• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

gm service reaches another low

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, posting here only encourages kids like this, just ignore it, delete the offending posts and im sure they'l give up soon! Doesnt school go back soon anyway :p
This is excellent advice for those of us who are able to deal with things of this ilk. I personally could do this easily and just feel sorry for the poor misguided degenerate who obviously has serious mental problems.

Two things deviate from the obove concerning this issue.

One. Not all of us are equipped to ignore behaviour like this and simply dismiss it and wait for it to go away.

Two. There is supoosed to be an ingame system to deal with issues of this type. What concerns all who post here is IT IS NOT WORKING.

W

Wellz

As I type this he is stood in Haven asking players for gold. Whilst I ignore him entirely, he persists. I've paged, but no reply. I've paged again, no reply. And again, ditto.

It's every day. It's beyond a joke.

S

Salya Sin

OMG! I have a 14 year old daughter that plays this game and I can tell you that by now I would have emailed every single address EA has and made several phone calls concerning their age label on this game.

That is actually a very important issue... the games age rating VS the games monitored content.

TEEN
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

Ok... that said... I do believe the above comments about children being made in that capacity takes that rating a bit higher. If they are going to allow this type of behavior... then their time as T rated game will end. The ESRB is rather funny about things like that. In fact... it would take a few letters, complaints, screen shots, and the like to get this game changed to a Mature rating. Thus ending a large portion of their clientele. This is not just harassment... this is obscene... and for one would not want my daughter seeing or reading or being involved in that level of harassment.

I am so sorry for those of you who have had to endure that kind of behavior. It's sick and unnecessary. Pray that a GM does something soon before someone else gets the idea that this can go on... eventually... a larger mode of action will occur then. You will get super mom who will call the right people and EA will be forced to alter something that is fun for my daughter.

W

Wellz

My little brother has just started playing and he is 9. When this individual has been stalking me and shouting obsceneties, my little brother has to listen to it too. I've taken measures to stop my little brother being around this player when he is about, as I dont want him hearing some of the horrid things he says.

W

wee papa smurf

My little brother has just started playing and he is 9. When this individual has been stalking me and shouting obsceneties, my little brother has to listen to it too. I've taken measures to stop my little brother being around this player when he is about, as I dont want him hearing some of the horrid things he says.
I wouldnt let my 9 year old anywhere near this game or even the internet! We live in an age where peadophiles use the internet for all there shananigans, and 9 is far too young to understand the dangers of the net, and besides dont you have to be like 13 to play? :p

S

Salya Sin

I wouldnt let my 9 year old anywhere near this game or even the internet! We live in an age where peadophiles use the internet for all there shananigans, and 9 is far too young to understand the dangers of the net, and besides dont you have to be like 13 to play? :p

SO that's the excuse being used? Don't let your child play because there are "bad people" on the net? They teach computers in pre-school... it's all about paying attention to where the child is AT on the internet. AND... AND... He said he was not letting him near it... which means he is supervising. My daughter started playing on my sisters account when she was like... 8? She'd run around and pick stuff up until her pack was full. Little kids see adults and older children in the household playing and they just want to be involved. I let my 5 year old run around the bank sometimes... my sister lets her 3 year old do the same but she mainly just opens and closes the backpack. My 5 year old knows when she is old enough... she will get her own account. That's a plus for EA...

The point is... this is behavior that is not appropriate for ANY age. I'm almost 32 years old and I'm offended but that is nothing compared to what the group that is being harassed is feeling.

EDIT- Here is a thought... everyone who is not on Europa go create a charrie there... stand where he is being inappropriate and page. If about 20 people page all at once for being offended... maybe they will do something. I'll do it...

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more concerning is seems he can run two uo sessions as hes stood in haven talking with himself asking if thefemale char is 12 etc and innuendo etc, this is where new(if we have any) players begin! anyway i paged again and here is the best bit, after 30 mins i started to go down the queue from 7 to 9 to 11

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more concerning is seems he can run two uo sessions as hes stood in haven talking with himself asking if thefemale char is 12 etc and innuendo etc, this is where new(if we have any) players begin! anyway i paged again and here is the best bit, after 30 mins i started to go down the queue from 7 to 9 to 11

From an earlier post on this thread

It's not actually broken, per se.
It used to be a standard queue - first come, first served.
Now, it's asynchronous. The GMs handle pages based on priority, however that's determined.

