professions thing is annoying because for like a mage chest you get like 5-6 gnarled staves and crap of the sort that mages have never used in the history of the game and it's kind broken IMO given that you open a warrior chest with more junk a warrior has never really used like a viking sword and it will be a spell channeling weapon (ie a mage property). Same thing with jewelry, it's mainly in favor of mages with casting/LRC in all chests rather than just in mage chests while keeping SSI/DI in warrior chests.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix can't figure out what the phrase, "give the loot a bump" means.

Im not a coder, but lets say when loot rolls for intensity, it rolls a number between 1 and 10. When we ask for a bump, we mostly wanted them to stop rolling for the 1-4 spots, so that way the loot in the chest would all be mid to upper level.

Nothing says "this is ignorant as hell" like putting a 50 stone lesser magic item in a Trove chest. But its all good, it's their sandbox, and if they keep pissing off everyone but their RMT buddies, it will truly be just their sandbox.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Everyone uses different templates for T-hunting but... pre-change I had 100 mining on my guy and post-change we don't need mining so it was a simple swap of mining for RT.
I have not used mining in many, many years. I had my template just the way I wanted it and then I have to remove some things to add some remove trap and mess around with guardians with no loot. They removed the regs and imbuing essences, and the loot still sucks. I see no benefits, just many negatives.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kyronix can't figure out what the phrase, "give the loot a bump" means.

Im not a coder, but lets say when loot rolls for intensity, it rolls a number between 1 and 10. When we ask for a bump, we mostly wanted them to stop rolling for the 1-4 spots, so that way the loot in the chest would all be mid to upper level.

Nothing says "this is ignorant as hell" like putting a 50 stone lesser magic item in a Trove chest. But its all good, it's their sandbox, and if they keep pissing off everyone but their RMT buddies, it will truly be just their sandbox.
If I constantly had people complaining about everything I did I would ask them to be as definitive as possible too. Ya'll a bunch of whiners for real. If your only feedback capability is "bump loot." You can keep that nonsense to yourself.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If I constantly had people complaining about everything I did I would ask them to be as definitive as possible too. Ya'll a bunch of whiners for real. If your only feedback capability is "bump loot." You can keep that nonsense to yourself.
Does it matter? Do they really listen to anyone other than their little cheer squad? I like Kyronix but he loves to make everything grindy. Unfortunately, the reward is generally not worth the grind. I saw the feedback that was being given when this was on test center and it wasn't only "bump loot". Maybe you should go back and refresh your memory.

I enjoyed digging the chest, dealing with the initial spawn, and pulling things out making more things spawn. I kept all the regs and scrolls and essences. The treasure chest arties went in for cleanup points. It was fun. Now I kill initial spawn. I then either deal with all of the guardians with no loot or wait out the timer watching my finger nails grow. I then open the chest, generally don't find anything worth taking unless I need to replace something on someone's cheap suit. I take the gold and leave. Pretty boring. I know I could do multiple at one time to avoid the wait timer but what was wrong with it before? All people wanted was their to be more of a chance to get something worthwhile. No one asked for it to be completely changed and to add on some useless skill. What more feedback do you want or expect? People gave their feedback on how they hated this but they pushed it through anyways. Oh I forgot, there are also those worthless colored rune things that take up space as well. It sucks. It sucked when they introduced it and it still sucks now. It took things out of my playstyle as well. Since I rarely do any maps and I still have around 1000 sitting around taking up dust, there is no reason for me to kill Miasma or go into blood dungeon for balrons.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They've listened to my feedback. Twice. And I don't pull punches with them anymore than I do with the idiots here.

They've not listened to me too. I'm not sitting here being a whiny pancake about it though. Tribarrel cactus seeds may be a non-issue or even silly to most people, but I think it was very bad for my enjoyment that they made a non-RNG system RNG.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They've listened to my feedback. Twice. And I don't pull punches with them anymore than I do with the idiots here.
Awesome, so you are one of the cheer squad that I have to thank for the worthless changes to the maps. :cheerleader:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What does cheer squad even mean? You think name calling and bullying is going to make your point better?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, back before the t-map revamp, there was about ~10-30 more items per chest depending on the level of map. except 100% of the randomly generated items were useless, so only the crafting resources, refinements & pardons were worth picking up.

