• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Power Scrolls

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a great new taming publish just pushed out (love it). I think using power scrolls for pets was a smart move a great boost for PvP. Now I can charge those sniveling tramies 50 mil a scroll. Also with diminishing shard populations I have a guaranteed income to rival most others as power scrolls are a must have item. To make it even sweeter the new publish(lol) does not even bring the tamer 1/3 of the way to compete with the other overpowered templates out there.

Hi

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With a great new taming publish just pushed out (love it). I think using power scrolls for pets was a smart move a great boost for PvP. Now I can charge those sniveling tramies 50 mil a scroll. Also with diminishing shard populations I have a guaranteed income to rival most others as power scrolls are a must have item. To make it even sweeter the new publish(lol) does not even bring the tamer 1/3 of the way to compete with the other overpowered templates out there.

Hi
Hey

sarcasm.png

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Hi
Yes with new changes comes the obligatory whining and crying from pvpers calling for nerfs. Should just get rid of pvp all together. :)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes with new changes comes the obligatory whining and crying from pvpers calling for nerfs. Should just get rid of pvp all together. :)
Who would you sell all the items to that you farm in pvm?

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering, do you think it may be time to ditch 105's at the spawns - either make 110s or pinks drop from doing the spawn and then have the champ drop 115-120s ? Or too extreme?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not set foot in Fel since AoS launched.
To be honest though....if players didn't get the powerscrolls sorted before the taming patch went live then they deserve all they get, it's not like you can get them on any shard apart from Atlantic now anyway.....

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering, do you think it may be time to ditch 105's at the spawns - either make 110s or pinks drop from doing the spawn and then have the champ drop 115-120s ? Or too extreme?
You still have to remember that 12 exalted 110 scrolls equal 1 mythical 115 scroll. 10 mythical 115 scrolls still equal 120. With this system still in place i think that is a little extreme.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting old sucks, I think they should add 120's to trams as Tamer scrolls.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting old sucks, I think they should add 120's to trams as Tamer scrolls.
Just an FYI. 120 Powerscrolls are in no way shape or form rare or hard to come by. If you are afraid of the rare PK you can always pay premium prices. The only down side of farming them is once in a great while you might get pked. Crying and saying they are too expensive is lame. The only reason they are expensive is because you wont farm them yourself. Farming scrolls is probably the easiest way to make gold but unfortunately people complain instead of doing.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI. 120 Powerscrolls are in no way shape or form rare or hard to come by. If you are afraid of the rare PK you can always pay premium prices. The only down side of farming them is once in a great while you might get pked. Crying and saying they are too expensive is lame. The only reason they are expensive is because you wont farm them yourself. Farming scrolls is probably the easiest way to make gold but unfortunately people complain instead of doing.
It amuses me that people will die over and over to a monster with a predicable AI but are Skeered to die to a PK that they will rarely encounter......... Well unless they try to hangout at despise since it is the easiest to solo. Then will run into a few more of those mythical PVP/PK creatures. The problem I see is not the getting scrolls but getting the right scrolls.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It amuses me that people will die over and over to a monster with a predicable AI but are Skeered to die to a PK that they will rarely encounter......... Well unless they try to hangout at despise since it is the easiest to solo. Then will run into a few more of those mythical PVP/PK creatures. The problem I see is not the getting scrolls but getting the right scrolls.
Trust me no one is "Skeered to die to a pk. There are far better reasons to avoid "that part" of the game. It is obvious you did not read into the sarcasm of my original post. It was a prediction of what will soon be, not me crying foul or for an easy button.
I have more power scrolls than most I can assure you. Its admirable to see you defend the last of the undesirables and amusing as well:]

