UOGameCodes *fixthisish*

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008
Seriously wtf is up with UOGameCodes? i purchased SA now 2 days ago and still can't update my account cause the site just hangs and crashes....anywhere else can i upgrade since apparently its hard to figure out how to make the page work.../rant

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2006
Had the same thing with the 7slot space upgrade call the uo customer line they will fix it. They are awaire and are in the mist of fixing it.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 23, 2004
I have issues with it when I use it to get a gamecode. If I want to use it again, I have to clear my history, cookies, etc. to make it work again.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2009
That site need a real makeover! Even when does work, it's confusing as hell. Very hard to find exactly what you want. There are open source tools out there, with which a 14-year-old can make a decent web shop in a day, can't tell me EA Mythic isn't able to.

G

Goonball FC

yeah.. and it still prompts you to call the littlest pet shop adventure island department by pressing option 7..

i mean WTF.. do you seriously not want my money?

they mentioned looking into it months ago.. asked for account names to investigate.. and wah lah! nothing.. still borked

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
I can't even get the code to upgrade to a 7th char. It says my username and password is incorrect. Oh well, just lost income on EA's part... No skin off my back.

T

Tazar

I can't even get the code to upgrade to a 7th char. It says my username and password is incorrect. Oh well, just lost income on EA's part... No skin off my back.
If I remember right, if it is an old account, you need to put a "UO_" in front of your account name when logging in there.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
If I remember right, if it is an old account, you need to put a "UO_" in front of your account name when logging in there.
I don't know that is the case or not, considering my account is only 1 year old, but thanks I will give it a try.

G

Goonball FC

called them this evening... the service rep i spoke with actually made me go to the UOgamecodes site, go thru the process and tell her exactly what the error code was.

can this seriously be the first time they heard of this happening? id think not. she acted like it was some great mystery that it was not working. after explaining.. jumping through hoops with verifying accounts, giving my phone number. i get "please hold while i figure this out"..

welp.. guess the girl couldn't figure out how to get me back out of hold as my phone call was disconnected after waiting a few minutes. after waiting for them to call ME back.. i gave up.. maybe ill try tommorow and pancake alot to see what i can get.. :p

seriously guys.. this has been an issue for months now. you dont want me to upgrade my accounts?

fix it? fire the vendor? hell hire me to sit there and do it.. do something cause what you got going on aint really going anywhere..

C

Cal_Mythic

called them this evening... the service rep i spoke with actually made me go to the UOgamecodes site, go thru the process and tell her exactly what the error code was.

can this seriously be the first time they heard of this happening? id think not. she acted like it was some great mystery that it was not working. after explaining.. jumping through hoops with verifying accounts, giving my phone number. i get "please hold while i figure this out"..

welp.. guess the girl couldn't figure out how to get me back out of hold as my phone call was disconnected after waiting a few minutes. after waiting for them to call ME back.. i gave up.. maybe ill try tommorow and pancake alot to see what i can get.. :p

seriously guys.. this has been an issue for months now. you dont want me to upgrade my accounts?

fix it? fire the vendor? hell hire me to sit there and do it.. do something cause what you got going on aint really going anywhere..
Please PM me on this.

Also, this is something we have been working on for months, and I can assure you that we already have a new solution planned for UOGamecodes ;)

Contracts ... legal ... blah blah blah.

Apologies for not seeing this thread sooner,

- c

Y

Yen Sid

I don't know why people have such a hard time really. It doesn't make sense how some people have a problem every time they try while others have zero problems at all. Personally, I have bought things from uogamecodes, probably 5 seperate times, maybe more, and I never once had a problem. I was always able to log in, always got the sale to complete, always got the email with my codes, and the codes always worked. Even at the release of SA I had no trouble upgrading. Sorry to hear people are having troubles. Glad to hear it is at least "being worked on."

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 19, 2008
In the meantime, I use firefox for all my uogamecode transactions. Haven't had a glitch yet.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
I have NEVER been able to use UOGamecodes... ever. It just doesn't recognize my name and password. It's been looked at (a few times) and my only solution they tell me is to send my order to them via the support site.