Perhaps what you are experiencing is an indication of how highly EA rate this kind of behaviours priority?.

W

wee papa smurf

SO that's the excuse being used? Don't let your child play because there are "bad people" on the net? They teach computers in pre-school... it's all about paying attention to where the child is AT on the internet. AND... AND... He said he was not letting him near it... which means he is supervising. My daughter started playing on my sisters account when she was like... 8? She'd run around and pick stuff up until her pack was full. Little kids see adults and older children in the household playing and they just want to be involved. I let my 5 year old run around the bank sometimes... my sister lets her 3 year old do the same but she mainly just opens and closes the backpack. My 5 year old knows when she is old enough... she will get her own account. That's a plus for EA...

The point is... this is behavior that is not appropriate for ANY age. I'm almost 32 years old and I'm offended but that is nothing compared to what the group that is being harassed is feeling.

EDIT- Here is a thought... everyone who is not on Europa go create a charrie there... stand where he is being inappropriate and page. If about 20 people page all at once for being offended... maybe they will do something. I'll do it...
Actually theres no excuse, im just stating i have great fears in letting my 13 year old boy my 8 year old girl and my 5 year old girl go anywhere the net unless im sitting with them playing c-beebies! And my son is too interested in playing football than sitting at the comp to be at risk :D :D

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you page harassment on another player the GMs will not speak with you regarding the situation. They will send you a thanks for paging in we will look into it message. This is due to our privacy policy and the fact we are not allowed to talk about another players account with anyone else.

With that being said I encourage you to continue paging in. It's possible that it's not an individual doing this. If you get any other message from a GM other than "we will look into it" please pm me the details of the message you received.
CHRISSAY, get off your backside and DO SOMETHING, to stop this idiot, you have more influence that us, OMFG woman

if only YOU knew the distress he is causing Wellz, i will start to add icq evidence of this if you like

DO SOMETHING

K

Kiminality

From an earlier post on this thread

It's not actually broken, per se.
It used to be a standard queue - first come, first served.
Now, it's asynchronous. The GMs handle pages based on priority, however that's determined.

Perhaps what you are experiencing is an indication of how highly EA rate this kind of behaviours priority?.
I don't think it's an indicator of how high a priority they consider it, so much as they likely have other types of pages they are required to prioritise.
The GMs actually work their arses off, having to cover all the pages on all the US/EU/AUS shards.

Also, and I'm not going to mince words here, giving Chrissay a hard time is downright obnoxious.
Do you know what her job entails?
Lots.
I'm not going to argue that the subject of this thread isn't a problem, because it simply is, but if you're going to give Chrissay **** for not swooping down and smiting the griefer at your demand, then you need to take a really big step back.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I speak for myself here, but no, I'm not giving anyone grief for not swooping down and smiting on demand. I will, however, dish it out because it was suggested that the solution is to 'keep on paging', when it's patently obvious that this is just not working. And boy, is it not; you'd think 50+ pages would do the trick really, but since I saw this person in Haven this morning, following Wellz about the place and telling me 'stfu', I guess that the combined pages of everyone are about as effective as your average chocolate teapot.

EA are, on this, falling down on the job, allowing someone to break their rules without punishment for it and that's just plain wrong.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Perhaps what you are experiencing is an indication of how highly EA rate this kind of behaviours priority?.

[/quote]I don't think it's an indicator of how high a priority they consider it, so much as they likely have other types of pages they are required to prioritise.

I could be wrong but if other types of pages have a higher priority isn't that exactly what I said?.

Also if it is not amongst the highest of their priorities perhaps it should be.

I have every sympathy with Chrissay, she is forced to work within restrictive guidelines which mean she is unable to respond even if she wished to. I happen to think she does an excellent job and it is not her fault if the system is useless, she did not design it but has to work within it. Her misfortune is that she is the only one with her head above the parapet and consequently most unfairly gets all the flak.

My quibble IS with the system which allows this useless article to continue to harrass people since it was first posted on the 24th of last month. Over a week and nothing?.

