• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM & UOCART ........

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes thank you Kojak you made my day! Ok I an set up to go fish up a litteral castle full of sos's.... no joke thats how many built up durring this fiasco.......good thing i got shoe bods.......
yeah, I kept reading your posts where you were beating your head against the wall trying to get a different map program to work - I didn't want to butt in and tell you to just download automap - I figured you saw the thread and just didn't want to use it for some reason

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are times I just want to be sure I am doing it right... Sorry had a blond moment kiddo. But i do thank you so much for the big help. this little ol lady likes uoam....

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I didn't read the whole post... but why uoam instead of cart? i have used both and find cart vastly superior. am i missing something?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
automap has a whole lotta features that cart doesn't = just because you don't use them / know about them doesn't mean they don't exist - for example, there are commands that you can type in the game window which cause automap to do things that are very useful - no other program does that

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Driven i do own over 53 accounts but at this moment i have 47on, one I allways forget to add in hehe the rest are perma off had 4 more for that pile.....but, son had to go look for a vendor house and walked into a house fall all alone in the nicest spot... so he opened up a closed and ploped a 18x18 house....(I plan to sell it... if i can get it away from son..) oh and he opened up one for the rares fest on GL soooo there went back on the list 2 ... I swear ill never get it down to 40..... at this rate. :rolleyes:
But to answer your inquirie yes a good deal of the time all 47 are on but i do practice the 90 day on the ones i am working to get rid of... what can I say I pay someone salary at Mythic....

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well Driven i do own over 53 accounts but at this moment i have 47on, one I allways forget to add in hehe the rest are perma off had 4 more for that pile.....but, son had to go look for a vendor house and walked into a house fall all alone in the nicest spot... so he opened up a closed and ploped a 18x18 house....(I plan to sell it... if i can get it away from son..) oh and he opened up one for the rares fest on GL soooo there went back on the list 2 ... I swear ill never get it down to 40..... at this rate. :rolleyes:
But to answer your inquirie yes a good deal of the time all 47 are on but i do practice the 90 day on the ones i am working to get rid of... what can I say I pay someone salary at Mythic....
WOOOOOOOOOW!!!! I can't keep track of 7 characters...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most have 6 on them per shard.... now do that math ..... and i know 90% of who is where and owns what

Miki McNaughty

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my automap - I feel bad for all the people having so many problems getting it working
only posted it because all the links in the post above mine weren't deleted so I figured it wouldn't be so bad
mods, feel free to delete this post if it's a real problem (but I think alot of people would benefit greatly from it not being deleted ...)
Cannot begin to thank you enough for your willingness to put us all back out to sea or digging up treasure I truely thought i was finished Im just sorry lol it took me so long to find you again thanks Miki McNaughty Great Lakes

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my automap - I feel bad for all the people having so many problems getting it working
only posted it because all the links in the post above mine weren't deleted so I figured it wouldn't be so bad
mods, feel free to delete this post if it's a real problem (but I think alot of people would benefit greatly from it not being deleted ...)
Can you get UO:AM to follow your character if you do not have UO:Assist?

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a problem with UOAM now, I finally found this post and got rid of my black background (Thank you so much!! :D ), but it wont track me :(
IVe tried to calibrate it 10 different locations, and I can get it to get the right coordinates, but when I move, uoam doesnt follow, it just stands still :(
Anyone can help with this?
I can't get mine to even lock on me :(

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you have to have uoassist running and you have to run uoam as admin

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I eventually got it to work downloadin all the files on a account with and without UOA

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra This might be a good thing to put up in the top post area as it has been a big help to all who thought they lost uoam and uocart.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just setting back up after a 6 month break. Have a new game installation. UOAM gives me a black window with houses, symbols, and such, but no background. UOCartographer just says it can't find the maps it needs and gives just a plain black window.

I've installed the Net files, installed the EC, set the UOCartogeapher to use the EC files, muttered, cussed, and swore.