Hope they revamp the site, but I'm waaaay past the impulse to buy anything.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
I heard this also and have never had to do this with a 12 and (2) 9 year old accounts username and password. Just purchased and upgraded two accounts to the 7th/extra storage code with out a hitch.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009

Yea I tried putting UO_ and it is still saying my username/password is incorrect.

Hopefully this new fix will fix it.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Drachenfels
uoforum.de
...or another idea: just sell ingame tokens for GTCs, lets say 20 Mio. for a 30 day GTC, 50 Mio. for a 90 day GTC, 100 Mio. for a 180 day GTC.

It would make things easier for the players and I would simply love this! :)

G

Goonball FC

...or another idea: just sell ingame tokens for GTCs, lets say 20 Mio. for a 30 day GTC, 50 Mio. for a 90 day GTC, 100 Mio. for a 180 day GTC.

It would make things easier for the players and I would simply love this! :)
yeah.. would be great to be able to buy everything offered on the site for uo gold in game.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2003
Not meant as a gloat, but I purchased the 7th Character and Storage Upgrade package today, and it seemed to work for me at least. I knew when I filled out the form that it might not, but I took the risk anyway...

G

Goonball FC

i purchased a code and had them run the transaction over the phone. the code didn't work, tried three more codes. no dice. tried applying codes through the account over the phone.7th slot and storage increase didn't work, but i could purchase the 7th slot solo deal.

so i got the 7th slot, but im beat on the 20% storage. that's a shame cause i need space more then i need another character. id like to upgrade all three accounts, but i guess that's not gonna happen

S

Shalimar/Cleo

I upgraded another of my accounts today via the gamecodes site. Purchase went through, code e-mailed to me right away, but the link included in the e-mail left the page hanging several times until it timed out. After a while I decided just to log in to UO and go to the account screen there, pasted the SA code into that and it upgraded right away. So, anyone having issues with upgrading from the link you get in your e-mail, try this.

Hope that helps a few.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
Adding UO_ didn't work. The underscore gave me an idea to try, but non of the combos work for me. Oh well... no house teleporters for me. No impulse buying.rolleyes:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
Seriously wtf is up with UOGameCodes? i purchased SA now 2 days ago and still can't update my account cause the site just hangs and crashes....anywhere else can i upgrade since apparently its hard to figure out how to make the page work.../rant
If you prefer, you can call us to place your order by phone (Please Note: Evil Home Décor codes cannot be ordered via phone). We can be reached by calling 1-866-543-5435 and our Customer Service representative will be happy to assist you. For further questions regarding UO Game Code Store's security, you can contact us by email by following this link. *Current versions of Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer or AOL.

Also try a different web browser then the one you are using. My Firefox use to freeze up because it could not load an image on the site, I went to the store on Netscape Navigator and was able to purchase.

V

Vyal

The only browser I can use is IE on uogamecodes nothing else works.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Siege Perillous Community
I'm still unable to upgrade to SA even, I'm starting to wonder whats the goal anyways...

Last time I called EA they were not even able to find the UO department, didn't seem to even know what I was talking about.

After 30 minutes of being transfered I lost patience...

Cal also personally said he would assist me in upgrading, yet when I send the IM he asked for, he replied that he didn't understand what I was asking for.

:danceb:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Siege Perillous Community
look at this, the last reply I got from their fantastic online support... :

Hello,

Thank you contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

I'm sorry you continue to have issues. To be quite honest I cannot assist you any further. I reactivated your account and gave you 30 days of free time. If you applied your code to a different account then you'll have to purchase another code to update your existing account.

If you need further assistance please visit our knowledge base at Support Home Page.

-0-

I was completely frustrated when I read this, it seems that even there they have no idea what I am trying to do... I applied a code on another account and it works, and now I try to upgrade my main account WITH THE SAME PAYMENT METHOD !! and it fails repeatedly...

THE EARTH CALLS THE MOON... it's not like this was some FTP game !

I used to shell out 3 accounts, now I'm down to one and its only because I met great folks on siege who rekindled my UO spirit... I would be far away now if it weren't for them.

F

Fayled Dhreams

08-09-2010 thread start date
08-23-2010 thread "died date"

:next:

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 21, 2010
Well, I signed up a second account at ea then went to gamecodes to purchase a code - but it won't reconize my new account... sitting on phone for 30 mins and no resolution. really annoying.