• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fair is fair.... Tram only shard request

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I play Trammel mostly, but I don't really think this is necessary. Trammel already has everything Felucca has on every shard and the only difference is no pvp and no double resources when gathering.

Siege and Mugen were supposed to be a way to consolidate the smaller pvp community into one place so they could find fights easier/faster. Trammel doesn't have any problems like that I can think of.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We currently have a fel only shard with siege and mugen. Why don't we have a Tram only shard?? I believe this would be an incredibly popular option. @Mesanna @Bleak ??
No, no... hell no... I live in Trammel, I play in all facets, but making a Trammel only shard would be pointless, just as it would to make a Felucca only shard...

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We currently have a fel only shard with siege and mugen. Why don't we have a Tram only shard?? I believe this would be an incredibly popular option. @Mesanna @Bleak ??

In essence, I would say fair is fair, and would have no problems with the concept.
If there were a proper Felucca shard introduced - I would see no issues with a proper Trammel shard.

Note
You cannot go comparing Siege with Felucca though, it is not a direct comparison, Siege was always considered a hardcore version of the game. This is Trammies fundamental misunderstanding of Siege/Felucca, which shows how little they know altogether.

To make the Trammel shard comparable with Siege v Felucca, it would have to be an extreme version of Trammel - I'm not sure how that would work;

Extreme Easycore would look like; ?
  • It could be like Test Centre, where at the bank, you just request whatever gear and items you want. No need to do anything, it just gets given to you.
  • Everything would be Blessed - no insurance.
  • You could have 20 character slots.
  • Unlimited houses.
  • Training would be instant. etc.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Everyone plays this game for different reasons, for some it's pk-ing, I mean pvp-ing, for some it's house customization, for some it's collecting rares, pet training; whatever. It's not about easy mode or being a trammie, it's about making a world that you're paying for, unless it's an EJ account of course.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We currently have a fel only shard with siege and mugen. Why don't we have a Tram only shard?? I believe this would be an incredibly popular option.
I think the last thing we need is another shard atm...

No.png

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't actually know why people are saying NO.

As long as it's non transferable, so long as we get the fel shard, I'd say YES.

But I think you will be very disappointed with the experience. When you do a champ, people will still turn up at last level and hit the champ and get most of the scrolls when you have done all the work. You will be unable to do anything about it.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But I think you will be very disappointed with the experience. When you do a champ, people will still turn up at last level and hit the champ and get most of the scrolls when you have done all the work. You will be unable to do anything about it.
It's OK. PvPers show up at the last level all the time and PvMers are not able to do anything about also. At least with Trammel only shard we'd have a shot at the scrolls.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Doesn't everyone think that it is time to stop all these tiresome threads ,that all revolve around no risk 120 PS. If you don't want to pay the piper ,then go pay the vendor.. Stop beating a dead horse........

Yes, haha. The whole Tram vs. Fel argument was meaningless when it came out years ago. Play where you want to, and let others play how they want to without criticism.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In essence, I would say fair is fair, and would have no problems with the concept.
If there were a proper Felucca shard introduced - I would see no issues with a proper Trammel shard.

Note
You cannot go comparing Siege with Felucca though, it is not a direct comparison, Siege was always considered a hardcore version of the game. This is Trammies fundamental misunderstanding of Siege/Felucca, which shows how little they know altogether.

To make the Trammel shard comparable with Siege v Felucca, it would have to be an extreme version of Trammel - I'm not sure how that would work;

• It could be like Test Centre, where at the bank, you just request whatever gear and items you want. No need to do anything, it just gets given to you.
  • Unlimited houses.
LOL SP is to hard core for the "PvPers" wanting a Fel only shard, now that is funny.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's OK. PvPers show up at the last level all the time and PvMers are not able to do anything about also. At least with Trammel only shard we'd have a shot at the scrolls.
Not really if you think about it. Aren't the 120s Fel-based? With a Tram-only shard there is no Fel, thus by rights no 120s.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, haha. The whole Tram vs. Fel argument was meaningless when it came out years ago. Play where you want to, and let others play how they want to without criticism.
Nah. Won't happen because there is always someone wanting to P in the Cheerios.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you had a Trammel only shard with non PvP spawns within a few hours there would just be posts something like:

"There are people just camping the spawns and popping out when the boss spawns, doing damage to the boss and getting all the scrolls. Its not fair to all the people working the lower levels"

I would just have an EJ account sitting at the spawn hidden and as soon as its almost champion time I would run my "proper" character down and tank the boss. Just like at events. I mean if its all Trammel people could just recall in (or close to) the spawn zone right?

You would soon see the armies of gargoyle throwers turning up.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL SP is to hard core for the "PvPers" wanting a Fel only shard, now that is funny.
It's artificial difficulty with ridiculous restrictions that adds nothing to the experience. Do everyone a favor and stop posting.

...is that why I did a morning t2a spawn with some guildmates and...hmm, would you like to guess what happened? NOBODY SHOWED UP TO RAID.

How many times do we have to say it before you get it through your thick skull? If you don't do your spawns in a high traffic/often checked area (i.e. destard, despise), you won't get ******* raided. Stop complaining on the forums and do some damn spawns for yourself.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's artificial difficulty with ridiculous restrictions that adds nothing to the experience. Do everyone a favor and stop posting.

...is that why I did a morning t2a spawn with some guildmates and...hmm, would you like to guess what happened? NOBODY SHOWED UP TO RAID.

How many times do we have to say it before you get it through your thick skull? If you don't do your spawns in a high traffic/often checked area (i.e. destard, despise), you won't get ******* raided. Stop complaining on the forums and do some damn spawns for yourself.
This is true i did spawn at despise on Origin a popular well patrolled spawn one red showed up threw down a poison field then left me alone after i said Hi and went about my Biz really whats the fear here people die in PVM all the time its no different in FEL just do it and yes i know you will say someone will show up at last second and blah blah but how often have you collected death robes on the roof just to have the RNG screw you....

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is true i did spawn at despise on Origin a popular well patrolled spawn one red showed up threw down a poison field then left me alone after i said Hi and went about my Biz really whats the fear here people die in PVM all the time its no different in FEL just do it and yes i know you will say someone will show up at last second and blah blah but how often have you collected death robes on the roof just to have the RNG screw you....
yep, never understood why folks are afraid of PvP, i'd much rather I died to another human than to have to admit an AI controlled NPC was smarter than I am . . .

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

More personal stories that mean nothing. I have been raided multiple times in a non-high traffic area. So?
But I guess hoping that you would ever get it through your thick skull, that a story someone recounts on the forums means nothing compared to something verifiable (price data), would be as pointless as to expect you to understand how supply and demand interact.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More personal stories that mean nothing. I have been raided multiple times in a non-high traffic area. So?
But I guess hoping that you would ever get it through your thick skull, that a story someone recounts on the forums means nothing compared to something verifiable (price data), would be as pointless as to expect you to understand how supply and demand interact.
and how long ago were these mythical raids of yours? 10 years ago? How do multiple people, on multiple shards, manage to get spawns done without seeing anyone...but you can't? The only people I've raided recently were some EJ guys on LS, which I only did because I knew they couldn't get scrolls, and didn't want to let the Neira go to waste. If I happened to see a character named "Railshot", I wouldn't hesitate to kill you. Just because it's you.

I'll admit that you probably won't see anyone early in the morning, especially on a holiday like today, but these spawns get done without incident everywhere throughout the day. Logic (which you fail to use) would dictate that YOU are the incorrect party here.

You keep bringing up prices, when it's a completely BS argument.

Magery: Roughly the same price as it was before the pet revamp.
Tactics: Went up.
Resist: Went up.
Eval: Might have gone up? Not sure, I haven't made any new mages lately (I have done some template conversion, but those characters have already eaten the scrolls required.)
Wrestling: went up MASSIVELY. Was worth about as much as Throwing currently is so people would pretty much give them away.