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me no one is "Skeered to die to a pk. There are far better reasons to avoid "that part" of the game. It is obvious you did not read into the sarcasm of my original post. It was a prediction of what will soon be, not me crying foul or for an easy button.
I have more power scrolls than most I can assure you. Its admirable to see you defend the last of the undesirables and amusing as well:]
Have yet to find a reason to avoid that part of the game. LOL Skeered is the only reason 99.9% of the population does not go to fel. Double resources, power scrolls, Luck bonus, better T map loot............ None of it overcomes the fear of getting whacked by a PK. I can't even remember the last time I saw another player in fel let alone got attacked by one on Prodo. Siege on the other hand is a different story. As far as the undesirables I neither promote or defend them as in the grand scheme of things they mean so much as fart gas in terms of their relevance to the game as a whole.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of us tamer types are now needin' legendary wrestling scrolls, and they're hard to come by. Just sayin'.
Before the Taming Revamp, you'd have a hard time even trying to give away a 120 Wrest PS for free. Now, they're flying off the shelves faster than hotcakes. A single Publish made them go from one of the least desired PS, to one of the most desired PS. Bet you certain sites that sell PS were going "WTF is going on!?" when all of a sudden they started selling hundreds of 120 Wrest PS within one week. In that one week, they probably sold more 120 Wrest PS than they have in the entire history of those sites. Bet you they're really facepalming at their $1.00 price tag on those 120 Wrest PS too, lol.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before the Taming Revamp, you'd have a hard time even trying to give away a 120 Wrest PS for free. Now, they're flying off the shelves faster than hotcakes. A single Publish made them go from one of the least desired PS, to one of the most desired PS. Bet you certain sites that sell PS were going "WTF is going on!?" when all of a sudden they started selling hundreds of 120 Wrest PS within one week. In that one week, they probably sold more 120 Wrest PS than they have in the entire history of those sites. Bet you they're really facepalming at their $1.00 price tag on those 120 Wrest PS too, lol.
Friend bought some that were unvendorable and wouldn't go in her scroll book...... So looks like the duping of Wrestling scrolls has began LOL

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you earned those 100s of 120s you bragged about, or you bought them all for 1.00 each ? I"m confused.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crawl back under your rock Garth and learn to read and then comprehend.
I"m going to edit this and remove my crude comments, because that wasn't my intention, you can leave yours up though if you want. I should have just used clean language and said "Did you buy all of those scrolls or are you really this monster Champ Spawner (which I don't think you are) and you amassed that huge and almost unbelievable mountain of 120s, one can only image the number of 105s through 115s you also have. I suppose you could have binded them all. I would rather hear the story of how such a busy farmer found the time left at the end of what can only be assumed to be a tiring day of farming , to then find the time to do all of the champ spawns you've done, and other...well, wait, I'm hurting the story. Are you only going to share pictures of the spoils of your UO adventures, or would you mind sharing with those of us that wonder about it, what a day in the life of Tyrath consisted of back when you were in your prime ? Get passed the arrogant sounds of the words I used, i would honestly like to know. I don't expect an actual reply, only an insult or 2 slung at me, I just hope I don't get yet another troll warning, when that's really that my intention.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Untwist your farmer panties and look past my language, it was still just a question.
A question you need not have asked as you already know since I explained where my scrolls came from and how. To have collected around 700-800 120s many of which started out life as 105,110, and 115s and got converted to 120s is actually a pretty low number to have accumulated over a couple of decades.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*lifts rock* I dont see Garth....

:postpics:
For whatever reason Garth woke up one day and decided he doesn't like me :) For a while now we have been very good at simply not talking to each other. Personally I wish that had continued.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For whatever reason Garth woke up one day and decided he doesn't like me :) For a while now we have been very good at simply not talking to each other. Personally I wish that had continued.
Show me one post I made where I said "gosh, i don't like that Tyrath guy"..you won't find one. I called you out one day as a braggart, which was my right to do, you took offense and immediately went on the defensive name calling path which you've called others out for doing. And we were doing good not talking to each other, until you posted yet another Look at me, look how awesome I am, post. I like your take on pets and training, I absolutely hate the way you rub it in everyones face as if none of us know how to do anything until Tyrath does it and then explains it to the rest of us.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Show me one post I made where I said "gosh, i don't like that Tyrath guy"..you won't find one. I called you out one day as a braggart, which was my right to do, you took offense and immediately went on the defensive name calling path which you've called others out for doing. And we were doing good not talking to each other, until you posted yet another Look at me, look how awesome I am, post. I like your take on pets and training, I absolutely hate the way you rub it in everyones face as if none of us know how to do anything until Tyrath does it and then explains it to the rest of us.

