• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Happy Valentines Day

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2015 Feb 04 23:21 GMT

Greetings Everyone,

Starting tomorrow morning we will be patching a new client and publishing all shards so we can deliver a Valentine's Gift to everyone. Cupid will not deliver your gifts till after you regular maintenance cycles. This year we are going to do something a little different. A Red Cupid will appear somewhere in the City of Compassion, once you find it you may claim your gift. The location will be different on all shards so happy hunting.

Happy Valentines Day,
UO Team

Continue reading...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh, nice.
No gifts spawning in your backpack this time. Good, good.
I won't have to hold 28 of them till next year to trash it for points. :p

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very thankful there is content we can simply ignore rather than having to take the time to trash.

HOOORAY!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not to ruin the negative streak going on in here :/ but YAY! Thank you! I always thought it was rather boring to just have gifts pop into your pack...the idea of hunting for them is really cool!

Happy Valentines Day team! :heart:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol, this promise of a Valentine gift is generating a less than enthusiastic response

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am pretty happy about it, actually.
It gives me the chance to completely ignore it and keep on pretending that Valentine's day isn't a thing. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm happy can't wait to start hunting. .. how long will it be possible to get the gifts?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my mind must not be working..... City of Compassion?

isnt that Britain?

compassion

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I really don't enjoy hunting for crap lol. At least this time they actually told us. Usually there's a gift out there and they don't say anything and you find out about it after the event is over. Dragon Eggs or something is coming to mind.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to ruin the negative streak going on in here :/ but YAY! Thank you! I always thought it was rather boring to just have gifts pop into your pack...the idea of hunting for them is really cool!

Happy Valentines Day team! :heart:
I wasn't being negative, I was actually being hopeful of a fix in the upcoming patch.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looking forward to this.

Could be funny on Siege, depending on location...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm happy can't wait to start hunting. ..
o_O

We all know that the location will be spoiled within .2 seconds of a shard rebooting Unless the little winged vermin moves around, there will be little hunting involved. :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
True but one could always choose not to spoil it and search for one's self.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I predict it's something we never would have thought of and we will be saying... what??? lol

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
wait a tic.... did the write up say it was a 'Red Cupid'?
red is the word im all of a sudden worried about.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Happy Valentines Day! :devil:

17630_10151753227613438_1895036735_n.jpg

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very thankful there is content we can simply ignore rather than having to take the time to trash.

HOOORAY!
Yeah agreed. They should add the new items to the turn in points the day the release them. Most of the time you get the gifts then have to wait for the next publish to get the turn in points.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this didnt happen? i got the patch, but doesnt look like the cupids made it in.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I found him on lake austin.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks forward to some more trash.....plzzzzz...make it a collection....make it worth the while doing....make it breathe life into out game

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so...is this real? can't find so far in Brit :p

Last edited:

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So now i have to go and hunt my gifts? I thought gifts were meant to be given not hunted for. I hate the idea of having to hunt for a gift.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The 'hunt' is only to find which building in Britain the gift giver statue is in on your shard - and https://stratics.com/community/threads/wheres-cupid.332968/ makes even that a fairly simple job.
Thats all good and fine. But the last 12+ months i can only draw the strength to log in to collect gifts that drop in my pack then log straight back out. Now i have to get to point x collect the gift and return back home. Rinse repeat over 2 accounts and 14 shards and its a lot of running around for something that normally just drops in my back pack

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Easiest way is to use the EC and use the control + shift and be sure to put "cupid" in your search.... that way you can case the town in a matter of seconds.