• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What few small changes would you like the dev to do? I SAID SMALL

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)
Ok hear is the deal.... I was sitting on Hokuto sorting bods.... now my sneeky has the minium items on her little person sooo you would think a lot of bods can be in hand to sort.... without too much trouble. Hah!
The book limit is sooo high and yet to fill it which is practicle is a pure pain in the tush. So I got to thinking...
We do have that nice Pink Book for the pinks.... Why hasnt the Dev got smart and done the same for the Bod and Alcrity scrolls too...
I mean it stands to reason that if a Bod book was 1 stone/1 lockdown as the Pink book is.. Storage would be soo much easer and transfering and filling bods would be much more at ease too... And make it so that the bods can be accessed from a locked position as well while your at it. It sounds simple enough.
Same with the blues... that Pink book is fantastic... try the same with the blue scrolls please.

Next
I asked GrimOmen before the news of his demise from UO if it was possible to lighten the inside of my bags... I even gave his a example of one in his postings that was perfect shade. Can the new guy try? I'd hate to tax his powers but its a real pain in the tush..... He was game at this one..

Next
How about while this God of the Pixel crack is at it he add in a BOD type that you add in ...oh say for example sturdy shovals... on test you get 1 with 5k of uses.... I know thats to save space and all on test but why not help out the rest of us on storage and make a bod that converts 10 , 15, or 20 of any tool to a max tool say 1k on shovals, picks, etc...

This would go along way to help out my fellow players and myself too... Storage is one of the reasons Players get so moody... how about w e nip it on the bud...

Ok my fellow players now is your turn..... remember a few ideas say 4 max and do not go hog wild on silly stuff you know will never be done. Dev this is your chance to get a idea free for the taking and run with it.
Have fun and may the genius flow...........

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. Craftable Paladin Swords. I wouldn't even complain if it was an ML-style recipe you had to quest for.
2. The ability to combine Gargoyle Pickaxes, sturdy tools, and Prospector's tools up to 1000 uses, like imbuers/reforgers can do with runics up to 100 uses.
2.a. And, how about making Gargoyle Pickaxes all 125 charges, which would reduce the code by 1 line (and not running that one line 100,000+ times a week would save some computer time in the long run)
3. Fix the fatigue on Giant Beetles to where they can run while mounted with more than 400 in their pack.
4. Reduce shoe spawn numbers for GM+ fishers.
5. Another vote for Alacrity scroll books, and being able to scroll-bind them to longer durations (after all, were they not originally tested with durations up to 45 minutes?)
6. A way for all shards to get to Lenmir
7. Make sure all the Creatures from T-maps are the same as their normal equivalents for purpose of slayers/killer talismans (for example, dread spiders from T-maps are NOT the same creature type as "wild" ones).
8. How about giving us back some of the pre-Ren overland spawn. Some of it's bound to still be coded in there, just commented out. At least let wild dragons/WW/AW polymorph again...
9. How about recreating the AoS new character quests as new-style quest chains? I miss the Paladin and Necromancer ones, especially. Granted, the Paladin one would be completely different in many aspects, but it would still be more educational than the current New Haven stuff.

Last edited:

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Auto filling of all Spell Books, just as long as the scrolls were on you or in a container, Drop the book in & it would automatically fill with what scrolls were in that container. Filling a spell book one scroll at a time is a royal pain as most know :( .

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Make the CC journal switchable to a black or white background. The current color with the default orange text is to hard to read due to lack of color contrast.

2. Provide an off/on switch in the CC for monster sound effects. With the spawn some places you wind up with an annoying symphony of monster sound effects while trying to craft at your house.

3. Have both public and private houses have use of the security Access setting.

4. Have pack animals stay when told to and not charge off when targeted by every monster that comes close to the house.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to QUIT FLYING by using a DOUBLE CLICK on FLYING GARGOYLES instead of clicking on the flying icon. This would make the transition to Stealth Mode slightly smoother and faster.

Clicking on the FLYING ICON to FLY is OKAY.

Last edited:

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My son recently started playing so he is less than 1 month old. He was mining so I gave him a commodity box. Imagine my surprise when he could not use it. So I think commodity boxs should not have an age limit to use.
This very issue was a pain for me just over a year ago. The funny part is, the crystal portal CAN be used with no age restriction and it is a first year reward just like the commodity box! It's almost as if when they create a vet reward the RNG gives a small chance the reward will have no age restriction.

