• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Want new players on Siege? Get rid of RoT.

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone!

I have been playing Siege Perilous for about a year now, and I can tell you, it is amazing. I feel like it is extremely close to what UO was supposed to be. After playing here and building a guild and getting to know the community somewhat, I have come to feel like production servers are nothing but watered down test centers, where everything is safe and there is absolutely no risk and nothing really matters. That is my opinion, I know some of you feel like paying 200 million for a slither makes perfect sense and love every minute of it. Everyone has their preferred play style and that is wonderful. To each their own. Here is what I do not understand:

I see a lot of threads here saying, "Hey, come to Siege you will love it!" and I believe that is true. I went there(rather skeptical I may add), loved it, and left Catskills pretty much for good, other than to say hello to my few remaining friends there. However, I am really trying to get behind the RoT skill gain system, and that seems to be the chief complaint about the server I hear from production players. It isn't that they don't like Siege, or don't want to come there, it is that after playing this game for 20 years, and slogging through the massive grind fest that UO already is, the idea of building a crafter or a tamer or a weapon skill at .2 per hour is not appealing. Add to the fact that you get one character, and therefore have to be pretty self-sufficient and will need to be able to provide for yourself is rather daunting when you realize how many soul-stones you will need and how much time you will have to invest into everything. It all comes down to time in the end.

Siege is a truly great and unique UO experience. From the feedback I get from a lot of players that I try to bring over, if making a character were more achievable in a timely sense, I really feel that we would have a larger population running around.

Thank you for reading this.
-Blitz of Siege

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll back you up here re how good Siege is.
I've always wanted to play Siege, never got round to it, but have started now.
Really great fun, it's nice to have to start the hard way, and play the hard way, like you say, it feels like UO should be.
I play Europa as main, always will, but we dominate there ;) so I have the capacity to spread out a bit.
We are thinking of sending a pvp team to Atlantic, to let our hair down, and I'm playing a concept character on Siege, just for fun, I won't be mega competitive, but it's a fun character.

Re ROT, I hear so much about it, truthfully, I don't even understand it - and I'm not stressed about it.
I'm not there yet on my character, (I hear it's 70+skills), I'm personally not bothered either way, but I can imagine many would be.
For me, I'm happy to play it up, I'm not in a hurry.

Last edited:

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I will be in the minority, but I really like ROT. It prevents massive scripting to gain skill, helps people learn as they grow and fosters people working together. In my opinion I would rather see insurance than to get rid of ROT.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know I will be in the minority, but I really like ROT. It prevents massive scripting to gain skill, helps people learn as they grow and fosters people working together. In my opinion I would rather see insurance than to get rid of ROT.
I like it.... was the FASTEST ever to gain in Taming... was great for crafters not wasting 100's of thousands of materials... really rather liked it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like it.... was the FASTEST ever to gain in Taming... was great for crafters not wasting 100's of thousands of materials... really rather liked it.
Used to be. Once your at 90 you can gain surprisingly well with just masteries.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
RoT sucks. If it gets removed, I would start playing Siege immediately. I think Rot is the biggest obstacle to Siege gaining new players.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RoT sucks. If it gets removed, I would start playing Siege immediately. I think Rot is the biggest obstacle to Siege gaining new players.
I agree with this. I have characters on Siege. RoT keeps me from finishing them. I don't mind losing items and all that stuff. I just don't want to spend a month building a character that I could decide to that I want to make a skill change to and then be out another month.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have to agree. i have a character on siege, built a house and played there for a bit. really wanted to get into it, but it just takes too long to train a character.

i still log on from time time, but really cant do much cause my character sucks. and i will never have the time to train him with ROT :/ (even if i did have the time, i think that would be a very BAD use of it, and id probably get depressed every time i thought about how much time i wasted on a UO character)

dont get me wrong, i think the idea was ok 15 to 20 years ago, when the game was still fresh. but now it just doesnt make any sense.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the thing is theres nothing to "learn as you go", most the people who would be playing siege are vets and learned just about everything a decade or more ago.

as for scripting, from what ive seen rot encourages it.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like RoT, especially when you have an alacrity scroll. With 2 alacrities you can get any skill from 0 to 120 within a matter of 3-4 days tops!
But even without alacrities I have NEVER taken longer than a 10 days to max out any skill. You can even do it in a 5-7 days by macroing (attended of course) and it will use a lot less resources than on prodo.

