• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Baja, Izumo, and Origin Pub 97 Update

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all, We have fixed the following issues and publishing this to Izumo this evening 4/20/2017. Baja and Origin will get it during their maintenance on 4/21/2017. Pet max base stamina is not capped at 150. Resolved issue where trained pets taming requirements reset after server maintenance. Enjoy! UO Team

Continue reading...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Phoenix got nerfed I think ?

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So.... stamina is or is not capped at 150?
Yes thats odd wording, you wonder if thats meant to say "pet stamina is now capped at 150", if they removed the cap you would expect the wording "no longer capped at"

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes thats odd wording, you wonder if thats meant to say "pet stamina is now capped at 150", if they removed the cap you would expect the wording "no longer capped at"
Yeah i'm pretty sure that was a typo. Good change though. Glad they actually listened to concerns about the phoenix. On the negative side there were really only two things to search for in wild pet stats, and those were cap breaking Str, and Dex. Now it's just str. Well, balance is probably more important.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The only reason to cap it would be PVP.
Why not leave it as is and figure out a way to balance it in PVP instead of punishing PVE players?
Edit: If this means what you think.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason to cap it would be PVP.
Why not leave it as is and figure out a way to balance it in PVP instead of punishing PVE players?
Edit: If this means what you think.
I don't see how an inescapable pet could be balanced. Really it won't affect the function of anything, they still swing at max speed, just makes them a but slower when following.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pet max base stamina is noT capped at 150
I just looked at the log in screen. It now says : Pet max base stamina is noW capped at 150!!!! That's a pretty fraking big typo, either way. One letter that COMPLETELY changes the sentence, and gameplay for some. Jeez, doesn't anybody proofread the stuff they put out. :(

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just looked at the log in screen. It now says : Pet max base stamina is noW capped at 150!!!! That's a pretty fraking big typo, either way. One letter that COMPLETELY changes the sentence, and gameplay for some. Jeez, doesn't anybody proofread the stuff they put out. :(
I confirmed it, on TC. Tamed a creature with 201 stamina. When tamed it did indeed drop to 150.

FYI, I'm not concerned that it dropped 150. It does however bother me that mistakes like these are happening MUCH more frequently (with regard to the "misprint")! :(

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't see how an inescapable pet could be balanced. Really it won't affect the function of anything, they still swing at max speed, just makes them a but slower when following.
What are you now rooting for mobs? If my pet can't keep up with me how is it going to keep up with a mob??? And this is balanced in what way???

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you now rooting for mobs? If my pet can't keep up with me how is it going to keep up with a mob??? And this is balanced in what way???
People. I don't see how you can balance a pet that you can't outrun on horseback. Follow speed means nothing in pvm other than having to occasionally wait for your pet to catch up with you, though odds are most people will be rolling with 5 slot pets, and if not garg the follow speed at 150 is just fine.

Also consider if you had a 300 stam phoenix and something two rooms over attacked it, it would be gone two rooms over in less than a second.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
People. I don't see how you can balance a pet that you can't outrun on horseback. Follow speed means nothing in pvm other than having to occasionally wait for your pet to catch up with you, though odds are most people will be rolling with 5 slot pets, and if not garg the follow speed at 150 is just fine.

Also consider if you had a 300 stam phoenix and something two rooms over attacked it, it would be gone two rooms over in less than a second.
And this would be a bad thing why???

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They've got a 3 month release interval. Shouldn't be hard to do the math when taking the release dates of previous publishes into account.
They just recently pushed back the release to Origin, etc. because of the bugs, so clearly those dates are not set in stone.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You lost me. Please explain.
They release a publish every 3 months roughly. Just check Pub 95 & Pub 96 release dates and do the math...

They just recently pushed back the release to Origin, etc. because of the bugs, so clearly those dates are not set in stone.
What do you mean with "pushed back"? They just released a patch/bugfix to Origin (means it has been fixed, nothing to do here anymore), that happened for past publishes as well. Business as usual. I don't expect any major delays...
If they would roll back Origin & Co. to pub 96, THEN I would be worried...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They release a publish every 3 months roughly. Just check Pub 95 & Pub 96 release dates and do the math...

What do you mean with "pushed back"? They just released a patch/bugfix to Origin (means it has been fixed, nothing to do here anymore), that happened for past publishes as well. Business as usual. I don't expect any major delays...
If they would roll back Origin & Co. to pub 96, THEN I would be worried...
They initially planned to publish to Origin a few days earlier than they did. Now that it's on Origin they will push it to the rest of the shards. Probably next week. Keith is clearly asking about the day it will happen, not a +/- a month you can get from a 3 month publish schedule.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They initially planned to publish to Origin a few days earlier than they did. Now that it's on Origin they will push it to the rest of the shards. Probably next week. Keith is clearly asking about the day it will happen, not a +/- a month you can get from a 3 month publish schedule.
I didn't think it was that hard of a question. :)

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any information of the mana cost of the dragon breath, rune corruption, inferno, conductive blast ?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are there any information of the mana cost of the dragon breath, rune corruption, inferno, conductive blast ?
I am not exactly sure, but for what it's worth, I am putting more and more mana (around 500ish) to try to ensure they don't run out too quickly. Which I guess is a long way of saying, they need more than you think.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not only does this affect the Phoenix, but it also affects the Tsuki Wolf (up to 200 DEX/Stam), Saurosaurus (up to 220 DEX/Stam), Najasaurus (up to 300 DEX/Stam) and Rune Beetle (up to 170 DEX/Stam, and could be Blessed to 180+ Stam, but now Bless no longer affects derived stats). I'd prefer if they capped Stam at like 175, so that you'd have at least a little buffer, to where the pet could take a hit and lose a little stam, but not immediately go below the 150 breakpoint. Stamina Regeneration is even more important now.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't think it was that hard of a question. :)
Guys, seriously, ist it really that hard?

Pub 94: August, 10th, 2016 (Wed.)
Pub 95: November 17th, 2016 (Thu.)
Pub 96: Febuary 9th, 2017 (Thu.)

If you follow that pattern (add 3 months, pick a Wed. or Thu.), you shouldn't be much off.
So guess, it will be released between May 9th and 17th, and would narrow it down to either 10th or 11th, since those are Wed. and Thu. If they need more time, they might as well opt for 17th/18th...

Now where is this a +/- a month thing?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didnt it say that the pub goes to all shards later this month?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea, what they said. All I did was giving an estimated guess, which follows the pattern of the last few publishes.
And since noone owns a working crystal ball, noone knows for sure...

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
so whats the ETA on the easter bunny? i tried looking in patch notes but the link is broke or something. i keep getting a data base error

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didnt it say that the pub goes to all shards later this month?
That's usually how it goes. They make any alteration that are glaring that pop up, then publish like a week later.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED