• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] "Zoom Snap"

F

Fink

The zoom vs pixel ratio problem is still with us and the only method we had to control it was patched out.

Would it be possible to have a Zoom Snap implemented? Toggling on the snap would mean the pixel ratio would only zoom in increments like:

3:1 Zoomed In
2:1
1:1 Normal
1:2
1:3 Zoomed Out

No sliding between whole numbers and ending up with say 1.673:1 pixel ratio with that rippling "fat pixel" effect making the screen shimmer as you move.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps the same snap scaling could be optionally applied to classic backpacks. I run Classic & EC side by side at 1920x1080 and although the EC pack is slightly larger, it's much blurrier, which I feel detracts from the "classic" look. Conversely the art/icons in hotbars appear to be at 1:1 pixels without any smoothing and they look crisp and clear as in Classic.

O

Old Man of UO

I asked for something similar for the KR client and was told then it wasn't possible. Maybe things have changed, but I know that I would love to see that also.

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to figure out myself how to get the SA client to zoom to the proper pixel ratio. I've found that if I use my mouse wheel to zoom out exactly 12 clicks, there's little to no pixel distortion. If I click 11 or 13 times, though, the distortion is back. Using my keyboard it's impossible to reproduce, because the amount you zoom out varies on how long you hold the key down, but by using my mouse, I can always get it back to the exact zoom level if I click 12 times. Maybe this could work for other players? It's a pain to have to do this every time I log in, but until they add in a way to snap the zoom, it's the only thing I've found that works.

Is there maybe a way to control the zoom amount using the command action in a macro? I know there used to be a way to resize the window to an exact size, but this command is no longer available. Maybe we can zoom to an exact level using it? I'm not sure what commands are available, so I don't know if it's possible.