I am surprised that you seem to think skills gain at 0.2 per hour.
From 70-80 you will be able to gain 0.1 every 5 minutes, from 80-90 every 8 minutes, from 90-100 every 12 minutes and from 100-120 every 15 minutes. So even the slowest rate will be 0.4 per hour.

As so often this is simply different from prodo servers but all you have to do is have someone who knows the system show you how it's done or wrap your mind around it yourself.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like RoT, especially when you have an alacrity scroll. With 2 alacrities you can get any skill from 0 to 120 within a matter of 3-4 days tops!
But even without alacrities I have NEVER taken longer than a 10 days to max out any skill. You can even do it in a 5-7 days by macroing (attended of course) and it will use a lot less resources than on prodo.

From 70-80 you will be able to gain 0.1 every 5 minutes, from 80-90 every 8 minutes, from 90-100 every 12 minutes and from 100-120 every 15 minutes. So even the slowest rate will be 0.4 per hour.

As so often this is simply different from prodo servers but all you have to do is have someone who knows the system show you how it's done or wrap your mind around it yourself.
i think our definitions of "too long" are way off. "too long" for me is anytime "days" are mentioned. 5 to 6 hours is pretty much the limit for what most people would be able to do.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I LOVE RoT.

OMG I remember how LONG it took me to even GM smithing and tailoring..how many BILLIONS of ingots and cloth I went through....not on Siege!

Getting to 70 in any skill is super easy....then RoT hits and it's like ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Get an alacrity scroll? OMG!

Never ever ever get rid of Rot..ever!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROT is one of the best features of Siege. Can easily train 7 skills to to Gm or 120 at the same time in 5-7 days. Now if the daily gain cap was still in place I would be right there with the ROT sucks crowd. As it is it is the best gains system in UO.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone!

I have been playing Siege Perilous for about a year now, and I can tell you, it is amazing. I feel like it is extremely close to what UO was supposed to be. After playing here and building a guild and getting to know the community somewhat, I have come to feel like production servers are nothing but watered down test centers, where everything is safe and there is absolutely no risk and nothing really matters. That is my opinion, I know some of you feel like paying 200 million for a slither makes perfect sense and love every minute of it. Everyone has their preferred play style and that is wonderful. To each their own. Here is what I do not understand:

I see a lot of threads here saying, "Hey, come to Siege you will love it!" and I believe that is true. I went there(rather skeptical I may add), loved it, and left Catskills pretty much for good, other than to say hello to my few remaining friends there. However, I am really trying to get behind the RoT skill gain system, and that seems to be the chief complaint about the server I hear from production players. It isn't that they don't like Siege, or don't want to come there, it is that after playing this game for 20 years, and slogging through the massive grind fest that UO already is, the idea of building a crafter or a tamer or a weapon skill at .2 per hour is not appealing. Add to the fact that you get one character, and therefore have to be pretty self-sufficient and will need to be able to provide for yourself is rather daunting when you realize how many soul-stones you will need and how much time you will have to invest into everything. It all comes down to time in the end.

Siege is a truly great and unique UO experience. From the feedback I get from a lot of players that I try to bring over, if making a character were more achievable in a timely sense, I really feel that we would have a larger population running around.

