• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cameo Dye

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Is there any hue and dye type that can make a Cameo return to the original color?

I bought one with a strange color and i prefer the normal color much more

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe one of the following dyes may help

1st from Tokuno events. Most peoples throw them away
1611337300211.png

2nd from the natural dyes.
1611337338219.png

If you have success, keep me informed which helped.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have had the same experience with Bleach - turns everything into a dull gray as opposed to reverting to original color. Not entirely certain the UO Guide description is accurate.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any hue and dye type that can make a Cameo return to the original color?

I bought one with a strange color and i prefer the normal color much more
They start as Hue 1645. According to This , it is red plant dye.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They start as Hue 1645. According to This , it is red plant dye.
Rum Red Tokuno Dye is 1644 so that one is close if you can't find red plant dye.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I don't think it is a perfect match, but red natural dye is pretty close.

Is it very easy to tell which of the 5 cameos is not the same?

1611342112414.png

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
In fact, i'm going to dye my cheapo Soldier medals with this since the dye is dirt cheap. Makes me look more high class. Affordable Chic

If you ever buy a bunch of cameos, make sure to inspect them all so none are a cheapo dyed to look the same!

1611342409291.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Top left looks different but not by much

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Actually the Rum Red Tokuno Dye is a lot closer

1611342642897.png
1611342677082.png
1611342701508.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yea, that is alot closer, how do you get the tokuno dyes?
On Atl someone would sell you a use. Or you buy in the store. They used to be 1M per use but I think the price went up recently. Store sells 50 use bottles.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Too bad you're not on Origin...I'm kind of a hoarder and Rum Red is the one I have the most of :/

1611348034650.png

ATL prices are insane :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too bad you're not on Origin...I'm kind of a hoarder and Rum Red is the one I have the most of :/

View attachment 115720

ATL prices are insane :/
I would have a floor colored Rum Red if those were mine! I have a floor colored Dryad Green because I had a few of those.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL I know some people love to dye the stone stuff....I like the natural look.

I did try doing an orange/black theme for Halloween once and I didn't care for it, I'd rather the deco stand out rather then the floor or walls.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL I know some people love to dye the stone stuff....I like the natural look.

I did try doing an orange/black theme for Halloween once and I didn't care for it, I'd rather the deco stand out rather then the floor or walls.
You could do a design like mine in berserker red with Rum instead on a plain floor.

1611348684845.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You could do a design like mine in berserker red with Rum instead on a plain floor.

View attachment 115721
That actually looks nice....my theme is...obviously..Halloween.....so Rum Red would work.....the only thing is I don't like that the floor tiles highlight when you mouse over them.

1611361855700.png
1611361915317.png
1611362020511.png

Obviously I've used the dark/darker normal granite tiles for the entire entrance instead of the grass that it originally comes with....I'll have to dye a few with the Rum Red to see how that looks :)

Attachments

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had the same experience with Bleach - turns everything into a dull gray as opposed to reverting to original color. Not entirely certain the UO Guide description is accurate.
Bleach returns things to the original color of the graphic (hue 0 if memory serves), not the specially-hued color that tends to come on an Artifact.

e.g. Crystalline ring that was dyed by a player to any hue will revert to a crafted ring color when bleached, not the glacial blue that fresh Crystalline ring drops are hued.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Bleach returns things to the original color of the graphic (hue 0 if memory serves), not the specially-hued color that tends to come on an Artifact.

e.g. Crystalline ring that was dyed by a player to any hue will revert to a crafted ring color when bleached, not the glacial blue that fresh Crystalline ring drops are hued.
Ahh. That's a good clarification. Makes sense.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Isn't Scouring easier to get, and turns color off to 0 though, and you can make tons of it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't Scouring easier to get, and turns color off to 0 though, and you can make tons of it?
Why are you turning the color to 0 when you are going to dye it anyway....

And the Dye I posted is 0 so Bleach and it are the same. Also as a poster said, plain plant dye is 0.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I did take Allen's advice and used some of my many bottles of Rum Red to enhance my decor ;)

It's also changed a bit since the last image lol.

1674017176294.png