• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Trading] *****Atlantic Rares Swap Meet*****

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Atlantic Rares Swap Meet

Sponsored by the Atlantic Auction House

May 27th - June 3rd​

This is a first time Event for the Atlantic Auction House located on the east side of Luna. Right on the other side of the wall from the Luna MoonGate.

There will 30+ vendors for your use during this time period. Rules are as follows

1. Vendors will be set up starting May 24th.
2. Vendors are free for the time period and come on a first sign up basis. Sign Up Below.
3. You may have only one vendor per person.
4. Vendors must be stocked with rare items only. No arties or normal items. Vendors stocking non rare items will be terminated.
5. All Vendor Contracts will be ended on June 2cnd. Those wishing to keep there vendors in place will be offered a renewal price at that time.
6. All Vendors must be removed by June 6th if you are not planning to stay.

I am open to running a live rares auction on the night of June 3rd. There would need to be a minimum of 40 items. Items may be placed in one of the Mail boxes located at the Atlantic Auction House.

Those wishing to run Items throught he Auction follow these directions

1. Post here in this forum what Items you will be auctioning. Just the name
2. Place Items in a bag with a book containing your contact info and stating price for each item.
3. Place your bag of items in one of the Mailboxes located at the Atlantic Auction House. NEVER HAND YOUR ITEMS TO ANY PLAYER NO MATTER WHAT
4. Items for Auction must be submitted by May 28th. No exceptions.
5. The Auction Staff will confirm their reciept in this thread as they come in daily.
6. All Sales are subject to a 5% auction fee paid by the seller. (Yes this is Half Price)

Any Questions Please post here and I will answer them as I can.

Good Luck Everyone and I am looking forward to seeing you all soon on Atlantic

Vendor Reservations

1. New Thunder
2. Assia Penryn
3. Tom Builder
4. Lupushor
5. THP
6. Yanaki2
7. Treyster
8. Omnius
9. Pink Floyd
10. Uoforever
11. Wootsauce
12. Theman2010
13. Green Lantern
14. Antiquarian Nuja
15. Shummer

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
call it whatever you want, it isn't an official rares festival, i'm not attending, most people that care about the concept of a rares festival won't attend, its pretty low to do something like this and takes away from the whole idea of having a festival, there is a reason athelas was setting up a rares festival committee, 2 festivals a year tops is plenty

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This Friend, Has nothing to do with a Festival, is nothing like a festival, nor is it intended to be. Hence it is not Low in any means nor is your attendance required.

This is just an opprotunity for the community if they wish to come together and swap some rares.

Get over yourself. While I agree with you that Rares Festivals should be twice a year. I have to seriously disagree the you speak for MOST people in any way. The Rares People I know pretty much have their own voice and know how to use it without your help.

Thanks for the input.

Next

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Friend, Has nothing to do with a Festival, is nothing like a festival, nor is it intended to be. Hence it is not Low in any means nor is your attendance required.

This is just an opprotunity for the community if they wish to come together and swap some rares.

Get over yourself. While I agree with you that Rares Festivals should be twice a year. I have to seriously disagree that you speak for MOST people in any way. The Rares People I know pretty much have their own voice and know how to use it without your help.

Thanks for the input.

Next
Hott damn rubber bands! OWNED SON! :pie:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I dunno I think it is kinda neat and am interested to see how it goes.

G

Gunga_Din

What the hell does this have to do with the rares fest? I was speaking to Nabin about this weeks ago. I like the idea. Chill Demon Child.....

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Get over yourself. While I agree with you that Rares Festivals should be twice a year. I have to seriously disagree the you speak for MOST people in any way. The Rares People I know pretty much have their own voice and know how to use it without your help.

Thanks for the input.

Next
call it whatever you want, its a wanna be rares festival, and i'll say whatever i want to thanks

Hott damn rubber bands! OWNED SON! :pie:
no idea who you are so don't make posts on forums where u don't belong, thanks

What the hell does this have to do with the rares fest? I was speaking to Nabin about this weeks ago. I like the idea. Chill Demon Child.....
really gunga? you're all over the toad town people for their proposal but this you're perfectly fine with... what a strange guy

i know people that feel the same way i do

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the input.