There is something very wrong here.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok if its prioritisation, what are they prioritising? as speaking amoung friends they have had nothing but a canned response on anything in ages. so what are the priority ones?
:danceb::danceb:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I can do this without appearing too snotty...

]I don't think it's an indicator of how high a priority they consider it, so much as they likely have other types of pages they are required to prioritise.
The GMs actually work their arses off, having to cover all the pages on all the US/EU/AUS shards.

Also, and I'm not going to mince words here, giving Chrissay a hard time is downright obnoxious.
Do you know what her job entails?
Lots.
I'm not going to argue that the subject of this thread isn't a problem, because it simply is, but if you're going to give Chrissay **** for not swooping down and smiting the griefer at your demand, then you need to take a really big step back.
The GMs are bery busy, fair enough.

Chrissay is very busy, fair enough.

Chrissay is also presumably in a position where she could ask one of her terribly overworked GMs to have a quick look at this case. The fact that the griefer is still in business would suggest that this has not been done.

As for this...

the best thing anyone can do in regards to a harasser is to page on them and ignore them. Don't even tell them you paged on them... My best advice is to drop the subject and continue to page on them.
If, as seems to have been demonstrated here, paging has absolutely no effect, why ask players to keep paging?

Chrissay, I would like a little clarification on what this means.

If you are still having issues please handle it privately.
Are you suggesting that the pagers PM you? You are obviously aware of the situation already, so what would further PMs to you achieve?

Are you suggesting that the players being griefed try to deal with the problem by privately talking to the griefer?
If so, this is a tacit admission that the paging system is currently non-functional.

If it is now company policy that griefing is not an actionable offence, then please say so. At least players will know not to expect the rules, as currently posted on the UO website, to be enforced.

W

wee papa smurf

Put it this way, if there is nothing done about the current in-game help options then there is nothing keeping new players to this game, i remember when i first started if you needed help from a gm then you got it! The game is daunting enough for new players! And with SA coming soon shouldnt we be looking to bring new players in?

W

Wellz

This morning's antics:

Three SEPERATE accounts. Two Hoagie's, one Wellz. He stands in Luna bank harassing people and asking for gold. He follows various people through their moongates to their houses. He tries to charge people obscene amounts for basic things they need. He runs off on one character because he has "messages to post". We all know what that means.

Here are a couple of screenshots I got:

http://i31.***********/2zxytz5.jpg

M

Monkey

the best thing anyone can do in regards to a harasser is to page on them and ignore them. Don't even tell them you paged on them. They are trying to get your attention.

By posting on stratics you are giving them EXACTLY what they want. My best advice is to drop the subject and continue to page on them. If you are still having issues please handle it privately.

"Please handle it privately."

Is this an attempt to tell us to not bring to light how EA's customer support regarding harassment is an utter joke? That's not going to work because people now have a right to know when 70+ GM pagings have amounted to absolutely zero result so far.

What's difficult about it, really? Why not, for once, have EA set a fine example on how they intend to handle abuse to squash rumours of inefficiency? But no, apparently not a damn is given about the reputation and harassers/stalkers are left to do as they please.

I know your task is a very different one here, but with emotions running high about this particular situation, I think you're actually someone with enough influence to get this looked at properly.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm actually embarassed to admit I was one of the people who PM'd Chrissay to get her to look at this thread, shortly before her first appearance. I even said we'd probably settle for a reassurance that this was being looked in to properly. I honestly never expected such a worthless response, first part clearly ignoring that people had been following EA's own laid-down procedures for over a week without result, followed by a truly lame 'please don't mention this issue in public' request. First time ever an EA employee has actually made it onto my Stratics ignore list.

Given that there would be zero 'publicity' if EA had lived up to their own ToS and acted with speed and efficiency, asking everyone to keep quiet is one of the poorest calls I've ever seen EA make, and heaven knows there has been a lot of competition for that title in the last 10 years.

Since the company shed many GM and support posts fairly recently, it's clear exactly what their idea of 'customer support' comes down to. A soulless little executive has concluded 'if an issue won't lose us 200 subscribers, it's not worth the monthly cost of hiring and training another GM'. Genuine distress and offence caused to customers does not matter as long as they don't actually quit - and even if one or two do, that's clearly a price EA think worth paying.

