• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zoo Points By Shard - Updated for Week 25 (April 26, 2008) [Includes updated graph.]

• Thread starter imported_Tina Small
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Darn it I am about 5 days too slow to read about the Silver Steed (and see it). Go catskills!!!

I

imported_Tina Small

Drachenfels still has theirs and I'm sure they would be happy to have tourists come pay a visit.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we maintain the lead? Or was the decay too hard for our big hearted hard working shard! Today we know if Drachs went down fighting or not!

I

imported_Tina Small

Below are updated figures from around 9:00 am Mountain Time this morning (Saturday, March 1, 2008). The following twelve shards, identified with an * below, had net increases from last week as follows: Drachenfels (4,414,555), Great Lakes (3,518,438), Baja (3,082,817), Origin (2,581,895), Asuka (2,156,358), Atlantic (1,278,028), Hokuto (709,692), Catskills (636,578), Wakoku (224,872), Arirang (91,684), Siege Perilous (85,751), and Oceania (79,829). Fantastic job, everyone!

The following shards were within 90% to 96% of their previous week's totals: Lake Superior (96%), Pacific (95%), Napa Valley (94%), Formosa (93%), Yamato (92%), Sonoma (91%), Mizuho (91%), Legends (91%), Chesapeake (90%), and Balhae (90%).

The total points across all shards was 101,672,396. The net increase across all shards in one week was 15,708,801 points.

Tier 11
21,201,737 Drachenfels*

Tier 9
9,751,222 Catskills*
9,109,427 Atlantic*

Tier 7
7,041,828 Lake Superior

Tier 6
6,811,167 Great Lakes*
6,436,525 Asuka*

Tier 4
4,366,227 Baja*
4,336,491 Wakoku*

Tier 3
3,768,269 Sakura
3,477,832 Pacific
3,288,605 Origin*
3,144,437 Europa
3,118,480 Hokuto*

Tier 2
2,793,055 Yamato
2,363,877 Izumo
2,329,645 Mizuho

Tier 1
1,275,856 Oceania*
1,169,258 Chesapeake
1,086,367 Arirang*
1,076,876 Sonoma
1,000,551 Formosa

Tier 0
984,684 Legends
879,929 Lake Austin
596,033 Napa Valley
145,542 Siege Perilous*
91,998 Balhae
26,478 Mugen

Edited to remove chart.

I

imported_Tina Small

Does anyone know how I can narrow the width of the chart? It's getting very wide and making this thread hard to read. I'm afraid I'm not an HTML wizard, so any advice you can offer will be gladly accepted.

I

imported_Legacyee

The pets on Drachenfels are so behind this zoo thing, that they are donating themselves.

G

why is it that per mil check you only get 66,666 points... i thought it was suppose to be one per one...?

A

Adam Randall

<blockquote><hr>

why is it that per mil check you only get 66,666 points... i thought it was suppose to be one per one...?

[/ QUOTE ]

who told you that?

greetings

Adam Randall

G

<blockquote><hr>

Keep going ! It can be done... and as I said, the best reward of all is seeing the Zoo filled and feeling so heartened by the fact people ARE willing to help out and make an effort together.

As Frarc said, its the quality that counts... relentless marking and dropping runes helps a lot ( he did most of that, LOL, and still does ) and also shameless tin rattling everytime someone gets near the Zoo... one guy who ambled up on a blue beetle said " ah but I'm not a tamer ", I just replied, " Oh thats fine, the blue box takes gold, you know ! "

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much for the inspiration - at present I am guild and alliance bashing for PoC and forum posting on Oceania stratics to get the interest flowing. I have also done one rune drop but will have to do some more.

I am also going to host a shard scavenger hunt for animals off the zoo list with all the animals to be donated to the zoo for them to count and the winner will get a prize and so on.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are glad to be a inspiration!

Keep up the good work and even when things getting slower don't give up! Eventualy when the word gets out and more people see how noble this quest is , the easyer the task will get. It can be done with the lots of good people out there, you just need to find them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We are glad to be a inspiration!

