• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forsaken Foes TC Release 1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8/14/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the first Test Center release of Forsaken Foes will be available today after 4pm ET! Forsaken Foes is the third in our High Seas themed content updates for the year and we are excited to bring you a host of new features including, Aquarium Update with new craftable aquariums and over 50 new creatures to collect! 22nd Anniversary Rewards A New Commission Vendor Numerous Quality of Life Updates & Bug Fixes! This is only a small part of what’s to come in Forsaken Foes and we look forward to hearing your constructive feedback […]

Continue reading...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone asked for an improvement to the Tithing experience ?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dunno, wasn't me...not after the tmap fiasco. Wonder what it does, I mean, you put money in the shrine...seems simple as is

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if you want to put only 10k tithing points into the ankh? Not everyone likes to spend 100k. Let's test and moan later if needed.
Highlight is the new vendor.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not me. I didn't ask for a change to tithing, nor for an update to aquariums.

I did wish* that aquarium** food be stackable. Did they fix that? Did they?

*Am I allowed to use the word "wish" now that the Wish thread has been locked? Er, am I allowed to talk about a thread that has been locked?

**Okay, I know at least one person who will totally enjoy the new aquariums. Aquaria. Whatever***
*** Can virtual virtual Tamagotchi be far behind?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok do we have to keep the fish in those bowls? Or they gasp away and die? Plz not. I have wanted fanstatic fish for a player made pond so so so so so long. Many years. Can we use the new fish out of the fish tank?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
22nd Anniversary Rewards
In appreciation for 22 amazing years of continued support the Ultima Online team would like to say thank you with an anniversary gift token!

Tokens only will be available via dispenser stones on TC1

• All characters at least 30 days old logging in between Sunday, September 1, 2019 12:01:00 AM ET and Monday, November 18, 2019 11:59:00 PM ET will receive an anniversary card and a token that can be redeemed for an anniversary gift.
  • Copper Wings
    • Symbolizing Glory During 1 of 26 famous battles in Britannian History
  • Copper Portrait Set
    • Relief of 1 of the pirates found throughout Britannia’s High Seas
  • Copper Sunflower
    • Cast From Flowers Grown in the Warm Sun of 1 of 27 locations through Britannia
  • Copper Ship Relief
    • Depicting the Maiden Voyage of 1 of 18 different ships from Britannia’s History
  • Rare chance to receive an “Antique” version of one of the above which sets a special hue and item property on the gift item
upload_2019-8-14_14-46-19.png

All deco gifts. They look sweet to me.

Wish you could wear the wings...

Kyronix is in Brit Commons.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Erebus is our EM.. =) Would be nice to end up with his name lol

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No mention of fixing the loot generation! No reason to log in yet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Client Updates
  • Added new option in the Classic & Enhanced Client to toggle the display of the contents of public houses.
  • Classic Client: Increased the size of the book gump
These have been added now.

CC ... The Display Public Houses is the last thing under Display. (eyeball) It is set to default OFF.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any one remember the old fish tanks? And doing exactly what what required and your prize fish STILL DIED? Now we get that again. Oh freaking joy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any one remember the old fish tanks? And doing exactly what what required and your prize fish STILL DIED? Now we get that again. Oh freaking joy.
Ill use the bones as Deco. Ill take your extras when it is live. I was never able to keep my Aquarium clean.
RL aquarium fish die for no reason. Some live for no reason also. Had a Beta that the cat knocked out of its bowl and onto the bed. When I got home the Beta turned from Blue to Grey and was in a drop of water on the bed. Thing lived for another year.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this is where all our Devs passed their time on ... drawing arts files for aquarium deco fish, mailboxes and other wall-hanging deco trinkets ? Comon team

Hopefully , they got other ''useful'' stuff coming up with this update soon...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this is where all our Devs passed their time on ... drawing arts files for aquarium deco fish, mailboxes and other wall-hanging deco trinkets ? Comon team

Hopefully , they got other ''useful'' stuff coming up with this update soon...
They do.

