• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can Anyone Tell Me The Rewards from The Elf/Christmas tree

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While it is necessary to get to the final stage of the tree for everyone to get a reward, it is not required for some to get a reward. The point thresholds are scaled such that there is a much smaller gap between the earlier levels than the later levels. Also, keep in mind that your chance of getting a reward is directly related to the value of the BODs you give to the elf. What this means is if you've turned in 5,000 points worth of BODs you are going to have a much better chance than someone who has turned in merely 100 points. Also keep in mind that someone is only eligible for one reward each time the festival is run, and that the point thresholds relate to a percentage of the participants.

For those on smaller shards you have a few strategies...

1. Have someone like Shandara from GLs who is a BOD power-player and progresses the tree to maximum growth almost entirely on their own, resulting in everyone from a single point turnin player to a multi-thousand point turnin player receiving a reward.
2. If you don't have a Shandara you can build up a supply of BODs to turn in to a single elf in which case your score is more than likely going to put you in the upper tier of those who turned in BODs resulting in much greater chances of getting a reward. Remember rewards are awarded to a percentage of participants based on the growth state of the tree, and each participant can only get one reward per tree - so the more you individually turnin, the better your chances.
3. Coordinate & plan with your shard community to build a substantial enough stockpile that betters the likelihood of pushing the tree to the highest growth level. Rally your guild, cajole your friends. Have a BOD craft-a-thon. Then, when the time is right, rush the tree with all those glorious points. Should you be successful in your mission, you'll have a fully grown tree which will distribute a reward to everyone who participates. Once the tree reaches full growth you can continue to participate, so break out all the alts and get enough gifts for as many characters you have to turn in a BOD.

Ultimately the choice is yours. The festival runs the entire month and I suspect many city treasuries are well funded to continue to host the festival for the duration.

The Artisan Festival does not work this way. If everyone turned in a single low point value BOD equal in value to the elf and someone else came along and turned in several BODs worth more points, assuming the lowest percentage of participants were awarded, "the jerk" would have the most chance of receiving a reward, since s/he can only receive one reward, the rest of the participants would have an equal chance to receive one of the rewards until the total number of rewards granted equaled to whatever was dictated by the growth state of the tree.
Watch and learn. This event will be dead on most shards come the 2nd time.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Watch and learn. This event will be dead on most shards come the 2nd time.
If that were the case, you would have an even better chance of getting a reward for turning in a minimum amount of BODs to get the first stage of growth. I expect as the month continues along participation will wane as folks get the rewards they want. We shall see though!

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Methinks lots o' people are going to be disappointed. We're having folks running out of BODs and folks running out o' the materials t' fill 'em.
I suspect we're not going to grow this first tree to full size, and after this one, we won't even try.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Could you please verify the stages? As to when it is fully grown? Give us an "in your face" clue please?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Festival is a cute idea, don't get me wrong, but tying group participation into rewards is a losing proposition on most shards.

Sure, some shards have a @Shandara -like player lurking about, but that's an exception. Most people didn't hoard BODs that wouldn't get them a hammer, POF or CBD.

While its good to hear this event isn't following in the footsteps of the absolute debacle that was the Gargle Cure event, it might be a good idea to lower the point thresholds for successive trees so more players receive something, instead of walking away frustrated/upset.

Also, is each festival 4 days (3 of tree, 1 of gifts) THEN a new city is chosen? Or 3 days of festival, 1 day of gifts WHILE a new city starts? I ask this because if its the former, there'd be 7.75 trees (so the last .75 is a complete waste), if it's the latter there would be 10.33 trees total.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...I'm not sure if I'm the only one turning BOD's in....for those *smaller* shards...how many have gotten ANY stage of the tree?

Here's our beautiful tree on Origin...

DayThree.jpg

Poor Tinkerbell spent tons of gold bribing up to the highest exp highest material BOD's, carpal tunnel filling them all and not even a little twig....le sigh

Maybe next festival!

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that the tree on Cats has the Star and Blinking Lights, does that mean I can stop loading it with BODs and all my Crafters Characters will get a Gift tomorrow ?

zzzzz1.JPG

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the tree on Drachenfels is bugged. We got stage 4 since thursday and kept turning in tons of bods of different qualities and still havent reached last stage. I vote for a point conter with the number needed, so we know if its worth keep doing it.