Thank you for reading this.
-Blitz of Siege
I honestly prefer RoT, but I wouldn't care too much about it getting removed. That said, the notion that it will impact the size the playerbase is fantasy.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also love RoT. It took me about 4-6 years (somewhere around there) to go from 50.0 Animal Taming to 120.0 on production shard (Great Lakes). On Siege using RoT, it took me 14 days of solid grinding. I didn't mind setting the egg timer in between gains. If I had to pick between RoT and GGS - RoT all the way baby!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

5-7 days? No way I could do that. I don't have the time to wait for a timer to go off every so often for me to do that. Maybe someone who works from home or is unemployed can. But definitely not me.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To settle this, I would suggest allowing players to pick either GGS or RoT for the period of a day. Each day you could chose what skill gain system you'd like to use, then it resets after the day and you pick another system the next day. Take that! :D

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Siege is the only shard I have naturally reached 120 Taming, and I've done it twice. Fishing? Check. Crafting skills? Check. ROT is one of the best features of the shard. And,

AND,

On Siege 99% of the time, pink scrolls go for 10k per 0.1 points, 100k for 1 point, 1 mil for 10 POINTS! So even if you get to 90 and decide you hate ROT, it will cost you 3 mil to jump to Legendary.

Check the prices on that same jump on prodo sometime, it'll make you vomit.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is the only shard I have naturally reached 120 Taming, and I've done it twice. Fishing? Check. Crafting skills? Check. ROT is one of the best features of the shard. And,

AND,

On Siege 99% of the time, pink scrolls go for 10k per 0.1 points, 100k for 1 point, 1 mil for 10 POINTS! So even if you get to 90 and decide you hate ROT, it will cost you 3 mil to jump to Legendary.

Check the prices on that same jump on prodo sometime, it'll make you vomit.
that may be true but good luck finding them. i searched for sots and found basically nothing. i need about 60 points in swordmanship and tactics.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe someone who works from home or is unemployed can.
I just have a timer on my computer, any time I'm working a skill, after work and on days off when I'm not out of the house I just keep the computer in the same room (if I'm not using it) snap over every 10-15 do my one click gain, and go back to doing what I was doing. I hate grinding out skills I've gmed 100 times over 10 years ago, RoT saves me hours and hours and hours of mindless skill ginding time, and lots of resource time/money for craft skills.

Alacrity scrolls make it pretty painless as well, and they aren't as hard to come by as pinks. Easily get it done in a day or two.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow - i know I'm an old man but i'll bet some of you remember back before trammel how long it took to GM a skill. Now people want to get to 120 in a few days. I have no problem with that, but I actually enjoy gaining skills.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have to agree with the PRO ROT crowd, I have been on siege for nearly a yr. Just a few weeks ago I gm'd begging in less than 2 days using sot's and alacrities. Once you get to rot sure, eat an alacrity and log in log out every 5, 8, 12, 15 mins til it is used, and play another char on prodo or siege if you have another account while you do it.

I don't think there is a single skill or craft that I haven't been able to gm or better in less than 4 days. Think you all forget how long it took originally to max your chars out on all skills, when you have played for 15-20 yrs you forget how slow it used to be.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have to agree with the PRO ROT crowd, I have been on siege for nearly a yr. Just a few weeks ago I gm'd begging in less than 2 days using sot's and alacrities. Once you get to rot sure, eat an alacrity and log in log out every 5, 8, 12, 15 mins til it is used, and play another char on prodo or siege if you have another account while you do it.

I don't think there is a single skill or craft that I haven't been able to gm or better in less than 4 days. Think you all forget how long it took originally to max your chars out on all skills, when you have played for 15-20 yrs you forget how slow it used to be.
Really the only skills worse to gain in RoT are combat skills because it's hard to work it out of your house, and the combat timer won't let you log, so alacrities don't help. Everything else much less painful.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow - i know I'm an old man but i'll bet some of you remember back before trammel how long it took to GM a skill. Now people want to get to 120 in a few days. I have no problem with that, but I actually enjoy gaining skills.
Like I've said before I think skill gain no longer has a place in the game. Skills used to be at least 90% of character development, now they are simply a template that decides which gear you grind for, because items are now at least 90% of character development. If it weren't for the scroll market I would say just allow people to buy skills cheap from npcs and be done with it.