A company remotely serious about the policies EA claim to have would not have customers reporting harrasment in 7-hour long queues, or have let this saga drag on for almost two weeks without any visible action, and then try hide the underlying failures with a smokescreen of worthless words and 'terms and conditions' that never result in actions.

The request to sweep this sorry mess under the carpet makes sense in only one way - EA don't want a news story along the lines of "EA - 12 years of shoddy customer support and failure to address in-game obscenity, vulgarity and player harassment" to appear in the mmo press alongside the "SA is released" news. However, in this case - as usual - 'we don't want it to happen' does not extend to actually 'we will spend time/money/effort to solve the problem', the preferred option is clearly 'we'll just try sweep it all out of sight instead, please don't mention our repeated abject failures in public'.

I suppose I should sit back and enjoy the irony of a company with a game based on the concept of 'Virtues' who would not recognise a genuine virtue such as honesty if it bit them in the a**e....

G

Guardsmen Militia

I just want to point a few things out here -

This person is using multiple TRIAL accounts, meaning he's playing for free in order to grief other PAYING people.
He has had accounts banned and cancelled but it makes no difference as he continues to make more; for free and harrass more paying players.

Griefing, guild PKing, killing 'blues' with trapped crates and following people around to abuse them is a problem, yes BUT it's much more serious than that. He is going around leaving messages all over the shard (on notice boards) talking about sexual offences of various natures - and no one seems to care. This is a blatant breach of the ToS and he is still able to do it.

The ingame complaints system can not work. Firstly, it only has what 200 charactors or so that you can type your complaint into - how can anyone explain the problem in that? Secondly, even when they DO look into it, or whatever he is doing at that time - so what? They ban that account and he makes another.

That's why this has been brought to these forums; because there is nothing else we can do. There is no system in place to help us deal with it.

It needs someone to take it seriously and really, truly look into this person and his multiple trial accounts (and one non-trial that obviously he doesn't use for his griefing.)
It's disgusting he is allowed to get away with some of the filth he's been posting all over the place regarding underage sex, **** and other sexual criminal offences, yet the other day a GM showed up to respond to a complaint about roleplayers making a wall (that was easy enough to walk around and had a gap in the middle) in the middle of a well known roleplay town, for roleplay reasons. Yes, both are deemed as 'offences' but I know which I'd take more seriously.

(Posted not on behalf of Grd but as the opinion of the player Floria)

M

Monkey

He's now targetting my shop in Luna after I sent him away with his tail between his legs earlier today when he was harassing Wellz on three trial accounts. I'm currently waiting for a canned response from a GM, where afterwards should it persist I'll be phoning them instead. Each and every day until the matter is resolved. I hope more people will join me in this.

''Bringing your shop down.'' I lol'd at that actually.

M

Monkey

After two reports, this is what I face as of five minutes. Multiple runes being blocked and it likely won't stop here.

A GM on the third report had the nerve of informing me that placing water barrels isn't an act of harassment, and that I'm to empty them myself.

Yeah. Good call there!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being charitable, and assuming the GM in question wasn't just being idle, it sounds like you have dealt with one of their inadequately trained GMs. They will probably have got as far as the definitions of harrasment list, which does indeed have in it

"The following are NOT considered physical harassment:

* Res killing
* Stealing or kill stealing
* Legal player killing, such as takes place in guild and faction wars
* Refusal to take turns at spawn points
* Refusal to resurrect another player
* Blocking a recall location
* Area Peacing"

And been foolish enough to think that is what applies here.

Hopefully in your feedback, you can point out to them their definition of 'Grief tactics' :

"Ultima Online is a social setting, and as such, we expect our players to treat one another with the same respect and dignity they would use in any other social situation. If your sole purpose and intent in any action is to continually upset, aggravate, or otherwise annoy another player, you may be a “grief player.” Using game mechanics to cause grief to others can also be seen as exploitation, and will be treated accordingly by game staff."

And 'Harrasment' :

"Were they purposefully trying to disrupt someone else's game? While an action may cause others distress, it is not considered harassment until it is determined by OSI/EA that it was done to intentionally cause distress or to offend other players. "

Both these DO qualify for a GM to act, or at least attend to determine if the harrasment clause applies - if they are inclined to actually do their job properly. Of course, there's no guarantee that even then they will do anything at all of any use.....