Keep up the good work and even when things getting slower don't give up! Eventualy when the word gets out and more people see how noble this quest is , the easyer the task will get. It can be done with the lots of good people out there, you just need to find them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bigest issue I seem to be getting is the "doom sayers" with the why bother remarks and the its no point and it will only decay comments.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The bigest issue I seem to be getting is the "doom sayers" with the why bother remarks and the its no point and it will only decay comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i know what you mean. But its because those people i was even determand to get this going. What we got on Drachenfels in 3 weeks was beyond anyone expectation. Just show them the graphics and points to what we have done when we all work together.
It just a matter to find the right people.

Keep showing every little thing that changed in your Zoo. Keep posting and keep dropping runes to ask for help. I know there are people out there to help out.

Why do we eat today when we have to eat again tomorrow? Thats a logic of some people i never understood. Sometimes you just need to do things for no reason. Too many complains about there is nothing to do or its too easy. When you need a challenge do the Zoo donations.

Eventualy the Zoo armor is a little extra bonus outside the fact of the good feeling from a lot of people to completely fill the Zoo. Even if it just ones to have a silver steed to show your shard!

G

I totally understand what you mean.......some people just complain for the sake of complaining also. They never intend to do anything to change what makes them unhappy instead they complain about everything anyone else tries to do. *sigh* human nature can be so frustrating at times.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats because complaining is always the easy way out!

G

Thank you Frac for coming by the Oceania shard forums and trying to spur some interest in the zoo it was very kind of you.

pssst do you like my new siggy *smiles* its for my tamer.

G

Is the zoo on Drachenfels still full?....can I see some screen shots? please

G

oooo thank you I am going to pop that link on the Oceania forums perhaps it will inspire the tamers there.

I

imported_Tina Small

Below are updated figures from around 9:00 am Mountain Time this morning (Saturday, March 8, 2008). The following eight shards, identified with an * below, had net increases from last week as follows: Catskills (1,446,640), Lake Superior (1,009,619), Hokuto (920,523), Yamato (793,482), Chesapeake (612,712), Great Lakes (234,054), Arirang (220,725), Siege Perilous (10,219).

The following shards were within 97% to 99% of their previous week’s total: Pacific (99%) and Izumo (99%). The following shards were within 90% to 96% of their previous week's totals: Mizuho (96%), Sonoma (95%), Drachenfels (95%), Sakura (94%), Napa Valley (94%), Formosa (92%), Oceania (91%), Lake Austin (90%), and Asuka (90%).

The total points across all shards was 100,808,756. The net decrease across all shards in one week was 863,640 points.

Tier 11
20,203,100 Drachenfels
11,197,862 Catskills*

Tier 8
8,051,447 Lake Superior*

Tier 7
7,512,996 Atlantic
7,045,221 Great Lakes*

Tier 5
5,798,302 Asuka

Tier 4
4,039,003 Hokuto*

Tier 3
3,882,899 Baja
3,812,844 Wakoku
3,586,537 Yamato*
3,548,372 Sakura
3,445,853 Pacific

Tier 2
2,752,923 Europa
2,695,810 Origin
2,337,147 Izumo
2,247,416 Mizuho

Tier 1
1,781,970 Chesapeake*
1,307,092 Arirang*
1,163,613 Oceania
1,027,071 Sonoma

Tier 0
920,773 Formosa
839,625 Legends
793,364 Lake Austin
559,866 Napa Valley
155,761 Siege Perilous*
79,188 Balhae
22,701 Mugen

Edited to remove chart.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think with a little then a million points lossed this week we hold on pretty good on Drachenfels.

G

Thank you for the support and encouragement Legacyee. It is so nice for the Drachenfels tamers to drop by Oceania to spur them on....it seems to be going very slow but I do see people donating.

K

Kayne

Trying to get the europa tamers in on helping our zoo go from tier 2 and up up up. Not going to be an easy task but thank you to cat crimson for dropping in on the thread i posted on the europa board.

C

Cat Crimson

No problem hon... like I said, the main thing is people trying, and making it into an enjoyable thing and having events rather than just a trudge. I am just astounded at our success and that is in the main due to people dropping a lot of cash into the box, but the best thing of all was meeting up with people and the fun and interaction.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody said its easy. Its just a matter to find the right people with the right attitude .

Don't give up too fast, it can be slow going at first.

