• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Attention Players Wanted for Focus group

Status
Not open for further replies.

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2015 May 19 17:57 GMT

Greetings Everyone,

We are happy to announce we are ready to open the Time of Legends focus group. We would like to have approximately 250 players to take a first look at the Time of Legends and give us constructive feedback. If you have an active account and would like to join this group these are the steps to follow:

• Email [email protected] with your account name and a valid email address to use for the internal forums.

• You will then receive a link to fill out a Non-Disclosure Agreement and a Survey to give us a better insight to your playing style.

• You will then be added to an internal forums where you will find all the details of what you will be testing and where.

• Please use the fault subject title as “Time of Legends Focus Group”

Please note you will not be added until you have completed the NDA and survey. We will begin the process this week to be able to get people started as early as next week. We look forward to your feedback and working with you.

Thanks,

UO Team

Continue reading...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive done these twice before and had a lot of fun.
id encourage anyone who plays and wants to contribute to UO's health and well being to sign up and give some input.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So it's a focus group? Will the group be involved in actual beta testing of the expansion or is it just a forum discussion?

-Val'lyn

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I guess here would be my BIG questions...

How much time would you like the testers to be able to provide on a weekly basis? Will there be specific times that the testing will take place or will the test shard be open 24/7?

If I apply, I don't want to not be able to give a fair opinion if I can't play enough or if the testing takes place at a time that I cannot get online.

-Val'lyn

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any ETA when to expect public information on the expansion? With the NDA part I guess for all of us not involved in the new focus group that basically means 4 to 8 more weeks without any news :sleep2:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess here would be my BIG questions...

How much time would you like the testers to be able to provide on a weekly basis? Will there be specific times that the testing will take place or will the test shard be open 24/7?

If I apply, I don't want to not be able to give a fair opinion if I can't play enough or if the testing takes place at a time that I cannot get online.

-Val'lyn
You should feel free to apply if you feel you can give a portion of your normal game play. There are no time requirements for how much you can devote.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was involved in a focus group long ago, would love to offer input on the new expansion!

*Throws name in hat*

Thanks Team!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I wonder what the new housing tiles will look like.
In the middle of redesigning my home, and now I am seriously thinking of putting that project on hold til the new expansion comes.

Duh......

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Keeping my fingers crossed about being apart of the group!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Done one years ago it was a blast. Looking forward to this one if I make the cut :)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Please remember, if you make it into the focus group, do not spoil it for the rest of us. :)
I'm bowing out, too much going on here with Stratics. :D

Have fun everyone!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as it should be. is what NDAs are for. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
emial sent...i would like be part of UOs next step

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dear Focus Group Members:

As testing progresses, please do your best to help prevent the endless click click click mindset so prevalent today.

Example: All the clicking it takes to harvest seeds and resources from plants. Should be a harvest all button.

All the clicking it takes to fill a bod...a bod for 20 items isn't bad in the making, but then you have to actually click each item to put it in thte bod. How bout a "fill all" button, kinda like the trade route chests, you get the idea...

We just don't need a new expansion to wear out our mouses any more than we already have :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Example: All the clicking it takes to harvest seeds and resources from plants. Should be a harvest all button.

All the clicking it takes to fill a bod...a bod for 20 items isn't bad in the making, but then you have to actually click each item to put it in thte bod. How bout a "fill all" button, kinda like the trade route chests, you get the idea...

We just don't need a new expansion to wear out our mouses any more than we already have :p
Sounds like you should try the EC. One button gather, one button harvest etc etc.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what are we supposed to put for account name? actual screen login name or the account name on the payment site (screen login with _uo after it) or the EA/mythic site login (mines an email for that one)?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i sent regular account name. hope thats what they wanted.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what are we supposed to put for account name? actual screen login name or the account name on the payment site (screen login with _uo after it) or the EA/mythic site login (mines an email for that one)?
Yeah good question. I put the user ID that I login to the actual client with. I'm hoping they can figure out from the email address which account that is. I forgot about the _uo bit.

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Threw my hat in the mix so they don't forget about Siege!! @DJAd I did the same, hope that's what we were supposed to do.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
question to the experienced testers... will there be a separate shard or is it on tc?
For the SA expansion beta, we used a special version of the Enhanced Client until almost the end of the beta period and we were on the Retribution shard. (We might have had a special version of the Classic Client too but I only remember using the Enhanced Client.) You could only log in on the Retribution shard using the account you submitted when you applied for the beta. Once the "open beta period" started, however, anyone could log in on that special shard using either client and any account.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-herald-stygian-abyss-expansion-open-beta.151810/
http://stratics.com/community/threads/faq-regarding-clients-nda-and-open-beta.153024/

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
250 playtesters? Do we even have 250 active players? ;)

I´m in.

/Claire
Heh. I was thinking this. 250 unique players in the US probably.

Also was too inpatient to read the full post, still used the proper subject title just off a guess. Woo

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
250 playtesters? Do we even have 250 active players? ;)

I´m in.

/Claire
Heh. I was thinking this. 250 unique players in the US probably.

Also was too inpatient to read the full post, still used the proper subject title just off a guess. Woo
Considering 163 different people have viewed this thread while logged into their Stratics account, I'd assume they will have more than enough people volunteering, especially considering that people have also read the thread without being logged in, and it was also posted to UO.com for even more people to read ;)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Considering 163 different people have viewed this thread while logged into their Stratics account, I'd assume they will have more than enough people volunteering, especially considering that people have also read the thread without being logged in, and it was also posted to UO.com for even more people to read ;)
Shhh everyone knows those numbers are fake

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As testing progresses, please do your best to help prevent the endless click click click mindset so prevalent today. ...

Or our fingers and other arm joints. We getting older Devs.

Playing UO has become a masochistic scene for me.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So... Should I have gotten a reply with a link to the survey or is that only for those selected? Because I feel like they should do the selection after the survey. Or have they not sent them to anyone yet?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you're chosen you'll get an e-mail with the survey/NDA. I'm sure Mesanna has received MANY MANY e-mails and has to sort through them all so be patient and keep an eye on your e-mail :) She did state that she would be STARTING the process this week and hopefully get people started as early as next week so it's going to take some time.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that seems silly... I'd think they'd want to choose based off answers to the survey rather than completely random. What's the point of the survey after being chosen?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You will then receive a link to fill out a Non-Disclosure Agreement and a Survey to give us a better insight to your playing style.
I also think that they should send out the survey first so they don't end up with many people all liking to do the same thing...it would make more sense..but that's how they are doing it lol.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
very quiet 8 days.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone received an email yet?

I'm not asking if you're in the beta or anything that could break the NDA. Just, have you gotten an email back.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

As testing progresses, please do your best to help prevent the endless click click click mindset so prevalent today.

EC already has both those options to harvest all seeds and fill BODs with one click, but I would certainly support adding those options to the classic client

Status
Not open for further replies.