• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Active Guilds that have their Original Guild Stone

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing Guild Stones being added to the UO Store got me to wondering. Since the ability to create a Guild Stone hasn’t been in the game for many years, how many active guilds are there that still have their original Guild Stone? If you do have your Guild Stone, please post the Guild.

I’ll start, Willow Hall W^H

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have mine but I gotta check the store out. I like the uniqueness of the OG stones. I hope they didn't just go with that so us old hesds can still have something nice.

TLB - The League of Sosarian Blacksmith's

Formerly Baja, now GL.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
hmm this is an interesting development

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked the ingame store and online, didn't see anything pertaining to GSs.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
S-M Shadows Of Myth
Pacific shard
guild stone is placed at lower south west house
Founded in 2002-2003

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Read the notes, 3 styles reported. No images. One of the styles is legacy, I think they should leave that one out and make it a uniqueness kept for the real vets who still have their stones.
I'm split on this. Part of me agrees with you, because it's something that represents history.
The other part of me goes why the hell should newer players be prevented from using it? Just because they weren't there? Stupid.

I do wonder if they're changing the legacy stones to have the same functionality as the new ones.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm split on this. Part of me agrees with you, because it's something that represents history.
The other part of me goes why the hell should newer players be prevented from using it? Just because they weren't there? Stupid.

I do wonder if they're changing the legacy stones to have the same functionality as the new ones.
Oh. I personally have no issues with the reintroductions. I'm just saying I'd like to see the legacy looks left to those of us who still have their stones.

As for making old ones functional. With me transferring and having guild wipe. Its useless for functionality. But I never used the stone much back when tbh.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm just saying I'd like to see the legacy looks left to those of us who still have their stones.
Umm what? That's my point, what justification can you argue that newer players shouldn't be allowed to have the same looks other than "I was here and you weren't!", which is quite possibly one of the stupidest arguments.

If you can't tell, I don't like limited time items with no chance of obtaining afterwards.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
1594159734130.png

The Original Treasure Hunters of Britannia, founded 1999. This has been the guild house since 2003, and the guild stone is under the while bell in the meeting room, next to thr treasure room.

1594159851883.png

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive got several, 3 i believe.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lmao... you can look at it however you want. Your argument is everyone should have the same thing. These aren't idocs lol

But if you dont get it, then there's no point in trying to explain it. You're a trump supporter too I'd bet lmao
Stupid comment about politics aside, take some half effort to explain it to me. Maybe like I'm 5?

My argument is that it shouldn't be restricted just because new players weren't there when we were. Like how dare they! It's a pompous argument that doesn't help GROW THE GAME! No one should be against that.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I would say do not make them look like the original stones, keep those as is and maybe make the third look like a bishop! The chess pieces might develop over time.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say do not make them look like the original stones, keep those as is and maybe make the third look like a bishop! The chess pieces might develop over time.
While I agree, others may not.

But the idea of all chess pieces os cool...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stupid comment about politics aside, take some half effort to explain it to me. Maybe like I'm 5?

My argument is that it shouldn't be restricted just because new players weren't there when we were. Like how dare they! It's a pompous argument that doesn't help GROW THE GAME! No one should be against that.
And you think the game will grow bec plays now who weren't there when have a gs skin from back when?

By your logic. My account is 10 yrs paid but been around for 20. I should have access to shields for xfer.

Last edited:

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And you think the game will grow bec plays now who weren't there when have a gs skin from back when?

By your logic. My account is 10 yrs paid but been around for 20. I should have access to shields for xfer.

Don't get me started on shard shields. They're beyond a joke of a system.

I think purposefully implementing a system that prohibits and punishes newer players is counter productive.

Quit trying to avoid answering, it's insulting.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Don't get me started on shard shields. They're beyond a joke of a system.

I think purposefully implementing a system that prohibits and punishes newer players is counter productive.