K

Kayne

Thank you for dropping in too Frarc. I know a few tamers were out there yesterday and i did see the points adding up. Lets hope the effort continues!

EDIT - We lost 80k in points, unfortunately that wiped out all the work anyone did yesterday. However we did just gain a whole lot more thanks to a kind donation of 5 million gold.

I

imported_Tina Small

RTLFC

If anyone needs a graph with information for just one shard, let me know. Or if you want your shard's color changed in the "all shards" graph, I'm more than willing to change it.

And to all of you who have jumped into this friendly little competition with so much enthusiasm.....you are simply awesome! I started tracking these figures a couple of months ago and posting the results with the hope that maybe it would spark a little bit of competition among shards. It was slow to take off, but I think the results have been well worth it. What I find most gratifying of all is seeing people take the time to help other shards get going with their own efforts.

I fear it may be a while before EA deems it worth their time to make any changes to the community collections. In the meantime, however, we the players have shown that we know how to make lemonade out of lemons.

Good luck to all of you with your efforts! I look forward to gathering figures again this Saturday and hopefully being able to post about some new surprises.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Trying to get the europa tamers in on helping our zoo go from tier 2 and up up up. Not going to be an easy task but thank you to cat crimson for dropping in on the thread i posted on the europa board.

[/ QUOTE ]

GO KAYNE GO *smiles* I just think its GO TAMERS cause I would like to see all shards full *waves pom poms*

G

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

If anyone needs a graph with information for just one shard, let me know. Or if you want your shard's color changed in the "all shards" graph, I'm more than willing to change it.

And to all of you who have jumped into this friendly little competition with so much enthusiasm.....you are simply awesome! I started tracking these figures a couple of months ago and posting the results with the hope that maybe it would spark a little bit of competition among shards. It was slow to take off, but I think the results have been well worth it. What I find most gratifying of all is seeing people take the time to help other shards get going with their own efforts.

I fear it may be a while before EA deems it worth their time to make any changes to the community collections. In the meantime, however, we the players have shown that we know how to make lemonade out of lemons.

Good luck to all of you with your efforts! I look forward to gathering figures again this Saturday and hopefully being able to post about some new surprises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Tina for all your efforts you are truly awesome to spend the time compiling the graph and statistics - I would love a version for oceania...although our efforts are very small at the moment.

I also wanted to thank you for the wonderful PM you sent me today *HUGS*

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup Tina your graphs started it all. And now we trying to spread this Zoo Donation thing trough all shards. And a little competition between shards can't hurt.

K

Kayne

Second evening of Project Zoo at the europa shard went very well. See link in my above post for info on both the first day and the second

G

How the heck do you keep your enthusiasm up when hours and hours worth of work gets wiped out? The only way I can see us succeeding is by throwing gold at it tbh.

Over the last 3 days I've donated over 700 drakes and over 100 unicorns, but I know we're not going to make a tier today, so everything I've done for the past 5 hours will have been just to stop it falling back a tier, no progress made.

my personal points total has gone from 156k to 330k in 3 days, but I've no plans to spend them on anything.

K

Kayne

Petra my dear dont despair. You've seen what the Europa community can manage over the course of two days. The zoo hasnt beaten us yet.

K

Karthcove

Only tried it once but the Zoo wouldn't except a greater drag? This a bug?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bringing the community together is always a good thing

I done 1850000 points in 5 weeks and still got no desire to give up. All by taming Unicorns. (and a little gold from the monsters that wanders around the area.) I keep my enthusiasm because we achieved 22.6 million on our Zoo Party. Not thanks to what i done but what to community have done. What we tamed and what people donated in gold. I don't care that we lost about 5 million points since that day cause we showed already that if we work together we can do alot.

We had to fight the decay too and still we have too. I want to keep a full Zoo as long as possible.

I read the Europa boards the last days what what you have done the last days are wonderfull! You brought people together to try to get the points up. But i know people like you can pull it together. But getting depressed over a little fall back is not a good way to keep the moral. You need to have more faith in yourself and the community.

K

Kayne

Karthcove, the new greater dragons were brought in recently so they are not on the list of donatables. Normal dragons and drakes are though and both worth 400 points.