-Or maybe they just use one of those cardboard spinners taken from an old game of twister when they need to make a decision. Red = age restriction; Blue = no age restriction; Green = account bound; and Yellow = transferable

Last edited:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like all ideas so far. I would add making the smith and tailor NPCs that I bribe talk less, They spam so much they cover eachother in text and its hard to drop a bod on them. Also would like if they didnt spawn on the roof of the shops. Not all are possible to bribe from below or to climb the roof. Not a big deal if you bribe some bods here and there but some of us are a little worse than that *blushes*

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add Silver Steeds.

Also, for something more complex, I'd love to have party loot option so we don't have to break party for equal loot distribution. I've asked for it for what feels like two-three years, now.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to QUIT FLYING by using a DOUBLE CLICK on FLYING GARGOYLES instead of clicking on the flying icon. This would make the transition to Stealth Mode slightly smoother and faster.

Clicking on the FLYING ICON to FLY is OKAY.
Make a macro for it, save your self all that clicking

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8. How about giving us back some of the pre-Ren overland spawn. Some of it's bound to still be coded in there, just commented out. At least let wild dragons/WW/AW polymorph again...
I have fond memories of Terry trying to get a rez from a 'wandering healer' after the ancient wyrm killed him in Ilsh, only to realise the wandering healer WAS the Ancient wyrm
4. Have pack animals stay when told to and not charge off when targeted by every monster that comes close to the house.
This is already possible. Tell it 'all stop', then 'all follow me'. Then when you tell it to stay it will stay put - unless you have it set to guard you.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make vet stat and skill caps available to all users, it's crazy that you have to wait years to be at 720 skillcap.

Consumable item that turns an artifact robe into a fancy dresses, or just a good artifact with conjurer garb-like stats that has fancy dress appearance.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This very issue was a pain for me just over a year ago. The funny part is, the crystal portal CAN be used with no age restriction and it is a first year reward just like the commodity box! It's almost as if when they create a vet reward the RNG gives a small chance the reward will have no age restriction.

-Or maybe they just use one of those cardboard spinners taken from an old game of twister when they need to make a decision. Red = age restriction; Blue = no age restriction; Green = account bound; and Yellow = transferable
Yes. It was a royal pain to go without being able to use a bloody commodity box for one whole year.
And now that my main account is 21 months old, I can use it. But the fun doesn't stop here.
During the last months I started two other accounts, and the youngest one has a dedicated miner, and I can't even drop ingots inside the commodity box with this account, and won't be able to for another 10 months!

Lots of fun, says I.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like separate time zones across the land brought back. I'm currently just after 1000 in game and can't create the star-chart I need until after 1700.

I would also like to be able to honour those cheating monsters who see me coming and cast buffs upon themselves. The fiends.

I would also like different settings for my harvester's blade. Cut hides, cut meat, scales etc. I spend a lot of time dumping parts of the poor animals I've just killed to avoid being overweight.

I would also like a talking corpser house pet. "Feed me Seymour, Feed me now!"

And of course rideable paragon gorillas with craftable banana cannons strapped to their heads.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been asking for this forever : An organize option for bulk order deeds, with the ability to sort the deeds in the book by alphabetical order. I realize there is a sort function, but its not specific enough. If you have a book with 500 cloth deeds in it, and you need a specific one, it's an incredible pain.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make new animals avaiable for tamers..EG.
Greater Drakes,
Greater Wyrms,
Greater nightmares,
Greater fire beetle (Basically a firebug mixed with a blue beetle)

Make powder of fort stackable.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't know how small these are but it drives me insane that:
- blessed items don't go back on you when your click your corpse!
- They are put in your pack UNDER rune books and spell books and other stuff.
- if you have your rune books nicely organized in a separate bag, when you die they are all back in your main pack

