• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ZOOG

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been thinking for a while of trying to get ZOOG and PERV up and running again as actual guilds. May start recruiting from prodo shards and try to catch some of the new PvMs and Crafter types as they come to Siege. Don't really see PERV doing much other than being a guild for my toons Old Uncle Perv, Tyreth to do VvV Sigils though. Anyway seriously thinking about trying to bring ZOOG back as a real guild since I have a lot of time on my hands at least until next spring.

ZOOG would need some revamping and expanded beyond just Zoogie farming and powder and bag running. Thinking making it a Craft, resource, and PvM guild in addition to the T Powder and BOS end, we were always into the fel side resource collecting and crafting, we were just better known as the Zoogie people. ZOOG was always a good craft, pvm guild for new players that got the new folks geared up with a little better than average weapons and armor and made a good cash cow to get the gold flowing into the bank. Not many guild rules other than no PvP unless defending yourself and Stay out of other Members resource boxes. The profits from the guild vendors sales were split % wise on what each member contributed. will have to work out a new payment method as the old method of dropping a check in each members box won't fly now days :) Nothing against GIL but they just are not everyone cup of tea and a craft resource and PvM guild could fill a nice niche on Siege and not be seen as controlling the shard and targeted for that reason. Would like ZOOG to be as nuetral as possible and provide sales and service to everyone. Kind of like NEW2 without the connection to more controversial guilds, again no offense to you Freja but you have been a bit of a lightning rod and TDO got brought into it, and NEW2 is largely seen as a sub guild of TDO. Seems better to have a new player/crafter/pvm/ resource guild that is not connected to any other guild. Yeah I know I stepped outside of my usual neutral position with Hi5 just because they represent everything that is wrong with UO and PvP in particular IMO. On the flip side I don't like how big and how much control GIL has over the economy and have not made a secret of that either. At least GIL operates within the rules and with dignity. Again nothing against any of the legit playing evil or good guilds just both are lightning rods for controversy. I pretty much get a long with everyone a few exceptions but those mainly center around the garden variety cheating types.

PERV never was big on Siege but was decent on Legends for those that don't know or don't remember PERV was the PvP wing of ZOOG, I was a OK PvP back then but pretty much threw in the towel when PvP changed from Player vs Player to program vs program. Since there are usually more non cheating PvP on Siege than speeder, scrip Haxx PvP PERV might actually work on Siege. The primary function of PERV was to protect the ZOOG farmers and resource collectors and do spawns to keep both guilds scrolled up. Despite being PERVERTS it was a Blue PvP guild, that actively hunted reds. Now that Royal Forged Pardons and Forged Pardons have eliminated most Reds guess it would be a VvV guild.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been thinking for a while of trying to get ZOOG and PERV up and running again as actual guilds. May start recruiting from prodo shards and try to catch some of the new PvMs and Crafter types as they come to Siege. Don't really see PERV doing much other than being a guild for my toons Old Uncle Perv, Tyreth to do VvV Sigils though. Anyway seriously thinking about trying to bring ZOOG back as a real guild since I have a lot of time on my hands at least until next spring.

ZOOG would need some revamping and expanded beyond just Zoogie farming and powder and bag running. Thinking making it a Craft, resource, and PvM guild in addition to the T Powder and BOS end, we were always into the fel side resource collecting and crafting, we were just better known as the Zoogie people. ZOOG was always a good craft, pvm guild for new players that got the new folks geared up with a little better than average weapons and armor and made a good cash cow to get the gold flowing into the bank. Not many guild rules other than no PvP unless defending yourself and Stay out of other Members resource boxes. The profits from the guild vendors sales were split % wise on what each member contributed. will have to work out a new payment method as the old method of dropping a check in each members box won't fly now days :) Nothing against GIL but they just are not everyone cup of tea and a craft resource and PvM guild could fill a nice niche on Siege and not be seen as controlling the shard and targeted for that reason. Would like ZOOG to be as nuetral as possible and provide sales and service to everyone. Kind of like NEW2 without the connection to more controversial guilds, again no offense to you Freja but you have been a bit of a lightning rod and TDO got brought into it, and NEW2 is largely seen as a sub guild of TDO. Seems better to have a new player/crafter/pvm/ resource guild that is not connected to any other guild. Yeah I know I stepped outside of my usual neutral position with Hi5 just because they represent everything that is wrong with UO and PvP in particular IMO. On the flip side I don't like how big and how much control GIL has over the economy and have not made a secret of that either. At least GIL operates within the rules and with dignity. Again nothing against any of the legit playing evil or good guilds just both are lightning rods for controversy. I pretty much get a long with everyone a few exceptions but those mainly center around the garden variety cheating types.

PERV never was big on Siege but was decent on Legends for those that don't know or don't remember PERV was the PvP wing of ZOOG, I was a OK PvP back then but pretty much threw in the towel when PvP changed from Player vs Player to program vs program. Since there are usually more non cheating PvP on Siege than speeder, scrip Haxx PvP PERV might actually work on Siege. The primary function of PERV was to protect the ZOOG farmers and resource collectors and do spawns to keep both guilds scrolled up. Despite being PERVERTS it was a Blue PvP guild, that actively hunted reds. Now that Royal Forged Pardons and Forged Pardons have eliminated most Reds guess it would be a VvV guild.
This will fill a void on Siege and I can think of no one else who could fill it as well. I also appreciate Zoog taking a neutral stance but within limits rather then a "profit at all costs" mentality. It gives the more neutrally oriented a place to call home.

I look forward to working with both Zoog and Perv.

-Lore