• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spoilers] Stygian Abyss Creatures' Special Loot UPDATED: Mini-champ-spawn Locations

S

Stupid Miner

Here's a quick and dirty list of the special Items from various Stygian Abyss Creatures.
Ill try to update it daily http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31070
Pass it along to your friends

Oh, and for all you who don't know yet:

Instructions on how to get to the Underworld Dungeon Entrance.

-Go to Fire island
(Island with Daemon Temple and Hythloth)

-Go to the West side of the island, and run along the coastline (north) until you get to an impassible black mountain range
Then place a boat and sail along the coast to the north until you get to a large beach with several boats along the edge (on most shards at least) and land there.
-The entrance is to the north East of the beach.

Mark a rune! If you're not a Mage, get +40-45 magery on jewelry/a spell book, and cast mark from a scroll.

... and a version for the color blind.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Spoilers] Stygian Abyss Creatures' Special Loot

By the way, does anyone know why I'm not getting any silver serpent snake skins? I'm running a Necro Samurai Swordsman, and I'm killing them Near the Ruddy/Lowland Boura spawn to the East of the Royal City.
(North of the Abandoned Town which is over-run with Void Daemons)
They seem to only drop from the serpents in the Tomb of Kings or from Farmer Nash's weeds. Conversely, those two types seem to drop far less serpent venom than the other.

S

Stupid Miner

They seem to only drop from the serpents in the Tomb of Kings or from Farmer Nash's weeds. Conversely, those two types seem to drop far less serpent venom than the other.
Cool! I didn't even know they could give the same creature different loot packs based on area. Or possibly they're just different creatures. Should compare stats between the two.
By the way, who has a public rune to Ter-Mur on LS?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This is great!

Any chance of adding where you encountered them? I'm not sure where to find trapdoor spiders.

K

KoolAidAddict

This is great!

Any chance of adding where you encountered them? I'm not sure where to find trapdoor spiders.
I think I went south (east on the uo radar) from ter mur across the bridge then turned west (south on radar) across another one then up some and they found me!!

hehehe

nasty buggers!!

S

Stupid Miner

I think I went south (east on the uo radar) from ter mur across the bridge then turned west (south on radar) across another one then up some and they found me!!

hehehe

nasty buggers!!
Note: The South East Trap Door Spider Spawn has a *much* greater concentration of spiders than their other spawn locations. And Spiders there are more likely to summon, and summon more allies, than their counterparts in other locations.
WARNING: If you *do* go to the above-mentioned spawn area, be 100% attentive. If one jumps you, run for the bridge like a little girl if you want to live. Where there's one, it will summon 2 more immediately, and if there are 2 or 3 non-summons, the likelihood of your immediate corpsification is increased 10 fold. Their ambush attack does 30 damage to 70s armor, and I've never noticed them miss with it.
-However- *after* the initial ambush, they're weak as mongbats.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you're in an area known to be infested with trapdoor spiders and are towing a pet, pay attention to your pet. As with ninjas, our pets seem to have the ability to "sense" these hidden nuisances well before they make themselves visible to our characters. If my pet starts making noises when there is no visible spawn in the area, I generally hide and as soon as I do, out pops the pest to attack my tamer's pet.

And if you love trapdoor spiders, you'll simply adore kepetch ambushers.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

thx alot for this! i just posted about tryin to find mysticism scrolls and this answered me :D now to delete my dumb post

D

Deb

Friend got a healing stone that was blessed off a skree. Unfortunately.
she dropped it on the ground and it went poof. Anyone know what that was?

S

Stupid Miner

Friend got a healing stone that was blessed off a skree. Unfortunately.
she dropped it on the ground and it went poof. Anyone know what that was?
Skree cast Mysticism spells.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Found a brown colored 10 charge jar of Kepetch Wax from a Kepetch Ambusher... haven't tried it on anything yet!