Outside of eval, those are the top 4 desired scrolls in terms of prices. I'm unaware of the prices of others (that pets can use, anyway) because I don't feed my pets any of them...and haven't been in the mood to make any throwers for EM events (so I'm as yet unaware of the price on a 120 Anatomy, but it's likely gone up a bit.)

You have 99% of the game's content available to you, when it's far more lucrative in terms of gold than a champ spawn. You can do a dozen spawns and not see a single 120...or, if you do, it's probably NOT going to be one of Magery/Resist/Wrestling/Tactics. You can also do the same # of Shadowguard runs, and depending on how many characters you bring (I bring 3 tamers), you could conceivably walk away with at least one Cameo, which is worth at least 3x what people will pay for a 120 Tactics (and that's for a less desirable Slayer - I sold an Arachnid on Atl for 130m in August last year.) One of the Demon Cameos I sold went for about 170m.

Why do you think the scroll prices haven't gone down? I told you before that it was not because of the pvp'ers. We could very easily starve (or flood) the market with them, because people like you won't do spawns. But we don't. Once again: the real reason is because of tamers. They wanted all these scrolls, but wouldn't go get them for themselves. What do you think is going to happen as a result? I'll take "Actions that cause prices to increase" for $2,000, Alex.

If the pvp'ers aren't doing spawns often enough (which we clearly aren't, as evidenced by how the prices haven't fallen/how people are reporting they aren't getting raided), why aren't the pvm'ers doing them? Could it be because they don't want to? When there's a good chance you WON'T get raided, there's literally no excuse for being unable to get your own scrolls. Why do you think the prices of the Enchantress Cameos (with whatever Slayer) haven't gone down? The DEMAND hasn't changed - people still want them; I, for my part, want at least one full set of 6 for every server, simply so I don't have to use Enemy of One on my event throwers. Do you have ANY idea how long that would take?

But, whatever the shard, there's probably only a small group that ever farms Shadowguard...if there's anyone at all that does it on the server. The same can be said for Medusa and the Slither, Doom and the Scholar's Halo, etc. It's because nobody gives a **** about farming for any of it, because it's freaking boring to do Doom/Shadowguard/Medusa over and over with nothing to show for it. The only reason I was able to get the Cameos I did on Atl was because I use two characters (with one run of 3), got extremely lucky with the RNG, and did multiple runs back to back (let's say 3 at minimum) a day. That was prior to the pet revamp, because I used "lesser" pets (Rune Beetle/Nightmare, White Wyrm/Nightmare) to speed things up, with my two guildmates using Greater Dragons.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Note

• Unlimited houses.
As soon as I regain some respect for you and begin to appeciate you and your points here TB, you go in the gutter again, by : Calling pple Trammies, (or care bears, or weak chars, as others here have said).
Also by the offensive post above "Extreme Easycore" and its details.

Why so angry? Why you do this, you gain some credibility and then you blow it all up.
Suggestion : Calm down before you post. Don't post while *issed.

The game is fun and a nice escape for the few hours we play a week. And post here.
Negativity is not worth it at all.

I think it will be more productive for BOTH sides to soften up the sarcasm, negativity and accusations of what happened 10 years ago the PKer then who killed the farmers etc, and concentrate on how to enhance this UO we all love or we would not be here talking about. Productive and courteous critique will bring a better result imo.

And after all this mudslinging : NOTHING will happen, since the Devs have NO interest in any changes to the PVP vs non PVP, facet rule changes etc. I suspect they are too busy trying to resolve bugs/errors/omissions in the game, and plan for the next releases hopefully. They will not touch a hot potato like this, not at this time.

I reckon we can do better in our posts/debates..

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You keep bringing up prices, when it's a completely BS argument.