This lack of working UOAM & UOCartographer the reason Sea market on Chessie's Fel shard has only one ship by it (mine)? and just a few at the Tram Sea market? I suspect there isn't going to be much demand for cannon supplies these days considering the trip to Sea Markets used to be an obstacle course of parked ships back in December. Heck, the price of saltpeter is down a good hundred silvers from what it had been.

Should I bother setting up a Cannon Supply vendor or just leave the two ships to sink?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now that I've wound down a bit, I probably should include this question. <chuckles>

Anyone know what I need to do to get either large map working with the CC? Preferably UOAM, though having the other for the SA lands would be nice as well.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did you download the working copy of automap in this thread?
did you read this whole thread - I gave lots of info on getting uoam to work
alot of people say it works if you follow this thread and the instructions properly

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the copy of automap I downloaded from the old Forum setup. I'll go through the thread again and see if I did miss anything.

Without the large map available via UOAM or UOCartographer to use with the CC, playing High Seas is pretty much sunk. Hopefully this isn't a very brief return to UO.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just installed the UOAM setup provided by Kojack and now have a working UOAM. Thank you Kojack! This *will* be a long return to UO now! :)

Only thing I ran into during the installation was in post #46. I don't get all the contents of the second picture, the listings between X-Ray View & Additional Settings are not there.

UOAM is up and running now but is not showing houses as it used to automatically. Do I just set it to log houses to a file (say Common) on the UOAssist tab of the UOAM Control Panel?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the settings only show up when the map is not borderless - look closely at the picture - the words at the top of the map have to be showing - you switch between modes by double clicking the map itself

the houses feature hasn't worked since they put in customizable housing for obvious reasons (as far as I know)

(and Kojak is spelled without a C - hehe)

and I'm glad it's working again for you - that's why I did all the work to get it going again - more people playing UO = good

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked in the folder of my old UOAM, the map names are different, so I can't just move them to the new folder, ah well.

I did find those lines of text though, clicking on the word Map at the top, that shows when the border is there, does the trick. I had been right-clicking on the map itself both ways and using the Map word in that list. That shows the same list w/o the extra lines either way. Oops... <g>

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do not mix and match automap files or recaculate the map files or all my work goes right out the window and it stops working immediately - just so you know

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultima Mapper has received two updates in the past month. It now does things like "Tilt". So if you have not tried it lately, perhaps now is a good time to go and give it another shot.

Cypher

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fix UO so they bloody work! (Jeff you listening! err Reading. This is a Mom... fix it ):wall:

Look I dont ask much for the great deal of $$ I pay to EA for this game ...BUT I do expect to be able to use the game. I am lagged out 99% of the time these last few months and I cant put my finger on the cause. Now some code jocky has messed with the files so my UOAM & UOCART dont work. Bad enough you have ruined my T hunting with the stupid map screwup*, now you take my fishing of sos's away...
Might I remind you I am not the only one a bit tiffed (tiffed is the gentilest word i could use, you dont want to know the real word)
Yes I know they gave us new mapper......
I dont want it~~~ I want uoam and uocart. Period. End of Discussion.

* no x,y no numbers for lat and long, hunt and peck and with my bad eyesight you expect me to find let alone have the time to do them........ I am a 14 year+ vet no stops no layoffs of the game... and I am getting fustrated enough to call it quits. A few more nails like this one and I will shut down all 46 accounts and sell off my junk and call it quits for good.
if u can afford 46 accounts why not buy uo and fix it? ;)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*footnote*

I didn't think manual calibration worked anymore up until today but then someone in my alliance said that she was able to see automap track her even though she doesn't run uoasssist which piqued my interest

so after some research, I found out how to get manual calibration working again

first, I tried trammel, then malas, then ilshenar but none of them worked ... so ... I went to the lost lands

to be exact, I typed "papua mint" to a crystal portal and then didn't move from the spot I came in

next, I double clicked the sextant in my pack ... noted the coordinates and then entered them into manual calibration - being very careful to select "The Lost Lands" from the dropdown list

manual calibration is only visible when the map has the border around it and the menu at the top that says "File Zoom Places Map UO Link Help" - it's under "UO" and it says "Calibrate"

even though it gave me an error message that calibration failed, it still worked and now tracks my character properly even without uoassist working and seems to remember after shutting automap down the restarting it

also, it tracks whichever client is topmost (which is a very nice feature) - unless 1 of the clients is running uoassist - in which case, I think it always tracks the uoassist client but I haven't tested that at all yet

Miss Sorro

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a returning player Thank you Kojak, you just made my day with your zip file after days of fighting with UOAM

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok, I think I should post this after forgetting to mention it while trying to get people up and running and it's very important...

