• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre-Patch White Wyrm Stat Issue

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Going through first round with my pre-patch WW.
Starting stats are:
STR 721
DEX 129
INT 392

1. For some reason it won't let me increase his DEX to 150. Any ideas why?
2. Is this WW even worth training? His STR isn't that much over the cap. Maybe I should ditch it and get a cold drake instead?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Easy, str and int are overcap. That is why you can’t raise dex. I don’t recall what the total was for str, dex and int, but you can’t go higher then that total.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Pets are capped at 2300 intensity value for Attributes (Str/Dex/Int), with an individual stat cap of 700 for Str/Int, and 150 for Dex (unless they spawn overcapped).

700 Str @ 3.0 Weight = 2100
150 Dex @ 0.1 Weight = 15
370 Int @ 0.5 Weight = 185

If you add this up, you get the 2300 total intensity cap for attributes, which is why this is the most common loadout for pets.

Since White Wyrms spawn overcapped, they are already beyond the attribute cap:

721 Str @ 3.0 Weight = 2163
129 Dex @ 0.1 Weight = 13
392 Int @ 0.5 Weight = 196
Total: 2372

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Thank you for explaining that. Guess he's stuck with 129 dex. With those stats do you think he's worth keeping?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for explaining that. Guess he's stuck with 129 dex. With those stats do you think he's worth keeping?
Yes, definitely. Dex will be movement speed, so he may move a little slower than a 150 dex pet, it really won't make a different once you are fighting things. Legacy WW's are great pets since they get 2 full training cycles and have to invest nothing into attributes.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I finished first round of training with resists, max mana/HP regen, 5 stam regen, added some HP/mana, 150 stamina, increased min damage.

What would you recommend the last round? He needs more HP/Mana, maybe AI and just keep magery?

Gardo

Journeyman
I plan on putting a different magic on each of my PP wyrms. Figure if I want to keep magery on a wyrm, I’ll use one of the new color 3-slotters I have in my stables. To me, the great benefit of the PP wyrms is the fact you can put another magic on them and still have a very strong pet.

I’ve heard wonderful things about the chiv/ai wyrms and that will probably be my first. Been back for quite awhile now after my long break from UO and I still haven’t pulled the trigger on any of my PP pets. Really enjoying the new pets and and the endless pathways the training process provides.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I plan on putting a different magic on each of my PP wyrms. Figure if I want to keep magery on a wyrm, I’ll use one of the new color 3-slotters I have in my stables. To me, the great benefit of the PP wyrms is the fact you can put another magic on them and still have a very strong pet.

I’ve heard wonderful things about the chiv/ai wyrms and that will probably be my first. Been back for quite awhile now after my long break from UO and I still haven’t pulled the trigger on any of my PP pets. Really enjoying the new pets and and the endless pathways the training process provides.
Chivalry is really the only magical ability that truly takes advantage of the pp wyrms over capped strength. Other builds can be fun pets, but they won't carry the same punch.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I want to go with AI/CHIV on my pp nightmare, was thinking of going with AoE moves and mysticism on my pp WW, not sure if that will work out.