• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zounds! Sounds!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco has provided us with the means to add custom sounds. Has anyone done so?

I just 'borrowed' a sound from my open office folder (ups.wav) and attached it to the text 'Ar, we've stopped sir'. Made me smile when my ship ran into a dolphin.

G

Gyvalor

I have the sound thing activated and it asks me Male or Femail voice but I have not heard anything. I didn't know I had to put a sound file somewhere. This is one of the things I was going to try and learn next.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't, unless, like me, you try to add one of your own.
You should get sounds for emotes. Try emoting something. There's a list of the sounds Pinco added in one of the other threads.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note, my one regret is that the two tiller man phrases aren't the same voice. It would be nice if someone with the right program and a nice male voice would record the two .mp3 sound bytes for us.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the tillerman phrases come from warcraft 2 sounds :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) they're not the same voice though. It would be possible for someone to actually make a pair of matching files with some simple recording equipment I think?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) they're not the same voice though. It would be possible for someone to actually make a pair of matching files with some simple recording equipment I think?
they are different because one is from the human ship and the other from the orc ships, and are the best I've found...
however the hard part of recording that sounds is remove the background noises...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Well maybe we'll be lucky and someone who is expert at such things may come forward and help.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could you replace existing sounds, or only add new ones? :)

am thinkin riding/footsteps sounds for example :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've turned footsteps off. I found the fact that they were out of synch with the character's movement was actually contributing to the nausea I got playing the client. Not sure of the logic in that, but for me it's true.