D

davehibb

Firstly I'd like to thank Lucy for bringing the plight of the players being targetted and griefed to the Stratics boards. It was a final act of desperation by these players after every other avenue had been exhausted with no help forthcoming from EA or GMs even though they have been paged regarding this individual's actions uncountable times and even been contacted by telephone from the UK with no joy.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has offered their support to our friends here in this thread, I think I can safely say that the individuals being targetted and the wider Roleplaying Community of Europa is grateful for that.

Now, down to business...

I find EA and our GMs total apathy and indifference to this situation almost as abhorrent as the vile and intimidatory actions of the griefer himself.

It is quite obscene that people have accounts banned for having such offensive character names as 'Harry Pooper', for unattended macroing to raise skills and that player's characters can't be tagged as an 'Assassin' because shock horror it has the word 'ass' in it... Twice! Yet someone can spend hours bullying/abusing/griefing EA's paying customers, coming out with all the vile crap that he has done and no one who's in a position to help really cares that much at all.

I would imagine if I created a character named after a GM or EA executive and spammed Luna bank claiming I was a Nazi paedophile rapist then I would be perma banned in moments, yet those in a position to help let this guy get away with it unchecked.

I find the level of 'service' being displayed here wholly unacceptable. In fact it's is down right disgraceful.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might appear pedantic but looking at the stipulation of 'not harrassment' I note that it says -

Blocking a recall location. (a. being singular)

What is being complained of is-

Blocking an area of several recall runes. (several. plural)

Could it be that their own guidelines do not cover the plural situation?.

Just wondering.......

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could it be that their own guidelines do not cover the plural situation?.

Just wondering.......
Rather doubt it Bobar - in order to block 'several', you have to start at blocking 'one'. I'll stick with my bet it's yet again a poorly trained, probably overloaded, GM person skimming a script of 'this is what you are allowed to do' and picking the wrong option.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rather doubt it Bobar - in order to block 'several', you have to start at blocking 'one'. I'll stick with my bet it's yet again a poorly trained, probably overloaded, GM person skimming a script of 'this is what you are allowed to do' and picking the wrong option.
You are probably right it was just a thought but thinking about posts on this thread has made me realise what a state these 'rules and 'guidelines' are actually in.

Consider this, the griefer drops water barrels and Shock! Surprise! a GM appears and tells the poster 'not illegal, you remove them'

Some role players experience from an earlier post--- 'yet the other day a GM showed up to respond to a complaint about roleplayers making a wall (that was easy enough to walk around and had a gap in the middle) in the middle of a well known roleplay town, for roleplay reasons'.

Now I suppose there are reasons for this being an offence but quite what the difference is is certainly arguable however why couldn't the role players have insisted that they weren't building a wall they were simply blocking recall runes?. Under the rules this is NOT an offence.

What has happened is because of the pathetic state of 'Customer Service' within UO and the inconsistency of actions that are taken. NONE OF US KNOW WHAT IS ALLOWABLE AND WHAT IS NOT - NOT EVEN THE GMs IT WOULD APPEAR. Strange when you consider how long many of us have played.

This thread has demonstrated not only the inabilty of EA to enforce their own rules but also how anomolous some of them are.

That said, it is long past time the offensive idiot who is the original subject of this post was removed. The fact that he is still about and the post still rumbling on is a real indictment of every aspect of EA.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
something ive just realised. having been a stratics user for many years and viewed many many posts with multi replies and almost all have flames in there somewhere.
this means to me that my belief in europa being the best shard is supported and that we are all united against this sort of behaviour.
big thanks and well done:cheerleader::cheerleader:

W

Wellz

And this morning:

http://i25.***********/91b1oo.jpg

I went to check my vendors and found these at the shop, where he has also began targetting "Monkey".