Y

Yalp

seared fire ant goo... fire ant.. abyss level

vile tentacles.. Maddening Horror..Underworld Level.. Near Medusa Alter

bottle of Ichor.. wolf spiders... Underworld Level

goblin blood.. gobins.. underworld level

Vial of Vitriol... acid slugs

M

mjolnir131

whats the drop rate on a slith eye anybody know i have been killing these for maybe 6 hours no luck i have a boat load of tongues,but no eyes have dropped hope it's not an SA client bug that i can't see them. more rare than a void orb or not ?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What do these items do?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you do not have it for fire deamon it drops a deamon claw.

slasher dropped an Axe of fury.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can get Enchant off Skree too

Y

Yalp

Savage wolf... reflective wolf eye.. Underworld

Clan scratchers.. Crystalline Blackrock
Lodestone
Essence of Balance .. Underworld

Plaque rats Essence of Balance .. Underworld

Fairy Dragons Fairy Dragon Wing
Void Orb
Fey Wings ... Underworld

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Cool! I didn't even know they could give the same creature different loot packs based on area. Or possibly they're just different creatures. Should compare stats between the two.
By the way, who has a public rune to Ter-Mur on LS?
I have one on ls at buc den portal trammel side its on floor of my house there

S

Stupid Miner

The page is now even less-well formatted than it was before (it's a work in progress, ok?). But, I put up all the mini-spawn locations. :thumbsup:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Spoilers] Stygian Abyss Creatures' Special Loot UPDATED: Mini-champ-spawn Locati

Do you want some help identifying which monsters spawn at each level of each mini-champ spawn location?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Spoilers] Stygian Abyss Creatures' Special Loot UPDATED: Mini-champ-spawn Locati

The Publish 60 Notes refer to the 10 mini-champ areas listed below. I am not sure that the Cavern of the Discarded area is actually considered a mini-champ area. I can't recall ever seeing a "Renowned" monster there.

Lava Caldera
Skeletal Dragon
Enslaved Goblins
Fire Temple Ruins
The Secret Garden
The Lands of the Lich
Passage of Tears
Abyssal Lair Entrance
Stygian Dragon Lair Entrance
Crimson Veins

Goblins Mini-Champ Area (Referred to in Publish 60 Notes as "Enslaved Goblins.")
Level 1 - Enslaved Gray Goblins and Enslaved Green Goblins
Level 2 - Enslaved Goblin Scout and Enslaved Goblin Keeper
Level 3 - Enslaved Goblin Alchemist and Enslaved Goblin Mage
Level 4 - Gray Goblin Mage [Renowned] and Green Goblin Alchemist [Renowned]

Pixies Mini-Champ Area (This may be "The Secret Garden" mini-champ area referenced in the Publish 60 notes because of its proximity to the Silver Sapling.)
Level 1 - Pixies (Note: No karma loss from killing these.)
Level 2 - Wisps
Level 3 - Dark Wisps (and the necro summons they conjure from corpses)
Level 4 - Faery [Renowned] (I believe you lose "a lot" of karma from killing this.)

Fire Mini-Champ Area (This is the area you run through first as you enter the Abyss from the Underworld. Possibilities for matching to the Publish 60 notes: "Lava Caldera," "Fire Temple Ruins" but I think this may be the area closest to the exit to the Tomb of Kings, or maybe "Crimson Veins.")
Level 1 - Lava Lizards, Lava Snakes, Fire Ants
Level 2 - Hell Hounds and Lava Serpents
Level 3 - Lava Elementals and Fire Daemons
Level 4 - Fire Daemon [Renowned] (There may also be Lava Elemental [Renowned]. Need to confirm.)

T

The Fallout

The Publish 60 Notes refer to the 10 mini-champ areas listed below. I am not sure that the Cavern of the Discarded area is actually considered a mini-champ area. I can't recall ever seeing a "Renowned" monster there.

Lava Caldera
Skeletal Dragon
Enslaved Goblins
Fire Temple Ruins
The Secret Garden
The Lands of the Lich
Passage of Tears
Abyssal Lair Entrance
Crimson Veins

Goblins Mini-Champ Area (Referred to in Publish 60 Notes as "Enslaved Goblins.")

