• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm leaving...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half of Mythic is being fired, the "community" dosen't care.

Noone wants to act, so I'll be brief here, because I know noone is going to cry with me. Because noone thinks it's alive...

I'm not going to watch it being mutilated and bionised ; I'm taking it with me.

Hope you can still have fun in a sterelised world... its just a game huh ?

I truely do, I had much fun here, thanks to all who helped me build Ahu into a profiscient macemen, even if I never had the chance to have fun with any of you with it. Thanks to all those who patiently listened to me cry and get angry at the lack of emotional coherence in certain places.

Thanks to all those who filled my hardened heart with joyful memories.

And those who said they'd be here but weren't, or that they'd help me, even if it was deeply subconscious ; well it pained me more than you can imagine, I can feel the wounds in my heart at every breath, and I'm bleeding with joy because I'll never forget what this all about.

Fare thee well, until the community returns.

The stranger.

P.s. - If you can only do one thing for me, PLEASE CLEAR ALL THE NECROMANCY BOOKS AND SAD SACRIFICIAL EFFIGIES FROM THE MAGE TOWER MEMORIAL.

IF YOU DON'T DO IT FOR ME DO IT SO TIFFRIC CAN REST IN PEACE !!!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have a house to give on the vesper beach, it was given to me by Bismark. May he also rest in peace.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure its something along the lines of Don't let the door hit you. =/

S

StaticOnAtlantic

I hope im not that sour when I leave, because no one wanted to play with me.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry, pal. Your quirkiness just made you too inaccessible for most folks. I do hate to see someone leave upset, though.

Good luck, then.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have any expensive stuff... they're all decos and plants I brought to make my house a nice place for my friends to visit...

I guess I can't say they don't want to play with me... they're just gone, so much of them have just disapeared without a word.

The others had lots of time to get me interested in the new fun aspects of the game, and now they're obviously too busy with their winter preparations and jobs to play anymore.

So yes I could play on my own server emulator it would not make much difference right now.

Especially since EA deleted my maceman AND my old grandfathered account.

According to them : "We needed disk space freed on our servers"

Everyone tells me it's impossible they told me that, that they don't do it, many even think I lie just to get attention.

Right now I'm on a empty account, with a small workshop with a garden on top.

In front of my hourse there is a lantern that says : "This one has already been killed" and noone managed to explain me whats that supposed to mean.

All I know is that my only friend that was left, Bismark, has probably died due to unknown health complications... I know he had lots of friends, I tried to make a memorial for him because he was a very important atlantic character from olden days and on (guildmaster of VEW)...

But I was there alone to bid him farewell... noone cared even a bit.

Even the news reporters on the shard, even those who should care are shunning me.

Thats how it is it seems. I'm definately upset.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have any expensive stuff... they're all decos and plants I brought to make my house a nice place for my friends to visit...

I guess I can't say they don't want to play with me... they're just gone, so much of them have just disapeared without a word.

The others had lots of time to get me interested in the new fun aspects of the game, and now they're obviously too busy with their winter preparations and jobs to play anymore.

So yes I could play on my own server emulator it would not make much difference right now.

Everyone tells me it's impossible they told me that, that they don't do it, many even think I lie just to get attention.

Right now I'm on a empty account, with a small workshop with a garden on top.

In front of my hourse there is a lantern that says : "This one has already been killed" and noone managed to explain me whats that supposed to mean.

All I know is that my only friend that was left, Bismark, has probably died due to unknown health complications... I know he had lots of friends, I tried to make a memorial for him because he was a very important atlantic character from olden days and on (guildmaster of VEW)...

But I was there alone to bid him farewell... noone cared even a bit.

Even the news reporters on the shard, even those who should care are shunning me.

Thats how it is it seems. I'm definately upset.
Wow...back to the endless rant again? maybe this might help...

S

StaticOnAtlantic

I guess I can't say they don't want to play with me... they're just gone, so much of them have just disappeared without a word.
So find some new friends. There is 1000's of Players playing this game, Mining, Selling, Growing, Fighting.

You provide an Email showing that I will give you 1 Billion Gold. Everyone here, Saw this. This is my deal, You show the email that they "needed disk space" and Ill hand over my Bank house.

At this point in time, Your claims are a bit outrageous, and I would have to side with your "Friends".

In front of my house there is a lantern that says : "This one has already been killed" and no one managed to explain me whats that supposed to mean.
I would be more than happy to purchase this lantern..... If its real....

All I know is that my only friend that was left, Bismark, has probably died due to unknown health complications
That is quite a far fetched idea, players come and go everyday, create new chars (atls) to stay away from certain people. I have 30+ Alts and im okay with that.

These Shard news reporters are looking for any story! Hell they even covered me, Im sorry but these shard news guys are blood thirsty for any damn story, and I mean anything....

Thats how it is it seems. I'm definitely upset.

Upset about what? That you Complain that, you cannot make friends? That EA/mythic "deleted your char".

Ultima Online does not guarantee equal opportunity. You make it, or you don’t. Simple as that Black and white, There is no grey area in UO im sorry.

It Seems by reading your post you want to be a popular GOLD mogul!, with a ton of people surrounding you.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Here's the thing about that . . . no one believes you. You have a bad habbit of spouting off names, conversations, occurrences, etc. that a) anyone could learn via Google, b) are truisms and cannot be proved or disproved, or c) you cannot demonstrate.

You want other people to see you as important - I understand that. However, there are better ways to build a reputation. The problem is, you don't want to put the work into making a name for yourself. You want a shortcut. Unfortunately, this is not how real life works.

Take a break, make a new profile, and start interacting with and treating people as equals. Stop pretending you have an *in*: that Calvin Crowner was the best man at your wedding, that Lord British was named after you, that Richard Garriott lives in your basement, that you invented the internet, etc. When this happens, I think you'll find yourself better received.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh Syrus... thats the problem.

People think I'm looking for something, but even if people would consider me as important ; what would it give me ? There is nothing I can think of... being part of an awesome community in which I could die tomorrow and noone would ever know about it ?

Sorry for the irony, but this is not how I think.

I appreciate the long reply Static... but the main reason I am leaving is because Xandria, or whatever you guys call it, is suffering. I'll be alone to care for it because noone will heed the prophecy. People hate the prophet because he comes to explain how the rules have changed, and this might only please a small portion of the peple. I do not make the rules.

I am not sure I am allowed to post a private e-mail by EA ?

Sadly the lantern is permanently fixed on the beach floor in front of my house. I even tried to page a GM to ask where it came from and noone knows. I tried searching the quests databases and could find nothing either.

Bismark would not leave like this, he had a guild he cared for, friends in an alliance, when he came back from work everyday, before he would eat he would connect to ICQ and load up UO. Everyday... and he often told me how was his day... he was a cop working with people with abuse problems, he was such a great man. I miss him.

When I posted about Bismark's possible death (after 3 months of abcense) everyone ignored me, noone even said , oh he might be on vacation. People ignored the post.

This is so beyond UO or even physical life right now ; I'll be honest with you, I'm looking for people who are able to coherently have lucid dreams, thus I am not even looking for what you might term a "commitment". There is no possible way I can explain this in the eglish language, forgive me for brigning it up and not following through, it simply is not possible.

Ok Mr. Nh'bdy, the guy who idolises the guardian as his own avatarship, of course you mean what you are saying ! It's about the what, 6th time you repeat yourself ? Still lurking in the shadows of the pockets of your master Cear ?

Of course I am not the avatar, just shows how shortsighted you are... I am the stranger, who "defeated" mondain, although the story was heavily romancised. YOU are the Avatar.

All that has happened is my fault, including the Armageddon spell destroying the atlantic shard, and I am now taking responsibility.

There I found it... at worse I'll get banned I guess :

Hello,

Thank you contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

I'm sorry but your game time will not be transferred and there is nothing further that I can do regarding your items/gametime. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please be aware that characters may be deleted after 90 days of no use if the space is needed on our servers. This hasn't happened for a long time but it is possible.

If you need further assistance please visit our knowledge base at http://support.ea.com.

Thank you
(name removed)
Electronic Arts Customer Support

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can only be streamed from within the united states :(

With some perspective, the saddest part of my story is that noone really wants to know what really happened with the AMT...

Do you remember the new EM wanted to make a library about old history, starting with AMT ? Project was swiffed up under the rug, silently hoping noone will care... noone did. He probably visited the AMT memorial and realised it wasn't so PG13 back then... perhaps he realised more had been going on.

But the community phenomenon... it was something tangible, it sprang magic daily... and when the evil came to take its hold, we say even more improbable phenomenon.

And now I realise that lots of people are ready to fight, even die, for these phenomenon never to be mentioned again. Especially those that gave them the power to make more money that EA itself by selling duped gold on e-bay. I was there, I seen it all, they even bragged about it.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahu...

Take a deep breath...step away from the computer and get a good night's sleep. Things always look better in the morning.

*Runs off to look for another story*

:p

Ok?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a very good idea...

but.. everywhere I look there is these *gets a hand slapped on his mouth*

*sighs silently*

(ah I just replaced who penelope was in SNL, you know what ? You can keep insulting me I don't mind...)

S

Salya Sin

We've had several individuals in our guild just disappear in the last several months... perhaps they couldn't afford (and still can't) their account, internet, or computer repairs. There could be a million reasons why people disappear. I sometimes find myself with some real world stress or drama and not even the attraction of this game can draw me out. Or simply put... sometimes people have more important things to do.

Take a deep breath... really... doing lengthy monologues on stratics is part of this forum... anger and frustration are often released here and the community responds as it will...

That said (I use this phrase a lot I've noticed)...

It is entirely inconsiderate of you to come on here like this... it is disrespectful to those friends you are upset at... for you have no idea what is truly going on in their lives and perhaps you should try being a friend... instead of demanding they meet your expectations. Show patience... consideration... perhaps in time they will come back and share with you exactly why this has happened. There is a reason... and if one of my in game friends posted something like this... I would not bother for my explanation would make little difference.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half of Mythic is being fired, the "community" dosen't care.
It was more like 1/4 to 1/3 of Mythic. Also it was mostly in the Warhammer Online department. It had nothing to do with UO's performance, it was purely for business reasons.

Lots of people care. But there is nothing that can be done about it.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you would leave like that without even finding someone to write then a small e-mail saying simple : Sorry I'll be back later ?!

Inconsiderate ? Thats why I didn't make alot of friends, because I tought the few I spent time knowing would at least care enough to tell me hey I won't be there tomorrow as we planned...

*gets dragged by his hair*

I got 2 friends out of 10 who are remaining now... and you guys are lucky tonight !

*has thunderbolts in his eyes*

Oh and Mr. JC, you're not powerless... sign a petition to bring Chrissay back then ?! see what 5000 signatures do to EA ? Thats a bunch of money EA is not ready to lose... but I bet you guys are to sissy to do that...

*gets wrapped in a potatoe bag*

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So..
If a loved one of yours died, got ill, or even if you suddenly were hospitalized for an illness you weren't aware you had...
Your first action would be to take to your computer to inform internet people that you've never met ?

S

StaticOnAtlantic

I would sign a petition to get you back on your meds, I really would. Im not here to insult you, but to "nudge" you to come back to a little something called "real world", your babbling words almost appear as a mental spin or a depressed addict.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we are currently talking, can you honestly say without a doubt that we are this alienated ?

I DONT CARE IF THE GUY I NEVER MET HIM ; IF HE SPENDS HOURS WITH YOU' CARES ABOUT YOU AND WAITS FOR YOU AT THE OTHER END OF THE COMPUTER.

LIKE I'M WAITING FOR YOU ALL.

Want me to fight the balron ?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and Mr. JC, you're not powerless... sign a petition to bring Chrissay back then ?! see what 5000 signatures do to EA ? Thats a bunch of money EA is not ready to lose... but I bet you guys are to sissy to do that...
Are you joking? Please point out a single instance where an internet petition got anything accomplished.

Also you think EA cares if 5,000 people click a button? They don't. EA is a company who's only goal is to make money. If they think they can make just as much money from UO with 10 people instead of 20, they'll cut down to 10 people.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never Joke... if the petition is ignored suspend 5000 accounts. See what they think... it's not that much people. Still...

Saying something is impossible is giving into a paradigm I'm not following.

Depends if the "lot of you who really care" really do because it's all about love.

This energy blockage has got to go, these feelings need to flow. THESE GHOSTS NEED TO BE FREED.

NOW.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Haha! A conspiracy theory. Was that a GM I saw up on the grassy knoll taking a bead at me with his Telestorm Gun? Are all those names on Ebay, selling placed castles and towers, really nom-de-plumes for Origin Employees secretly fattening their wallets off our misfortune? While I was desperately running from the inn in Felucca in Vesper after being telestormed, was a group of shadowy robed figures plonking down towers and other larges on an empty Trammel shard? Wonder if Oliver Stone would like this as theme for his latest epic movie. Bah! anyway, if anyone has a tower on Trammel they would like to sell me, I would be forever grateful.

later...Tryon
Anyone remember those ?

http://www.imanewbie.com/enquirer/brit2-3.shtml

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Short of becoming a director on the EA executive board, there is nothing that can be done.

Also threatening a mass account cancellation won't work. They just had that whole petition with the COD Modern Warfare 2. Guess what happened?

People will claim they have canceled their account but they really won't. Even if by some miracle it managed to happen, EA would likely shut down UO because it was no longer profitable.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well come up with a better idea then.

You cannot stand there a tell me that literally the whole community has no strength, all are lazy and without coherent emotions...

I have eternity, you don't. I'm but a simple companion, pretty angered maybe but thats about the extent of my power.

You are THE AVATAR. Never forget your power...

Namase.

D

Doubledose

Maybe if you knew how to spell...

It's no one...

Not noone...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ladies and gents welcome the infamous Double D Dee from OT the king of one liners and easy opportunities.

:thumbup1:

Aristillus ? :D lol...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hah ok... have it your way !

It's not like I was a persona to begin with.

Just so you guys can have a good laugh at my expense.

When I started posting OH SO MANY HOURS ago, I decided I would go walk Britannia one last time (I found someone for the house btw) see if I missed anything (thanks Andrasta for all those nice runes I tried almost all of them)...