*frowns*

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is already possible. Tell it 'all stop', then 'all follow me'. Then when you tell it to stay it will stay put - unless you have it set to guard you.
Actually when told to stay using the context menu on the pack animal, they promptly run off as soon as the next passing monster wanders up to the house. Drove me nuts with the last large tower I decorated at the crossroads west of Britain with that areas monster spawn. I don't set pack animals to guard me. I try and get the approaching monsters to target my characters instead of the packer to avoid having to leave the house, kill the current monster outside, the having to lead the packer back upstairs.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been asking for this forever : An organize option for bulk order deeds, with the ability to sort the deeds in the book by alphabetical order. I realize there is a sort function, but its not specific enough. If you have a book with 500 cloth deeds in it, and you need a specific one, it's an incredible pain.
I keep the leathers in normal and exc books of no more then ten of a BOD single type. Larges for tailoring are the only raree BOD drop so anything over 10 of a small BOD is just for rotation. Cloth larges different story. I only keep 2 each 20exc of the cloth BOD smalls and turn in the rest for maybe a rare leather large. 10 & 15 cloth large rewards are worthless and bribery makes them all 20. The leather excess go into their own books in a normal spine and horn container. Bone small extras get tossed. The excess containers get full 5x125 - the books. Anything more I just admit I don't have time to get to the ones in the box I don't need more. Most BOD collectors need a hoarder intervention. For mine we can gather at an 18x18 dedicated to BODs and a dozen battle chicken lizards coops. Not fed or cleaned the coops in few years so don't mind the smell.

Make vet stat and skill caps available to all users, it's crazy that you have to wait years to be at 720 skillcap.

Consumable item that turns an artifact robe into a fancy dresses, or just a good artifact with conjurer garb-like stats that has fancy dress appearance.
The butt burn is being a vet player and starting a new account and knowing that accounts restrictions for skill cap and vet reward use. The newb account hates it when the 15 year account sings "Neener Neener Neeeeeener"

Two things way overdue.

Dull Copper eli having 25 ore like other rare ores. And Goyl pick spawning Dulls.

New one slot tames for pack hunting. Doubt stop using my prepub 16 frenzy ........... memories. Just like an option besides hellcat and hounds. Something not on the elemental fire damage side.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
%200 agree

I keep the leathers in normal and exc books of no more then ten of a BOD single type. Larges for tailoring are the only raree BOD drop so anything over 10 of a small BOD is just for rotation. Cloth larges different story. I only keep 2 each 20exc of the cloth BOD smalls and turn in the rest for maybe a rare leather large. 10 & 15 cloth large rewards are worthless and bribery makes them all 20. The leather excess go into their own books in a normal spine and horn container. Bone small extras get tossed. The excess containers get full 5x125 - the books. Anything more I just admit I don't have time to get to the ones in the box I don't need more. Most BOD collectors need a hoarder intervention. For mine we can gather at an 18x18 dedicated to BODs and a dozen battle chicken lizards coops. Not fed or cleaned the coops in few years so don't mind the smell.
That is all well and good until you can fill 76 vendors with BODs of all sorts (yes I have 76 vendors at max storage in BODs) and when you try to go and find a 20 cloth whatever it can take, to say the least, a little while. Or when you got to fill all your 10 cloth BODs for turn-in it would make it so simple to sort these so you can fill the same BOD type then move to the next.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When magic casting mobs bless themselves have them follow it with a heal. Can't honor a mob after they bless themselves and it just makes sense they would heal up to max hit points after a bless.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When magic casting mobs bless themselves have them follow it with a heal. Can't honor a mob after they bless themselves and it just makes sense they would heal up to max hit points after a bless.
I whole heartedly agree.

Fix line of sight of pets/mobs in dungeons. If a mob is behind a wall and around a corner, my pet probably doesn't know it's there. Why have it aggro the mob and run straight at the wall. My pet won't run around because its pathfinding is so limited.

I say "All Kill" and I get canned message "your pet cannot see that". The distance is currently based off how far my tamer is away from the mob and not my pet. My pet is standing right on top of the mob, but he can't see it?