Pixies Mini-Champ Area (This may be "The Secret Garden" mini-champ area referenced in the Publish 60 notes because of its proximity to the Silver Sapling.)
Level 2 - Wisps
Level 4 - Faery [Renowned] (I believe you lose "a lot" of karma from killing this.)

Fire Mini-Champ Area (This is the area you run through first as you enter the Abyss from the Underworld. Possibilities for matching to the Publish 60 notes: "Lava Caldera," "Fire Temple Ruins" but I think this may be the area closest to the exit to the Tomb of Kings, or maybe "Crimson Veins.")
Level 4 - Fire Daemon [Renowned] (There may also be Lava Elemental [Renowned]. Need to confirm.)
Do the "mini-champ bosses" drop arties or anything rare?

H

HippieMagic

Lava Caldera
Skeletal Dragon
Enslaved Goblins
Fire Temple Ruins
The Secret Garden
The Lands of the Lich
Passage of Tears
Abyssal Lair Entrance
Crimson Veins

Level 2 - Wisps

I saw a pixie [renowned] it was bigger than normal but I couldn't kill it on my mage... it had way too much HP for me to even screw with.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The last mini-champ spawn before you leave the Abyss through the Tomb of Kings has the following levels and the spawn drops Essence of Precision. (Some monsters also drop other loot such as lava serpent crust and seared fire ant goo.)

Level 1: Fire Ants, Lava Snakes, Lava Lizards
Level 2: Efreet, Blistering/Fiery/Scorching/Searing/Smoldering Gargoyles
Level 3: Lava Elemental, Fire Daemon
Level 4: Fire Elemental [Renowned]

I believe this mini-champ spawn is called "Lava Caldera."

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The mini champ-spawn that surrounds the entrance to the Abyssal Infernal champ spawn (Fel ruleset) has the following levels of spawn:

Level 1: Greater Mongbats and Imps (Note: These are the only creatures in this spawn that drop ANY kind of special loot. They sometimes drop Essence of Achievement. I'm guessing this spawn is still subject to some tweaking....)

Level 2: Regular old red demons. These do not seem to drop daemon claw, one of the imbuing ingredients.

Level 3: Pit fiends. Kind of like a somewhat weakened demon that has a wide fire aura effect.

Level 4: Devourer of Souls [Renowned].

According to the Publish 60 notes, this mini-champ spawn is probably referred to officially as the "Abyssal Lair Entrance" mini-champ spawn.

S

Stupid Miner

Sheesh, Tina, you sure are obsessive about this stuff :) (Then again I suppose I am too!)

I already knew most of them, just hadn't gotten around to writing them down.

This is the spawn for the Underworld exit:
Level 4 - Fire Daemon [Renowned]

This is the one North of the Underworld exit:
Level 2 - Hell Cats and Lava Serpents (need to confirm Lava Serpents)
Level 4 - Fire Daemon [Renowned]

This is the one from the Tomb of Kings Exit:
Level 2 - Efreeti and Fire Gargoyles
Level 4 - Fire Elemental [Renowed] (fire colored, have pic)

Tomb of Kings is the hardest of the Fire Spawns.

--------

The Ratman spawn (yes it has confirmed renowned)

Clan Scratch:
Level 1 - Clan Scratch Savage Wolf (Pinkish Red)(doesn't give Essences)
Level 2 - Clan Scratch Scrounger (plain color)(comparable with other spawn)
Level 3 - Clan Scratch Henchman (plain color) (comparable with other spawn)
Level 4 - Ratman [Renowned]

Clan Ribbon:
Level 1 - Clan Ribbon Plague Rats (drop nothing) (doesn't give Essences)
Level 2 - Clan Ribbon Supplicant (Jade Statue color) (have pic)
Level 3 - Clan Ribbon Courtier (Dark Green) (need pic)
Level 4 - Ratman [Renowned]