Next
If people get rid of what they can now, what do you think the vendor goods will look like come the next fest? I expressed my discontent about doing another early rares fest due to a quality issue, and although this isn't necessary an official rares fest it still serves the same purpose.

Perhaps Demonous was not the most articulate with this, but his mind was in the right place. If people started to do the same thing (temporary planned rares outlets) all over, there would be no reason to have a rares fest at all.

If you want to do an auction encouraging higher end items, go for it. IMO though rares sales should be limited to local trades, the occasional auction with a trickle of rare goods, and of course vendors/rares auction at fest.

Just my two pennies...hope it was constructive without being negative to any parties.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
call it whatever you want, its a wanna be rares festival, and i'll say whatever i want to thanks

really gunga? you're all over the toad town people for their proposal but this you're perfectly fine with... what a strange guy

i know people that feel the same way i do
Thanks for the input friend. Sorry you can't seem to distinguish a festival from any other possible event in the rares community.

The Tantrum room is this way ==================> :yell:

Now If you would be so kind as to move on from this thread so the rest of us can get down to having some fun that would be great your comments are noted

L

lupushor

Demonous, you have been a good and trustworthy player every time I met you, and you've helped me a lot. But what you wrote is not cool. :(
Or is there a list with who belongs in this forum and who doesn't?

I know both of you and Buns is a great pal, too.

Regards.

PS - Also, we should have all yelled at Gunga cos he just had a very-mini-tinsy-2-vendors-wanna-be-but-isn't-quite-there Rares Festival at the same location. But, of course, nobody dares to yell at Gunga.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, when the vendors at rares fest remind you of Luna please recall when Restroom said I told you so. Demonous shouldn't be chastized for seeing what other people do not choose to see...

G

Gunga_Din

PS - Also, we should have all yelled at Gunga cos he just had a very-mini-tinsy-2-vendors-wanna-be-but-isn't-quite-there Rares Festival at the same location. But, of course, nobody dares to yell at Gunga.
Mini sale? asfj;lajf;jfwj;jfa !!! People yell at me all the time lol.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Vendor Rental List Updated.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May as well put my oar in too......

Rares Festival??? Most of the vendors at these so called weekend festivals are filled with semi-rare junk?? with only the odd vendor selling great rares and a few with a mixture of rares and arties etc etc.

Go for it i say......

G

Gunga_Din

The only thing worth a damn at the festivals anymore are the Auction houses. Vendors have a cap at 100 mil anyway, this is not gonna take away from the Auctions.

DVI and I were trying to setup collecting HUBS across different servers, but that didn't pan out.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are charicter trnasfers back up and safe? id love to reserve a vendor. do we have a definition of what is acceptable? i have a load of lesser junk rares id love to get rid of(power,vanquishing weapons, 13th anniversay tickets,pre aos items with charges ect..) also what about items like the old glacial pickaxes and stuff?just want to make sure before i commit anything what is acceptable and whats not.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Yes transfers are working and I have done several this week with no problems.

If the item is defined as something you could sell here on the Rares Forum it can be placed on your vendor for sale at the Swap meet.

Let's keep it simple like that.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Demonous, you have been a good and trustworthy player every time I met you, and you've helped me a lot. But what you wrote is not cool. :(
Or is there a list with who belongs in this forum and who doesn't?

I know both of you and Buns is a great pal, too.

Regards.

i noticed u didn't dare say anything to buns after his comment, i wasn't speaking to him when he made his comment, nor was i speaking to you and yet you both feel the need to say something when i was talking directly to nabin

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the input.

Next
:popcorn:

I agree with Nabin on Demonous' case. You replied to my post also as if your attendance makes a difference. If anything the show will go on with or without you.