Now level 3, 4 & 5 maps drop consistent amounts of greater, major & legendary artifacts, but there are fewer items overall. crafting resources only drop from low level maps.

The only issues with loot now in T-maps (loot everywhere, not just t-maps) is that "Fortified/ Of Defense" drops like 80% of the time which offers nothing that you can't get from non-fortified/of defense items, and legendary items seem to always have a prefix & suffix attached to them now, which makes certain combinations of properties completely impossible to find as legendary artifact. (HPI, SI, MI, for example)

What the hell did you do with all the garbage from the pre-revamped maps that makes you think they were better than they are now?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People gave proper feedback, just it was ignored or deleted because it didn't fit the narrative. Those feedback threads are still there to read for anyone interested. Please stop spreading nonsense like people just didn't know how to articulate it. It's not what happened.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not do a large amount of T maps before, but I did test the new ones with a party, and gave feedback on how the amount of loot (armor, etc) barely increased when the party was large. They said the new system would encourage parties. They chose to leave it as it was.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Says the guy calling the opposition whiners. Classy.
If you are whining, you're a whiner. If I'm stating clearly that asking for clarification should be met with clarification instead of being met with indignation, that's not being a blind follower. There's your difference.

Just in the last few posts there's already two different opinions. Your opinion was the one they chose to not follow. People are complaining. That makes them whiners. When I close this web page, I won't even remember who is whining. I'm not insulting you. I'm just calling it out.

Maybe "Cheer Squad" has more clear points and maybe they make more sense to the developers. Maybe they have developed a more professional relationship because they don't whine as much.

I'm not going to say what the Broadsword team does or doesn't prefer. I know that if I were to listen to two valid but different opinions, I'd probably take the one from the person that wasn't going to whine about it on the forums.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What does cheer squad even mean? You think name calling and bullying is going to make your point better?
Bully? Are you kidding me? How in the hell did I bully you? You called people whiners and claimed their only feedback was "bump the loot". Yes, cheer squad, rah rah go broadsword, are you truly that dense that you don't get it? No wonder broadsword listened to you.....

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What the hell did you do with all the garbage from the pre-revamped maps that makes you think they were better than they are now?
The majority of the items sucked then too. They pretty much removed everything from the chests, added guardians with no loot, and bumped the gold in the chest up some. I at least enjoyed doing them back then but now they are pretty much a waste of time.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not do a large amount of T maps before, but I did test the new ones with a party, and gave feedback on how the amount of loot (armor, etc) barely increased when the party was large. They said the new system would encourage parties. They chose to leave it as it was.
After all I think it's just the nature of TC. Rarely do they revise any central part of what they put on TC. Apart from some minor cosmetic changes you either like it or are called a whiner.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are whining, you're a whiner. If I'm stating clearly that asking for clarification should be met with clarification instead of being met with indignation, that's not being a blind follower. There's your difference.
I don't have the impression that you actually read the feedback threads from back then. People gave pretty clear feedback. You just keep repeating the same untruth over and over and seem to believe in it. Do youself a favor and please go back and read those threads before going on.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
except 100% of the randomly generated items were useless, so only the crafting resources, refinements & pardons were worth picking up.
Some of those 100% useless items sold for 250m+ in the trade forums. Just saying. I also liked to keep the vines, tasty treats, mana phasing orbs and scrolls. I probably also forgot about some other stuff by now. I hauled like a dozen of items from every 6+ tmap I dug up and enjoyed it a lot. And every other week even a sick high end artifact.

The moment I checked out the changes on TC I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, knowing that no feedback whatsoever will make them reconsider the changes in general. Many of the people I remember being active treassure hunters before the change I've seen nothing but disappointedin general. That's my observation as someone who did a lot of tmaps back then.

