• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] [UO Herald] Publish 72 Comes to Test Center

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
[UO Herald] Publish 72 Comes to Test Center
Publish 72 comes to Test Center today, along with the Enhance Client Patch 4.0.17 and the Classic Client Patch 7.0.17.

Here are the notes for your reading pleasure, thanks!

Publish 72.0.0

Clean Up Britannia

We are proud to announce the return of Clean Up Britannia!

Similar to the original Clean Up Britannia and subsequent Spring Cleaning events, you may now discard your unneeded items in exchange for points good for the purchase of interesting and powerful new items. Here’s how it works:
Use a trash can, either in public or in your house, to discard items. When the items are destroyed, you are awarded points.
You may appraise items before throwing them out. Select “Appraise For Cleanup” from a trash can’s context menu, and target items to appraise them.
Speak to a Cleanup Officer in New Magincia, Britain, New Haven, Ter Mur, or Buccaneer’s Den to see how many points you have, and spend those points
Things you can Turn In
All items which could be turned in for Spring Cleaning in 2008 may now be turned in for Clean Up Britannia
Many older and rarer items are now worth a lot more points!
Any leftover points for Spring Cleaning 2008 convert to points for Clean Up Britannia
Many new items can now be turned in for points:
Almost any item crafted from wood, leather, or metal (the rarer the material used to craft the item, the more points it’s worth)
Almost any equipment loot drop (stronger magical item properties increase their point value)
Gold and Bank Checks
Raw resources such as leather, wood, and ingots (the rarer the resource, the more points it is worth)
Things you can Buy
Most of the items from Spring Cleaning 2008 are available in Clean Up Britannia
The high-end item sets are available as replicas. These knock-offs are much cheaper in point cost, but have 125 durability and cannot be improved by Powder of Fortification.
New Imbuable Item Sets are available:
Berserker’s Gear: the wearer gains a special berserk combat effect when at low health
Fisherman’s Gear: wearing these items enhances the effectiveness of any fish bait used by the wearer
Virtuoso’s Gear: these items improve a bard’s Mastery Bonus
Various new decorative and equipment items are available for sale

Honesty Virtue

As you travel the lands of Trammel and Felucca, you may find lost items. These items will say “Lost Item (Return To Gain Honesty)” when you mouse-over them.

To turn in a lost item for Honesty credit: In a bank of each of the Virtue Towns (Britain, Yew, Moonglow, Trinsic, Skara Brae, New Magincia, Jehlom, and Minoc) there is a lost and found box. Put the item in the box for Honesty credit. You may use Forensic Evaluation skill to gain more information about the owner of the item. If you turn the item into the Lost And Found Box in the city where the owner lives, you will get double Honesty points for your extra effort. If you give the item to the original owner, you will get quadruple honesty points.

Honesty gives you discounts at NPC merchants. The higher your rank in Honesty, the bigger your discount. The discount is applied to the total purchase. The discount is not shown in the merchant window, but you will see a system message once you make the purchase.

Other Virtue System tweaks:
The total virtue point cap has been increased so that it is easier to maintain Knight rank.
All virtues now decay at the same rate as the current rate for Valor. (This is a significant decrease in decay rate for most virtues.)
Skills that had their decay rate reduced now spend virtue when you use them.

Anniversary Gifts

Happy 14th Anniversary to all our players! This year we have done something a little different. We have a few new items and included last years items for anyone that may of missed them. Hope you enjoy this token of appreciate for all your years of dedication to UO. As always you have to be 30 days old to receive an anniversary gift. The gifts will stay active until October 31st.

Guild Voting Changes

Added functionality to resolve guild hierarchy issues when a guild has no active (characters that have logged in within the last 30 days) voting members. When a guild has no active voting members (Guild Leader, Warlords, Emissaries or Members) and only has active non-voting members (Ronins) the system will now hold a special election which will promote the guild member (Ronin) that was most recently active to become the guild master. If the system is unable to identify the most recently active member, it will randomly select an active guild member (Ronin) to promote. This special election will ONLY occur when there are no active voting guild members.

Halloween

This year’s Halloween Event will begin October 1st thru November 12th. We have added a special treat for you this year so keep your guard up. *evil grin*

Bug Fixes
Converting stoneboots to Gargoyle stone Talons will no longer give a TID error.
You can no longer use the Sacred Journey ability to recall away to your ship when you’re flagged.
The amount of ingots were corrected to be the same when salvaging in a bag or by the smith hammer.
You can now salvage deer mask, bear mask, and tribal masks via the salvage bag.
Gargoyle alterations should now recognize the small soul forge.
Your poison skill will affect the poison strength applied to Shurikens and Fukiya Darts.
Grape vines fished up from MIB’s will produce grape bunches (this does not apply to the ones already fished up). Non functional grape vines previously fished up can be traded in for functional items at the Ye Olde Winery in Yew.

Classic client 7.0.17
Cliloc Changes

Enhanced Client 4.0.17
Cliloc Changes
Players are no longer able to filter out GM reponses
Updated the Enhanced Client default target type for several mysticism spells

More...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please make sure that item bless deeds from the cleanup are not available on Siege and Mugen.