It's annoying when casting EV and I click a low part of the ground where "You Cannot See That" or "That Location is Blocked" and my cursor disappears. Now I have to cast the spell all over again. Just keep the cursor and please let me select a different location.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also at one point magic casters would para you then teleport to your location, that doesn't seem to happen any longer. That would help free magic casters from "stuck" locations.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
example: Spine Male leather norm - exc books. Spine Female leather norm - exc books. Spine Studded norm - exc books. Spine Bone normal - exc & footwear Books. Keep only 10 each of the armor smalls being the larges a far and few. Most BOD hoarders have ten complete sets of each the armor smalls before the bribery system. Anything more then ten smalls kept with the large BOD drop rate for tailoring is just a meter of ones laziness. Can't blame the RNG for large drops. And as far as the cloth goes. At thear drop rate only need to keep 2 each of the 20exc smalls. The shoes are another issue. Only way going to bribe a footwear small to 20exc is to take it all the way to barbed level cost. I have a book I toss the cloth larges short the footwear spot. The reward for them only goes into the trash for points anyway. Container of combined spine kits meets my needs so the extra go in the trash.

Smith BOD is huge and the RNG leaves one BOD of a set a rare drop. See the rare ones more often after they put in the bribery system. So no need to use it. That random direction that bribery goes makes it only good for upping shields and helms for powder and weapon sets up to 20n or 20exc where the rewards are worth interest of any collector at it for a year or more. Still amazed SMith normal weapon BODs dropped at the feet of the NPC that sells the weapons. Dumb always trumps lazy.

Want another overdue update? The BOD reward list. When buyers complain you overprice a polar bear rug and are a Luna Theif. Math goes - gold for points and points for gold. Either pay the points or camp the rat spawn at the abyss swamp.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a second small list....
1. Add in a special meat found in perhaps dungeon spawns or on odd Paragon creatures of a RARE meat that permintly gives your pet... Dragon, WW, Mare, etc... the oppertunity of a Greater Dragon, Dread Mare, etc...in stats and power of that animal, add in that this "special meat" also increeses their walking speed so they can keep up and not take a million years to follow you.

2. Take off Ethys from the pet slots count..... When hunting with that lumox GDragon it wouldbe nice to have a seat.. ethys dont eat, fight, or carry things sooo why count them in the mix.

3. If you cant make the chicken coop for turkeys too make a new craftable for them. Turkey Run....

4. Make the Bod rewards list a weekly change of items, the bods rewards are getting old... now the cloth can stay as it has a use for making bods and some do use it for clothing.. but the vast majority of bods ..especialy the bone bods have nothing worth your time doing them for... Revamping the gift list could make a good deal of the bods more desireable.

Last edited:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... and I can't even drop ingots inside the commodity box with this account, and won't be able to for another 10 months!
As I have experienced during the account age bug on Origin phase you can: Drop them on the box (without opening the box) - they will go in.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2. Take off Ethys from the pet slots count..... When hunting with that lumox GDragon it wouldbe nice to have a seat.. ethys dont eat, fight, or carry things sooo why count them in the mix.
Would this be a wise change to make from a PvP perspective, i.e., giving tamers using such a powerful pet in PvP the ability to also get away at mounted speed if attacked? Maybe it's pointless to worry about it, though, since gargoyles already can fly at mounted speed while using a greater dragon. Although maybe it could be argued that's just one of the racial bonuses for gargoyles and perhaps it shouldn't be extended to the other races by letting them use an ethereal mount with a 5-slot pet. Also, since we don't know what other kinds of powerful 5-slot pets we might get in the future, perhaps it's premature to make this kind of a change until it's known how those 5-slot pets might affect the PvP scene. Some people have a very low disregard for PvP tamers and I'm not sure we really need to exacerbate the situation at this point and possibly drive away even more players to change something we've lived with already for almost 3.5 years.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to tame shadow and ancient wyrms. Min to tame 120 taming/lore. Maybe make them unable to bond and require them to be fed gold or meat every irl hour or they go wild and try to eat the tamer.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Make blackrock more usable in blacksmithing,or get rid of it altogether.Maybe even incorporate blackrock into spell-casting as a reagent.Maybe as a spell booster of some sort.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina I am tired of the pvp players who dictate what the majority of the players have to put up with..... ok
i have a solution If the Dev do remove ethys off list I will except that Tamers while in pvp mode Cant mount....

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The ability to combine Gargoyle Pickaxes, sturdy tools, and Prospector's tools up to 1000 uses, like imbuers/reforgers can do with runics up to 100 uses.
Especially this! Even 100 charges would at least cut my prospector tool storage in half.