Quit trying to avoid answering, it's insulting.
I see it as a system that rewards players for their ongoing support and subscription. It's a good idea.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I see it as a system that rewards players for their ongoing support and subscription. It's a good idea.
And that's a perfectly valid belief!

But I promised I wouldn't get off on shard shields. They're too dangerous a topic for me.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I like the stones, but agree with the others...don't use the old guildstone graphic. There are a bunch of people in the rares community who collect exclusively guildstones and doing that would totally destroy their 10+ years worth of effort collecting as many guildstones as possible. Just make a different third graphic and everybody wins, don't punish the people who collected the originals.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately have you seen this team change any graphics that’s put in once it goes into test. They are stubborn never listen to the masses only their small echo chamber
And the subs keep dwindling away.
I’m not a rares collector so it doesn’t effect me
But I’m wondering are they going to add dreads banes em items server birth items to the store as well ?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately have you seen this team change any graphics that’s put in once it goes into test. They are stubborn never listen to the masses only their small echo chamber
I think you are fairly correct here... however what we MIGHT be able to do is get them to rehue it. Make it marble or jade. Its a pretty simple change and would still leave the original guildstones as unique.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it's between those giant chess pieces and the classic style, I'm for the classic style. I have my guild's original stone but I also have at least one friend who has been searching for his stone and unable to find it for years. He's excited at the chance to have his guild stone back.

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank the uo gods I only have about 500 mil wroth of guild stones. I think I have 10 or 11 of them. I liked them but would never pay the high amounts some people wanted for them. I do hope there will be a difference in them.

Feel bad for the one collector who has over 1000 of them.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
did they really make then look the same as old ones? what the ? no comment
i wonder if you can make names that are already out there and/or abbreviations lol no comment. pitch forks for sale lol

Last edited:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sis still has her THP Guildstone. I have M&M and one other I picked up years ago at an idoc.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have my Knights of Terra Stone on Legends. Here's what the new ones look like when you double click them:
1594251509964.png 1594251509964.png

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agyer reading some more replies, seems I'm not the only one who thinks the old skins shouldn't be an option...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did they really make then look the same as old ones? what the ? no comment
i wonder if you can make names that are already out there and/or abbreviations lol no comment. pitch forks for sale lol
Afaik. Only abbrev cant be double dipped. Never tried with a name though.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I own still the Guild stone on df of the Guild which Was founded in 1998. For secure reasons the deed is most of the time in the Bank. With the new item I will place the shadow stone in my castle.
Therefore the legacy style is welcome.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am the guild leader of two sister guilds.
BoE Banishers of Evil
B@C Banishers at Conflict

I have both stones.

Depending on my level of paranoia they may be placed or in my bank.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh they look nice! Love the alchemy shelves.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've still got the Lake Austin chapter of THB's stone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still have the guildstone for the City of Yew [YEW] and I was told once upon a time it was "Blessed" by the old DEVs for being the first "city" stone... and starting the first government body in UO... ages ago way back in the day and it was Gold colored... but years later someone cried about(paged a GM) it and a GM who didn't know squat about the reason why it was gold decided that the guildleader must have used some hack or cheat to change the stone... so he turned it back to the normal natural color... and threatened the then guildleader telling her if he had to do it again they would ban the entire guild... pity that. That was still back when the stones actually worked...not so long before I became its steward sometime after being elected the "Mayor" of Yew... But I still have the stone... I also have a few more many of which either adorn the top of Castle Redemption like the stone for the Royal Knights of Redemption[RKR]... or they are gravemarkers in the Newcastle Crypt.

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UMP still has its original guildstone. The guild was founded back in 1998 on the Wakoku shard and later moved to Lake Austin where the guildstone has remained proudly on display since Feb 2003.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Sonoma, I have my guilds original stone .... Ordo Sylvanus and it's sub-guild Disciples of the Draelon.
I also have the stone for Pushing Up Daisies (PuD). I believe I got it from Cym way back when.