Thanks!

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats fine, but I want scroll binders to turn ins

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for those that does not like TC or have no time, here is a preview of the new items:

[YOUTUBE]ZCjxLNz1eaU[/YOUTUBE]

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like a different type of hat for the fishermans suit. Tricorn hat would be nice. :)

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please make sure that item bless deeds from the cleanup are not available on Siege and Mugen.

Thanks!
why not this shard need something to make players feel more safe, so maybe they will come outta there houses or outta stealth and actually play but if they are gonna come i hope this clean up stays.. so that way obtainalbe to everyone new and old

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wheres the pet dyes?
clarification on how the bard suit bonus works?
like the table lamp,virtue tapestries
wheres the imbuing bonus set?
scrolls binders needed to be added to turn in, ty in advance

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wheres the pet dyes?
clarification on how the bard suit bonus works?
scrolls binders needed to be added to turn in, ty in advance
watch my video, it says enough about your questions ;)

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
watch my video, it says enough about your questions ;)
maybe i didnt see it, but there was nothing in your video, except the bard suit, regarding my questions

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe i didnt see it, but there was nothing in your video, except the bard suit, regarding my questions
ok, let's see the others then...

wheres the pet dyes?
they don't exist for now...

virtues tapestry are shown about at the beginning of the video, the table lamp is nothing special, just the one you see in the gump...

I have specified which one are imbueable (all the 3 new sets are imbuable with 450 weight).

C

Cloak&Dagger

I have specified which one are imbueable (all the 3 new sets are imbuable with 450 weight).
he is asking questions about the cliloc Update which has nothing to do with publish 72 of itself. We get new clilocs all the time and none of the stuff in them come to pass.

IE, there was a suit with +1 Imbuing on each piece in the Clilocs and I don't see that in the list of items for this publish.

C

Cloak&Dagger

why not this shard need something to make players feel more safe, so maybe they will come outta there houses or outta stealth and actually play but if they are gonna come i hope this clean up stays.. so that way obtainalbe to everyone new and old
This makes no sense, sounds like every other shard, aside from that having every item blessed sounds like you mind as well just make the shard have insurance in which case you mind as well just get rid of the shard altogether.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Feedback] Honesty Virtue Quests

1) The lost items say they have a timer of 3 hours in the chat window, but there is no visible timer shown on the item, so it is very easy to lose track of time for the quest unless you do it immediately. You don't always have time to do it immediately though, so a visible timer would be a very good thing.

2) When you return the item, there is no message that you have gained in Honesty.

3) Even if you return the item to the original owner for quadruple points, the gain is almost insignificant. No visible change in dots for the virtue.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Feedback] Honesty Virtue Quests

1) The lost items say they have a timer of 3 hours in the chat window, but there is no visible timer shown on the item, so it is very easy to lose track of time for the quest unless you do it immediately. You don't always have time to do it immediately though, so a visible timer would be a very good thing.

2) When you return the item, there is no message that you have gained in Honesty.

3) Even if you return the item to the original owner for quadruple points, the gain is almost insignificant. No visible change in dots for the virtue.
Since the items are pretty rare and the gain very low a knight in honesty should get an 80% discount then :D

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please fix the gump for the Cleanup Officers so you can see what you are selecting? It's impossible to tell the robes apart because nothing displays when you mouse over them on the gump. Same for the virtue tile deeds, the horse barding deed, and the item bless deed. Nothing is labeled in any way.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to activate tooltips in the uo config to get the mouseover text. Atleast i get that on TC1.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested extensively the clean up and while I think most of values have been well thought, I have a few possible tweaks in mind:

- The Item Bless Deed is a good addition, as it has been the target of extensive dupes, but 50k points is too low and would in practice kill insurance of everything but imbued/brittle stuff. Make it 500k points so people will still use it but not systematically on every piece of equipment.

- The old gifts have been well priced, as even if some people have hundreds of them it's a one time deal, not farmable stuff. The way it is, the older the gift the more value it has, and that's good, but there is a problem with some of the 300th anniv items: Mondain Coin is only 25 points and the 300th anniv bag is not redeemable at all. Also one wonders why 1999 Valentine gifts (pink champagne, colored muffins, etc) are not included, but after all there aren't that many around and it would be a pity if they completely vanished.

- The artifact value is ok for Major ones, but the Minor ones are too low and should be 500 points instead of 100, so they would be about 1/10th of the Major ones, not 1/50th. I can't see anyone trying to redeem 800 marties to get a piece of deco

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies if someone else has already pointed this out, but from screencaps I've seen the fisher set doesn't seem to be meddable, and it probably should be.

I do not have a fished but most fishers that I know have some magery, and those who don't depend upon mana in some other manner.

-Galen's player

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i tested the gloves and the chest piece and was able to med

B

Barry Manilow

Any info on the thieves guild quest? I looked in britain and could not find anything.