Clan Chitter: (harder of the three spawns) *Thanks to Salya Sin

Level 1- Clockwork Scorpions (drop gold and poison bottles) (Will poison you... not fun as they attack en mass)
Level 2- Clan Chitter assistant (archers) (like the other second levels... don't seem to aggro you, they just wander around) (regular HP)
Level 3- Clan Chitter Tinker. (archers)
Boss- Rakktavi "renowned" (archer)
**The only real difference between the spawns is the first level.**
Drops on the comparable rats are all the same

Note: the ratmen have *lots* of HP
the Renowned Ratmen have peerless amounts of HP

-------------------------

Acidic Spawn:
Level 1 - Corroded Slime, Acid Slug
Level 2 - Acid Elemental
Level 3 - Interred Grizzle
Level 4 - Acid Elemental [Renowned]

Undead Spawn:

Lands of the Lich
Level 1 - Skeletons, Wraiths
Level 2 - Skeletal Mages, Wailing banshees
Level 3 - Skeletal Liches (dark grey)(need pic)
Level 4 - (unknown)

Skeletal Dragon
Level 1 - Skeletons, patchwork skeletons
Level 2 - Skeletal warriors, Skeletal mages
Level 3 - Skeletal Liches (dark grey)(need pic)
Level 4 - Skeletal Dragon [Renowned]

(look at Skeletal 20 times... isn't it a strange word?)

By the way, I have pictures of the [Renowned]: (ill upload them eventaully)
-Acid Elemental (bright green)
-Fire Daemon (Tunic of Fire Orange)
-Skeletal Dragon (greyish)
-Devourer of Souls (looks plain)
-Fire Elemental [Renowed]

Need:
-Wyvern (Brownish orange)
-Ratmen (they look plain)
-Goblins (look plain)
-Fairy (looks like Silvani)
-Others unlisted

NOTES:
Vanilla Monsters give Vanilla Loot: Only change is they also give Essences.

S

Salya Sin

Myself and another tamer hit the Cavern of the Discarded tonight and killed two "renowned". There was very little on them, and they were there when we got there. One in the first area with the Clan Scratch, and one in the third area where the Clockwork Scorpions were. We may have caused them to spawn as we just went in and killed all, then moved to the next island and did it again.. etc.

C

Connor_Graham

The page is now even less-well formatted than it was before (it's a work in progress, ok?). But, I put up all the mini-spawn locations. :thumbsup:
And I can't tell what any of them are because there are too many colors that look alike to me. :sad2:

S

Stupid Miner

We need to get the names for the spawns down:

Skeletal Dragon- Undead East of Underworld Exit
Enslaved Goblins- Guess
The Secret Garden- Pixie Spawn near Silver Sapling
The Lands of the Lich- Undead Near the
Abyssal Lair Entrance- Daemons Near Abyssal Infernal (Honestly, "Abyssal Infernal" is such a dumb name IMO. It's two adjectives! Where's the noun?)
Stygian Dragon Lair Entrance (<--- I'll bet that name took a long time to come up with)- Fairy Dragons, Forgotten Servants, and Wyvern Spawn

Ok, and unsure about these ones:
We have 3 Fire spawns, 1 Acid Spawn, 2 Rat Spawns:

Crimson Veins- North of Underworld Exit - Fire
-(Definition of Vein: a narrow water channel in rock or earth or in ice. In this Case it's probably a Lava "vein")
-Look at the picture, it fits the definition best.

Passage of Tears- Tomb Of Kings Exit - Fire
-It's the most passage-like

Lava Caldera- Acid Spawn
-(Wikipedia: Caldera)
Seems to best fit the "Caldera" image

Fire Temple Ruins- Underworld Exit Spawn - Fire
-It's the only name left
--Personally, I've seen nothing in the Abyss I'd call a "Fire Temple Ruin"
----Every single Fire-spawn has some ruined structure within it.
----This one has a small monolithic ruined pyramid in the east part.