I don't act like an expert on IDOCs, pets or what not, but about tmaps I certainly knew a thing or two.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
As soon as Kyronix said he wanted to make t-hunting a group activity I knew he had lost the plot, we closed our accounts before it even went live, it was the one thing I still enjoyed doing and I didn't even care about the loot. As others have said, they only listened to what they wanted to hear and some people just wanted changes, they didn't care what they were, probably the same people that never did any t-hunting before and still didn't do any afterwards. It's their game and they do what they want, for better or worse, but mostly worse... :p

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The majority of the items sucked then too. They pretty much removed everything from the chests, added guardians with no loot, and bumped the gold in the chest up some. I at least enjoyed doing them back then but now they are pretty much a waste of time.
So we seem to agree that the loot hasn't really changed from then to now drastically (ie it wasn't made worse, the amount of items simply decreased). I understand you might not like the strategy I gave you to recall around and circle back, but it certifiably works so your argument about waiting to watch your fingernails grow is then simply because you don't feel like adapting...not because you have to do it. There is a way you don't need to fight any guardians, which I gave you, but you just don't want to do it... that's not the Devs fault; that is you being stubborn simply because you don't like the change.

So if that is the case, aside from not getting the essences (I agree we should still get those), what exactly changed from before to now to have you say they are pretty much a waste of time? Are the essences really what made T-maps make or break for you?

I won't go as far as saying the Tmaps are where I'd want them to be, but I honestly don't think they were that great before the changes either. They were just quicker to run through without recalling.

Some of those 100% useless items sold for 250m+ in the trade forums. Just saying. I also liked to keep the vines, tasty treats, mana phasing orbs and scrolls. I probably also forgot about some other stuff by now. I hauled like a dozen of items from every 6+ tmap I dug up and enjoyed it a lot. And every other week even a sick high end artifact.
I'm sure me posting this is going to trigger you and send you running to unleashed without even fully reading my post... but please at least do some fact checking before you post. This is a clear example of someone complaining about the changes who either never really did maps before or never really bothered learning the changes to do them after. It's inconsistent as per usual.

Vines/Treats/Orbs/Pardons/Blue scrolls etc all still spawn in the properly dug up chest (level/profession); go check uo-cah out to educate yourself before trying to pile on. I'm assuming when you say "scrolls" you are not honestly trying to say you want scribed spell scrolls because that's a pretty far reach and I think you know that. If you are talking Scrolls of Trans/Alac then you actually get more of those now (up to 4 in a chest that I've seen) then you did before so that once again doesn't hold much validity.

As far as you personally getting a "sick high end artifact" every other week... that's as ambiguous and vague as it comes... by those standard I can say the same exact thing for the new chests then. While I won't completely dismiss this because maybe to you a "sick item" is a piece of armor with 25LRC 10LMC and resists; it was almost universally agreed the loot needed "a bump" because the loot wasn't very sick at all...in fact as Lestat comments in this thread "items sucked then too". Again these are other people agreeing together about the loot not just a single person making a claim.

You also talk about some of the jewels going for 250m+ in the old chests...again questionable. How do you know which items that sold were from a chest unless you sold it (which you don't claim unlike you did for every other part)? Let's not suddenly claim that you actually sold 5 plat worth of Tmap jewels now just because you were called out.
I don't think it's likely someone is posting "Sick 250m jewel from a t-map chest for sale"... so your statement there about 250m+ items is hearsay at best because you might have asked them and they might have said Tmap. But let's be honest I doubt this would have been few and far between in the case it actually happened. All that said, you are much more likely now to get legendary jewels in a chest than before, that is a fact as more legendary items spawn in chest giving better odds at jewels, so just like your "scroll" argument it's probably better now than before for chances to sell these "sick items for 250m+".

...and commence triggering in 3....2....1

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but please at least do some fact checking before you post. This is a clear example of someone complaining about the changes who either never really did maps before or never really bothered learning the changes to do them after. It's inconsistent as per usual.
Indeed I never did tmaps before. You got me there lmao. Good argument :thumbsup:

My point always has been "you now need to dig up 5x the chests and need a website to figure where to get what". Glad you agree with that.

I indeed barely read past that. You are just trying to stir the pot.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"sick high end artifact"
As in "You find another player willing to pay 100m or 200m for it". Some went for 5m, some for 20m. What gives. I sold some of those, and my friends who were better at it made a small fortune. It really happened, no matter if you believe it or not. If you never looted those, jokes on you. I think you are just arguing for the sake of it.