This is only a small part of what’s to come in Forsaken Foes and we look forward to hearing your constructive feedback as we work through the public testing process.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I see @Kyronix again, im going to ask if they can put in a simple small cooldown on casting wall of stone. (like 5-10 secs). This would fix the issue of people using outside programs throw them non-stop in pvp on a script.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An Atlantic Em found a way to use the fish art from the old evil waste of time fish tank on a pond. Go out the Atlantic south luna gate and see. They do not have to be made bigger as K said on TC to use on player ponds, they work fine as they are. I know! Sell the fish art in the game store!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
why are we getting new fish that we have to feed/water everyday and yet still end up dead. i thought they might of added something special/creature for each color/type of net but not this.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damn castle competition.... now I can't update the UI with the new changes because the devs refuses to add the portal to remove EJ due to the competition -.-

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, it least it only takes up the amount of storage of what's actually on the vendor. They could have made it block out a full 125 item count.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Players came up with the vendor idea, including its use of lockdowns as a measure of "balance."

The devs liked it and thus it was created.

Stop beotching just to beotch.
It's actuallly quite a fair trade-off and I think it will be a boon to all servers. We've been in talks amongst ourselves on what we will do with them on Chesapeake. The downside being only the house owner can own the vendors, so no benefit for vendor malls or those who rent spaces at others houses (luna), but considering vendor search we don't think it's too big of a negative.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix also answered the Buc's Den pirate giving out tritons for crates won't be leaving yet, and notice will be given prior to his departure. Yay! Thank you Kyronix.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, in order to be able to keep selling slow moving items and still make a profit, we have to give up precious house storage slots.

Nope, another idea that got all twisted and wasted valuable dev time...
I disagree. If you want to sell slow moving things, only make or put out a couple until they sell. If you're down to single or double digits in your storage, you should probably consider getting rid of some stuff. Or you could always acquire Garden Sheds if/when you have funds to do so.

A vendor's backpack holds 125 items iirc. You don't have to use them all. Hell, you don't have to use the new vendor at all. If you don't like it, keep using the old one.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A new player ran vendor that charges 5.25% commission at the time of sale vs having a daily fee. Items out on this vendor take up lockdown space from your house so it can’t be used as free storage.
I will use for NOOB armor suits. Otherwise it could sit on a vendor for a month or more and wipe out the funds.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A year's worth of extremely random updates

Could use a vvv update thanks

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Vendor will be great for low pop shards and well I did not see where anyone would be forced to use them. The Chiv change is much welcome as it gets old clicking to add 10k. Aquariums I could care less either way. Copper stuff is just junk deco imo to be hoarded until it has clean up value.

Clone the Pirate quest locations is what I want to see
Yep really need to put one on Jhelom Docks........ I am just afraid they will come up with the most complex convoluted solution to something very easy to just do.

thats true, but the remove trap idea was spot on, one of the best game changes in 20 years.
Remove trap was a good move, I have found 70RT to marginally less effective than 100RT Which if you do it right about the most guardians you will pop removing it is two at lvl 70 on trove. Won't detail that as I am not sure if it is working as intended or is a bug. Overall T Hunting is much more pleasant and rewarding now than it was at least IMO.

While not perfect, I miss factions.
I miss them as well, I made a lot of gold farming and selling faction silver :) Every time I log onto my T Hunter though I can at least console myself that I am partly still in Minax as I am still immune to Ogre Lords and they are immune to RC and EVs that I cast LOL. Which is a pain for maps that pop ogre lords and T Hunter with no room for eval on the template.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss them as well, I made a lot of gold farming and selling faction silver :) Every time I log onto my T Hunter though I can at least console myself that I am partly still in Minax as I am still immune to Ogre Lords and they are immune to RC and EVs that I cast LOL. Which is a pain for maps that pop ogre lords and T Hunter with no room for eval on the template.
Hmmm. You know I never did check to see if any of my characters across the many shards were still immune. I may have to do that one of these days.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I miss them as well, I made a lot of gold farming and selling faction silver [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:)[/bcolor] Every time I log onto my T Hunter though I can at least console myself that I am partly still in Minax as I am still immune to Ogre Lords and they are immune to RC and EVs that I cast LOL. Which is a pain for maps that pop ogre lords and T Hunter with no room for eval on the template.
Mine is acting like im still in TB and I can't tell my pet to attack those silver serpents at level 4 rats spawn xD In return they do not attack me either.