I paged two hours ago, still no response; not even a canned one.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

another photo with the horse names

i am also posting a link on UOHALL just for Chrissay, who is sitting on her arse donig SOD all, and asking us to stop posting to avoid drawign attention to the fool

in truth, we are HIGHLIGHTING the total LACK of customer care here, as it is now over 3 weeks that players have been abused by this so called banned player

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe it doesn`t really come down to concern or will here. They might be as handicapped as we are really. Floria said that he uses trial accounts after trial accounts, but may have one that he doesn`t use to abuse with. It sounds as it might be difficult and timeconsuming to track this one down.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are investigating the issue offline.
ok, so obviously for a start the horses will have been removed by the time i log in and go see.................................................................

lol, of course, lets pace ourselves here team, these players have only been abused for 3 WEEKS, lets take our time, the horses look so cute anyway with fuzzy names..................

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe it doesn`t really come down to concern or will here. They might be as handicapped as we are really. Floria said that he uses trial accounts after trial accounts, but may have one that he doesn`t use to abuse with. It sounds as it might be difficult and timeconsuming to track this one down.
Quite possible Serafi - I'm just intensely annoyed that they have a 'Harassment Policy' mentioning 'Origin has a zero tolerance policy towards harassment of this kind, as stated in our Terms of Service, and violation of the above can result in immediate and permanent account suspension on the first offense. '

Immediate does not mean three or four weeks later once we have worked out what is happening, in the meantime please put up with whatever is being done and our GMs will fail to recognise legitimate problems caused by a known griefer.

People are being genuinely upset and hurt all through this - it's more than likely the root of their slowness in action is the EA decision not to need credit card details when making a trial account, so there really is nothing useful at all to allow quick tracing of people like the one causing these current problems. But that - along with the ToS, harrasment policy, and all their other 'policies', is down to EA's own decisions. The players here have done all that has been asked of them, and have every right to expect EA to live up to their promises.

So far, they have left people stuck in harassment call queues for hours, failed to recognise transparently obvious griefing tactics, totally misinterpreted what was clearly said in earlier posts in this thread, and requested we keep quiet and take this further 'privately' - with whom, how, and to what ends remains obscure at best.

I gather from Jack's quoting of her, Chrissay has now said this is being pursued offline - but what on Earth is there in that statement, which seemingly confirms they are actually taking some sort of action, that could not have been said days ago without breaching the 'issues of confidentiality' that was given as an excuse not to say anything at all?

If they are 'handicapped' in sorting this out, it's because they have made themselves so, yet still claim this is one of the areas where they claim to pursue a fast action, no tolerance policy.

The words don't match the actions, and the actions speak louder. I only wish I hadn't been seeing similar situations recur for ten years now, and that this was sorted out for the sake of the people involved 'immediately' in the real sense of the word, not the EA policy meaning.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here. QUOTE]

I think I must go along with Serafi here. After the furore this post has caused and the totally unacceptable situation those suffering the abuse are in. I imagine that EA are probably trying to resolve the issue. They may well have reduced their resources which has allowed it to happen but thats another story.

I think that the way this subhuman is manipulating trial accounts is something that could not reasonably be foreseen. If nothing else when this is finally resolved, a lesson will have been learned and one would hope that something similar could be quickly dealt with in future. Some kind of control over trial accounts looks to be needed.

Chrissay has posted that it is being investigated offline, I take this to mean employing methods outside the norm.

I hope this will be resolved soon, the offender identified, and ALL and ANY accounts he (she?) has are closed.

For now I think I will let EA try to solve the problem and hope they also take on board the more than obvious opinions of its players regarding the GMs role and effectiveness.

H

Hoagie

To be fair, there's probably not a whole lot more that Chrissay is allowed to tell us, even if she wanted to.

And well said, Bobar.

C

Chrissay_

Chrissay has posted that it is being investigated offline, I take this to mean employing methods outside the norm.
Not outside the norm. We have no additional comments on this situation. We make a promise to all of our players when they make an account with us. We will NEVER discuss ANY details about their account with anyone. Regardless of the situation.

G

Guardsmen Militia

Not outside the norm. We have no additional comments on this situation. We make a promise to all of our players when they make an account with us. We will NEVER discuss ANY details about their account with anyone. Regardless of the situation.
I don't think anyone is asking for details over what happens or what exactly you are doing, just for confirmation that it was being looked at by *someone*.

You've done that now, so thank you for that and for taking the time to read/respond to the thread at all.

