• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zoom Map?

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking for a map of new areas and SA land mass....that you can zoom into..

The ones they have now i cant see very well..

Thanks

Sara1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know. Wish they would let the UOAM guy make the maps for UO again. The UOAM was a wonderful game enhancing tool. I miss it very much!!

O

Old Man of UO

I know. Wish they would let the UOAM guy make the maps for UO again. The UOAM was a wonderful game enhancing tool. I miss it very much!!
The "UOAM guy" already has permission to make the new maps. He chose two years ago (July 9, 2007 announcement) not to make updates to the program.

S

Sevin0oo0

I know for fact that the TerMur map can be pasted into the lower left corner of the Fel map and it works perfectly. Haven't tried dungeons yet.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He can update them anytime he wants. It is he that decided not to update UOAM. It is also his decision not to let anyone else have the code so that they could update the maps. ???

S

Sevin0oo0

> his decision not to let anyone else have the code so that they could update the maps. ???

Yes, my understanding is it's from a legal agreement he made back when. It's reading from the data stream, and as innocent as it may be, free source code could undermine UO worse than it is now.
It's not just updating the maps, you can do that yourself, the problem is that UOAM makes (& uses) a set size map, and expects the maps in the MUL files to be a certain size, but UO made the maps in the MUL files wider and added more of them (SA), which is why it crashes now.
The UOAM executible would have to mod'd (rewritten) for both of those changes, plus there was a auto-calibration/tracking issue that was in-op. For someone that doesn't play UO, and gave the program away for free, why should he bother.
I heard a replacement was in the works, but...

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For someone that doesn't play UO, and gave the program away for free, why should he bother?

I couldn't agree with you more. It was an unselfish project that died.
One of equal quality and information could have been should have been included by Mythic into SA 2d client.