All content is now for fulled skilled characters. There has been no effort to make a progressive experience, or even a new player experience, just Haven pushovers, then... not much worth doing... then "end game" stuff.

I wish there were more mid tier things to do that had real value like Blackthorns.

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont get me wrong, I am not complaining about RoT for ME building characters; RoT is Siege, and I love this shard. I have learned to adapt to it and this is the way it is, and that's fine. My issue is that after talking to ALOT of players from across alot of shards, this seems to be the dealbreaker that keeps coming up over and over again. I understand that most veteran Siege players have no issue with this, but I am not trying to come up with a plan to appease the old school siegers... you are all fully invested and not going anywhere by now. I am trying to get people to start new characters and start fresh here, and this seems to be the common denominator when it comes to making the leap to Siege. I know SP is not for everyone, but this one factor seems to prevent new characters from being created and/or invested in.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont get me wrong, I am not complaining about RoT for ME building characters; RoT is Siege, and I love this shard. I have learned to adapt to it and this is the way it is, and that's fine. My issue is that after talking to ALOT of players from across alot of shards, this seems to be the dealbreaker that keeps coming up over and over again. I understand that most veteran Siege players have no issue with this, but I am not trying to come up with a plan to appease the old school siegers... you are all fully invested and not going anywhere by now. I am trying to get people to start new characters and start fresh here, and this seems to be the common denominator when it comes to making the leap to Siege. I know SP is not for everyone, but this one factor seems to prevent new characters from being created and/or invested in.
Mmmm... a few years ago housing was the "deal breaker" that supposedly kept so many people off of siege. What happened? We lost a TON of land to never used "placed here cause I can, lol" houses that stand vacant to this day.

There are a lot of posts like these that come and go about the concessions siege could make to draw in players, but I think it's all just bunk. You either like open pvp/ full loot enough to play there on the regular, or you don't and those are the only real factors that keep people off siege.

I've said it before, I think that we as siege players need to stop worrying about what we can give up to make prodo players like us, and start thinking of what we would like to make our shard more special, and more for the people who already like playing there. Becoming a watered down prodo shard isn't going to be a good thing for siege, but maybe going in the opposite direction, and trying to become more unique would.

As an aside if anyone reading is one of the people who placed a "cuz I can" house, please consider dropping it. I know if feels like you are losing something, but consider the full timer players you are boxing out for no good reason. If you ever want to really play here you'll be able to find a spot.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mind ROT. Been slugging through it for nearly 10 years now. The number one complaint I have is lack of personal bless/personal insurance. I'd love to use some of the higher tier items, but they're so hard to come by and I don't want hours, days, possibly weeks, worth of grinding for a specific drop to go poof when I die or get looted from pvp.

If there's any change to Siege, I'd love to bless/insure 1 of each item. Armor, Jewel, weapon or shield, and accessory.

There are just too many different items in the game anymore. 1 bless item worked in 2000 when all you needed was GM armor and a GM katana. But it's 2017... time to evolve and get with the times.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
errr more like a few hours :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really the only skills worse to gain in RoT are combat skills because it's hard to work it out of your house, and the combat timer won't let you log, so alacrities don't help. Everything else much less painful.
LOL I like to put on arch, mace, swords, fence, bushi, parry, tactics and just stay at the wolf house............ the wolfs get you to 118.2 .7 in gains every rot timer After wolves just run up to the Yamadon whack him once with everything cure the poison and run back to the wolf house. Blue don't help true but it is not that painful.