The programming might rely on one byte to hold the number of charges, but an item could still hold up to 255. The cost of one more byte to reach 65536 would be very worthwhile in reducing item count.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow some awesome suggestions.

I'd like to add:

Make more of the spiders Tamable, Allow Fairy Dragons to spawn somewhere we can tame them. It's been years but can't we tame the cranes in Tokuno now? Bring back Silver Steeds as a Paladin mount. Necro's get dead horses, Bushido gets the Turkey(Hiryu), Let paladins have the Silver Steed (Tamers too of course). Fix the poor Reptalon into a usable pet. Give us Dread Warhorses. Let the Vanguard spawn somewhere that would be fun. I enjoyed fighting them. Give them a city even... There is plenty of room to build them a city in the Lost Lands or Illsh(which actually might be fun to fight a paragon Vanguard. Now that you destroyed Blackthorns place there why not let the Vanguard have it?).

Change the default text color for the 100,000,000th time...... I've asked. I quit asking when I switched to the EC but for those folks who still use the CC please change the default color of text to something that can be seen both in-game and in the journal or change the journal color.

Bring back special art for the Third Dawn items, Flower Garland, Furboots, Fur Cape and Fur Surrong, The Fancy shirt etc......

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if I show an example of the outcome of the tool deed's I am thinking of is as follows:

150 Shovals = add 10 to a deed and get 1500 uses item 15 to a deed = 3000 20 to a deed = 4000 use item

200 Shovals = Add a 10, 15 & 20 deed converter as above

Prospector Tools = 10 count in and get a 500 use tool out

Sewing kits = a # count could be done I think say add in 50 sewing kits and get a 500 use super kit out

Tinker tools = same as sewing kits

Mortar and pestle = Same

I can see this system used for most major used tools it would promote use of skills and end alot of clutter

Scribes could make the deeds like the scroll binders... It can cover Fletchers, Smiths, Tailors, Tinkers, Carpenters, Miners..... heck just about all skills which need tons of tools..

The saved storage is well worth the look into this and might just be alot easer then stacking them....
Just think you can take a few chests of badly needed space and turn it into a well used system

Your Trusted Pixel artist can be of great use in making new gifts from the bods... oh and I think a bod system for the rest of the crafts is way over due... think of the ways players will train new and old moth eaten crafters back to use.....

Just thought of somethig we do need and might liven up hunting and spur on gardening ... a Rare Seed from some random critter/monster... it could be as silly as killing and looting a bunny to Navery.... Add in chance to grow a 10 fruit/no seed Tribal Berry tree. Becomes a fruited deco after you pick the fruit... Players will have to look in each kill for this seed and it will not be on same kind of critter so farming will be moot.

Last edited:

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to see a golem with forge and anvil capibilites with a backpack. It would require Five slots to use it. It would move slow but have some combat abilities due to its anvil like hands and would do fire based damage. 80 magery (telekensis spell must be cast with every command given to the golem) and 100 tinkering would be required to make AND use it.

Construction details and reconstruction details (after it was destoryed) will follow if dev team approved!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
* wishes there was an option to make "robes" transparent, or invisible to others outside of maybe having an icon for it or something in the paperdoll, so you could see they were indeed wearing a robe, but there would be a little bit more visual customization.

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a time when fashion was, well, nice to have. The main change I dislike was when female
chars had to start wearing sleeves. Now if they want to be fully protected and wear to wear a female breastplate or female leather armor they have to wear sleeves and it looks horrid. Make the sleeves and
chestpiece look, well, nice and fluid in their gear.

Thus, it would be nice to make the female chest pieces more fluid to sleeve pieces. Hey, just make
some new art for female sleeves that connect better to female chest gear.

btw, this is from a human female char on classic client. Maybe it looks better in enhanced or with
an elf or something.

Still, my wish stays the same as I know I am not the only human female on CC who wants to look
decent!

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Simple. In the old days, when filling a spellbook, you could open it up to the circle you were working on, and it showed the spells as you added them. Now you have to close and reopen the book to make it update and show which ones are present. Never did understand why this was changed, unless scribing was becoming overpowered :dunce:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Restore weapon special attacks to be toggle-able while casting spells.