• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rares Fest Pacific Next Month???

What days should we hold the rares fest on Pacific??

• Total voters

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to take a few moments and discuss the possibilities of hosting the next rares fest on Pacific. The RP Alliance has wanted to do a players fest for sometime now and we would very much like to hold it in conjunction with the typical shard hopping tour. This would mean instead of 3-4 days of events, we would hold an event every night during the week, and several on the weekend at different times, as per usual. The rarity bug has bitten me hard, so I am anxious to get the ball rolling on this. There are things to sell... things to buy... etc etc. I have spoken with a few people who have expressed a willingness to help and be on the "committee", trusted names in the rares community and play at least partially on Pacific.. What I would like to see here is a general consensus of the actual time of the festivities. AND anyone willing to donate their time and efforts to help make the event as great as it can be, please ICQ244373602. And please-please bear with me, I am new to this so I am relying on said "people" to guide me through it. Lineman this also means you, wherever you have disappeared to :p

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I am up for this.

I really do not have a bunch of time to help out but, I know there are a lot of expenses that go into these for prizes, houses, events etc.

If this gets off the ground I am happy to donate 500 mil towards the event.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Thanks Nabin, you were on my "to-do" list of people to be on the committee but since I haven't confirmed with everyone I wanted to speak with, I didn't mention specific names. Though I suppose it won't hurt to mention I shang hi'd Pfloyd :O

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty excited about this. Getting a pacific toon geared up. :)

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If this gets set in stone, October 5th will be my 25th Silent Auction, I will do my best to make it special and then I will be taking a break until after the rares festival.

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
YAY party! Rares fests are so exciting. Thank you for working on the fest! I will start setting aside contributions for the fest !

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay about got everyone talked too, so that's a major plus :) And looks like the time will be the week and weekend before Halloween so we will roll right into the events nicely.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well Done. Let me know how else I can help and I will as I can friend.

I would like to see a night where we leave candles at my castle in malas for all the Guilds of the past. There are several hundred old guild stones there.

Good to remember our friends from the past.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I am talking about! During the week events that normally would be hard to fit in a weekend we can do. Fantastic idea!

Well Done. Let me know how else I can help and I will as I can friend.

I would like to see a night where we leave candles at my castle in malas for all the Guilds of the past. There are several hundred old guild stones there.

Good to remember our friends from the past.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to leave polling open til the 1st of October, then announce the committee of helpers. Please please discuss and spread the word, get your transfers ready!

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yay! Thank you for holding this fest! I can attend if its either week as long as the dates dont fall into halloween weekend from the 30th thru Nov 3rd.
Sign me up for a vendor please! ICQ # 150693039

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so lets keep this thread on the top.

Will there be a silent auction house set up?

What about vendor house?

Last edited:

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes there will be 2, possibly 3 houses set up for the silent auctions and 2 for the vendors. Once we confirm the location the standard vendor sig up thread will be started. Nails has agreed to run the silent auctions for us, and a RP Alliance Players Festival will proceed the actual rares fest. Decadence, Masteryoda, Angelica, and many other well known rares collectors and brokers are already involved. But we would all appreciate it if you were on board too Manti :)

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI I am doing some seasonal work with my hubby so I am not going to be on as much as I normally am. Please pm me or icq me, if it is important I can send my cell number via pm. Rares Fest will rock and I am committed to it, but I need some real life cheddar too. :p

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
meees no goes in tubs
" da dormouse says feed your head"

Exploit_SX

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to take a few moments and discuss the possibilities of hosting the next rares fest on Pacific. The RP Alliance has wanted to do a players fest for sometime now and we would very much like to hold it in conjunction with the typical shard hopping tour. This would mean instead of 3-4 days of events, we would hold an event every night during the week, and several on the weekend at different times, as per usual. The rarity bug has bitten me hard, so I am anxious to get the ball rolling on this. There are things to sell... things to buy... etc etc. I have spoken with a few people who have expressed a willingness to help and be on the "committee", trusted names in the rares community and play at least partially on Pacific.. What I would like to see here is a general consensus of the actual time of the festivities. AND anyone willing to donate their time and efforts to help make the event as great as it can be, please ICQ244373602. And please-please bear with me, I am new to this so I am relying on said "people" to guide me through it. Lineman this also means you, wherever you have disappeared to :p
I think the 25th through the 27th would be ideal to give people such as myself (who play the game the way it's meant to be played and don't spend a single cent of real cash on gold) the maximum amount of time possible to save up gold for precious server births to continue making Toad Town shine! :sword: < Fighting Spirit! :p I'm really looking forward to this. Lets have an awesome Rare's Festival! To those of you hosting this time: I hope everything goes well for you and I'm sure you'll do an awesome job and it'll rock! :party:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When the white rabbit peaks throw the radio in the tub!!

HIMZ SAID DIS

xblade

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didnt want it to come to this point but i guess ill be the bad guy and say it.. be very very very careful whit your items at this rares fest weather it be vendors, trade, and or auction's. just keep in mind on what happened last time it was on pac..

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
i didnt want it to come to this point but i guess ill be the bad guy and say it.. be very very very careful whit your items at this rares fest weather it be vendors, trade, and or auction's. just keep in mind on what happened last time it was on pac..

Oh please :next: :bdh: :yell:

*Settles back down to the fire and sips on a good old glass of Moonglow Red*

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Unless Pacific shard is more cursed than any other shard there shouldn't be any concern with the handling of rares, as it sounds like all different staff will be involved in this, and Nails is running the silent auction houses.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Seems like many shards are having events towards the end of the month. Perhaps first week in November might be better. Always seems like there is a lull in activity at the beginning of every month.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please let me know if this event takes place so i can update my list, thanks !

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious if there are any concrete dates yet for this rares fest?

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am interested to know who all will be working the event with kahlan?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Let's keep this bumped guys.
Do we have enough help with the fest?
Should I start transferring my stuff??

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This has obviously been delayed. Any word on whats happening?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was it supposed to be this month or next?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope Kahlan is okay. :grouphug: It isn't like her to just drop the ball.

An' I think it was intended for this month.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this does not get updated I will go with my original plan of doing this like a week or so before Thanksgiving