• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Mage Tower of Sonoma Wants its Sea Dragon Stable Master Back!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Mesanna Almost 12 years ago the Mage Tower was built on Sonoma, location is on Moonglow Isle, some of the really neat features was an Orge watchman and sea dragon stable master. The sea dragon is missing and we like it back, please!

5-6-170006.jpg

5-6-170007.jpg

sn-Dedication_of_the_Sonoma_MageTowerKM.jpg

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I believe this happened to all the blessed houses in the game that had NPC's. Three that I know of on Napa Valley. I have already submitted this into a bug report yesterday.
1. Mith Cathedral of fire 72 56 S 34 6 E (I put teleports and recall runes down for the other three blessed houses on the west side of the castle)
2. The White rose Inn 41 31 S 39 5 E
3. City of Shannara 156 47 S 45 54 E
4. The University of Virtue 117 41 S 0 21 E (this one I can't remember if there was one there or not.)

I really hate to see these places falling apart. They're a museum today for UO.

I could put a video of what was there. Stratics doesn't allow my videos of UO

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's sad to see old blessed and seer locations falling into disrepair due to dev apathy or negligence.

There was a tunnel connecting the Britain moongate to the guard tower just SE of the WBB. There was a 'hole' tile at each end with a bit of cave to run through. The moongate's hole was deleted when they cleaned up the NPC that gave you the corrupted Bane Chosen books. Mesanna flat out refused to restore the tunnel, but wouldn't give a reason (though she did sort of try to blame it on GL's EMs...which was complete BS). The tunnel still works if you go in through the Britain side, but hardly anyone knows about it anymore.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the disappearance of the Stable masters seems to come and go with different patches.
i know the old Seer Stable i use one Sonoma lost its stable master just last week but the powers that be where nice enough to put one back.
but like @Drakelord mentions others have disappeared over the years at random publishes.
im sure if they are submitted they will be replaced.
it seems like something they do when they have some down time.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's sad to see old blessed and seer locations falling into disrepair due to dev apathy or negligence.

There was a tunnel connecting the Britain moongate to the guard tower just SE of the WBB. There was a 'hole' tile at each end with a bit of cave to run through. The moongate's hole was deleted when they cleaned up the NPC that gave you the corrupted Bane Chosen books. Mesanna flat out refused to restore the tunnel, but wouldn't give a reason (though she did sort of try to blame it on GL's EMs...which was complete BS). The tunnel still works if you go in through the Britain side, but hardly anyone knows about it anymore.
And our poor little fire beetle Sparky lost his home there... and has been left to languish near the Moonglow Zoo out in the elements away from his tunnel. Sad life for him. He needs to be returned to his home...

We asked to get a gate in return for ruining out tunnel... but Mesanna denied us. Rather upsetting.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the one i submitted was.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe this happened to all the blessed houses in the game that had NPC's. Three that I know of on Napa Valley. I have already submitted this into a bug report yesterday.
1. Mith Cathedral of fire 72 56 S 34 6 E (I put teleports and recall runes down for the other three blessed houses on the west side of the castle)
2. The White rose Inn 41 31 S 39 5 E
3. City of Shannara 156 47 S 45 54 E
4. The University of Virtue 117 41 S 0 21 E (this one I can't remember if there was one there or not.)

I really hate to see these places falling apart. They're a museum today for UO.

I could put a video of what was there. Stratics doesn't allow my videos of UO
SP lost the dark father on the roof of the bank like 8 years ago. :(

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
:sad2: Lake austin lost all their ncp weld, mongbats and people at our weld memorial site. All the history of five years gone. Guess we are lucky that the small memorial was left.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Poo is saying they will replace these things if you ask. It can't hurt to ask.
I put in a request for Napa's losses.
We gave up asking on GL's... they just broke our tunnel and shoved poor Sparky out in the cold gave us false promise and left it broken.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we could have the Atlantic Fairground back, the small one that used to be in the clearing outside Britain. It was a historic RP location. Now that opening is home to an ugly EM house.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty neat place there.. years ago i made a post as i was travelling each shard looking for unique stuff to look at on each shard that was special to each shard ....and i wasnt shown this on Sonoma...oh well guess i can go back and add it to my world unique locations/buildings runebooks at some point.....

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
pretty neat place there.. years ago i made a post as i was travelling each shard looking for unique stuff to look at on each shard that was special to each shard ....and i wasnt shown this on Sonoma...oh well guess i can go back and add it to my world unique locations/buildings runebooks at some point.....
Don't remember did you see the the Cathedral of fire? I have a video of a castle in the ocean on Napa. That castle is gone now.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Drakelord:

This Clops guy seems to has taken a lot of time away from Mesanna when she could have taken care of issues like these houses.
It's going to take time before she can get to this. If she does at all. freaking sucks.

Yes, only Mesanna can replace these NPC's it would seem.

Last edited:

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am so sorry for the Necro post. But as far as I was aware (this was years ago), I was the last remaining TMT in UO. PLEASE tell me there's other TMT people out there?! PLEASE!!!