• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zyronic Claw

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is this too hard to try and steal?

I imagine there's like a THRONG of farmers on timers that log in precisely before it re-spawns every month, using a known trick to eliminate the action timer too and attempting to steal like there's no tomorrow.

What are a legit thief's chances to actually get the thing with 120 Stealing? It really sounds worse than any type of lottery.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the possibility is pretty darn low. Heck, I rarely even see the Gruesome Standard let alone the Egg Sack anymore.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, doom stealables, contrary to popular opinion, are pretty much fair game for anyone who does the homework involved. I might get shot by other doom thieves for divulging this, but here is the math involved in caculating when a stealable will spawn.

If you witness a rarity 10 artifact spawn (gloves, weapons, etc..) then the next time they will spawn is 60 days plus or minus 15 days. This is a pretty good formula for any doom stealable (I dont know of tokies are on this table or not).

normal spawn time plus or minus 25% of that spawn time gives you a window to camp... of course that means in the case of the claw, which is arty 10, you have a 75 day max from last spawn time, or they could spawn in 45 days...

O

Old Man of UO

There is also another secret to the spawn timer... respawns all occur simultaneously, if you know what I mean.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"normal spawn time plus or minus 25% of that spawn time gives you a window to camp... of course that means in the case of the claw, which is arty 10, you have a 75 day max from last spawn time, or they could spawn in 45 days..."

I think the OP is referring to what if someone runs a script 24/7 minus the server down time starting from the 45th day all the way to 75th day...

The chance is extremely low for a legit player regardless of skill to obtain such item.

O

Old Man of UO

I think the OP is referring to what if someone runs a script 24/7 minus the server down time starting from the 45th day all the way to 75th day...

The chance is extremely low for a legit player regardless of skill to obtain such item.
Sure, it's possible to script and target a single stealable item, but not more than one item that way. I've been able to stay ahead of the script runners doing Doom and Fan Dancer Dojo, just by knowing their schedule and when resources spawn. I've got every stealable except the zyronic claw and ruined painting that way.

But would itt really make sense to dedicate a bot 24/7 to the zyronic claw when that same bot could make 100 times the value of the zyronic claw in the same amount of time? If you are going to the trouble of cheating, you cheat big.

P

pavel.vesely

But would itt really make sense to dedicate a bot 24/7 to the zyronic claw when that same bot could make 100 times the value of the zyronic claw in the same amount of time? If you are going to the trouble of cheating, you cheat big.
I think that you underestimating cheaters. If you do not count cheaters which make money on UO, others are basicaly lazy or stupid (lazy to think) people. So I would bet that there is bot waiting for zyronic claw to respawn.

H

H2O

Actually, doom stealables, contrary to popular opinion, are pretty much fair game for anyone who does the homework involved. I might get shot by other doom thieves for divulging this, but here is the math involved in caculating when a stealable will spawn.

If you witness a rarity 10 artifact spawn (gloves, weapons, etc..) then the next time they will spawn is 60 days plus or minus 15 days. This is a pretty good formula for any doom stealable (I dont know of tokies are on this table or not).

normal spawn time plus or minus 25% of that spawn time gives you a window to camp... of course that means in the case of the claw, which is arty 10, you have a 75 day max from last spawn time, or they could spawn in 45 days...
If people use your timer they won't be getting too many level 10's. Since you have the right idea just your amount of days isn't 60 plus or minus 25%. Your really not close on that. I will not post the true times for level 10's here but, if anyone wants to know the exact time with the -/+ days just pm me and I will pm you back with that and any other stealable except ruined painting since I don't really have much info on it at all.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why bother with one bot? Bot all the high ends across multiple shards. :mad::wall:

I Just Agree that there is slim to no chance for honest(eeep) players at doom.

F

Fink

I imagine there's like a THRONG of farmers on timers that log in precisely before it re-spawns every month, using a known trick to eliminate the action timer too and attempting to steal like there's no tomorrow.

What are a legit thief's chances to actually get the thing with 120 Stealing? It really sounds worse than any type of lottery.
I don't think I've ever known anyone on my shard to have nabbed it. Obviously someone is, just nobody I know. I bought one, personal-blessed it, it's my favourite axe.

I was just chuffed to happen across the hanging studded tunic & legs the other day, but I'm easily pleased. :mf_prop:

R

RenaLynne

I think the whole point is that your chance of witnessing one spawn in the first place is very low. Then trying to check a window of 15 days to me seems pretty impossible. I would think very few people have that much time to devote to camping out in front of a possible spawn. (Me being one of them) Ive had a 120 thief for 3 years now and the highest arty Ive gotten is the AR 7 Cocoon. Again, though, I dont camp out in Doom for hours/days, thats rediculous. Im not complaining because I do know a few people that honestly obtained the high stealables and do it often. It takes a lot of time and patience, personally, its just not worth it to me.

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting the level 10 are not that bad.
They do take work though. And allot of time.
As already stated in this post , you do need to do your home work.
Level 10's, the claw, hammer, sword and gloves can spawn about every 30 days with a window past that time.
Exactly what that window is I am not sure. It could be the 25% that was already stated.
Yes there are people that camp them, but I believe that as the population on the shards are going down so are the campers.
There just is not as much profit in it as there used to be.
I have managed to get most of the stealables just by doing regular tours through doom and the dojo.
I have still to get the sword or the ruined painting though.
I have never managed to get any of the high end ones by camping them, just by being in the right place at the right time.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you have 120 stealing and you see a doom/tokono stealable at 120 skill you will steal the items at 100% of the time
at 100 there is a 1% chance of succcess
at 110 it is liek a 50% chance of success
at 115 it is like 75% chance of success

The actual seeing of the claw/hammer/blade/gloves is dependant on which shard you are on

If it is Great Lakes Unfortunately for anyone not in the same group I am in your chance is < 1% as we take turns on watch for the highend items.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I learnt these from the old thief forums, what I remember off the top of my head regarding the mechanics of stealable artifacts:

Respawn rate of each level of stealable is double that of the previous level:

ie
Level 1 = 1 hr
2 = 2 hrs
3 = 4 hrs
4 = 8 hrs
5 = 16 hrs
6 = 32 hrs
7 = 64 hrs
8 = 128 hrs
9 = 256 hrs
10 = 512 hrs
11 = 1024 hrs
12 = 2048 hrs (85 days, about 3 months for ruined paintings)

The actual respawn timing is randomized by up to +/- 50% of the respawn rate. So the respawn timing of the lvl 12 ruined painting ranges from 1024 to 3072 hrs (approx anywhere from 1.4 to 4.2 months).

If someone really need that painting bad, well, they can try using a script 24/7 to camp for 3 months. But I suspect they would run a gold farming script for 3 months and make enough gold to possibly buy 10 ruined paintings.

Every 15 mins, the server does a check to see if each arty is ready/should be respawned. All arties that it decides to respawn at that 15 min interval will be respawned simultaneously in all 3 dungeons (Doom, Fan dancer, Tokuno mines). So if you see an arty spawning right in front of you, it's a good bet to check other respawn spots.

I just try to make my daily rounds once a day (actually, monthly rounds seem more accurate). So far I have scored both Buddha statues, 1 of the fish sculptures, all the different sword stands and the flower in the succubus room. Plus tons of the other stealables.

1 thing about the Zyronic Claw, can anyone confirm where it spawns now? I remember the spawn point was moved a long time ago, but not sure where, would appreciate if someone can point me in the right place. Thanks!