• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beta Spoiler Pictures

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can hold instruments now.

Well there is an image to for lute, flute and harp. Does not mean it will happen.

Also there is a new spellbook.

If you find some more info or pictures, post it here!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The instruments have been in the client for a while now, just not implemented...

The book is the 'Book of Bard Masteries'

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't looked at what was in there for a while. :(

The only other thing I see is the new boats. But those are cut up into 100 pieces.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this means they had a good use of resources... there are a lot of items on uo that if propely colored can be reused for many purpose :p

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Aye looks like the bard mastery book to me too.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And those instruments are the bard mastery talismans, arent they?

If you want real pics, give me a minute..

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not all of it, but i'm out of time here. There are also thousands of ship pieces. I'll see if I can get pics of the ships before I go, but no idea on that..

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately it seems they've messed with how multis are displayed enough that InsideUO can no longer render them, so no new ship pics sadly. :(

On that note, if there are any that you want pictures of, i'd suggest making them before this gets patched out to everyone.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like they only made the movement smooth. If you try to move when a ship is moving you get jerked around.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like it'll be one big rush to get the good parking spots at the Floating Market. :D

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow

who give a crap, do something for the game besides adding eye candy. fix whats wrong first!

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically, smooth boat movement was just a clever way of luring people in to believing you would actually be able to move while on a boat. *Is not surprised in the least bit*. What a joke.

T

Trevelyan

Hmm, I don't get why existing cannon ball graphics aren't used!

B

Banner

Knowing that the hold can hold up to 12000 stones are we going to have refresh the boat everyday like the old ones?? And are they going to build more docks for all the new boats.. "I can remember a time when you could not get within 20 tile from a dock anywhere..." And I would like to see something like dock rentals so when you get a spot at your local dock you will not have to worry about not having a place to dock when you get back.. I know I will be getting one of these boats when they come out.. And one more thing will we be able to hire NPC deck hands or not?? Just curious..

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any reasons to pvp on the boats? I foresee trammel players invading fel if they can dominate the seas.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ship I left at dock town disappeared! =[

It says the ship cannot be located when I try to use the recall rune. I went to the dockmaster and he says my ship is too far away to drydock.

W

WhityJinn

Gargoyles have ships?Arent they like...underground people?Did they bring boats from the Abyss?What`s next?Goblin zeppelins?Orc steam train?

wait...the next expansion is gonna be....STEAMPUNK!
Yeah!Like Ultima Online: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember them saying something about making it where people can't just part and keep boats parked all the time around the market.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screenshot from tonights Scalis.

Favourite part is the boat bottom of the pic, every tile occupied by an eel and the tiller man is yelling 'Arr, we be scuttled!'. :D

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyles have ships?Arent they like...underground people?Did they bring boats from the Abyss?What`s next?Goblin zeppelins?Orc steam train?

wait...the next expansion is gonna be....STEAMPUNK!
Yeah!Like Ultima Online: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura!
Ter Mur was never underground. It was basically on the other side of the world/plane/shard, similar to how people talk about digging a hole down to China. That's how it is portrayed in UO and that's how it was portrayed in the original Ultimas.

W

wrekognize

It is funny how the ships/graphics look way better in 2d than in the EC.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should I make him harder then?
I only see a few dead people on deck.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this creature is only going to be in the water, than it is going to be a lot easier to kill not having to deal with any type of melee attacks. I could see him being insanely easy if you get one guy to tank drinking cure potions and have 2-3 people with healing skill constantly bandaging.

Or what if a tamer has a Greater Dragon and tells it to stay in the middle of the boat?

I haven't fought him yet to know what his special abilities are though.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please, please, please make at least ONE boss non-soloable. please. please? and think of sampires--they can solo anything.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please, please, please make at least ONE boss non-soloable. please. please? and think of sampires--they can solo anything.
Dude! Did you watch the townhall videos? Cal didn't even know what a sampire is...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about harder, but there's a distinct lack of being slapped with fish in that screenshot; He needs at least a "Whale Whirlwind" attack, where he spins across the screen holding said deep sea beastie...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When at sea why not increase the power of Water Elemental, & weaken a Rising Colusus. There basically opposing elementals. Heck, introduce a Greater Water Elemental ^^ or a Tsunami Elemental. You could even make Sea Dragons........

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they need to hire one single person who actually knows something about the game they are responsible for because everyone on their team is clearly clueless.