Magery: Roughly the same price as it was before the pet revamp.
Tactics: Went up.
Resist: Went up.
Eval: Might have gone up? Not sure, I haven't made any new mages lately (I have done some template conversion, but those characters have already eaten the scrolls required.)
Wrestling: went up MASSIVELY. Was worth about as much as Throwing currently is so people would pretty much give them away.
You list a bunch of scrolls that increased in price like it somehow contradicts what I am saying?
You can add Meditation, Focus, and Parrying. I am sure a bunch more did as well.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege is a trammel facet disguise as fel. If we get enough trammel players to come to siege and play we could take over the world I mean siege. turn it into the trammel facet it suppose to be. :D

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You list a bunch of scrolls that increased in price like it somehow contradicts what I am saying?
yes, because you're blaming the pvp'ers for it (false) because we somehow, despite the existence of people who are able to do spawns without being raided, are the sole party responsible for the price increase of scrolls. If it really were the case, every single one would have gone up BEFORE the pet revamp.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, because you're blaming the pvp'ers for it (false) because we somehow, despite the existence of people who are able to do spawns without being raided, are the sole party responsible for the price increase of scrolls. If it really were the case, every single one would have gone up BEFORE the pet revamp.
Ah, yes. I already explained the demand part of the equation multiple times. So I suppose there is little point of doing it again.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, yes. I already explained the demand part of the equation multiple times. So I suppose there is little point of doing it again.
and you're STILL incapable of blaming tamers for it. Are you done trolling yet?

Question. Do you go on the HOT forums at all? Why not make a poll about spawns over there, and see how many of the pvp'ers raid/don't raid/don't go to spawns at all?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and you're STILL incapable of blaming tamers for it. Are you done trolling yet?

Question. Do you go on the HOT forums at all? Why not make a poll about spawns over there, and see how many of the pvp'ers raid/don't raid/don't go to spawns at all?
Dear lord, you are going to make me explain again.
Imagine that I invented a rubrics cube. I make them and sell them for $5 a piece. Then somebody shows it on TV and all of a sudden everybody wants it. I cannot keep up with demand. Resellers jack the prices to $100 a piece. Other's see these insane prices and start making the the cubes as well. Before you know it, the market flooded with the cubes and the prices are back down to $5.
This is an example of how free market works. In this case the TV exposure is equivalent to the pet publish.
Now in UO we have something different. As soon as other's try to start making the cubes, I sue them for patent infringement and shut down their factories. The supply of cubes never increases and the prices remain at $100 per cube.

So once again, yes - the initial price hike is due to the increased demand from the tamers. The fact that prices never came down again is due to limited supply (PvPers not allowing anyone else to the scrolls). Last year all the PvPers on these forums were screaming that there is not restrictions and prices will fall in a year. And here we are.

Now to your second question. I do not know what the HOT forums are. Moreover, again, forum polls are as irrelevant as your personal stories if there is pricing data available. If a stock X doubled in price in the last week, it does not matter if you and everyone else you know has been dumping it. It still means that most people are buying it.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
translation: I keep repeating the same tired BS because "Wah wahhh wahhh, the pvp'ers were mean to me 10 years ago." I'm done with this. You're going on ignore.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG !! Put this thread to bed. Every so often, from the beginning of this game , a few greedy people want it all their way. Then we get these threads and have hear all the rational as to why. REVELATION ........The only thing that drives prices of power scrolls is NEED. And as with all goods in UO , that is driven by the game changes and new additions .Most here understand and enjoy the fact that some things have greater risk If you are not happy with the UO that everyone else is, then join a player run UO

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
translation: I keep repeating the same tired BS because "Wah wahhh wahhh, the pvp'ers were mean to me 10 years ago." I'm done with this. You're going on ignore.
Translation: I still can't understand basic economic concepts and to avoid making it even more obvious, I will just disregard the whole argument.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as I regain some respect for you and begin to appeciate you and your points here TB, you go in the gutter again, by : Calling pple Trammies, (or care bears, or weak chars, as others here have said).
Also by the offensive post above "Extreme Easycore" and its details.