Well I did not purchase SA after all, because of the way customer service laughed at me (this e-mail was one of many, they even started yelling at me at one point caps and all, go figure).

ANYWAYS... I tried to log in... and oh wow... a gigantic patch with slow download speed.

Beleive it or not just a few minutes ago (I was waiting because I tought, oh well I don't want to have to start it again for an expansion I don't even PLAY) it was ABOUT to be finished !

One percent to go !

ERROR DURING PATCH DOWNLOAD...

Thanks EA, over the top for making me waste I dunno how many hours of my time that I happily filled with joyful chatter, relaxing philosophies and humor. Now it wants to start over...

Noooo way. Night.

---

Oh yes Kero... sorry if I yelled, it's not personal, and I appreciate your care and all. I'm just so frustrated that what used to be worrlds beyond imagination is now worlds limited by alienation.

It honestly makes me cry.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well come up with a better idea then.
Just keep on doing whatever your doing. If you want to help UO further then do whatever you think you can.

There are times to organize and times when it won't amount to anything. This is one of the no win times.

P

Pazuzu

As soon as you tell me WHO THE HELL YOU ARE, I will probably want to play with you.

You know some stuff that proves you're old school, and remember me from long ago. (Re: your PM to me).

Don't leave; the game is having a big resurgence. Old names are reappearing. Things are good.

M

Mairut

I'm surprised you guys decided to waste your time responding to him rolleyes:

Penelope...roflmao. Exactly right :lol:

P

Pazuzu

I'm surprised you guys decided to waste your time responding to him rolleyes:
He PMed me with some anecdotes of some VERY old-time happenings (I'm talking pre-murderer-patch here), that only my relatively small group of friends would have been part of... So I really want to know who he is. :D

M

Mairut

He PMed me with some anecdotes of some VERY old-time happenings (I'm talking pre-murderer-patch here), that only my relatively small group of friends would have been part of... So I really want to know who he is. :D
Very odd. I don't blame you for wanting to know :p

Besides that though... :stir:

Paps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow dude.You should really get a 12 pack and lighten up a bit. If yer bud died [maybe did or didn`t] then my condolences. If all your old buds stopped playing UO for whatever reasons,,,get new buds,join a guild,,,join several guilds. Inactivty of members or people not being on at the same times are concerns with several guilds but if your playing alone in an MMO you should take action to change that [ingame,,not on a forum]
If your unhappy with the company that owns UO you could offer to pay the wages of those recently let go to have them kept aboard,,,but anything short of that isnt going to get them back. If yer not happy with the current storyline,,well, either make your own non-charging shard or apply at EA for the "director of UO storyline" position.
I.M.O. about all your doing here is making yourslf look like an arse and :bdh:

S

Salya Sin

wow dude.You should really get a 12 pack and lighten up a bit. If yer bud died [maybe did or didn`t] then my condolences. If all your old buds stopped playing UO for whatever reasons,,,get new buds,join a guild,,,join several guilds. Inactivty of members or people not being on at the same times are concerns with several guilds but if your playing alone in an MMO you should take action to change that [ingame,,not on a forum]
If your unhappy with the company that owns UO you could offer to pay the wages of those recently let go to have them kept aboard,,,but anything short of that isnt going to get them back. If yer not happy with the current storyline,,well, either make your own non-charging shard or apply at EA for the "director of UO storyline" position.
I.M.O. about all your doing here is making yourslf look like an arse and :bdh:

I love you man! :thumbup:

T

Tazar

Lord Bismark is alive and well - just overly busy with real life - but hoping to return soon.

To no one in particular: I realize it can be hard with this type of thread, but please try to keep the trolling/attacks to a minimum.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I posted about Bismark's possible death (after 3 months of abcense)
Dear Lord. Are you kidding me? Bismark has disappeared many times over the years. Stop trying to kill people. Stop yelling murder where none exists. Stop being so dramatic.

If you are going to quit the game, I surely hope you quit posting about it as well. For your own good.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok now it's not better ! I'm angry at Bismark for not taking a minute to tell me he had healed from his tooth abcess. Last news I had from him he was having deadly fever and now he's buzy... well it's a releif.

He was my only friend left that played regularly and I waited 3 months before saying anything, quietly biting my nails, now it's the second time I talk about it, it's been even longer. If you're not happy with the way I use logics, for all I care you can go fart into flowers.

Only serves to examplify the alienation that plagues the community. As it's been oh so brightly deducted by our resident sherlock holmes, I'm not trying to make a point to get any kind of position within the community, I'm very satisfied with being the Jester.

There is no King ; I can dance, plagiardize, satirize, dramatize as I wish, all day long.

Xandria is ascending right now, and there's no stopping it, it's brigning back all that its recorded. Thats all of you... and so much more unseen.

I'll stop posting, since the debate was conceded here too.