We still have 2 unnamed Rat Spawns, so I'll make up names:

Clan Ribbon Spawn

Clan Scratch Spawn

... at least they're more descriptive than the previous 4 names.

-----------------------------

Anyone else have suggestions on the names? Especially you, Tina, what do you think they should be called?

S

Stupid Miner

And I can't tell what any of them are because there are too many colors that look alike to me. :sad2:
To be honest, I actually thought of you as I was making the map. Like most people, I'm pretty oblivious to what exactly color-blindness means.

How should I make a map for you, and other color -blind people, Connor?
What colors should I use?
Would it be best if I made the various Zones Circled in black and white? And should the Colored Text be in black and white too?

C

Connor_Graham

To be honest, I actually thought of you as I was making the map. Like most people, I'm pretty oblivious to what exactly color-blindness means.
I appreciate that, as I'm sure every other color blind player does.

How should I make a map for you, and other color -blind people, Connor?
There are several different types of color blindness, but the most common involves reds, greens, and any colors that are made up from one of these. Light pink for example, being a shade of red, appears to be white for me at least. Another example would be to compare agapite and dull copper. To me they look exactly the same because the coloring is too light of a shade. I'm constantly asking friends to come and look at anvils I got because I can't tell what more than half of them are by sight.

What colors should I use?
Blues are usually the best for me personally, but as long as you stay away from having combinations of reds and greens you should be ok. Using a single red and a single green is fine also, it's when there are multiples of them that it gets to where the varied shadings make them look totally different.

Would it be best if I made the various Zones Circled in black and white? And should the Colored Text be in black and white too?
If you could do it by using each color only once for the inside rings, then I'd say yeah, but it looks like there might not be enough base colors for all those rings lol.

S

Stupid Miner

FINISHED!

I tried to make it so it would work for various levels of color blindness.
Kept all the original colors, but also put a white ring between the colored rings, and assigned the Spawns and Essences numbers and letters.

Tell me how well this map works, and what I can do to improve it.

OH! Anyone who wants to can take either of these maps for personal use, or they can post it on another UO-site or whatever. If you do, just send me an email telling me that you did.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Stupid Miner, I think I've finally got the mini-champ spawn areas from the Publish 60 notes matched up to their respective areas on a map. If you follow the order in the notes and start with the first area you encounter after entering from the Underworld, they seemed to match up well.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Skeletal Dragon mini champ seems to have these levels:

Level 1: Skeletons and patchwork skeletons
Level 2: Skeletal knights and bone knights
Level 3: Skeletal mages and bone mages
Level 4: Skeletal liches
Level 5: Skeletal dragon [renowned]

I managed to lore two of the skeletal dragon [renowned] and got these stats:

skeletal dragon [renowned]
1160 hits
962 str
121 ex
562 int
155.5 barding
77/42/47/80/46 resists
75% phys/25% fire damage with 29-35 base
98.1 wr
98.9 tac
123.8 resist
25.9 anat
84.4 magery
81.8 eval
45 med

1144 hits
951 str / 168 dex / 579 int
157 bard
76/58/42/71/55
99.7 wr
98.8 tac
127.1 resist
27.1 anat
86.4 magery
84.8 eval
48.3 med

They dropped about 1500 gold, 5 old-style gems, and various magical items.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fire Temple Ruins Mini Champ Spawn

The Fire Temple Ruins mini-champ spawn seems to have these levels:

Level 1: Lava snakes and fire ants
Level 2: Lava lizards and lava serpents
Level 3: Hell hounds and hellcats
Level 4: Lava elementals and fire daemons
Level 5: Fire daemon [renowned]

Fire daemon [renowned] had these stats and dropped about 1300 gold along with magical items:

1414 hit points
1095 str
197 dex
164 int
154.4 barding difficulty
68/72/57/100/44 resists
50% physical, 25% fire, and 25% energy damage with 22-29 base damage
96.2 wr
96.9 tac
134.4 resist
31.9 anatomy
97.4 magery
96.0 eval int
37.6 med