You are taking as you choose to take it not how I present it. If I am presenting it as rubbing in you face apologies. I share my experiences and the cost and complications of making them happen. I had a lot of power scrolls and I burned a lot of power scrolls and conveyed the value/cost of tinkering with them. I simply would never have used or sold those scrolls never planned on it. Then found something I enjoy that just happened to eat power scrolls. Anyway there are plenty of people out there that don't know how to do things BECAUSE THERE REALLY IS NO GUIDE TO UO. Even then there are so many different perspectives on how to accomplish the same thing. I imagine you are training your pets up DPs just the same as I am not because I said so.... But because you are one of the few others that spends a lot of time on the water with them. I just happen to detail my adventures with them.

Like spending 2.5 hours training 19 pets from 1-2 and 2-3 on the same Pirate until he was beat down to his underwear and only had 4 durability left on his bow :) Not bragging anyone can do it just sharing the base knowledge and what I believe is the best and fastest way to get it done. If someone else believes Shame is the best, I am not knocking them, even if I disagree and believe my way is better. If that is being a Braggart guess I will wear the title proudly.

pet training on pirate boat.jpg

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Geez not sure why peeps are afraid to go to Fel, I do maps there everyday and I would love to be attacked by a pk, its been way over a year since I had such excitement, always got a bag full of good loot for that day.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Geez not sure why peeps are afraid to go to Fel, I do maps there everyday and I would love to be attacked by a pk, its been way over a year since I had such excitement, always got a bag full of good loot for that day.
I really can't see much of a difference between fel and tram other than everyone hangs out in tram and the trees are ugly in fel :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not really a "Fear" of going to Fel... It's more of a distinct desire not to have to deal with PvPers... Don't care for the playstyle... don't care to deal with it.

If they put PS's in Tram... I'd never set foot in Fel... don't really care what they put in Fel or what they stick in VvV for deco and such... will not make me want to go there.

Prefer to remain in Trammel where I don't have to deal with it.

Now... If on a tamer I thought I had some tiny hope that I might be able to hold my own... I might not care. But fact of the matter is most tamers who gear for PvM and prefer PvM gear their pet for PvM as well.... so they aren't going to be able to do SQUAT to a PvPer... especially not at reduced damage and all... and before the recent change my Spider might have been somewhat of a threat and I might have been able to hold my own against one PvPer... maybe... but usually when I see someone invade the spawn I'm doing it's 2 or more of them... not just one. But now that the changes went into effect he's been clipped and can no longer do a spawn hardly at all.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never mind the PvPers.
What I'm looking at is a grind.
I have about 400 scrolls. Of those, two are legendary wrestling scrolls.
So, one scroll in 200 is a legendary wrestling scroll.
It takes me about two hours to get five scrolls. It would take me about 80 hours to get 200 scrolls.

80 hour grind, to get one legendary wrestling scroll. I'm calling that "hard to come by."

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Never mind the PvPers.
What I'm looking at is a grind.
I have about 400 scrolls. Of those, two are legendary wrestling scrolls.
So, one scroll in 200 is a legendary wrestling scroll.
It takes me about two hours to get five scrolls. It would take me about 80 hours to get 200 scrolls.

80 hour grind, to get one legendary wrestling scroll. I'm calling that "hard to come by."
Least you can get them.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure if the luck affects the drop rate. My suit has no luck. I did two rounds of rats. I didnt receive 120 scrolls. I think the drop rate of legendary scrolls should be increased.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Least you can get them
I am not sure if the luck affects the drop rate. My suit has no luck. I did two rounds of rats. I didnt receive 120 scrolls
Scroll Binders are your friend, most of those 120's you see floating around on vendors were made that way ;)

Scroll.png
*115 scrolls needed to create a 120 powerscroll = 10

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Powerscrolls are still not shard bound, can just farm on a dead shard and import.