Comping up next: "Show me screenshots or I won't believe it" :rolleyes:;) Go believe what you want mate.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do like the change that I can get 105s and 110s on fel t-maps so I could stop doing boring champ spawns to get scrolls to bind into 120s, but I despise that you can only get the utility items (reagents, artisan stuff like ingots, wood, skeleton keys, etc) on low level maps only.
Overall, it was a downgrade over the precious experience.

Edit:
Also, you don't actually need remove trap to open the chest. They are all timer based.
Level 4 seems to be about 15 or 20 minutes since you pop it out, same for level 5.
Below that it takes at most 5 minutes for the chest to just open on your first try of remove trap regardless of your skill level.
I don't recall the exact values because I haven't been playing this much.
It grew old and dull too quickly. I log maybe once every two months to play a bit.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Indeed I never did tmaps before. You got me there lmao. Good argument :thumbsup:
Glad I could help shine some light on your nonsense post. I'm sure you read my full post and like you have proven time and time again you simply disregard any point that accurately calls you out. Real mature of you.

Feel free to reread my post and speak on the actual talking points before making yourself look like any more of a jack@$$... or maybe you should actually go play the game so you know what you are talking about?

As in "You find another player willing to pay 100m or 200m for it". Some went for 5m, some for 20m. What gives. I sold some of those, and my friends who were better at it made a small fortune. It really happened, no matter if you believe it or not.
Hmmm... So you went from 250m+ down to 5-20m REAL quick... and you went from you getting "sick loot every other week" to your friends doing it.... you remind me of Chris Farley from Billy Madison.

You: "I was getting sick loot every other week and selling it for 250m+!!"
Me: "No you weren't"
You: "Well...no it was more like 5m... but I was still getting SICK loot to sell!"
Me: "Mmm nah"
You: "Yea ok not me but a friend did"
Me: "No they didn't"
You: "No they didn't but you can't even get jewelry in the chests now unless you have a secret decoder"
1612815116447.png

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have to chime in to say I like the way the T-maps work currently. I also liked the way they worked originally. My wife and I spent all Sunday a few weeks back doing nothing but T-map hunting, and we had a ton of fun and want to do it again pretty soon. I have tons of maps, so I don't believe we'll run out any time soon.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So we seem to agree that the loot hasn't really changed from then to now drastically (ie it wasn't made worse, the amount of items simply decreased). I understand you might not like the strategy I gave you to recall around and circle back, but it certifiably works so your argument about waiting to watch your fingernails grow is then simply because you don't feel like adapting...not because you have to do it. There is a way you don't need to fight any guardians, which I gave you, but you just don't want to do it... that's not the Devs fault; that is you being stubborn simply because you don't like the change.

So if that is the case, aside from not getting the essences (I agree we should still get those), what exactly changed from before to now to have you say they are pretty much a waste of time? Are the essences really what made T-maps make or break for you?

I won't go as far as saying the Tmaps are where I'd want them to be, but I honestly don't think they were that great before the changes either. They were just quicker to run through without recalling.
Why should I either have to wait 5 - 20 minutes or fight guardians with no loot? Explain that to me. It is not adapting, it is a downright major change that was pointless other than to try and revive a skill that gets little to no use. What other professions need to wait 5-20 minutes or kill a bunch of things without any loot for their trouble?

Old way:
1. FInd chest and digup
2. unlock chest and pop guardians
3. Kill guardians and loot them
4. Pull items from chest, taking what you want and dropping the rest into a bag next to it to pull more guardians. (rarely kept any armor/jewery/weapons)
5. Keep if you want (I did) regs, scrolls, gems, essences, level 6 or 7 marty.
6. Take gold and leave

New way:
1. Find chest and digup
2. unlock chest and fight guardians
3. Kill initial guardians and loot them.
4. Either run remove trap a bunch taking damage and fighting guardians with no loot or wait 5-20 minutes to be able to loot chest
5. Look over items, take gold, leave

I never used mining but now I need to add remove trap and remove points from something I needed or wait 5-20 minutes

