• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 89.1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2015 Apr 02 18:02 GMT
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Today everyone will receive a new client that is mandatory. You will need this client to log in and see the new art. By Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 12:00pmET you can head to the City of Britian and look for a pretty pink squirrel that you can double click to get one of two types of new potted plants. We have put in 2 rare hues and 16 other hues. We hope you enjoy them.

Below are a few bugs we have also wanted to go ahead and get fixed.
  • Corrected an issue where the gold picked up at Champ Spawns followed house IDOC loot rules which prevents picking up items too quickly.
  • Corrected an issue where IDOC's were not falling exactly at the 5,10, and 15 hours. Players are able to get their house back even in the IDOC state but accounts must be renewed atleast two hours before it drops or it will not be returned to you.
  • Corrected an issue related to teleporting to haven.
  • Enchanced Client containers with over 125 items that are not bank boxes will default to list view.
Happy Easter Everyone,

UO Team

Continue reading...

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe they will fix the part where your one tile soulforges turned into reg forges somehow..........

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question how long will the bunny remain? I work weekends. I litterally have 1 hour to myself on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's not much time for logging in and getting anything.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Seeing reports on Facebook about people not able to patch and can't login due to that.

To quote: "Having issues with mandatory patch today. No guildies can get on either. Anyone know when issue will be fixed? Others able to get on after patch?"

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to patch and get online.
Big performance improvement for the EC, containers open now without delay and fps stays constantly at 60 with vsync on, much more fluid everything, for the first time after that damn ec patch last year that did **** up nearly everything.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Maybe it's my programming background, but am I the only one with OCD with the login page always showing "(Patch Unknown)", instead of a real patch number?

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
patched, logged on no problem. Made the mistake of logging out, now "patch error".........this should have been yesterday, April fools everyone, you cant play today!!!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It patched just fine. Logged out and tried to log back. Patch error patch error. Yuk..

It works now! Thanks Bleak! Also the plants are so pretty! I like them all! Thank you!

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same thing, it patches fine but once you close out it won't open again with the patcher, you get the error.

The work around is to goto your UO directory and click client.exe. It opens the client directly without the patcher.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually make a new short cut after you delete your old short cut for UO and it should work. Since they said it's a new client the issue is probably the old shortcut using the old client.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at the last meet and greet i was at we were told "account bound gold would be implemented in the publish after next"

this is that publish

where is the account bound gold

Smoot hates being lied to.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never a dull moment when they are fixing old bugs of old bugs.. :heart: happy easter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing reports on Facebook about people not able to patch and can't login due to that.

To quote: "Having issues with mandatory patch today. No guildies can get on either. Anyone know when issue will be fixed? Others able to get on after patch?"
Downloading the mini-patch now.... done. No errors for me thus far...on THIS attempt.

Question how long will the bunny remain? I work weekends. I litterally have 1 hour to myself on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's not much time for logging in and getting anything.
Do you work during the other 23 hours of the above-mentioned days? You can have mine if you do.

at the last meet and greet i was at we were told "account bound gold would be implemented in the publish after next"

this is that publish

where is the account bound gold

Smoot hates being lied to.
I'm going out on a limb and assuming they meant publish 90. No need to break out the torches and pitchforks.
i demand a pirate flag on any shard.
This. ^^^

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have to say...the new potted plant...AMAZING!

Thank you, it's beautiful :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

this is that publish.
This isn't a publish. This is a patch to the previous publish.

A publish would be Publish 90 not 89.1 like this is.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you work during the other 23 hours of the above-mentioned days? You can have mine if you do.
No offense Zuckuss, that's a bit rude. It is Easter Weekend when a lot of folks, like Malag'aste there, have family obligations as well as work and, you know...sleep. And I know M, they're a parent, so spending time with kids is important too.

But to answer the question - 1 week life span on the timer.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree about the pirate flag kinda a bum rap there....

As for weekends I work Fri, Sat and Sundays doing 3 12 hour shifts going in at 6pm and getting off at 6:30 am.... by the time I get done I'm literally so exhausted I barely have enough energy to drive home and crawl in bed. Then it's get up shower get ready for work go find something to eat and fix something or find something for me to eat at midnight because I can't leave and nothing is available while I'm at work so if I want supper/lunch at work I best find it before I leave... not that I always get time to eat something while I'm at work those 12 hours... I'm supposed to get 2 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch... but more often than not it's more like 2 or 3 5 min breaks and a 15 min lunch "if" I'm lucky... You just never know. I could spend most the night twiddling my thumbs wishing I could be playing UO or something... Or I could be so freaking busy I don't get my dinner... But between the working, eating and sleeping I have about 1 hour to "unwind"... which I often spend reading the forums and maybe watching something on Netflix...

I'm pretty crazy about "time" and I find I can't be late... I leave for work so I get there a good 20 min early... If I were to arrive "just" on time... I'd be having a complete meltdown because I was cutting too close to being "late". Now I have a sister that if she stubbed her toe on the way out the door she'd be late for work.... I also work with 2 or 3 people who are like that and it drives me nuts. I have a serious thing about being "late" and to me not being at least 10 min early is LATE. So there is that problem as well. One time I was "late" by one min and my boss looks at me and says... "We should prepare for the end of the world! You were late by one min!" I couldn't help but laugh.

I'm really hoping that the item is available for at least a week. That will give me plenty of time to get it. Though if that's the case I need to find another 200 or more storage in my "plant" house. Eeep!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is the Squirrel up somewhere?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
By Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 12:00pmET you can head to the City of Britian and look for a pretty pink squirrel
I am going out on a limb here and saying that, according to the patch notes, they will all be up BY Saturday.....why they would put 2 up right away and then wait until Saturday for the rest is beyond me...but that's what I'm reading this as....they will go up a little at a time until they are all up BY Saturday....>.<

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am going out on a limb here and saying that, according to the patch notes, they will all be up BY Saturday.....why they would put 2 up right away and then wait until Saturday for the rest is beyond me...but that's what I'm reading this as....they will go up a little at a time until they are all up BY Saturday....>.<
I'm thinking its the EM's placing them so it kinda when they can

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This isn't a publish. This is a patch to the previous publish.

A publish would be Publish 90 not 89.1 like this is.
Point taken, i just wish there was better clarity. I genuinely thought if its called a publish, thats a publish. Overall its little things like this miscommunication seen over and over again that has led to many a frustration in the overall game. tired of "oh sorry we worded it wrong" "oh we meant that not this" I mean i understand its a small staff but if i were the producer i would select my words very carefully in meet and greets as well as patch notes / notifications to prevent player frustration.