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone have pics of the 5 stages of the tree? (or is it 4.. i have seen conflicting reports) ... Napa's tree just turned big.. but no idea what stage it is and if it's worth it at this point to keep dropping bods on it or wait for the next one?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
stage 1: small (charlie brown) tree
stage 2: small green tree
stage 3: large green tree
stage 4: large green tree with ornaments
stage 5: large green tree with ornaments, twinkling lights and star on top

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Napa's tree looks like a tiny pine tree. Do they regress in size like the Moonglow Zoo turn-ins if donations slow down?
Will turn-ins after a star appears still count for rewards?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I see a Charlie brown tree, lol. I kind of knew low populated shard wont be as lucky as some other shards. too bad cant turn in unfilled bods to get rid of but np. wonder why they wanting us to turn in the filled bods, something new coming? hmm. all I can say is, I got a rock lol. have fun

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If that were the case, you would have an even better chance of getting a reward for turning in a minimum amount of BODs to get the first stage of growth. I expect as the month continues along participation will wane as folks get the rewards they want. We shall see though!
@Kyronix Why hide the data? There would be a lot less questions if clicking on the elf brought up a void pool type gump thatshowed character/point ranking and current stage points or points needed to next level. Showing this data would have made it a sort of community competition as well.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Napa's tree looks like a tiny pine tree. Do they regress in size like the Moonglow Zoo turn-ins if donations slow down?
Will turn-ins after a star appears still count for rewards?
They do not regress (at least not that I'm aware of) and yes you can still turn in bods after it reaches the final 5th stage.

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont know where you all are saying Napas tree is tiny... When I scroll over it, it says "giant Holiday Tree"

Attachments

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Napa is not a small shard...try being the ONLY one on your shard turning in BODs....

Screenshot_31.jpg

This is the best it's gonna get on Origin I'm afraid...gonna stock-pile again and try for level 2 in the next city!

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Napa is not a small shard...try being the ONLY one on your shard turning in BODs....

View attachment 58066

This is the best it's gonna get on Origin I'm afraid...gonna stock-pile again and try for level 2 in the next city!
Go Larisa Go! Would it help it I made a few low level chars with 50 tailoring to give you BoDs? I don't know if I would have time to fill them myself.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Aw that would be really awesome if you did that Gidge! Um...I can put a mailbox at my luna house for you to drop them off in? As it is I have 5 chars all collecting BOD's for me and I am still having a hard time of it lol. Seems I'm only getting low-level cloth BOD's on those ones but I'll take all I can get!

Here is where my house is located

OutWestGate.jpg

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riply did a good job on Europa this night it seems. I woke up to a stage 2 tree and the event was ower. I thought you could just get one reward per account? I have 3 accounts, so I turned in like 10-12 iron BODs 20 exeptional weapons with one account. That was not enough for getting a reward . Next account turned in the same type , just below 20 of them(thought we had more time left ). And got reward! Last account had turned in plenty of high lvl wood bows ..was time consuming as the % exeptional was so low.. and exeptional iron ones as well. Also got reward ofcourse.
The consept is nicer than I first thought . If I had not seen the cute boxes on TC im not sure I had sacrificed time and BODs on this. To make the frustration less ower the not growing tree it should grow a bit faster in the beginning and slower at the end. I met lots of people the first days giving up seeing we didnt even have a Charlie Brown tree after two days and then a Charlie Brown tree the other two.
If we had seen first and second step earlier we had worked harder ..seeing we had a chance to succeed. Its a nicer feeling to see we have hopes and that other people work on it with us ! As it was now we felt we were few even trying at the end. The feeling was more hopelessness than encouraging seeing it was so hard.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this is what DF was this morning - enjoy !

Many thanks to all Drachenfelsian's that put their bods special thanks to drowy from my side here.
I myself helped to raise the tree with two worker chars - i gave not so many bods but it seems that only the workers could get this gifts. And the boxes also have different colors ;).

Attachments

Last edited:

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people give lots of time, ressources ,bods and get the same gift as someone who gives only one. that makes no sense for me. especially on the small shards.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
finals week is coming up and i'm studying like mad PLUS working at the mall this holiday season

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its my understandng that anyone and everyone that drops at least 1 filled bod on the elf will recieve a giftbox and pressie for helping make the tree grow...the more u drop on the elf the better pressie?? that is how the notes read!

