• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

U Can't Dye This! DOH DOH DOH DOOOOH DOOOOH

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I was asked to make furniture and decorate a house for a returning player. No Problem-o! I only have four crafters. So I'm making furniture and deco-ing the bedroom. I was TRYING to dye a bed. Now I know you can dye bed deeds. but when I try I get this:

Can't dye That.jpg

GRRRR. Okay Calm down. Breathe. Okay I'm co-owner to this house. Maybe I need to use the furniture Dye tub instead of natural dyes. I try that and the tub informs : "That is NOT Furniture!" Funny, I always thought a bed was furniture and IRL you buy beds at a furniture store. I digress this is UO and logic need NOT apply. So I tried the natural dye again aaaannnndddd :
Can't dye That.jpg

SERIOUSLY!?!?!? Okay I'll try a Hiochi's Pigment it's a prettier pink anyway. This is probably not going to work since Hiochi's are notoriously temperamental. Once again :
[ Can't dye That.jpg

Okay now this starting to piss me off! Maybe I need to be in MY house to dye the bed deed. So I went to my house and tried to dye it. Once Again :
[ Can't dye That.jpg
GREAT!!! JUST FREAKIN DAMN FANTASTIC! W-T-B ALREADY?!?!?! Okay I check Stratics on dyeing furniture. Yes, its made of special wood. Yes, I meet all the other criteria. Okay I'm gonna experiment. Next up Tokuno Dyes.... Aaaannd you guessed it Same bat time same bat message!

I got an idea...... FRESH WOOD!! So i grab my axe and do a little PVT (Player vs Tree). Got just enough oak to make another stinkin' bed. I get out some natural dye and WHOA IT DYES.
Of course the color I picked didn't look like I expected so I found the rare pink to try to dye it.

WHOA no no no.. it won't dye. So is this some new bug or have I been out of the dying loop to long?

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a really good candidate for the "
Quality of life improvements for UO 2019
" devs been talking about.

Im quite annoyed over all these types of colour things too, dye tubs, pigments, natural dyes, cleanup dyes, some work here, some work there, what a mess.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like a really good candidate for the "
Quality of life improvements for UO 2019
" devs been talking about.

Im quite annoyed over all these types of colour things too, dye tubs, pigments, natural dyes, cleanup dyes, some work here, some work there, what a mess.

YES!!!! Where do I send the proposal and how many copies do I need to make? Also how many palms need greasing and how many hineys need kissing?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ain't kissin no hiney, and I grease their palms 4 times a month...

And that's all they gettin' till things change

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem has been around for years and years. You can NOT dye a deed that has been "placed". Always dye before placing the first time.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ain't kissin no hiney, and I grease their palms 4 times a month...

And that's all they gettin' till things change
If you want to pressure them into effecting change, then you and others are greasing the palms way to often.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know, I think I might have to start the every other month payment plan.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem has been around for years and years. You can NOT dye a deed that has been "placed". Always dye before placing the first time.
Oooh, Ty i didn't know that one. Thank you. I typically dye before I place it. I usually don't redye, but I didn't know that Bright red natural dye neither looks pink nor red.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. Has to be an unused bed deed... of some wood other then normal. And plant dyes work great, too. :)

White + Red, Ice Pink... wonderful. Same with the black. Mix a black or white with a normal color... get whatever color you wish WITHOUT wasting some high-priced pigment.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oooh, Ty i didn't know that one. Thank you. I typically dye before I place it. I usually don't redye, but I didn't know that Bright red natural dye neither looks pink nor red.

They also look different on different type clothes. Best to go to TC and see if you like how it looks on all items.