J

Jason88

I have to agree with Restroom Cowboy on this one. I do believe that this takes away from the Rares Festival. I know Nabin talks about the "community", but I think this is just a chance for him to make some easy gold. Five percent on sales is a LOT when you are talking about high end rares. I also can't help but notice that he mentioned "half price"? This is possibly due to the reason that these Auctions or small "festivals" usually go unsuccessful. I think he is just trying to maximize his profit/gold using his Luna House.

You can't blame him I guess, but I really hope it does not take away from the actual rares fest.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:popcorn:

I agree with Nabin on Demonous' case. You replied to my post also as if your attendance makes a difference. If anything the show will go on with or without you.
Bon Iver, your post is in regard to a full blown festival, Nabin's event is not a full blown festival but it has many similarities minus the player events. My whole argument which may have come out the wrong way, is that having little mini events like Nabin's will take away from an actual rares festival. For the next festival the vendors won't be stocked as well because people will have less rares to sell, less items will be put into the auction. If people on different shards started to do events like this then the whole concept of a rares festival is out the window and people would have to burn xfer tokens left and right to keep up with all of them.

Bon Iver, you proposed a rares festival taking place on Atlantic, you and Queen Arya asked me and Sundina if we want to run the silent auction so you basically asked for our attendance. Since yours is a full festival, a vote is going to take place to see if the community wants to have one on Atlantic, like i said i would be voting against one being there, not because its you or Toad Town running it, but because I'd rather see one somewhere else. That being said, if the vote passes and the next rares festival does take place on Atlantic, I will be willing to run the silent auction.

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
In that case, I apologize.

I read that post in a totally opposite way. I do agree with you, Demonous, that the small rares swap will take away from the rares fest. Nabin, creating this small event will steal the thunder from the actual rares fest and interrupt some collectors preparation. I am not trying to be the bad guy! I just think its more logical also.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I have to agree with Restroom Cowboy on this one. I do believe that this takes away from the Rares Festival. I know Nabin talks about the "community", but I think this is just a chance for him to make some easy gold. Five percent on sales is a LOT when you are talking about high end rares. I also can't help but notice that he mentioned "half price"? This is possibly due to the reason that these Auctions or small "festivals" usually go unsuccessful. I think he is just trying to maximize his profit/gold using his Luna House.

You can't blame him I guess, but I really hope it does not take away from the actual rares fest.
That's just a silly statement and shows you really have no clue what your talking about.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
In that case, I apologize.

I read that post in a totally opposite way. I do agree with you, Demonous, that the small rares swap will take away from the rares fest. Nabin, creating this small event will steal the thunder from the actual rares fest and interrupt some collectors preparation. I am not trying to be the bad guy! I just think its more logical also.
We sell rares on these forums on a daily basis as well as having them for sale on vendors across the shards every day.

I catagorize all this silly nonsense in the doom and gloom faction.

Holy Cow let's not get together in more than 2's or 3's the rares market might come to an end.

Clearly at this point if your not participating get off the thread.

If your view of a rares fest is focused so completely around whats on a vendor for sale you havre seriously missed the point of what a rares fest is about.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Vendor Request List Updated

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ladies and gentlemen will ya lay off Nabin Sheesh!

since when does the official raresfests and this message board become the only ways you are allowed to sell rares or get to gether about rares?

lets face the facts here, hes nice enough to hold a mini rares gathering on the most populated shard in the most prime location you can possibly get.

and thinking this is a deterrent from the raresfests is laughable.i dont know about most of you but i sell a ton of what i consider junk each rares festival and i probably buy twice as much (what i consider treasure..for the moment)to take home, will this make me take less or spend less?? hell no.
and to be honest cmon people sometimes life interferes with plans, i have missed the last 2 rares fests , the 1st because of health issues and the second because of a very important buisness trip...did the rares fest miss me or the 3-400 mil i spend every trip? i doubt it..