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
its my understandng that anyone and everyone that drops at least 1 filled bod on the elf will recieve a giftbox and pressie for helping make the tree grow...the more u drop on the elf the better pressie?? that is how the notes read!
I think everyone gets a giftbox IF the tree reaches full growth, otherwise gifts are given out randomly

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmmm lets see what happens then ...ive popped 3 bods on the elf on 9-10 shards....ill let u know what happens

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okies shard 1 ...shard one of the 9-10 .....this is europa has now popped the bag......AND santa thanked me for helping but i didnt qualify for a reward???

thats 5 chars handing 2-3 iron bods in....

gonna be a learning curve i guess....more bods next tree...a lot more....hehehee...looks in the bod vendors for heaps

Last edited:

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So question. I am trying to figure out if turning in almost 1k small bods I have pre-filled would be worth it or not... anyone know if it is or is it better to just turn in for new bods? I am on siege while doing this. Thanks

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I only had time to do 50-60 on Europa, but it wasn't enough to get a gift. Congratulations to everyone that got something! :cheerleader:

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you turned in low bods, like 10 normal dagger or stuff like that?
Those are giving only a very few turn in points.

I turned in around 20 bods like 20 ex valorite metal shields and stuff like that. Also some very good tinker SBODs.

I got presents on 2 chars

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I believe this is how the system works:

1) If your shard gets to stage 5 (star on top of tree) before the big bag appears. Everyone one who has participated will receive a gift regardless of the amount
of points you accumulated.

2) If your tree only grows to stags 2 through 4 then its determined partly by luck but mostly but the amount of points you have accumulated,

3) I tested this out by having characters donating colored smith bods and accumulated over 5000 points each and they all received gifts. I had a number
of characters donate like 10 each of the small tailor bods totaling around 300 points each and only like 10% of those received a gift.

4) Bear in mind on each shard the amount of participates will vary and also the median level of points will also vary as well for receiving gifts.

5) If you did not have time to participate on the first round there will be many more rounds through the month of December to receive your gift before
the event is over.

6) My question that I have is if your character received a gift already, can you receive more gifts when the tree moves to a new town or are you done and no
longer be contributing bods, unless you are trying to help your shard have a fully grown tree.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did have one other question as well, if on a shard the tree is fully grown and the big red bag appears, If you did not have time to contribute bods until that day, can you still place bods on the elf and receive a gift because the tree is at stage 5, of is the event over for that town?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tested on Atlantic and found once the red bag is displayed players that have not participated in the earlier stages will not be able to donate any bods in that
city to receive gifts.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have 6 characters on one account it is possible to receive 6 gifts get those bods ready for the next round :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well....I busted my arse, popped the little charlie brown tree....spent tons of gold bribing to get better BODs to turn in......and I didn't qualify for a reward.....

Sorry Kyronix...I seriously was really excited about this event.....but my balloon just deflated and I will not be participating anymore...I am extremely disheartened that I put in so much effort for nothing..I guess I was NOT the only one turning BOD's in.....though I never see anyone around...I'm praying it's not some off-sharder stealing all of my hard work.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well....I busted my arse, popped the little charlie brown tree....spent tons of gold bribing to get better BODs to turn in......and I didn't qualify for a reward.....

Sorry Kyronix...I seriously was really excited about this event.....but my balloon just deflated and I will not be participating anymore...I am extremely disheartened that I put in so much effort for nothing..I guess I was NOT the only one turning BOD's in.....though I never see anyone around...I'm praying it's not some off-sharder stealing all of my hard work.
That is very strange you should have received a gift, did you double click the big red bag you have to do that to get the xmas box in your back pack. Once you get that xmas box you have to click that box because its on a timer to disappear. You then get your special gift box with your name on it and a gift in the box,

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That should not happen did you have more then one character fill up bods and see if the other characters received a gift box? All of my characters that put in a decent amount of bods received gifts that was like 12 characters.
No...I have one crafter....one crafter turns in BOD's...my mistake I thought this was the Artisan Festival not the random character turning in BOD's festival....I won't make that mistake again ;)

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That should not happen did you have more then one character fill up bods and see if the other characters received a gift box? All of my characters that put in a decent amount of bods received gifts that was like 12 characters.
according to the pub 95 notes... if your tree did NOT reach level 5, you are NOT guaranteed a gift, regardless of how many/how good the bods were that you dropped on the elf.
"
  • The greater the value of Bulk Order Deeds that are turned in, the bigger and better the Holiday Tree will grow until it reaches its maximum size at which time all raffle entrants will receive a reward when the festival concludes in each city. Rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size."

So it's really bad luck that Larissa did not get a gift :( :(