Why so angry? Why you do this, you gain some credibility and then you blow it all up.
Suggestion : Calm down before you post. Don't post while *issed.

The game is fun and a nice escape for the few hours we play a week. And post here.
Negativity is not worth it at all.

I think it will be more productive for BOTH sides to soften up the sarcasm, negativity and accusations of what happened 10 years ago the PKer then who killed the farmers etc, and concentrate on how to enhance this UO we all love or we would not be here talking about. Productive and courteous critique will bring a better result imo.

And after all this mudslinging : NOTHING will happen, since the Devs have NO interest in any changes to the PVP vs non PVP, facet rule changes etc. I suspect they are too busy trying to resolve bugs/errors/omissions in the game, and plan for the next releases hopefully. They will not touch a hot potato like this, not at this time.

I reckon we can do better in our posts/debates..

There was no anger there tbh, it was just a logical post.

The word Trammies, is just a word, context is everything when you use a word, and in that context, I wasn't being insulting or angry.
It's a word to describe players who play in Trammel.
Give me another word?
When I put weak minded, or greedy, in front of it, and there is that connotation, it's a description to that style of player, not all.
But Trammie does pertain to all, whether you like it or not. I think the issue here, is Trammies feel insulted by being called that, tbh, I never really got that, how you all feel insulted being called that - which is why I get so many negative responses lol.
I know for fact, there are a lot of nice Trammies.
I do admit, when I am really annoyed about he state of the game, I do tend to stereotype and blame the entire lot for being sheep, but I try to steer away from that as a norm.

Regarding Fel/Siege - you have to admit, Trammies do tend to call all PvPers - Pkers, and they do tend to mix Siege up with Felucca.
So this isn't one sided by a long way.
Even in this post, you see Frodo trolling again for the billionth time, with a sentence he's used a million times - something like, haha Siege is too hardcore for pvpers.
Someone completely correctly has to explain again, it's a completely different and far more restricted rulset, it isn't too hard as such.

And yeah, I do tend to post in different moods, and they do have different outcomes.
That's funny though. :D

If you look at what I posted, logically, would you agree with it?
I've said, if one is fair, the other is fair.
I've pointed out the differences between Siege and Felucca, and tried to apply that to Trammel and whatever you want to call it's equivalent (I called it extreme easycore, you can insert name).
Give it a name?
Would you agree such a ruleset would be extreme easycore?
Should we call it novice level or something?
Extreme chilled, relaxed version UO?

Take off the chip on the shoulders that is always looking for an insult, and look at what I wrote, dispassionately, and respond?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still you are doing it :p I can see your point though, but is there any point in this discussion in general? PvPers like to fight it out, so they do here... don't expect them to find some middle ground.

And now back to "I soloed a spawn on a half dead shard" stories ;)

North_LS

Journeyman
I'd be fine with this, provided shard transfers to/from it were disabled. I probably wouldnt play it, but no issue with it being available to those who would.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is like when people complain there's no white history month in February...
Ironically my freshman year in high school my school always did the "of the month" thing. I asked my teacher why there wasn't a white guy month. Yeah she didn't take that well. It was actually an honest question at the time. I hadn't developed my cynical mentality yet at that time.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Oh man, my favorite conversation has spilled into a new thread.

:popcorn:

:postcount:
The real question is how do we spin it off from here?

Lost lands only shard?

Though jokes aside, it's a shame they don't refurbish existing content like the lost lands, ils, etc

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One week later
Fair is fair.... Malas only shard request
One week later
Fair is fair.... Ter Mur only shard request
One week later
Fair is fair.... Tokuno only shard request

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I demand a shard where POF, Imbuing and skill locks do not exist and insurance is 20 times normal.

<shrug> Jus' hadda do it.

All desires yanked from my .... ear. Yeah, that's where.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys keep wanting segregation until you'll end up playing by yourselves.

There's really only one reason for having separate shards now and that's housing.