However I think that the point people are trying to get across (and still seems to be missed) isn't about this player in particular at all. It's that the in-game complaints system doesn't seem to be adequate or working. There isn't the space or procedure in place for people to make complaints of this sort and some of this 'player's' actions need explaining fully for it to be seen or understood as 'griefing' or breaching ToS.
But when you make a complaint via the in-game system, with the 200 character limit and the fact no one actually comes to talk TO you to get any details of what the problem is, it's being misunderstood or ignored.

(Posted not on behalf of Grd but as the opinion of the player Floria)

M

Monkey

Chrissay,

I hereby volunteer/apply to be a GM on an off-site location. Just so, y'know, I can get rid of those horses that've been in front of my shop all day now.

It has zero effect on my mood and sales as it's been selling well all day and even better than normally I should say, but it's lagging up my screen like a mofo.

W

Wellz

Chrissay, I understand your posts and appreciate the fact that you cannot discuss things. I am also not commenting on EA's actions towards this situation, regardless of the grief I am getting whilst playing UO with this individual being on the shard.

However, if you cannot say or state anything that people can gather any information on, I am wondering as to why you post. People are going to make personal attacks on your way of handling things if you post very short things that say nothing that will help the situation: People feed on it and will insult you. I do not want anyone else getting insulted out of this situation, if at all possible.

Rather than people slating EA's lack of action towards this matter, we should just continue to log the individual's actions to warn others of him, and keep paging or waiting as advised (even if it does not appear to help). There is nothing more we can do, except rely on GM's. Not the best solution, I am aware. But the only one we can rely on. No point insulting if they are the only ones who can do a thing about it. I think they get the picture that we are dissatisfied.

I do thank everyone for all their help, but I am requesting that criticisms may be constructive? Random insults without any advice or ideas are just empty, thus pointless. :(

-Rach/Wellz

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just bumped into Lucy of Kenton in game and happened to see this scum's work in action. Lets hope that common decency prevails and Chrissay manages to get the right thing done.

Siteswap

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had intended my last post to be, just that, my LAST, however the above post was a response to this sentence in my LAST post.

'Chrissay has posted that it is being investigated offline, I take this to mean employing methods outside the norm.'

Like most others I am aware that we will not be given ANY information regarding someones account or ANY actions pertaining to one.

My sentence was intended to convey that I believed what was happening was not foreseen and therefore was causing unusual problems in dealing with it and we must necessarily wait for resolution..

What you are saying is it is not unusual and falls within the normal scope of action by EA. If that is the case and there is nothing unusual about this 'thing' causing everybody hassle. WHY IN HELL HAS IT TAKEN 2 WEEKS?.

M

Monkey

Horse problem is solved through our own methods. Luring a crystal elemental there to have it kill all of them. Was a bit chaotic due to all the people involved, but it worked.

He of course will report people for luring.

W

wee papa smurf

Everyones jumping on Chrissay even although shes said its being looked at? Have some patience people, your giving the guy exactly what he wants, someone should delete this thread

M

Monkey

I very much so appreciate her contribution so far, even if her first posts were a bit unfortunate as we were still feeling a tad bit ignored.

This will be sorted out, 100% sure of that. But again, the main gripe is that in-game GM support is abysmal at best, and especially for the older vets around here that's quite a saddening fact to behold, compared to how it used to be.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
imagine the impression that closing this thread would do? what is so annoying is that its such a blatant contravention of the tos, yet so little is obviously done. it gives the impression that if anyone wants to start a trial acct they can basically do what they wish without any fear of being brought to bear for it. we already know that scripters are ok by customer support. is there any further the rules can be flaunted?

W

wee papa smurf

imagine the impression that closing this thread would do? what is so annoying is that its such a blatant contravention of the tos, yet so little is obviously done. it gives the impression that if anyone wants to start a trial acct they can basically do what they wish without any fear of being brought to bear for it. we already know that scripters are ok by customer support. is there any further the rules can be flaunted?
Look at what he's wrote, having that written here should be against the stratics tos? Its bad enough that people in game have to see what hes written, its vulgar so it shouldnt be posted over the net for everyone else to see? Im sure it is being looked at but as chrissay said it wont be disgussed with anyone else, just everyone take a chill pill and have a little patience :danceb: :danceb: