Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. State of Stratics Address

Hail Guest !

RonBron the President and Owner of Stratics is planning to engage in a State of Stratics Address next Saturday Night at 6pm EST. He wishes to gather questions from our community. To submit questions and concerns please visit this Thread

3. The time has come to say farewell to another of our beloved community members

Hail Guest!

Please take a moment to read and leave your gratitude for Airmid, as she has decided to pass the torch on to a new generation of Stratics Volunteers. http://community.stratics.com/threads/bon-voyage-friend.324118/#post-2452837

ZAM's Pwyff shares his Interview with Jon Peters - PVP, Combat & GW2's eSports aspirations!

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Bella, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Bella

Bella Journeyman

The following is an interview between Pwyff, of Zam, and Jon Peters, one of the GW2 game designers, discussing competitive PvP, combat and GW2's eSports aspirations! I found this piece to be especially interesting:

"ZAM: Speaking of competitive team-based PvP, eSports has been making a big push into the public sphere, with more players turning to streams to generate consistent revenue while playing in tournaments for the prestige and bigger cash prizes. Do you have any major plans to support eSports gaming in Guild Wars 2 that you can share?
    Jon: Absolutely. We consider it to be one of the primary goals of Guild Wars 2 competitive PvP to make it into an eSport. We plan to have daily tournaments, monthly tourneys and a yearly world championship. I can't give out tons of details on these yet, but I just wanted you guys to know that we plan to have these things and support them."

Can you imagine how cool that would be!!!!
    You can find the original article here: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=29213
    And for the click-link impaired:
    We at GW2 Stratics would like to thank Pwyff of Zam and Jon Peters for sharing this information with the GW2 player nation!! ​