I

imported_Tina Small

Below are updated figures from around 10:30 am Mountain Daylight Savings Time this morning (Saturday, March 15, 2008). The following eight shards, identified with an * below, had net increases from last week as follows: Sakura (974,126), Europa (960,271), Balhae (773,956), Izumo (624,879), Atlantic (460,348), Arirang (189,064), Siege Perilous (54,858), and Lake Austin (33,608). Some nice increases here!

The following shards were within 97% to 99% of their previous week’s total: Hokuto (99%) and Sonoma (97%). The following shards were within 90% to 96% of their previous week's totals: Catskills (96%), Asuka (96%), Lake Superior (96%), Pacific (95%), Wakoku (95%), Mizuho (94%), Oceania (92%), Chesapeake (92%), Baja (91%), and Formosa (90%).

The total points across all shards was 97,544,221. The net decrease across all shards in one week was 3,264,535 points.

Tier 11
17,311,803 Drachenfels

Tier 10
10,803,402 Catskills

Tier 7
7,973,344 Atlantic*
7,711,859 Lake Superior

Tier 5
5,901,797 Great Lakes
5,573,241 Asuka

Tier 4
4,522,498 Sakura*
4,015,520 Hokuto

Tier 3
3,713,194 Europa*
3,615,103 Wakoku
3,537,967 Baja
3,286,741 Pacific
3,083,661 Yamato

Tier 2
2,962,026 Izumo*
2,227,291 Origin
2,122,164 Mizuho

Tier 1
1,638,556 Chesapeake
1,496,156 Arirang*
1,074,327 Oceania

Tier 0
995,655 Sonoma
853,144 Balhae*
826,972 Lake Austin*
826,475 Formosa
741,324 Legends
501,036 Napa Valley
210,619 Siege Perilous*
18,346 Mugen

Note: I changed colors for a few of the shards that have been at the bottom of the list to try to make some of them more visible. Not sure whether it helped.

Edited to remove chart.

I

imported_Tina Small

I created charts for a few shards where I know that there have been events run to promote the zoo. Here are clickable versions, in case you want to copy them to use in posts on shard forums. I will TRY to keep this posting updated each week with a new version of these charts, but no guarantees it will happen Saturday morning! LOL

If anyone needs a chart for another shard not included here, just let me know. Or if you want a "custom" chart showing just a select handful of shards, that can be arranged too. *Walks away with a mischievous glint in her eye.*

Atlantic

Baja

Catskills

Drachenfels

Europa

Lake Superior

Oceania

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

How the heck do you keep your enthusiasm up when hours and hours worth of work gets wiped out? The only way I can see us succeeding is by throwing gold at it tbh.

Over the last 3 days I've donated over 700 drakes and over 100 unicorns, but I know we're not going to make a tier today, so everything I've done for the past 5 hours will have been just to stop it falling back a tier, no progress made.

my personal points total has gone from 156k to 330k in 3 days, but I've no plans to spend them on anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I find zoo donating soul-destroying.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed the evening I spent in Destard with the boardies, but the bottom line is that we might just as well have not bothered.

The only way we are going to gain and maintain levels is to have 20 tamers farming every drake / dragon / unicorn / kirin spawn for 4 or 5 hours at a time.
As much as I am fond of fighting for hopeless causes, this particular situation tends to trigger a "why bother" response from me.

That being said, count me in for the next orgainsed attempt. (see note above concerning hopeless causes.)

K

Kayne

Fluffi, take today as a for instance. We got all the way down to 198k roughly and the decay hit and took us back to about 300k

In the space of FOUR hours which isnt really much time when you think about it we got ourselves back down to 198k. That proves that this is possible. Yes its difficult but we are really doing well.

I

imported_Yalp

We've set up another Tamer-Palooza event for baja.. April 13. Would love to host as many visitors (maybe even tamers) from other shards to come join the fun as we try to give some life to our little zoo.

Too bad character transfers were so expensive. . maybe we could coordinate a cross shard tamer movement to all the smaller shards to get their zoos up!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

K

Kayne

We've shot up in the last few days after a slump among the main tamers getting involved in this. Now heading for tier 7

Europa rules when it comes to community

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks so much like what happend to Drachs. It was slow at first but then picked up nicely