and as far as him charging to have a rares auction...why shouldnt he?? if someone is selling a item its not by the kindness of there heart or they would have givent it to someone. its to make the gold to do whatever they want with.so if people are willing to buy at the auction and people are willing to sell at the auction for a small closing fee to conduct it in a safe environment that thats all that matters.if you think its too high, go find a better place, and hold an auction yourself and charge what you think is fair, thats your right.

and in closing...just so you guys know you should be dam well gratefull that auctions in UO arent like they are in the real world. i work in the TV and Film industry and have clients like Time warner cable, CBS,Warner Brothers,Disney and hundreds of others. In my industry (im using this as a comparason because the values are much closer then jokes like ebay ect..)
The last auction i attended garnered about 28 million in sales. of which the auction house got a 15% buyers premium(15% of what you spent to buy the equipment on top of what you buyght it for)and they also recieved 15% from the sellers as a sellers premium so the auction house made over 8.4 million from the auctions, the sellers took home 23.8 million(minus uncle sams cut) and the buyers spent over 32 million to take the stuff.

so in retrospect is his fees really that bad?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's just a silly statement and shows you really have no clue what your talking about.
What part is silly though Nabin? He was correct that this is indeed both profitable for you and does indeed detract from rares fest vendors. I think anyone looking to do this sort of activity is just playing with fire when vs. the idea of fest.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We sell rares on these forums on a daily basis as well as having them for sale on vendors across the shards every day.
Having items for sale on ones home shard vs. inviting the community from around the world to one location are two different things and should be classified as such.

Holy Cow let's not get together in more than 2's or 3's the rares market might come to an end.
It was my impression that these boards were here to offer just what you are asking to do. Without the 5% commission.

If your view of a rares fest is focused so completely around whats on a vendor for sale you havre seriously missed the point of what a rares fest is about.
Rares fest is about bring the community together to share their rares. The vendors had been a way to help do this, especially for items under 100 mil each. People dismiss the vendors it seems lately, yet the vendors are the reason many people come. There is an item physicality which needs to be present to make a rares fest successful, and diluting it through mini fests and swap meets is not helpful.

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
Not trying to offend you Nabin, I respect you.

Plan to talk to ya later since you might have won the Addie painting, but we'll see after midnight!

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It was my impression that these boards were here to offer just what you are asking to do. Without the 5% commission.
Maybe you misread the opening invitation. I stated i would be "OPEN" to running a rares auction if there was enought interest. I further stated what the requirements would be.

This is very different from a statement of "There will be" a rares auction

There is an auction at the site Every Friday night anyway and yes the sellers premium is 10%.

I find it hilarious that this would be looked at as a money grabbing opprotunity as I could just rent the vendor spots for about 40 mil per week with no drama.

So in reality this runs me about 100 mil to put on assuming there is no interest in an auction.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
But, of course, nobody dares to yell at Gunga.
Would you like to see my icq logs? hehe

Kinda does... There goes my ride! :-(

N

NewThunder

I would like a vendor please, just ICQ'd you as well.

This idea will only enhance other rares fests.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you misread the opening invitation. I stated i would be "OPEN" to running a rares auction if there was enought interest. I further stated what the requirements would be.

This is very different from a statement of "There will be" a rares auction

There is an auction at the site Every Friday night anyway and yes the sellers premium is 10%.

I find it hilarious that this would be looked at as a money grabbing opprotunity as I could just rent the vendor spots for about 40 mil per week with no drama.

So in reality this runs me about 100 mil to put on assuming there is no interest in an auction.
I'm sorry Nabin, I really am not trying to be a jerk here. I just get frustrated sometimes, and this is just one of those things that frustrates me. :)

I will probably be attending if you have the auction, and no...I honestly don't care if you profit from it. Nothing wrong with getting paid for your time and efforts. That was just a *pokes with stick* moment.

Again though, I will be chewing some rears if I see the next rares fest turn up looking like another *little luna*.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
''I find it hilarious that this would be looked at as a money grabbing opprotunity as I could just rent the vendor spots for about 40 mil per week with no drama.''