Edit: The Wolf House/ Tsuki Garden house is open to the public and there is a tile to it from my Zento Hub house.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mind ROT. Been slugging through it for nearly 10 years now. The number one complaint I have is lack of personal bless/personal insurance. I'd love to use some of the higher tier items, but they're so hard to come by and I don't want hours, days, possibly weeks, worth of grinding for a specific drop to go poof when I die or get looted from pvp.

If there's any change to Siege, I'd love to bless/insure 1 of each item. Armor, Jewel, weapon or shield, and accessory.

There are just too many different items in the game anymore. 1 bless item worked in 2000 when all you needed was GM armor and a GM katana. But it's 2017... time to evolve and get with the times.
Totally agree there, it is a much different game than it was back then and the gear investment is worth a whole lot more. A naked mage with one blessed item and a bag of regs won't cut it now days.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and even most combat skills can now be gained with alacrities since masteries were introduced. I just used it to train parry. You just need to use the mastery that is a toggle and doesn't require you to attack something (toughness for mace, focused eye for swords). this leaves fencing, archery and wrestling (not sure if playing the odds works to train archery) as skills that need to be trained by actually hitting something.

Everyone who wants to give Siege a try and thinks that RoT is the last hurdle he can't jump please come to me and I'll show you how to get your character ready within a couple of days or 2 weeks tops for those who really only have little time available.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Honestly though, Item Insurance is the beginning of the end, it was for production shards.
The game becomes completely item based then.
It takes away that feel.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly though, Item Insurance is the beginning of the end, it was for production shards.
The game becomes completely item based then.
It takes away that feel.
becomes????????? it already is.

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I do have to agree with the game being item based. The fact is if you allow insurance you are literally throwing in the towel. There is no real difference then between siege and production shards a part from looting which will then be a mute point due to everyone running in uber suits with insurance... Lets be honest the main reason new people come to siege is the full loot option of the old days you take that away.. what do you have left oh wait the same game with a different shard name. I'm sorry but RoT and no insurance is what makes siege... siege you take that away its just another low populated shard. You want people to stay quit trying to get rid of pvpers, because you don't like their play style, and quit trying to make the only open looting shard a trammy playground without any risk.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I was working up a couple of templates on siege I found RoT a refreshingly good system. It actually took away the grind and allowed me to advance whilst just actually playing the game and having fun. Surely that's better than grinding in an effort to reach the end point as quickly as possible.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I do have to agree with the game being item based. The fact is if you allow insurance you are literally throwing in the towel. There is no real difference then between siege and production shards a part from looting which will then be a mute point due to everyone running in uber suits with insurance... Lets be honest the main reason new people come to siege is the full loot option of the old days you take that away.. what do you have left oh wait the same game with a different shard name. I'm sorry but RoT and no insurance is what makes siege... siege you take that away its just another low populated shard. You want people to stay quit trying to get rid of pvpers, because you don't like their play style, and quit trying to make the only open looting shard a trammy playground without any risk.
One suits worth of bless or insurance is a long way from prodo insurance. As it is you get better loot from ettins than you do most Siege players anyway :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Honestly the warrior skills are easy too....I just went and did what I normally do...getting bags of sending, powder of trans, or just collecting gold KNOWING that I was going to get a gain...not mindlessly beating on a golem or wolf spider for DAYS and days and days....Knowing that the gain is coming, and it's GUARENTEED? Amazing...spend an hour killing solens and getting a gain every 10 minutes? Two birds, one stone....

And what's fun for me? I have an entire house filled with just armor/jewelry sorted by type....have a few mannequins set up with back-up suits because I KNOW I am going to lose what I'm wearing eventually!