You have to run Automap as ADMINISTRATOR - that's kinda a key reason why the map doesn't track your player after you have it up and running

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excelent point Kojak

Oh If I didnt say it enough............................. THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you're welcome - and one other thing I forgot to mention that popped its head up recently while trying to get someone else working is that if you don't have "Show Statics" checked, the map looks black - you have to have that checked ... or else ... hehe

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra or who ever is monitoring this now please resticky this post It has helped more returning players then one can imagine. Would be a shame to loose this in the glut of posts. :)

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot, Kojak, and all of you helping us fixing our UOAM (I tried all the other progs too, but was not happy with them, and UOC wouldn't work either).

I have a working UOAM now with all shiny new maps *happyface* but still wondering if its possible to have houses tracked/logged with it. I was working before, but since UOAM was abandoned, it wasn't working properly. Can anybody please help me here? (UOAssist > "Show Objects that would appear on UO's Radar Map" > Log Houses to this file: [Personal] or what ever)

DataCymru2011

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Neither of these programs and solutions above work for me, just get black screens, mind you, UOAM does track my character, but i get a black screen, why can nothing just be nice and simple and just work? :(

Please help

Thanks

Last edited:

DataCymru2011

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Show Statics is checked and it still didnt make a diff, i downloaded UOAM 9.0 is there a newer version? I Dont have Ter Mur Maps in so i was wondering if thjat was the problem to?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's like you didn't even read this thread at all - I included everything - maps and all in a .zip file in post #28 in this thread and instead you guys are looking all over the internet for executables and partial bitmaps - it's like you didn't read the thread at all - jeez

Last edited:

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's like you didn't even read this thread at all - I included everything - maps and all in a .zip file in post #28 in this thread and instead you guys are looking all over the internet for executables and partial bitmaps - it's like you didn't read the thread at all - jeez
I read it!! Thank you so much, I still had UOAM working on my xp computer but now it's working on my win7 computer and my vista laptop too! woo!! I can finally treasure hunt and fish up SOS's again from a fast computer!! :D

Now the only peeve I have is that it it hasn't mapped houses properly for a while. Anyone have a fix for that??? :D

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Kojak. I made all the changes that you have posted, clicked all the appropriate boxes and I can even color my name on track, but it has me in the middle of nowhere and not moving. I play on Siege, I had started in Umbra with no luck and then went to Moonglow, clicked Fel and I am in the middle of the ocean not moving. Any ideas would be welcome.

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI...I went to the Lost Lands and calibrated manually and now it's working. It took a couple times but it fixed it! I don't have UO Assist....Just in case anyone else has a problem, this works!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all that posted their files and instructions on this thread. A++++++!

:heart: Pandy

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have to have uoassist running and you have to run uoam as admin
FYI...I went to the Lost Lands and calibrated manually and now it's working. It took a couple times but it fixed it! I don't have UO Assist....Just in case anyone else has a problem, this works!
Hmmm... I know Kojak has spent a great deal of time on solving the riddle of getting UOAM to work, so I'm going to assume that Leaf is mistaken (above). Or has something changed and now UOAssist isn't needed any longer?

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... I know Kojak has spent a great deal of time on solving the riddle of getting UOAM to work, so I'm going to assume that Leaf is mistaken (above). Or has something changed and now UOAssist isn't needed any longer?
It may have been Kojak who told me to try that. Someone else did it before me and shared the info and it worked so I tried. It took a couple of tries but it did calibrate.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I manually calibrated automap a few days ago - it still works