The essence dropped on mobs at this spawn is Essence of Order. Lava serpents drop Lava Serpent Crust. Fire Ants (and maybe also lava lizard or lava snakes or I'm just losing my mind or playing too much) also drop Seared Fire Ant goo.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Re: Fire Temple Ruins Mini Champ Spawn

I've killed boxes of these renowned things and I fail to see whats special about them. None have had anything exceptionally exciting as loot.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lands of The Lich Mini Champ Spawn

I'm not quite sure this is the exact order in which these monsters appear, but at least this will give you an idea of which monsters are in this spawn area:

Level 1: Bone Knights and Skeletal Knights
Level 2: Wailing Banshees
Level 3: Bone Mages and Skeletal Mages
Level 4: Rotting Corpses and Skeletal Liches
Level 5: An Ancient Lich [Renowned]

Stats for the Ancient Lich [Renowned]:

2234 Hit points
286 Strength
115 Dex
1002 Intelligence (yes, 1002)
Barding Difficulty: 160.0
Resists: 63/26/60/51/25
Damage: 20% Physical, 40% Cold, 40% Energy with 15-27 Base Damage
93.4 wr
96.7 tac
192.3 resist (yes, 192.3)
0.0 anatomy
121.3 magery
123.8 eval int
100.4 meditation

Loot: about 1600 gold, lots of necro regs, 2 magery spell scrolls, magic items.

The monsters in this spawn area drop Essence of Direction.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:drool:

Gotta love spoilers, no need to play like the devs would have us do !

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The reasons I have been posting information are to try to convince people to (1) come back to UO and give it a try again; (2) purchase the expansion if they've been unsure it's worth it; and (3) get out and see for themselves what's included in the expansion instead of just going with the flow and camping the "hot spots" for some item or just going to the place that's the easiest to get to or has the easiest stuff to kill.

People who want to find stuff for themselves do NOT need to read these threads.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh you're right... I'm not critisizing here.

It's just philosophical for me, not political... the way not even 1% players actually like to find stuff for themselves.

I have personally refused to buy SA because I'm a 1998 beta vet who's been paying for a long time, been a companion for EA and I have been gleefully ignored and even refused for the SA beta, for some reason which has not even been divulged to me.

So I think you are doing a great job, if you ask me, and your intent shines through all the negativity I carry.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I got this as loot from a renowned fire demon. Its a stack of crossbow bolts.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Well now that's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind that kinda thing.
Were you wearing any luck? Maybe I am just unlucky in UO.

N

neonmagician

Did not get anything interesting from it, but here is the Pixie Renowned (although it is Silvani's art)

Attachments

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Are all of these in the Fel rule set? If not' witch are and are not.

S

Salya Sin

The Ratman spawn (yes it has confirmed renowned)

Clan Scratch:
Level 1 - Clan Scratch Savage Wolf (Pinkish Red)(doesn't give Essences)
Level 2 - Clan Scratch Scrounger (plain color)(comparable with other spawn)
Level 3 - Clan Scratch Henchman (plain color) (comparable with other spawn)
Level 4 - Ratman or Ratman Archer [Renowned]

Clan Ribbon:
Level 1 - Clan Ribbon Plague Rats (drop nothing) (doesn't give Essences)
Level 2 - Clan Ribbon Supplicant (Jade Statue color) (have pic)
Level 3 - Clan Ribbon ------ (Dark Green) (need pic)
Level 4 - Ratman or Ratman Archer [Renowned]

**The only real difference between the spawns is the first level.**
Drops on the comparable rats are all the same

Note: the ratmen have *lots* of HP
the Renowned Ratmen have peerless amounts of HP
Hi all! We just finished doing the ratman spawn circle... thought I'd add to this list.