This iam afraid made me laugh......cuckooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Hey i said ..........go for it!! u were talking sense until now...

but lets be honest u can get free luna vendor spots on all shards now...just to fill the many vacant spaces in luna.....hey i love living the dream but the dreams dying.....magincia proved that once and for all.....maybe 2-3 years ago u could rent out for good gold ....

still say its a good idea for the rares swop as long as u keep it to ''true rares'' and not let the semirare/artie /replica trash come in...[end]

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Don't you all have something more constructive to do? If not then I have some wonderful projects you can help me with and they are just none stop fun and exciting!! So who wants an assignment?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
''I find it hilarious that this would be looked at as a money grabbing opprotunity as I could just rent the vendor spots for about 40 mil per week with no drama.''

but lets be honest u can get free luna vendor spots on all shards now...just to fill the many vacant spaces in luna.....hey i love living the dream but the dreams dying.....magincia proved that once and for all.....maybe 2-3 years ago u could rent out for good gold ....

still say its a good idea for the rares swop as long as u keep it to ''true rares'' and not let the semirare/artie /replica trash come in...[end]
Ignorance is bliss?

Luedeus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I owned the spot where Nabin is now. Was a smaller house before he combined the two and I made 20+mil a week easy from vendors. So I am sure he makes 40 easily a week from vendors.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry its May 2011?? [are we stuck in a time warp?? ] .

We can get free vendors in Luna in peoples player run shops on any shard.

Personaly i would never pay high rent for any vendor position anymore??? and would TRUST everyone else to feel the same.....Basically search engines sell the likes of Luna / Zento/ Umbra road and now Magincia!!!!! So theres no such thing as Best vendor spots because the search engines are selling/finding your stuff for you!!!!

Loads of open free adverts 24/7 to sell your wares by the search engines!!!! WITHOUT THE NEED TO WADE THROUGH EVERYSHOPS EVERY VENDOR!!!!! The only payment i would make would be maybe 10-25k/week a token gesture for the running of the shop.

And yes i get free rent inside Luna !!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP...IF you were a part of the community you would be well aware of how far downhill the rares fest vendors have gone over the last year. IF you think it is ok, go ahead and continue thinking along the same linear lines.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
One of the Reasons that Vendors at the Rares fest are not as nice as before is a total lack of standards and accountability around them. One of the Reasons I am Hosting this Rares Swap Meet is to help Re-establish some of those standards. Please note Guidelines 3 & 4.

3. You may have only one vendor per person.
4. Vendors must be stocked with rare items only. No arties or normal items. Vendors stocking non rare items will be terminated.

Now Let's all get back on track to what this thread is for.

Venodr Request List Updated.

Still have spots opne and these are on the Prime North Side of the Location in a very High traffic area. I doubt this opprotunity will arise again as I am renting the spots out once again after this event is over. The renters of those spots take the very seriously and the chances of them being empty again like this is slim.

C

ChReuter

Some of you folks are getting very emotional. It's kinda funny really.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nabin

I'll be there (with gold) I haven't asked for a vendor yet because,
to be perfectly honest I'm not sure I have enough rares to stock a vendor. At least not that I'm willing to sell ;)

If I do decide that I can part with some of my goodies, I'll see at that time if you still have a vendor available.

:D

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP...IF you were a part of the community you would be well aware of how far downhill the rares fest vendors have gone over the last year. IF you think it is ok, go ahead and continue thinking along the same linear lines.
For the last time Cowboy!!!!... Please dont make me waste my exclusive 3000th post on you!!!! Iam making the same point as you in a different way !!!! Listen the last couple of rares weekend festivals were crammed full of semi rare junk...with only the odd real rare vendor.....

If Nabin wants to do a ''True rares only'' event it can only be an improvement????....and yes IAM part of this community by quite some way!!!

and.... if Nabin wants to call it ...The 1st ''Real Rares Only Event'' ...then soo bloody be it......