It is the Devs fault, more people disliked the changes than liked them but they added them anyways. This whole thing is just rehashing old stuff because @Lore decided to call people whiners because they stated that they disliked the changes. I honestly think many of you just argue this crap just to argue and because people need the last word. I am done responding. I simply stated my opinion very simply and politely until being called a whiner because I did not agree with the Allmighty LORE. I will save anyone time and this was my first statement from post #9 "I play and didn't like the change. It forced me to add extra points to my template and guardians don't give any loot. Why not? If I have to kill them, I should get something for it. I can still solo all of the map levels but no longer get the imbuing essences like I used to and rarely get anything worth keeping. " There is nothing whiny or attacking any side in that statement. I still play, I rarely do them anymore even though it use to be one of my favorite things in UO. I am down to one account because I didn't use my other for much other than treasure hunting and so no need to keep it open unless I really get the urge to do some. The Devs get an idea in mind, they run with it. They generally don't take the feedback from the many, just a few people. It has been this way many, many years.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I gave you the last word. I thought you acting the *** was enough that it didn't need a reply. I'm only replying now because you literally tagged me while throwing your fit.

And initially, I was replying to Uriah... you inserted yourself in there and then got rude.

Your opinion isn't THE opinion.

And it's perfectly fine for Devs to ignore player opinions.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As soon as Kyronix said he wanted to make t-hunting a group activity I knew he had lost the plot, we closed our accounts before it even went live, it was the one thing I still enjoyed doing and I didn't even care about the loot. As others have said, they only listened to what they wanted to hear and some people just wanted changes, they didn't care what they were, probably the same people that never did any t-hunting before and still didn't do any afterwards. It's their game and they do what they want, for better or worse, but mostly worse... :p
I actually find the new maps easier to do solo than the old ones. *shrugs* So not sure how this is a better 'group' activity.

At any rate - I agree that the 'mage' based maps don't really drop mage stuff and as a crafter I'm frustrated that imbuing blues are not in the drop list for tmaps. Those are very helpful and no good way to obtain them.

As for loot increase - i think its a better balance of better items but still enough that you trigger enough things defending.
However would it be so bad to drop in the random doom arty or crimson or tangle even if its a .5% chance on high end maps? Just something that feels like 'wow I got a great treasure here?' instead of a pile of things I unravel.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad I could help shine some light on your nonsense post. I'm sure you read my full post and like you have proven time and time again you simply disregard any point that accurately calls you out. Real mature of you.

Feel free to reread my post and speak on the actual talking points before making yourself look like any more of a jack@$$... or maybe you should actually go play the game so you know what you are talking about?

Hmmm... So you went from 250m+ down to 5-20m REAL quick... and you went from you getting "sick loot every other week" to your friends doing it.... you remind me of Chris Farley from Billy Madison.

You: "I was getting sick loot every other week and selling it for 250m+!!"
Me: "No you weren't"
You: "Well...no it was more like 5m... but I was still getting SICK loot to sell!"
Me: "Mmm nah"
You: "Yea ok not me but a friend did"
Me: "No they didn't"
You: "No they didn't but you can't even get jewelry in the chests now unless you have a secret decoder"
View attachment 116365
Well, obviously you are not going to believe me and you just want to spin what I said. I'm not going to drag my friend into your bitchfight. I'm pretty sure most Stratics players remember how there were plenty of artifacts on sale from tmaps. Do yourself a favor and check the trade forums from back then. Items were ranging from basically free to well beyond a couple hundreds millions. Joke is still on you, if you indeed did tmaps before the change and never looted any artifacts :)

Let me quote where your argument falls short for a *last* time:

Some of those 100% useless items sold for 250m+ in the trade forums
Some went for 5m, some for 20m. What gives
Some were just junk (I bet you will argue even this hehe).

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hauled like a dozen of items from every 6+ tmap I dug up and enjoyed it a lot. And every other week even a sick high end artifact.
every lv 6+ map huh, you must still use a majority of imbued items on all of your characters for that to be true.

every other week a sick high-end artifact, got any pics of one? Hopefully it's not one of those pre-patch 10+ property pieces because it would have nothing to do with t-maps & t-maps would have been literally the least efficient method of farming them. - I've sold several legendaries after the revamp for 150m+ a guildie of mine sold an item from a t-map for 200m just a few weeks ago. maps are very profitable much more now than they used to be.

if that was kyronix's goal with the map revamp, it's a failure. the only part of that "group activity" that could be viewed as success, is Eodon Maps spawning Allosaurus' with 20k hp (which is more boring than fun) and the loot quantity bump (low chance for small quantity increases) based on party size.