• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Zoom level issues

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you all know, there is exactly ONE zoom level in the Enhanced Client, where objects do not look blurred or strangely pixelated. It is the zoom level that matches the original Legacy Client size.

Each time I log in, first thing to do is to zoom exactly to that level, because graphics look best that way.

The client needs a funtion to lock the zoom to a fixed level (to prevent accidental zooming), and REMEMBER that zoom setting.

F

Fink

I could happily do without "zoom out" if the default setting was 1:1 pixel ratio (and I wouldn't have to load all that extraneous :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: just to walk around).

M

Myna

i wished we could get a radius circle aorund the char when using ranged attacks, when you zoom in and out its really hard to decide if a monster is near enough to hit or not ... when i cast spells the most time i get the msg its not in range and waste a lot time with recasting

so i stay with the classic client and yes the graphics in the enhaced client is much worse then the classic ... even most spells doesnt have an animation, just sound

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There's NO reason why the artwork should pixelate and distort at ANY zoom level (except some pixelation at the closest zoom level)... that's fail #1.

The target reticule (the little spinny gold thingy) should go from gold to grey when a creature is out of range.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No, it doesn't NOW, but it SHOULD... it's something I have posted about on the beta boards.

It's something the devs need to make it do.

Sorry... should have clarified.

F

Fink

Good idea.

I expect it would change based on what spell you're casting, or skill you're using, etc. I've noticed my shepherd crook reaches further than my bard can, and various spells seem to have diffferent ranges (lightning seems to have the longest).

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
even most spells doesnt have an animation, just sound
That statement is incorrect. In fact, the spell animations in the Enhanced Client are way better than ni the Legacy Client. Maybe you turned off this feature?