And as far as Stealth? I don't have a stealther but I LOVE it....you can wander around the shard for hours and not SEE anyone....but you have to KNOW that there are people EVERYWHERE....just watching you...waiting for that chance ;)

And I have to say, even though I love Origin, you can say hi in Gen chat there and get no response...on Siege? Very friendly community and very chatty! It's awesome.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Want to see more players on Siege? Get rid of Stealth. Problem solved.
one of the many recurring misconceptions about stealth in pvp is that you can't beat it and I'm not talking about detect hidden skill (doesn't work reliably enough to be worth it in pvp). Why only a few prodo pvpers have been able to figure out how to do this is a mystery to me though.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get rid of stealth means I don't play there and I bet a lot more would follow me out the door.
I was being a bit sarcastic, notice the exact wording i used. You literally don't see anyone on Siege, because almost everyone is stealthed, lol.
That's the thing though. On Siege, whenever you Stealth, you might as well be just plopping down a moonstone and going through the blue gate. People can't attack you, if they don't know you're there in the first place. Hell, there's not even Passive Detect on Siege. You can stealth right up next to someone, and fart in their face while dancing the jig and doing the macarena, and they'd never notice. Modern Stealth is way overpowered for the Pre-Tram ruleset that Siege tries to emulate.
Back during Pre-Tram days, Stealth wasn't automatic, you had to manually activate it and count your steps (one step too many, and you popped out of Hiding). There was no Animal Form for mount speed, stealth running, Smoke Bombs or Shadow Strike either. If someone so much as sneezed in your direction for 1 point of damage, it revealed you. If you messed up while stealthing, you were SoL, unless you had Invis items and Stealth was about off of cooldown. I should know, i had a red Stealth Fencer and i would assassinate people with DP Krysses. You had to work at stealth back then.

one of the many recurring misconceptions about stealth in pvp is that you can't beat it and I'm not talking about detect hidden skill (doesn't work reliably enough to be worth it in pvp). Why only a few prodo pvpers have been able to figure out how to do this is a mystery to me though.
I was using Greater Conflag and Exp Pots on my Samurai/Swordsman to pop Stealthers out of hiding 10 years ago when ML first released. Problem is, once again, you have to be aware that they are there in the first place. Towing a pack of Crows (Crows have 90.0 Detect Hidden) on Prodo (where there's Passive Detect) tends to piss off stealthers too.

Last edited:

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like rot made a 120 tmr gaining on fails as well tames it be wonderfull and a good part of the Siege experience.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bo has some comments about this. Last time the devs tried to make rot better they made it longer! Rot is a fine system that needs to be shortened. The time between gains should be shortened. Should be like 2-4-6 minutes. Or why isn't there a way for people to buy skills that someone else trained. The Bo personally hates training skills, and has plenty of money why isn't there a skillstone that the Bo could buy from someone that already has 120 skill points on. where the Bo could click on it and than have that skill trained.
Stealth also need to be fixed, put passive detect on siege.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was using Greater Conflag and Exp Pots on my Samurai/Swordsman to pop Stealthers out of hiding 10 years ago when ML first released. Problem is, once again, you have to be aware that they are there in the first place. Towing a pack of Crows (Crows have 90.0 Detect Hidden) on Prodo (where there's Passive Detect) tends to piss off stealthers too.
passive detect DOES exist on Siege contrary to what all the guides say.

I get revealed often, even by slimes and giant rats in despise and very often by birds out in the field. It was introduced without any kind of word by the devs so I figure it was an accidental bleed over from prodo and came unnoticed with a publish. I believe I first realized it around the time ToL went live but I'm not sure anymore. I even made a post about it at the time.
The minotaurs in the labyrinth are the worst, they reveal you all the time but I think they did that even before they accidentally added passive detect.

conflags and explosion pots work to a certain degree but you can easily out-stealth them. there are far better methods for both dexxers and casters.

lately they even introduced a bug where pets and summons cast on you even though you're stealthed.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Decided to pop on here just to see what's happening in Uo world since i've quit. I can say that I did give consideration to Siege prior to quitting but RoT was a huge deterrent for me. A lot of other people are bang on, it would be months before my character would be ready and if I ever needed to change anything it could put me back further. With only 1 character per account I think RoT could go but that's just me.