• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bringing the 20th Anniversary forward?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well then may as well quit worrying about taxes for next year... :coco::tinhat:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If these folks had any kind of knowledge about physics and astronomy they would realize just how foolish they sound. Fun fact most astronomers do believe that there is an unidentified planet a bit larger than the earth in our solar system. However it is thought to be well beyond pluto.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I have been a star watcher for nearly my whole life... I have read, seen, and watched much of the galaxy's points of interest.
Theory's abound on a second star to our sun out there, that we have a second moon (this one is real), how there is a nemesis planet, rogue planets to loose dwarf stars.
Mars is not a place to go live if things here fall apart...
Venus is what the Earth will become if we are not careful.
Jupiter protects us for the most part from a good deal of the space junk...
The biggest thing is about our space... we filled it up with tons of junk ..REAL JUNK.
So much bits and pieces that the space station must move to avoid it from killing all on board.
That's sad.
Where ever man goes he leaves a trail of his trash...
The solar eclipse will be fantastic. A real show of the universes great magic.

Now our world of UO is on its cusp of a major milestone.... 20 years of friends playing a different world then our own and conquering it.
Beta was different then the opening.... So much has changed.
But its not just the game..
We all have changed from the early days.
Long gone is the newness of the internet.. that made us feel in awe of the powers we had.
Ultima Online has held sway over my life for over 20 years (I was in beta).
I have seen the planets (players) of this world come and go...
I have come up to one conclusion.
I wouldn't change a thing.
(I would not want to loose the memory's of all the people I have had the great privilege to meet in this world of ours)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I have been a star watcher for nearly my whole life... I have read, seen, and watched much of the galaxy's points of interest.
Theory's abound on a second star to our sun out there, that we have a second moon (this one is real), how there is a nemesis planet, rogue planets to loose dwarf stars.
Mars is not a place to go live if things here fall apart...
Venus is what the Earth will become if we are not careful.
Jupiter protects us for the most part from a good deal of the space junk...
The biggest thing is about our space... we filled it up with tons of junk ..REAL JUNK.
So much bits and pieces that the space station must move to avoid it from killing all on board.
That's sad.
Where ever man goes he leaves a trail of his trash...
The solar eclipse will be fantastic. A real show of the universes great magic.

Now our world of UO is on its cusp of a major milestone.... 20 years of friends playing a different world then our own and conquering it.
Beta was different then the opening.... So much has changed.
But its not just the game..
We all have changed from the early days.
Long gone is the newness of the internet.. that made us feel in awe of the powers we had.
Ultima Online has held sway over my life for over 20 years (I was in beta).
I have seen the planets (players) of this world come and go...
I have come up to one conclusion.
I wouldn't change a thing.
(I would not want to loose the memory's of all the people I have had the great privilege to meet in this world of ours)
Absolutly insane how much junk there is that litters our orbit. There is a visual representation of it if you google it. Really kind of depressing.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen the Japanese working on ways to collect it all or send it to burn up in the re entry.... it was done on a trial run ..... didn't work so good.
That stuff is speeding around up there making a hazard not just to the station but anything that goes a bit too close to a path... we have lost a good deal of new satellite's due to tiny bits crashing in and destroying millions of dollars of hard work. We need a sky sweeper to collect the damn garbage.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have seen the Japanese working on ways to collect it all or send it to burn up in the re entry.... it was done on a trial run ..... didn't work so good.
That stuff is speeding around up there making a hazard not just to the station but anything that goes a bit too close to a path... we have lost a good deal of new satellite's due to tiny bits crashing in and destroying millions of dollars of hard work. We need a sky sweeper to collect the damn garbage.
Those tiny bits are speeding at 5 miles/second. Just absolutly mind boggling that a major orbital incident hasnt happened. There is an astroid coming within 1/8 of the distance of the earth to the moon (October 12) Maybe that will drag some of the garbage with it :D

*edit* Verified/changed date

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the Theory of Nibiru, being on an opposing orbit to the rest of the planets and of 20 thousand years.
The last time it passed close to the Earth, it destroyed a planet where the Asteroid belt is now and forced the moon to leave Mars orbit thus destroying Mars atmosphere and we gained the Moon.
Which is why we have scriptures talking about a time "before" the Moon.

Some really good imaginations out there that can make anything sound "plausible".
:tinhat:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the Theory of Nibiru, being on an opposing orbit to the rest of the planets and of 20 thousand years.
The last time it passed close to the Earth, it destroyed a planet where the Asteroid belt is now and forced the moon to leave Mars orbit thus destroying Mars atmosphere and we gained the Moon.
Which is why we have scriptures talking about a time "before" the Moon.

Some really good imaginations out there that can make anything sound "plausible".
:tinhat:
Actually...

Due to recent tests the moon was most likely created by earth itself. The current most popular belief is that the moon was actually remenant debris from when Theia struck the earth. Which is kind of cool because that means at one point the earth had a ring :)

As fars as mars' atmosphere that was more likely due to the weak magnetic field and it's tilt to the sun. It's actually incredibly lucky that earth and life exists. Everything has to be perfect.

The astroid belt is actually remenants from the early formation of our solar system. The theory of Nimbiru is that as it passes through this debris its gravity can disturb astroids' orbits sending them hurtling towards us.

Yeah I watch the science channel way too much lol.