I didn't see a ratman archer on the renowned at all and I only saw an archer on at the third spawn. Did anyone else notice that the 2nd level of all three of these spawns do not attack you? They just wander around. Also noteworthy... unlike past spawns.. after the champ pops, the level one's continue to spawn and attack, ie- wolf, rat, scorpion. Also, the first and second wave on each spawn is easy, one to three hit kills depending on damage. It's the third level that has high HP's and yeah.. the Renowned seems to have cornered the market on hp. I tried to lore them but it gives me question marks until it has low life. At about a 10th of it's life left, it still had almost 8k hp. I'll try to renew this tomorrow.

Clan Scratch information is the same as yours. The renowned name was Tikitavi.. his corpse said clan chief. So far that name has been the same all the times I went.

Clan Ribbon information... the third level is Clan Ribbon Courtier. All the clan ribbons are spellcasters and drop magery regs and necro scrolls. The renowned has a short lived, area attack plague spell that does a backlash when you cast offensive spells. The name of the Renowned was Vitavi, also clan chief on the corpse. Also.. the plague rats give gold... around 28-32 ea, one of them had a lute on it.

There is a third spawn that you don't have listed.. Clan Chitter.

Clan Chitter (harder of the three spawns)
Level 1- Clockwork Scorpions (drop gold and poison bottles) (Will poison you... not fun as they attack en mass)

Level 2- Clan Chitter assistant. (like the other second levels... don't seem to aggro you, they just wander around)

Level 3- Clan Chitter Tinker. (archers...)

Level 4- Rakktavi "renowned" (corpse said clan chief)

This one is harder than the others due to the poisoning from scorpions and the archers. Best bet is to kill what you can by the bridge (one towards clan Ribbon) and then lure the Renowned onto the bridge. THe scorpions attacking drop to a minimum as they seem to spawn heavier towards the clan scratch bridge. Also.. I didn't note the color of them.. but they seemed normal... We're going back tomorrow so I'll get pics.

Over all NOTES- The rats dropped the essence of balance, lodestones, arcanic runes, various powdered ingred., Delicate scales, Abyssal cloth and I got magical blackrock (or something like that). The Renowneds had NOTHING on them. 280-300 gp and a few odds and ends. Nothing special.

S

Salya Sin

I don't think any of the mini-champs are Fel Ruleset. I believe only the new champ areas are. The map posted shows two areas, one at the top, and one at the bottom. Those are the only Fel areas that I know of. I could be mistaken.

S

Stupid Miner

As far as I can tell every non-boss monster in the Abyss is part of some mini champ spawn. None of the mini-spawns are in felucca.

S

Stupid Miner

Clan Chitter (harder of the three spawns)

Level 2- Clan Chitter assistant. (like the other second levels... don't seem to aggro you, they just wander around)

Level 3- Clan Chitter Tinker. (archers...)

Level 4- Rakktavi "renowned" (corpse said clan chief)
Oh interesting! I hadnt bothered to kill the clockwork scorpions much. I think Rakktavi has a special where he summons 6 or so clockwork scorpions too.

** confirmed, Rakktavi is an archer

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Within the abyss are two places where you see what looks like the entrance to a cave. You know....big arched black entrance in a wall of rocks. These are the entrances to the two champ spawns that fall under the Fel rule-set and where you can receive power scrolls, scrolls of transendence, and replica drops. You are under the Fel rule-set as soon as you step through the cave entrance and start down a long hallway to the actual champ spawn area. You hear the Fel "sound" and the color of the cursor changes from gold to silvery. The developers have indicated this week that there should be a warning gump that comes up when you enter one of the tunnels advising you that you're under the Fel ruleset. Expect that to happen with the next publish, if not sooner.

If you take a look at the map of the Abyss I posted several posts up, the cave-like entrances to the Fel ruleset champ spawn areas are marked in RED and say "Fel ruleset." Nothing else in the Abyss falls under the Fel ruleset. You have ten mini-champ spawn areas, the Cavern of the Discarded, the Slasher of Veils, the room with the Silver Sapling, and two sets of peerless instances (Medusa and the Stygian Dragon) in the Abyss that all fall under the Trammel ruleset.

Attachments